What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Well both iraq and syria ordered these equipments and because if the current conflicts, we can see them on the social media.
But I think iran isnt showing such stuff because they arent used that much except for training. And the iranian military doesnt really have a proper PR section to show any content even about normal training. So yea I guess that's why we cant see anything about such equipment in iran.
Yes, I guess there is not much use fo these kinds of equipment in Iran or its borders.

True, I think it’s part of an extensive real combat test, to be honest. Real combat action is the best verification for new equipment!
I agree. The amount of data and experience that Iran's weapon industry has been exposed to over the past 5 years is massive. Hope they put it into good use.

View attachment 639090
Does anyone know what the 2nd APC from the left is called? And does anyone have any information about it?
rakhsh APC:
2615816.jpg

Yes, I guess there is not much use fo these kinds of equipment in Iran or its borders.
Well yes it's probably too expensive to use against insurgents. But there is the APC on the right of toophan in the pic I had in my last post asking about its name. That will probably be more suitable for the border guards as its smaller, probably cheaper to produce, has good protection and can transport troops and equipment while having weapons mounted on top of it. So I think giving this to the border guards is better.

rakhsh APC:
2615816.jpg
I was asking about the APC to the right of toophan. I dont think this one is really useful when it comes to guarding the border.

a wild guess: armored Toyota hilux... :whistle:
you can find the high quality thing in http://fna.ir/a0dpaq

the thing is yooz apc. or that is what i found on twitter.
The tweet says that its name is Yuz armored car. Is it iranian made? Because this will be more suitable for the border guards.

Also another option I think the border guards can use is to mount the automatically loaded mortars on Safir jeeps to be used as close fire support.
Also does iran produce small guided mortar shells because then this can even increase the effectiveness of the system and make targeting the terrorists easier if the area is mountainous and they are behind cover. A drone can be used to designate the targets and the mortar would fire towards the targets.

I was asking about the APC to the right of toophan. I dont think this one is really useful when it comes to guarding the border.
yep i thought you mean second from left:D:D
the one you asked about is yuz armored car:
ZNBXsvP86OPQHF1qi9d3ZyRj3rYDcl0zgfRFthP7oLKreK9eViY_8M0zajZvDgKHk2FYq20KqHBI-48yy9gpeK6emeTAF9E5kHwU3zVA_g

regarding the rakhsh APC, it's only capable of resisting against 7.62 mm. also it seems like we have two kind of rakhsh APC, one with tracks one with wheels:

rakhsh_Armored_Vehicle_0.jpg

2615814.jpg

Iran‘s APCs are in desperate need of new design and upgrade.

I know new gen APCs and tanks are not a pressing need at this moment, but with the new MRAPs developed there is no reason not to move ahead APC

Seeing all these Iranian systems being proliferated throughout the region reminds us how much revenue Iran could gain by selling such systems on the market.
Its not about could gain, its about already gained. Iran isnt donating these weapons in the end. If Iran doesnt receive $ for the weapons, Iran will receive the equivalent financial value in some other form, maybe political.

Ra'ad MRAP is such a beauty. A mean looking machine.

%D8%B1%D8%B9%D8%AF_%D8%AE%D9%88%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%88_%D9%BE%DB%8C%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%AA%D9%87_%D8%B6%D8%AF%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86_%D8%B6%D8%AF%DA%A9%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86.jpg

10389764_521.jpg

10389798_866.jpg

10389769_280.jpg

10389797_574.jpg

10390544_780.jpg

I think the next generation version of this will have remote controlled turret. Such technology is getting more cost effective due to its wide spread use. When you combined that with the life saving factor, then it becomes much more likely for it to be implemented.

Its not about could gain, its about already gained. Iran isnt donating these weapons in the end. If Iran doesnt receive $ for the weapons, Iran will receive the equivalent financial value in some other form, maybe political.

Selling these systems in such limited quantities due the embargo is not comparable to the sort of revenues Iran could be earning by selling much larger quantities to other nations etc.

Ra'ad MRAP is such a beauty!

%D8%B1%D8%B9%D8%AF_%D8%AE%D9%88%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%88_%D9%BE%DB%8C%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%AA%D9%87_%D8%B6%D8%AF%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86_%D8%B6%D8%AF%DA%A9%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86.jpg

10389764_521.jpg

10389798_866.jpg

10389769_280.jpg

10389797_574.jpg

10390544_780.jpg

I think the next generation version of this will have remote controlled turret. Such technology is getting more cost effective due to its wide spread use. When you combined that with the life saving factor, then it becomes much more likely for it to be implemented.

Ra'ad is very spacious from the inside, and iran already has remote controlled turrets. I am pretty sure iran has already implemented the remote controlled turrets and a part of the inside can hold a small station that controls the turret.

Also another very useful thing that can be implemented on this platform is that it can be equipped with antennas for controlling drones, have a small controlling station inside for 2 operators, and carry a couple quadcopters or small drones, or even the small robots that can carry explosives or an fire arm. These vehicles will be able to deploy such equipment in the front lines and perform close support for the units at a very low cost, as well as managing the units in combat.

DOesnt the front of this MRAP look like TUrkish Carpi or something?

btw, NICE WORK IRAN.

My friend, comparing Iranian systems to other nations' systems that are mostly based on imports is insult to this beautiful machine. In terms of the looks of this system, MRAP tend to share much in sense of their form, after all, form follows function in engineering. For example, the French BMX-01:

190699766f0df32297b72d31c5b8645c.jpg

My friend, comparing Iranian systems to other nations' systems that are mostly based on imports is insult to this beautiful machine. In terms of the looks of this system, MRAP tend to share much in sense of their form, after all, form follows function in engineering. For example, the French BMX-01:

190699766f0df32297b72d31c5b8645c.jpg
I understand. You should know i never insult Iran(at least not intentionally). I asked because i heard this might be an unlicensed copy of an MRAP from streit international group? its a great MRAP regardless. hopefully Iranian border guards can get some.

I understand. You should know i never insult Iran(at least not intentionally). I asked because i heard this might be an unlicensed copy of an MRAP from streit international group? its a great MRAP regardless. hopefully Iranian border guards can get some.

Don't worry my friend, I know you are a very objective person when it comes to Iran and we all respect you here. You are an honorary Iranian as far we are concerned. As for the MRAP that is an unlicensed copy of the Streit Group's MRAP, they are referring to the Iranian "Toufan" MRAP. Having said that, there are still differences between the Iranian one and the Streit Group's one. Here is the Iranian "Toufan::

iranian-mrap-display-c-2018-e1543014812337.jpg

The Ra'ad MRAP is an Iranian designed one and in a different size class (it is a 6x6), it is designed by our friends in the IRGC.

Back
Top Bottom