What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Do not forget this one which very well. Forget the delusions of Thelmmortal :mod: View attachment 639287

This is called the "Rouintan". Another beauty. Whats with all this beastly looking machines coming out of Iran?

61451998.jpg

Defense Ministry to Boost Iranian Police Capabilities

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Under a cooperation agreement signed on Monday, Iran’s Defense Ministry will improve the operational capabilities of the Police forces.

Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami and Police Commander Brigadier General Hossein Ashtari signed the cooperation agreement to extend the capabilities of the law enforcement forces in carrying out various operations.

Hailing the Police for ensuring security and order in the country, General Hatami said his ministry will spare no effort to support the Police by employing all industrial, scientific and technological capacities.

Iran owes its current exemplary security to the sincere efforts made by the Police personnel, the defense minister added.

For his part, General Ashtari thanked the Defense Ministry for its backing for the Police, saying the top priority at present is to promote advanced technologies for smart Police operations and enhance the capabilities in the fight against drug trafficking and smuggling of commodities and currency.

In October 2019, Brigadier General Hatami had expressed the Defense Ministry’s readiness to supply the Police forces with advanced defense products.

“The Defense Ministry, as the organization that supports our country’s Armed Forces, will spare no effort to support the dignified Police forces in carrying out critical national missions,” he said at the time.

In 2016, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called on the Police to constantly boost capabilities and match them to rapid advances in science and technology.

The Leader also hailed Police forces as a pillar of security in the country, stressing that security is the origin of personal peace of mind as well as public and social calmness.

Iran’s Police Force is in charge of ensuring security in the cities, on the roads and along the borders.

It has a broad range of responsibilities and includes several divisions, including cyber police, border guard police, traffic police, criminal investigation department, and a bureau for compulsory military service affairs.

https://tn.ai/2281852

My friend, comparing Iranian systems to other nations' systems that are mostly based on imports is insult to this beautiful machine. In terms of the looks of this system, MRAP tend to share much in sense of their form, after all, form follows function in engineering. For example, the French BMX-01:

190699766f0df32297b72d31c5b8645c.jpg

Come again?

The Aras-2 truck is obviously based on the The Renault BMX-01. It makes sense since Renault was active in Iran just a few years ago. Anyways the Iranian made version has some slight variations.The Iranian made Toophan MRAP truck is based on the STREIT Typhoon 4x4 MRAP truck.

Streit Typhoon 4x4 MRAP

typhoon mrap 2.jpg
typhoon mrap.jpg

Iranian made version, Toophan 4x4 MRAP
toophan mrap.jpg

Iranian made Aras-2 6x6 Armored vehicle

Aras-2.jpg

Interesting Streit Typhoon 6x6 LOL

streit 6x6 typhoon.jpg

Come again?

The Aras-2 truck is obviously based on the The Renault BMX-01.

This is Aras-2:

3206237.jpg

And this is Renault BMX-01.

renault_bmx_01_l1.jpg

Out of your list, only the Typhoon is based on the Streit Groups machine. The Ra'ad has nothing to do with any of the systems you listed. The Ra'ad is designed by the IRGC.

Last edited:
This is Aras-2:

3206237.jpg

renault_bmx_01_l1.jpg

Out of your list, only the Typhoon is based on the Streit Groups machine. The Ra'ad has nothing to do with any of the systems you listed. The Ra'ad is designed by the IRGC.

The massive similarities point either to backdoor ToT/license deal or worse....espionage.

still, there is a small chance that Iran merely copied the appearance of MRAPs based on proven designs. But if the insides and performance is similar than one of the above is the likely reason.

The massive similarities point either to backdoor ToT/license deal or worse....espionage.

Iran probably managed to get the Streight Group's MRAP through some middles man of sorts.

still, there is a small chance that Iran merely copied the appearance of MRAPs based on proven designs. But if the insides and performance is similar than one of the above is the likely reason.

Minus the "Toufan" which is clearly based on the Canadian system, the other MRAP i.e the Ra'ad shares similarity to other MRAPs to the extend that one would expect. Ultimately, all these systems follow a certain design path due to their function, recall that "Form follows functions" in engineering.

Iran probably managed to get the Streight Group's MRAP through some middles man of sorts.

Minus the "Toufan" which is clearly based on the Canadian system, the other MRAP i.e the Ra'ad shares similarity to other MRAPs to the extend that one would expect. Ultimately, all these systems follow a certain design path due to their function, recall that "Form follows functions" in engineering.

Correct, but my point is if these copies have same performance (weight, speed, armour protection) then its likely iran reverse engineered a copy either through middleman or a backdoor deal.

The MRAPs are not against arms embargo sanctions as they are defensive armored vehicles used for protection.

Sorry I meant to say Raad rather than Aras-2.
However the Raad 6x6 APC is quite obviously based on the French BMX-01 6x6 APC.
There's no doubt about it. It's much too similar to deny and the fact that Iran had extensive links with Renault can't be a coincidence either.
My guess is that Iran got its hands on a blueprint and went to work. Either that or a third party buyer sold one to Iran. Technicians probably took it apart in the origin country and had it shipped to Iran where it was reverse engineered.
Next I want to see Iran replace its aging BTR-60/BTR-80 8x8s PACs with a modern variant. Something along the lines of the Patria or the Boxer 8x8. I'm pretty sure that the Americans gave the Iraqis a few to fight ISIS with. Who knows.

bmx01.jpg

raad 2 truck.jpg

This is Aras-2:

Last edited:
However the Raad 6x6 APC is quite obviously based on the French BMX-01 6x6 APC.

No, I am afraid you are passing this assertion based on very superficial reasonings. Although there are similarities between the two MARAPS, to use this to claim the RA'AD is based on the BMX-01 is baseless. You are not providing any solid reasoning. These two MRAPS are similar in the sense a Ferrari and Lamborghini are similar, nothing more.

No, I am afraid you are passing this assertion based on very superficial reasonings. Although there are similarities between the two MARAPS, to use this to claim the RA'AD is based on the BMX-01 is baseless. You are not providing any solid reasoning. These two MRAPS are similar in the sense a Ferrari and Lamborghini are similar, nothing more.

It's like saying the Karrar is not based on the T-90
It's pretty obvious just looking at the two trucks. Are you saying that it's also a coincidence that the BMX-01 is made by Renault ?

It's like saying the Karrar is not based on the T-90

Those two examples are not similar in any practical way. We know that Karrar follows a T-72 lineage because this so much as confirmed by Iran itself. Furthermore, Iran has been producing T-72s for a long time. This is simply not comparable to your claims regarding Ra'ad which are only based on your own (made up) assertions without any hard facts.

It's pretty obvious just looking at the two trucks.

The pictures of the two systems have already been posted here. Frankly, I think any sensible person will see that minus the fact these two are 6x6, they share little else minus superficial similarities which are expected to be found in such design families. Form follows function in engineering. Like I said, your logic is similar to comparing a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

Are you saying that it's also a coincidence that the BMX-01 is made by Renault ?

You are basically just scrapping for anything that can support your narrative here. Combine that with your overall non sequitur arguments, one has to wonder what your real motive is in trying to spread this disinformation. Now, do you have any real substance to back your assertions or should I just assume you're just reducing the quality of the section by these "reasoning" that are dipping into the satirical realm?

Well this wouldn't be the first time that Iran made its own version of a Renault product without giving Renault full credit. Look at the Yooz electric car, 2 seater. It's based on the Renault Twizy, however there are countless articles on Iranian news websites claiming that it was built and designed by Iranian experts. Same thing for the Kowsar / Saegheh jet. How many articles have blatantly claimed that the jet was completely designed and built by Iranian experts, when everyone knows that it's an unlicnsed F-5 knockoff. These sort of articles and claims are mostly for domestic consumption. Just like when Salami was promoting that dowsing rod of his recently.

yooz.jpg
twizy.jpg

I mean just looking at the Raad 6x6, the dimensions, the shape of the headlights even, it's just too obvious. Maybe if I have time later I'll create a bellingcat style frame by frame comparison

Those two examples are not similar in any practical way. We know that Karrar follows a T-72 lineage because this so much as confirmed by Iran itself. Furthermore, Iran has been producing T-72s for a long time. This is simply not comparable to your claims regarding Ra'ad which are only based on your own (made up) assertions without any hard facts.

The pictures of the two systems have already been posted here. Frankly, I think any sensible person will see that minus the fact these two are 6x6, they share little else minus superficial similarities which are expected to be found in such design families. Form follows function in engineering. Like I said, your logic is similar to comparing a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

You are basically just scrapping for anything that can support your narrative here. Combine that with your overall non sequitur arguments, one has to wonder what your real motive is in trying to spread this disinformation. Now, do you have any real substance to back your assertions or should I just assume you're just reducing the quality of the section by these "reasoning" that are dipping into the satirical realm?

Well this wouldn't be the first time that Iran made its own version of a Renault product without giving Renault full credit. Look at the Yooz electric car, 2 seater. It's based on the Renault Twizy, however there are countless articles on Iranian news websites claiming that it was built and designed by Iranian experts.

Iran has made products from many nations. To use that as proof that this Ra'ad is based on the BMX is a non starter.

Same thing for the Kowsar / Saegheh jet. How many articles have blatantly claimed that the jet was completely designed and built by Iranian experts, when everyone knows that it's an unlicnsed F-5 knockoff. These sort of articles and claims are mostly for domestic consumption. Just like when Salami was promoting that dowsing rod of his recently.

You are resorting to what is known as "Gish Gallop" fallacy. Which means instead of having few strong arguments, you are posting a multitude of weak arguments that are not backing your claims.

I mean just looking at the Raad 6x6, the dimensions, the shape of the headlights even,

The truth is that you are choosing to focus on the little similarities rather than the much more obvious differences, this tells me you are basically finding anything to pass your own narrative.

As for the "shape of the headlights".

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 15.29.15.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 15.29.22.png

If you truly cannot see the obvious differences, then either you are deliberately spreading disinformation, or it is an issue of lack of analytical capabilities.

Here look, the Lamborghini and Ferrari are of similar dimensions and have very superficially similar headlights, thus one must be based on the other according to your "logic" :

ferrari-488-gtb-vs-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-drag-race-has-surprising-outcome-124669-7.jpg

it's just too obvious. Maybe if I have time later I'll create a bellingcat style frame by frame comparison

Like I said in my previous post, you are basically scrapping for anything that can support your argument. The only problem is, minus the fact these are both 6x6, you have nothing else going for your claim.

I will therefore ask you again, do you have any hard facts to back your assertions or will you continue to post a mishmash of irrelevant examples and flawed analysis?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom