What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Iran to buy T-90 Tanks from Russia

Brigadier General "Ahmadreza Pourdastan", commander of Iranian army ground forces, announced Iran's interest to acquire Russian made T-90 main battle tanks. He also added that Russians have announced that they are ready to provide Iran's needs in all defensive fields.

1352831_483.jpg

A Russian T-90MS tank

فرمانده نیروی زمینی ارتش با بیان اینکه نیروهای مسلح ایران از ظرفیت‌هایی برخوردارند که کشور روسیه به آن نیاز دارد، از اعلام آمادگی روسیه جهت پشتیبانی تجهیزاتی به نیروهای مسلح کشور در تمامی ابعاد دفاعی خبر داد.
به گزارش مشرق، امیر «احمدرضا پوردستان» فرمانده نیروی زمینی ارتش در پاسخ به فضای مثبت ایجاد شده و امکان گسترش روابط نظامی با کشور روسیه اظهار داشت: بحمدالله کشور روسیه اعلام آمادگی کرده تا در تمامی حوزه‌های تجهیزاتی و دفاعی که مورد نیاز جمهوری اسلامی است کمک و پشتیبانی لازم را داشته باشد.
وی با بیان اینکه ظرفیت‌های بسیار خوبی در سطح نیروهای مسلح جمهوری اسلامی ایران وجود دارد که ارتش روسیه به آن نیاز دارد، بر تعامل دفاعی و نظامی دو کشور تاکید کرد و افزود: قطعا یکی از مواردی که در دستور کارنیرو زمینی قرار دارد خرید تانک پیشرفته تی 90 و همچنین سلاح‌ها و تجهیزات سبکی است که در عرصه فضای جنگ‌های نیابتی مورد نیاز ما است.

فرمانده نیروی زمینی ارتش با ابراز خرسندی از روند اجرایی شدن قرارداد اس 300 گفت: برای خرید دیگر سامانه‌های دفاعی از کشور روسیه نیز کارهای لازم صورت می‌گیرد.

خرید تانک T-90 در دستور کار نزاجا+عکس - مشرق نیوز | آخرین اخبار ایران و جهان | mashreghnews.ir

Brigadier General "Ahmadreza Pourdastan", commander of Iranian army ground forces, announced Iran's interest to acquire Russian made T-90 main battle tanks. He also added that Russians have announced that they are ready to provide Iran's needs in all defensive fields.

1352831_483.jpg

A Russian T-90MS tank
We are badly in need of tanks.

1352831_483.jpg

A Russian T-90MS tank
Shoot, what happened to Zulfiqar?.

We are badly in need of tanks.
So what happened to all the hart-o poort? We've been building Zolfaghar for how many decades now? What generation has it reached already? In the meantime we neither had the organizational capacity to design a decent tank nor the industrial wherewithal to produce it. It was bullcrap all along...

And now we're contemplating a 25 year old Russian design...

This is what happens when you mix religion and government... you end up with incompetence, opacity, and a lack of oversight and accountability.... leading to a chaotic environment ripe for mismanagement, abuse of power and downright corruption. And of course to cover that up you need an overdose of lies, deceit and propaganda.... supplemented with the threat of pain, violence, imprisonment and death...

I hope one day the sons and daughters of Iran will wake up from their hallucinations, have a look around them and find the courage to call a spade a spade... But I hope it won't be too late by then...

Shoot, what happened to Zulfiqar?.
Zolfaghar 1 produced in numbers (100 tanks ) and stopped .. Then it continues up to Zolfaghar 3 which was much better but only produced in limited numbers...

but:

Many of Iranian projects are just experimental in order to gain expertise to build a competitive one... IRan has no or limited access to modern techs being developed by other advanced nations... Building 12 Fighter jets (Saeghe and Saeghe-2) was to gain expertise... Building Jamaran Frigate was to gain expertise to build Damavand frigate and then to build Sahand current frigate which is an stealth frigate... Building Ghadir Midget submarines was the first step to gain expertise..then they build a bigger Nahang class submarine and then a Fateh heavy submarine... all these submarines were stages before gaining necessary know how to build open water Besat-class with the capability to fire missiles...

So I think in terms of Iranian MBT projects, the Iranian commanders are not yet satisfied with the capabilities of Zolfaghar-3 ... As soon as Iranian scientists and engineers came to the point to design and improve some lethal MBT, have no doubt that all the budget will be poured into it to produce it in thousands...

Military minds in Iran due to so much limitation on both budget and time need to prioritize budget into more needed projects... Iranian armed forces have to secure Current Iran from any invasions and this is why Iran can not wait another 10 years to build enough numbers of a sophisticated fighter jet so they focus budget and engineering power on UAVs and UCAVs, Missiles (all types), radars, and Navy... The good thing is that meanwhile Iran is working on long-termly needed weapons... Iran is working on many sophisticated weaponry and systems and now that the Current Iran is secured they have more time and budget to focus on other weapons...

So what happened to all the hart-o poort? We've been building Zolfaghar for how many decades now? What generation has it reached already? In the meantime we neither had the organizational capacity to design a decent tank nor the industrial wherewithal to produce it. It was bullcrap all along...

And now we're contemplating a 25 year old Russian design...

This is what happens when you mix religion and government... you end up with incompetence, opacity, and a lack of oversight and accountability.... leading to a chaotic environment ripe for mismanagement, abuse of power and downright corruption. And of course to cover that up you need an overdose of lies, deceit and propaganda.... supplemented with the threat of pain, violence, imprisonment and death...

I hope one day the sons and daughters of Iran will wake up from their hallucinations, have a look around them and find the courage to call a spade a spade... But I hope it won't be too late by then...
absolute kooche bazari crap bro.. it has nothing to do with whatever u said... it is a matter of budget and time... We Iranians are so much por tacagho va ghor ghoroo... mikhaym too hame chi bartar bashim vali hich kas be nobeye khodesh nemikhad kari bokone..vaghti ham digaran daran ba hameye mahdoodyat ha ye karayee mikonan faghat ghor mizanan...breid motale'e konid Alman Japan ya hatta hamin hindustan chetor be inja residan...

absolute kooche bazari crap bro.. it has nothing to do with whatever u said... it is a matter of budget and time... We Iranians are so much por tacagho va ghor ghoroo... mikhaym too hame chi bartar bashim vali hich kas be nobeye khodesh nemikhad kari bokone..vaghti ham digaran daran ba hameye mahdoodyat ha ye karayee mikonan faghat ghor mizanan...breid motale'e konid Alman Japan ya hatta hamin hindustan chetor be inja residan...

Scythian jan, I hope things were as you said.... It would definitely put my mind at ease and make me happier... But they're not.

True, everything is a function of time and money.... so based on that premise, a few generations of monkeys banging on a type writer could potentially compose Tolstoy's War and Peace.... The problem is that we have to compete against others... And we're just incapable of that

And this not just about our military industrial complex.... There's a proportionally inverse relationship between the things the Islamic government gets involved with and success...

You don't have to go far... start with our auto industry.... We just went through a pitiful capitulation to the second rate snooty French after what they put us through, and despite a captive internal market.... And I don't even want to mention the sorry state of our professional Football, because that just breaks my heart.....

So yeah, there's something more endemic and systemic to the problem. I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure out a system based on the absolute rule of a dictator for life will have issues of nepotism, confilcts of interest, weak rule of law and consequently economic mismanagement, lack of competitiveness, economic stagnation and everything that flows from that... I think there are enough examples of that in contemporary history, for the concept to be self-explanatory. But if you think this warrants a debate, we can talk about it...

Scythian jan, I hope things were as you said.... It would definitely put my mind at ease and make me happier... But they're not.

True, everything is a function of time and money.... so based on that premise, a few generations of monkeys banging on a type writer could potentially compose Tolstoy's War and Peace.... The problem is that we have to compete against others... And we're just incapable of that

And this not just about our military industrial complex.... There's a proportionally inverse relationship between the things the Islamic government gets involved with and success...

You don't have to go far... start with our auto industry.... We just went through a pitiful capitulation to the second rate snooty French after what they put us through, and despite a captive internal market.... And I don't even want to mention the sorry state of our professional Football, because that just breaks my heart.....

So yeah, there's something more endemic and systemic to the problem. I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure out a system based on the absolute rule of a dictator for life will have issues of nepotism, confilcts of interest, weak rule of law and consequently economic mismanagement, lack of competitiveness, economic stagnation and everything that flows from that... I think there are enough examples of that in contemporary history, for the concept to be self-explanatory. But if you think this warrants a debate, we can talk about it...
I understand your concerns but belive me no other advanced nation was faultless as you think... every nation has advantages and shortcomings... Those who advanced and are pioneers are those who learned from their mistakes... Do you really think Japan of today became Japan in 30 or 50 years? It took them 2 centuries to first acknoledge their weaknesses and then work on fixing them... If you read contemporary history of advanced nations they all had a range of seemingly unfixable problems in their society, people, structure or even culture that needed to overcome in order to progress... Iran before 70s is just another new born consumer nation... it is now some 40 to 45 years that Iran is doing something... Iran is learning from her own mistakes... some mistakes need time to be realized and then fixed...

I bring you two examples... Iran 30 years ago... involved in a devastating war... The world does n't like Iranian Shias who has their own government and system... Iranian hands are so short... Suddenly the necessity lightens ideas and hard work among some pioneers... Tehrani Moghadam is one of them... They don't believe in their low position..they want to become a pioneer again... Now, in less than 2 and half decades of Iran, starting to stand on her feet, there are countless of fields in both military and civilian that Iran is a pioneer or near to become pioneer... few nations could become so sophisticated in such a little time... It is true that Iran is heading forward fast in critical aspects of being an advanced nation, but it is still soon to expect her to become First in the most advanced fields of science and tech... Iran has already mastered most non-high tech and many high tech fields of knowledge and engineering... Iran is very close to maturity... It only needs more time... 20 years ago Khameni came asking Navy to build their own advanced ships and submarines and radars... by that time, the commanders went assessing Iranian infrastructure for doing it... they got so disappointed... then they started to create infra needed to build such weapons... Today in only 2 decades a nation that had and has no access to foreign help from neither west nor west, announces, they have the most advanced projects in this field under development...

Auto industry... There were incompetent managers all over the industry... then it needed nearly 15 years of objection and protests by the consumers for managers to be replaced with more competent ones... Today, to the eyes of Iranian people, even a DENA is not a good car and must be changed with better ones... I can tell you that DENA with all its strength and beauty and features is a BENZ comparing to other cars being produced until just recently... This is the mature awareness needed time to be matured... Now, IKCO managers do what they must have done two decades ago... they hired a selection of best Iranian and German top strategists and designers... IKCO is revolutionized... I have connections within the top IKCO leadership... I can promise one thing... IKCO will produce grade.1 , Europe exportable passenger cars in 2 years from now... They are reforming IKCO in way to become competitive...

I can promise you that in 3 to 5 years IKCO will produce cars that you will certainly prefer over Koreans if not French, British or even American ones...

I'm very optimistic about Iran in 2025 and even more optimistic about Iran of 2050... things are going in a right direction...

The only problem Iran has today and will be a threat tomorrow if not fixed is people's mentality regarding self-confidence, social adaptation, tolerance and unselfishness... Every Iranian no matter basiji or taghuti, needs to learn that instead of nagging they need to do their best individually first and cooperate with others second if he/she wants a glorious Iran soon... As far as people are selfish.. only care about themselves and their surroundings many current problems won't be fixed...

Being a pioneer nation.. being better than others needs better efforts...more hard work and more sacrifice... It is not going to happen if we expect others to fix it for us...

Believe me my younger brother... I know things that If I share it here many will laugh at me..this is why I only giving you a glimpse... remember Iran 2025 and 2050... huge changed are done... huge projects are under development... huge pride is underway

Back
Top Bottom