What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I understand your concerns but belive me no other advanced nation was faultless as you think... every nation has advantages and shortcomings... Those who advanced and are pioneers are those who learned from their mistakes... Do you really think Japan of today became Japan in 30 or 50 years? It took them 2 centuries to first acknoledge their weaknesses and then work on fixing them... If you read contemporary history of advanced nations they all had a range of seemingly unfixable problems in their society, people, structure or even culture that needed to overcome in order to progress... Iran before 70s is just another new born consumer nation... it is now some 40 to 45 years that Iran is doing something... Iran is learning from her own mistakes... some mistakes need time to be realized and then fixed...

I bring you two examples... Iran 30 years ago... involved in a devastating war... The world does n't like Iranian Shias who has their own government and system... Iranian hands are so short... Suddenly the necessity lightens ideas and hard work among some pioneers... Tehrani Moghadam is one of them... They don't believe in their low position..they want to become a pioneer again... Now, in less than 2 and half decades of Iran, starting to stand on her feet, there are countless of fields in both military and civilian that Iran is a pioneer or near to become pioneer... few nations could become so sophisticated in such a little time... It is true that Iran is heading forward fast in critical aspects of being an advanced nation, but it is still soon to expect her to become First in the most advanced fields of science and tech... Iran has already mastered most non-high tech and many high tech fields of knowledge and engineering... Iran is very close to maturity... It only needs more time... 20 years ago Khameni came asking Navy to build their own advanced ships and submarines and radars... by that time, the commanders went assessing Iranian infrastructure for doing it... they got so disappointed... then they started to create infra needed to build such weapons... Today in only 2 decades a nation that had and has no access to foreign help from neither west nor west, announces, they have the most advanced projects in this field under development...

Auto industry... There were incompetent managers all over the industry... then it needed nearly 15 years of objection and protests by the consumers for managers to be replaced with more competent ones... Today, to the eyes of Iranian people, even a DENA is not a good car and must be changed with better ones... I can tell you that DENA with all its strength and beauty and features is a BENZ comparing to other cars being produced until just recently... This is the mature awareness needed time to be matured... Now, IKCO managers do what they must have done two decades ago... they hired a selection of best Iranian and German top strategists and designers... IKCO is revolutionized... I have connections within the top IKCO leadership... I can promise one thing... IKCO will produce grade.1 , Europe exportable passenger cars in 2 years from now... They are reforming IKCO in way to become competitive...

I can promise you that in 3 to 5 years IKCO will produce cars that you will certainly prefer over Koreans if not French, British or even American ones...

I'm very optimistic about Iran in 2025 and even more optimistic about Iran of 2050... things are going in a right direction...

The only problem Iran has today and will be a threat tomorrow if not fixed is people's mentality regarding self-confidence, social adaptation, tolerance and unselfishness... Every Iranian no matter basiji or taghuti, needs to learn that instead of nagging they need to do their best individually first and cooperate with others second if he/she wants a glorious Iran soon... As far as people are selfish.. only care about themselves and their surroundings many current problems won't be fixed...

Being a pioneer nation.. being better than others needs better efforts...more hard work and more sacrifice... It is not going to happen if we expect others to fix it for us...

Believe me my younger brother... I know things that If I share it here many will laugh at me..this is why I only giving you a glimpse... remember Iran 2025 and 2050... huge changed are done... huge projects are under development... huge pride is underway

Scythian jan, I've been hearing the same things for 36 years now... How long will we blame our problems on a war that started 34 years ago and ended more than a quarter century ago? How long will we need before this beautiful system begins to flourish? What extraordinary conditions have to be met before it starts producing satisfactory results? There comes a time when we have to sit down, turn down the slogans and take stock..

Others have come from far behind and passed us by while we're twiddling our thumbs, and people with connections do as they wish and anybody who objects gets imprisoned or knocked off. Where was Korea 36 years ago? Where was Turkey? What about the small island of Taiwan? These are all excuses.... Japan went from a backward agrarian society, composed of warring statelets, to an industrial powerhouse under the Meiji government that sunk the Russian navy in less than 38 years.... So let's not even go there.

To say that there are no perfect countries is a strawman argument. It's got nothing to do with what we're talking about here. But thanks for acknowledging that we have incompetent managers. The question is why? Through what mechanism have these incompetent managers been put in charge? What is the system that promotes this incompetence? What excuses can you bring for a system in which the oldest and by far the most popular football teams in the country are fiscally bankrupt, do not own a venue of their own, and cannot even pay their players? Does that also require a fusion of external high tech? Can that also be blamed on others? When will we stop making excuses?

No my friend, our problem is not a technological one. it's a cultural one. It's a mental one. New technology is nothing but the result of a way of thinking. A system that allows for innovation and new ideas. A system that allows for freedom. As long as we don't have that, we will always be 2 or 3 steps behind even small countries that do. Which is where we've been for a long time.

So we might take the long way and go layer by layer and go through a long process of trial and error until we strike upon the solution by accident. Or we can use our heads and think about this in a critical and dispassionate manner and do the right thing as soon as possible.

Iranian Marines conducting coastal offense exercise

n2798964-4142586.jpg

n2798964-4142734.jpg

n2798964-4142728.jpg

n2798964-4142727.jpg

n2798964-4142733.jpg

Are these dedicated marine corps members or Iranian naval special force soldiers?

Iranian defense minister gave the news of producing a new tank named "Karrar" and said if this new tank's specifications isn't better than the Russian T90, it's not inferior too.
-----
a country with two main battle tanks, interesting.

Iranian defense minister gave the news of producing a new tank named "Karrar" and said if this new tank's specifications isn't better than the Russian T90, it's not inferior too.
-----
a country with two main battle tanks, interesting.
my guess is that this have something to do with zolfaqar ,otherwise it make no sense developing another tank wile still working on another one .

my guess is that this have something to do with zolfaqar ,otherwise it make no sense developing another tank wile still working on another one .
well, we have seen real projects in defense ministry which didn't rach anywhere, so let's not waste our time on a "name".

Ground forces only not the whole army.

Major General Hassan Firouzabadi is the Chief of staff.

It still seems like the ranks are too low. The army alone has, what, five or six divisions? Each division should be commanded by at least a Brigadier Gen. I'm just curious as to why they are lower in the Iranian Armed Forces.

It still seems like the ranks are too low. The army alone has, what, five or six divisions? Each division should be commanded by at least a Brigadier Gen. I'm just curious as to why they are lower in the Iranian Armed Forces.
There was a big shake up in the armed forces after the revolution. Many of the high ranking officers quit and left the country, some of them were jailed or even executed due to what was believed back then to be treason. And many of them were laid off. As a result, when Iraq invaded Iran, not many high ranking officers were left. I know for a fact that back then Colonels were the highest ranking officers in most of the divisions.

So Iran's army ranks were almost reset after the revolution and IRGC is only as old as the revolution.

Wasnt Iran developed a new Tank with technology from the Russian T-90? Which probably indicates that the Zulfiqar is cancelled.
IRGC and Iran Army have different arsenal and developments. Zulfaqar project was a project for Iran's army ground forces. The other tank, Karrar, as I have heard is a project that IRGC is sponsoring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom