What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I only predict the press will describe it as such

And the problem is not comparing but titling them as "As capable as S-300" "S-300 alternative" "Iranian S-300"

Because they did the same with Bavar and the S-300 and now S-400 with Sayyad 4b

It removes a big part of the originality and uniqueness by doing this, like Iran is basing every project out of Russian already existing systems that have nothing in common

And Western medias for Bavar relayed what the Iranian press wrote with addition of propaganda

I am waiting for unveiling, i have no doubt PressTV or Mehr are going to make the same mistake and claiming it as something like "Iranian Javelin" even it is not at all based on Javelin

And for Bavar, we see only comparisons with S-300/400, never comparisons with western systems that are way more similar with Bavar than S-400

"More performant than S-300"

"Also known as Iranian S-300"

"Competitor with S-300"

There literally naming Bavar "Iranian made S-300"

Well seeing as your only source for your prediction is the Bavar out of the entire arsenal of indegenous military industry, let's go through each of these articles to see if what they say is correct or reasonable.

The first article claims that it is better performing than the s300, it doesn't say it IS an Iranian S300, it's just comparing the two systems and claiming Bavar is better. What's wrong with that?

Second article, it is factually true that the bavar in western media and military enthusiasts forum posts regularly liken it, rightly or wrongly, with the s300. It's just reporting what people say. Nothing wrong there either.

Third article, the bavar is a competitor to the s300 as they are both modern SAMS. So nothing wrong there.

The last article, while the headline does say that it is an Iranian s300 which technically isn't true because of minor differences, the article mentions how it is a better system than the s300 which affirms the differences. So we can say there is a bit of a contradiction in that last article. Maybe the author meant "Iran's answer to the S300" which would be accurate.

All in all, there is nothing wrong with comparing one system with another and, to be honest, only one instance of Iran comparing a system with a foreign counterpart doesnt show enough evidence of anything systematic.

Besides, it is no secret Iran reverse engineers whatever it can get its hands on, and add its own technology, so why should Iran worry what the west says this time round? I think Iran should carry on with what it's doing instead of pretending it's not doing something which it is so blatantly and beautifully doing i.e. superficially copying a javelin with an Iranian twist.

Just an addition, you're not taking into account the propaganda aspect of this. None of the official military spokesman of Iran ever called bavar the s300, this all came from Iranian media! Calling bavar s300 was the way Iranian media tried to sleight the Russians to say we have a better system than you do and we dont need your technology. By calling this a Javelin, Iranian media is showing to the west that Iran can get its hand on western tech via Russia in Ukraine, reverse engineer it, and do what it likes with it and there is nothing you (The West) can do about it. To hell with originality and uniqueness, this is a propaganda war being faught by Iranian media.

Last edited:
This was the iriafs akhgar mini cruise missile,probably about the only really decent thing that came out of its attempt at a drone program.
Sadly tho` since then we`ve seen no more of it apart from this single mock-up
Akhgar-missile-%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B4%DA%A9-%D8%A7%D8%AE%DA%AF%D8%B1-1.jpg

Part of the problem was that the iriaf didnt,and likely still doesnt,have any drones that are really capable of using it.

Pick a name! 😁

3857675.jpg
is there a necessity to call it a new name or also copy javelin and divide the resource we have Almas, just remove that damn tripod and you have a Javelin like missile and save 3kg of weight
interestingly Almas while 10cm longer than javelin is actually lighter and more importantly is a more versatile platform and also Spike is cheaper than Javelin

Well seeing as your only source for your prediction is the Bavar out of the entire arsenal of indegenous military industry, let's go through each of these articles to see if what they say is correct or reasonable.
didn't they compare 3rd of khordad with significantly inferior buk system?
or kowsar with f-5

Third article, the bavar is a competitor to the s300 as they are both modern SAMS. So nothing wrong there.
bavar is AESA , S-300 even S-400 are PESA , and bavar is a lot more modern than s-300 when it come to resilience against enemy electronic warfare than s-300 and s-400

Last edited:
isn't true because of minor differences
that minor differences are actually a lot more than minor ,they are the basic of system .its like calling the different between AIM-7 and AIM-9 minor
Part of the problem was that the iriaf didnt,and likely still doesnt,have any drones that are really capable of using it.
wonder on that as it can be launched from kaman-12, and i see no reason why ababil-5 or Karrar can't carry it

is there a necessity to call it a new name or also copy javelin and divide the resource we have Almas, just remove that damn tripod and you have a Javelin like missile and save 3kg of weight
interestingly Almas while 10cm longer than javelin is actually lighter and more importantly is a more versatile platform and also Spike is cheaper than Javelin
The main resource is the brains in different divisions, keeping them active plus a little competition is an ideal environment for a dynamic arms industry.

Imagine our car industry had the same dynamics!

Other benefits includes:
Passive defense, multiple R&D and production lines are much harder to suppress
It confuses the enemy in battlefield.
There will be a wide range of choices for export market and proxies .

that minor differences are actually a lot more than minor ,they are the basic of system .its like calling the different between AIM-7 and AIM-9 minor

wonder on that as it can be launched from kaman-12, and i see no reason why ababil-5 or Karrar can't carry it

Theyre minor to me, and that's all that matters. Yallah!

Last edited:
The main resource is the brains in different divisions, keeping them active plus a little competition is an ideal environment for a dynamic arms industry.
agree but my solution would be make them improve the Almas , increase its range , increrase its penetration , make it lighter . made better sensor for it and so .. by doing that those brains are keep working and won't remain idle
Imagine our car industry had the same dynamics!
we copy or assemble a lot foreign cars , sadly some managers in that industry don't understand we also need to make improvement and make those design better our more suitable for our country environment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom