What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but cruise missile launched from the air must have much longer range because of high altitude and acceleration provided by an aircraft, compared to the same cruise missile being adapted for launch from land platforms.

Does it mean that land-launched Paveh cruise missile with the range of 1650kms will have a range of 3000kms if adapted for launch from air platform like Tu-160 Blackjack? Or does Ya Ali cruise missile has a longer range if launched from the air?

For example AIM-120 AMRAAM has a range of 75km when used as an air-to-air missile launched from high altitude with acceleration, but Surface Launched AMRAAM air defense system had a range of only 25km when the same missile was launched from land platform
pu_slamraam.jpg

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but cruise missile launched from the air must have much longer range because of the high altitude and acceleration provided by an aircraft, compared to the same cruise missile being adapted for launch from land platforms, .

Me think CM started from a airplane do not have the booster part. So they start direktly in endspeed. The T4-engine has it limits.

Me think CM started from a airplane do not have the booster part. So they start direktly in endspeed. The T4-engine has it limits.
I don't know, but probably small booster does not provide the same acceleration to the missile as an aircraft that launches the missile at high altitude where air is thin and with high initial velocity. Also engine of the air-launched cruise missile works in a different mode compared to engines of land based cruise missiles.

I don't know, but probably small booster does not provide the same acceleration to the missile as an aircraft that launches the missile at high altitude where air is thin and with high initial velocity. Also engine of the air-launched cruise missile works in a different mode compared to engines of land based cruise missiles.

Yes, but the acceleration of the air launched has no booster and an maximum and goes back quickly after launch. So i asume the "more range" what the CM gets from the short time of overspeed if air launched (boosterless) is the same as it gets from the booster needed for ground launch.

with the exception of Gen Bagherei ..they are all out of shape ..too much "Chelo kebab" . Many of them should go to retirement and allow the young to be promoted..They are Veterans of "trench" warfare not the 21 century wars ..
Hey, these people fought to save Iran against Iraqi aggression while you were a sperm. Put some respect on these guys name, tapaleh. As much as you like to eat from western ***, you don't see westerners talking shit about their war heroes and armed forces like this, regardless of what they think about their government.

Hey, these people fought to save Iran against Iraqi aggression while you were a sperm. Put some respect on these guys name, tapaleh. As much as you like to eat from western ***, you don't see westerners talking shit about their war heroes and armed forces like this, regardless of what they think about their government.
First of all for you british resident mullah...I was engineer in Iran's defence ministry when the Iranian revolution happened so I was not a sperm at that time but you were a sperm kiddo.

Second: just because these old officers were heros (and I do not have issue with that) does not mean They should be active duty untill they are 80 years old..it does not help the armed forces to have out of shape dinasors as commanders .

Third..it appears being in a western country has not tought you to think free and respect other opinions. You are a mullah in your thoughts no matter where you live and sorry I can ot help you with that..."bacheh mullah".

I bet my hand that when they will unveil the non-tripod 1 man portable Almas, Iranian press is going to compare it with Javelin and name it something like "Iranian Javelin" "Javelin but better made in Iran" instead of simply stopping comparing Iran military with every other systems of the world like they did with S-400 better Bavar and better S-300 3 Khordad

Iran is shooting at its own feet by doing this, gives open door for foreign PR to label everything as copy and loses credibility on the export market
It's copy of Israeli Spike, so much better than Javelin

Top missile is Almas-2 (based on Israeli Spike)

Bottom missile is Akhgar, NLOS AGM

This was the iriafs akhgar mini cruise missile,probably about the only really decent thing that came out of its attempt at a drone program.
Sadly tho` since then we`ve seen no more of it apart from this single mock-up
Akhgar-missile-%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B4%DA%A9-%D8%A7%D8%AE%DA%AF%D8%B1-1.jpg

Part of the problem was that the iriaf didnt,and likely still doesnt,have any drones that are really capable of using it.
Literally any Iranian UCAV is likely capable is using it, but Shafaq was preferred. IRIAF has plenty of drones, & I don't think you fully understand how Iran's drone programs work. They're all developed by IAIO, both IRGC & IRIAF drones

Here's Akhgar NLOS with Kaman-12 & possibly on Karrar too

Attachments

• 2587760_1000 (1).jpg
    2587760_1000 (1).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230725_141014_215.jpg
    IMG_20230725_141014_215.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230725_140922_859.jpg
    IMG_20230725_140922_859.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 67
Siavash is still being looked at. So far not deployed. The sniper rifle however was rejected in favor of Ashtar (pictured below)

I'd rather have them start with standardization of protection first...

Lord he's so annoying. He does realize different branches have their own uniforms? All he does is whine

IRGC & FARAJA have also already standardized protection

Attachments

• 20230725_142300.jpg
    20230725_142300.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230725_142311.jpg
    20230725_142311.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230725_142417_482.jpg
    IMG_20230725_142417_482.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230725_142446_645.jpg
    IMG_20230725_142446_645.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20230725_142506_095.jpg
    IMG_20230725_142506_095.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 64
Literally any Iranian UCAV is likely capable is using it, but Shafaq was preferred. IRIAF has plenty of drones, & I don't think you fully understand how Iran's drone programs work. They're all developed by IAIO, both IRGC & IRIAF drones

Here's Akhgar NLOS with Kaman-12 & possibly on Karrar too
Yes,I`ve seen the pics of the akhgar next to the 2 kaman 12 prototypes,tho strangely you never see it even statically mounted to,never mind carried in flight by these prototypes,let alone the rotax powered versions that did actually have the power to carry it,just as you never saw the mini sdb mounted or carried.The reason being that these first 2 prototypes were hopelessly under powered with the mado 4 cylinder and the serat 02 twin rotor rotary engine and ultimately had to be completely reworked to be viable ucavs.
This is kind of bizarre as one would`ve assumed that hesa would`ve known what they were doing from the get go,and that engines of that low of a power rating would never have been able to power a fully equipped ucav of that size.But thats probably because the first 2 examples were the product of the self-sufficiency jihad of the Air Force.
Ultimately these ended up being completely redesigned to use off the shelf components from the mohajer 6 and the ababil 3,this included the mohajers rotax engine and 3 bladed prop,the ababil 3s optronic turret, and their weapons,the qiam glide bombs and the almas missile.The akhgar sadly was never heard from again,tho the mini sbd did pop up on a couple of occasions being carried by the karrar and once under the wing of an f5,tho I`ve never seen any evidence that it was anything more than a mock up.
The kaman 12 was the ultimate evolution of a series of drones,at least 6 or more separate designs,produced by the self-sufficiency jihad of the Air Force dating back to at least the early 2000s,possibly even earlier.
k-12 evolution.jpg

The prototype kaman 12 in the above pic is powered by the serat 02 twin rotor rotary engine.
7700.png

prototype mini sdb type glide bombs

Siavash is still being looked at. So far not deployed. The sniper rifle however was rejected in favor of Ashtar (pictured below)

Lord he's so annoying. He does realize different branches have their own uniforms? All he does is whine

IRGC & FARAJA have also already standardized protection
what is the use of cameo ? to differentiate the branches or help passively protect soldiers according to the terrain they are in.
is our air-force supposed to operate in south pole or ever ice covered terrain of Siberia Scandinavia or Canada that they use such color.
which one of those colors actually do their job in our country, let just look at the ground they are standing on which of them are actually helping camouflage in that area

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom