What's new

Iranian fleet hunts australian recognition (sonar) devices

No i didn't. I never once mentioned Islam nor does Islam have anything to do with my simple request of another source for this story that is in English and Isn't Iranian.

Obviously you love twist words around. The sentence itself doesn't bring Islam in the sport light although mentioned

Because it often reports completely fake news stories......

Like I said all Newsagent do it Stop avoiding the issue

It's illegal to completely invent news stories that didn't happen and no such thing happens in my country. We aren't talking about just a few details that may be wrong.

Thats why we went into Iraq with false pretencions that it had WMD, NKorea started up with wars when its the US that is provoking them and so on.

Anyway lets not go off topic. Why can't someone simply link to a non-Iranian, English source for this story? It's so simple.

But you are going off topic - that post in itself was nothing but slagging match and trolling. But like a troll probably come back and reply and keep the stupid points that has no meaning and are baseless in every form.

If you wanted to get an English source googles your friend, get it or is trolling your forte ? ;)

Aussies still flying PC3's ?

Specifications (P-3C Orion)
P-3 aircraft of the Royal New Zealand Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, and the United States NavyGeneral characteristics

Crew: 11[1]
Length: 116 ft 10 in (35.6 m[66])
Wingspan: 99 ft 8 in[66] (30.4 m)
Height: 38 ft 8 in[66] (11.8 m)
Wing area: 1300 ft² (120.8 m²)
Airfoil: NACA 0014-1.10 (Root) – NACA 0012-1.10 (Tip)
Empty weight: 77,200 lb (35,000 kg[66])
Loaded weight: 135,000 lb (61,400 kg)
Useful load: 57,800 lb (26,400 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 142,000 lb (64,400 kg[66])
Powerplant: 4[1] × Allison T56-A-14[1] turboprop[1], 4,600 shp[1] (3,700 kW) each
Propellers: Four-bladed Hamilton Standard propeller[1], 1 per engine
Propeller diameter: 13 ft 6 in (4.11 m)
Performance

Maximum speed: 411 kn[1] (750 km/h)
Cruise speed: 328 kn[1] (610 km/h)
Range: 2,380 nmi radius[1] (4,400 km)
Combat radius: 1,346 nmi[1] (2,490 km) three hours on-station at 1,500 feet
Ferry range: 4,830 nmi[66] (8,944 km)
Endurance: 16 hours[66]
Service ceiling: 34,000 ft[1] (10,400 m)
Rate of climb: 3,140 ft/min (16 m/s)
Wing loading: 107 lb/ft² (530 kg/m²)
Power/mass: 0.03 hp/lb (0.06 kW/kg)

3500 nm from Australia to Sri Lanka well done Australia intercepting ships 1000nm outside their maximun range.:cheers:

This is exactly why i want another non iranian source. Australia doesn't have aircraft carriers so aircraft would have to be launched from the mainland.

it's between Iran and Australia, what ? you are waiting for CNN confirmation?

Why are Iranians so obsessed with CNN and Fox News? You act as if they are the only 2 media organizations in the so called "West" They are 2 American media organizations out of about 100,000 media organizations world wide and aren't even shown in my country.

The incident isn't significant but surely there would be sources other than Iranian state media reporting it?

even if it was fake news, your media should have quoted it, and then your government would deny it.their silence is best proof for what has happened.
your government can't deny it cause then we would show those captured devices, thats why your trust worthy media prefer to remain silence too. good luck with them.

Why would my countries government deny it? It's insignificant and happens all the time.

The fact is that my countries airforce doesn't have any recon aircraft that can even reach where this incident apparently happened.

This is exactly why i want another non iranian source. Australia doesn't have aircraft carriers so aircraft would have to be launched from the mainland.

Why would my countries government deny it? It's insignificant and happens all the time.

The fact is that my countries airforce doesn't have any recon aircraft that can even reach where this incident apparently happened.
either you are suffering amnesia or you are not aware of your airbases outside your mainland.
Cocos (Keeling) Islands in Indian ocean and Butterworth Air Base in Malaysia are just two of them.
you are specially using AP-3C Orions from Butterworth Air Base.
for those who don't know AP-3C Orion is an Anti-Submarine Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft.

Aussies still flying PC3's ?

Specifications (P-3C Orion)
P-3 aircraft of the Royal New Zealand Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, and the United States NavyGeneral characteristics

Crew: 11[1]
Length: 116 ft 10 in (35.6 m[66])
Wingspan: 99 ft 8 in[66] (30.4 m)
Height: 38 ft 8 in[66] (11.8 m)
Airfoil: NACA 0014-1.10 (Root) – NACA 0012-1.10 (Tip)
Empty weight: 77,200 lb (35,000 kg[66])
Loaded weight: 135,000 lb (61,400 kg)
Useful load: 57,800 lb (26,400 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 142,000 lb (64,400 kg[66])
Powerplant: 4[1] × Allison T56-A-14[1] turboprop[1], 4,600 shp[1] (3,700 kW) each
Propellers: Four-bladed Hamilton Standard propeller[1], 1 per engine
Propeller diameter: 13 ft 6 in (4.11 m)
Performance

Maximum speed: 411 kn[1] (750 km/h)
Cruise speed: 328 kn[1] (610 km/h)
Range: 2,380 nmi radius[1] (4,400 km)
Combat radius: 1,346 nmi[1] (2,490 km) three hours on-station at 1,500 feet
Ferry range: 4,830 nmi[66] (8,944 km)
Endurance: 16 hours[66]
Service ceiling: 34,000 ft[1] (10,400 m)
Rate of climb: 3,140 ft/min (16 m/s)

3500 nm from Australia to Sri Lanka well done Australia intercepting ships 1000nm outside their maximun range.:cheers:
as I said, australia is using Butterworth airbase in malaysia which is pretty close to incident location.
but if you want to search you better search correctly, australia is using AP-3C which is an upgraded version of P-3 Orion with the range of 9000km.

Specifications (AP-3C Orion)

General characteristics

Crew: 13
Length: 116 ft 10 in (35.6 m)
Wingspan: 101 ft 6 in (30.8 m)
Height: 34 ft 3 in (10.44 m)
Empty weight: 27,900 kg ()
Loaded weight: lb (kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 61,200kg (63,400 kg)
Powerplant: 4 × Allison T56-A-14 turboprop, 4,600 shp (3,700 kW) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 750 km/h (405 knots)
Range: 5,600 miles ferry (9,000 km)
Service ceiling: 28,300 ft (8,600 m)
Rate of climb: 3,140 ft/min (957 m/min)

either you are suffering amnesia or you are not aware of your airbases outside your mainland.
Cocos (Keeling) Islands in Indian ocean and Butterworth Air Base in Malaysia are just two of them.
you are specially using AP-3C Orions from Butterworth Air Base.

Yes, congrats on your quick google search.

I guess that would be plausible. It would still be nice to see a non iranian source though.

It's illegal to completely invent news stories that didn't happen and no such thing happens in my country. We aren't talking about just a few details that may be wrong.

You comparison is invalid, I don't think if you should compare an insignificant country (no offence) such as Australia, with an independent and important country like Iran. What does your government has to hide that shouldn't be on the news? The next kangaroo invasion? The kangaroo sex scandal?

Your so-called politicians have always followed the West and poke their nose into other people's business. Australia actions resemble a nosy child who tries to attract attention of his parents by breaking his toys.

And FYI Australian media is being run by a nut like Gina Rinehart, yeah I would totally believe everything they say.

You comparison is invalid, I don't think if you should compare an insignificant country (no offence) such as Australia, with an independent and important country like Iran.

Iran likes to think it is "important" hence all the rhetoric we see from the Iranian government and the Iranian military desperate attempt at trying to seem like a powerful force.

If Australia is such an insignificant country, why would Iranian state media be so excited at reporting it "warded" one of our aircraft off? It's so flattering that Iran see's our Airforce as such a threat. :yahoo:

Also remember who is on the UN Security Council :angel:

Your so-called politicians have always followed the West and poke their nose into other people's business. Australia actions resemble a nosy child who tries to attract attention of his parents by breaking his toys.

Who exactly is "The West" ? Australia is considered a "Western" Country even though it is located in the pacific due to it similar values of democracy as other nations actually in the "West"

And FYI Australian media is being run by a nut like Gina Rinehart, yeah I would totally believe everything they say.

Did you find that in a quick google search of Australian Media? :rofl: She is a lady who owns 1 newspaper.

Iran likes to think it is "important" hence all the rhetoric we see from the Iranian government and the Iranian military desperate attempt at trying to seem like a powerful force.

No we don't "think" we are important, we ARE one of the most important countries on this planet. We have an educated population, we contributed greatly to advancement of the human race throughout the history and most importantly we do have enough natural resources and money to buy that wasteland you call Australia and turn it into a petting zoo! ;)

If Australia is such an insignificant country, why would Iranian state media be so excited at reporting it "warded" one of our aircraft off? It's so flattering that Iran see's our Airforce as such a threat. :yahoo:

Excited? What is there to be excited about? Australia, at best can defend itself, you're in no position nor do you have the capability to invade any "real" country (Solomon islands may be an exception!). No, to be honest, we don't even consider Australia a country, we still consider you a British colony, however, people need to know what is going on in the world, whether its "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" or an aggressor plane dared to get too close.

Also remember who is on the UN Security Council :angel:

Any country/colony that is willing to sacrifice its independence can be on the Useless Nations Private Club.

Who exactly is "The West" ? Australia is considered a "Western" Country even though it is located in the pacific due to it similar values of democracy as other nations actually in the "West"

By "the West" I mean important countries that determine the fate of the world, countries like: United States, Britain, France, Germany, although stealing land from natives is one of the habits of European people but I'm afraid that doesn't qualify you as what I intend when I use the term "the West".

Did you find that in a quick google search of Australian Media? :rofl: She is a lady who owns 1 newspaper.

No, I knew that nut woman for a long time. From her treatment of her children mostly, and her wet dreams to become the next Rupert Murdoch!

Sad thing is, ignoring where the contact was, is the BS that makes it sound that the Aussies were hostile.

, tracks and repels an Australian recognition aircraft, Upon receiving notice,this aircraft changes it's path but when getting away

OMG the nasty westeners were driven off and ran away

rather than some thing like this.

Good morning this is RAF A9-662 requesting Identification of vessel location at 6°45’10″N and 93°49’36″E heading 280deg

Good morning this is the Sabalan Destroyer xxx of the Iranian 24th fleet in transit to Sri lanka

Thank you Captain have a nice day and smooth sailing.

I thought Australians and Iranians had a good relationship a little sad that ptv wants to make some propoganda milage out of it.

No we don't "think" we are important, we ARE one of the most important countries on this planet.

LOL, why do you think that? Because you are trying to develop nukes which has led to the U.S and most other countries to focus on you? Irans actions resemble a nosy child who tries to attract attention of his parents by breaking his toys.

We have an educated population, we contributed greatly to advancement of the human race throughout the history and most importantly we do have enough natural resources and money to buy that wasteland you call Australia and turn it into a petting zoo!

LOL. Hilarious. You have been indoctrinated so much that you honestly believe your country is some rich and powerful country. You are obviously ignorant of Australia otherwise you would know that Australia is 3x richer than Iran.

Australia is 3x richer than Iran
Australia is the 12th largest economy in the world. (Iran is 23)
Australia controls 83% of the worlds uranium
Australia has an estimated 30 Trillion dollars worth of natural resources
Australia is a member of the UN security council

Excited? What is there to be excited about? Australia, at best can defend itself, you're in no position nor do you have the capability to invade any "real" country (Solomon islands may be an exception!).

Unlike Iran, we are a peaceful country that is not interested in aggressively invading or attacking other countries in a desperate attempt to be seen as "powerful"

But i'll note that Australia was one of the main countries involved in the Invasion of Iraq along side the U.S and the UK.

No, to be honest, we don't even consider Australia a country, we still consider you a British colony

Your opinion, but the fact is we are a sovereign nation and Britain has no control or authority here :azn:

however, people need to know what is going on in the world, whether its "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" or an aggressor plane dared to get too close.

If the story is indeed true, it's not a big deal not is it "aggressive" the government is just keeping tabs on your navies movements, that's all. ;)

Any country/colony that is willing to sacrifice its independence can be on the Useless Nations Private Club.

So China and Russia are not independent nations for being on the Security Council? Keep in mind that the country you called a "backwater insignificant british colony" will now be making and delivering global sanctions against your country :lol:

By "the West" I mean important countries that determine the fate of the world, countries like: United States, Britain, France, Germany, although stealing land from natives is one of the habits of European people but I'm afraid that doesn't qualify you as what I intend when I use the term "the West".

We are descendents of European people, so i think it does qualify us. :wave:

No, I knew that nut woman for a long time. From her treatment of her children mostly, and her wet dreams to become the next Rupert Murdoch!

She is bigger than Rupert Murdoch, she is the richest woman in the world.

LOL, why do you think that? Because you are trying to develop nukes which has led to the U.S and most other countries to focus on you? Irans actions resemble a nosy child who tries to attract attention of his parents by breaking his toys.

No... because unlike Australia, Iran wasn't a penal colony. We have 5000 years recorded history. anyways, I don' think if I should state all the reasons for why we are important, any relatively educated person should be able to figure that out by themselves, if you are unable to do so, then please get an education.

About the nukes, firstly our nuclear program is entirely peaceful and secondly, we do what we have to do, in my opinion we should develop nuclear weapons and use them to defend our country if necessary, however that decision is not up to me nor are our national objectives any of your concern (No offence!).

And please have some originality! By the way you communicate, I don't even think you're an Australian "native" if that's what they want to call themselves nowadays! :lol:

LOL. Hilarious. You have been indoctrinated so much that you honestly believe your country is some rich and powerful country. You are obviously ignorant of Australia otherwise you would know that Australia is 3x richer than Iran.

Indoctrinated? Do you even know the meaning of that? Technically you are being indoctrinated by local and international media (everyday) without even knowing, you're being indoctrinated when you watch an advertisement that makes you believe you should buy a certain cosmetic product to make girls like you more, you're being indoctrinated when you are forced to believe that latest model of certain brand of smartphones makes you look cool!

I'm not ignorant, I look at the facts and statistics mainly from your own government:

Minerals Basics - Geoscience Australia

I'm sorry having too much coal and diamond, won't fuel your car!

Iran is extremely rich in natural resources, however Iran's mineral sector is greatly under-invested.

Not considering Iranian mineral resources, I'm going to give you an estimate of current worth of our oil reserves (based on $90 per barrel): $123,840,000,000,000,000 (that is excluding our gas reserves.)

Australia is 3x richer than Iran
Australia is the 12th largest economy in the world. (Iran is 23)
Australia controls 83% of the worlds uranium
Australia has an estimated 30 Trillion dollars worth of natural resources
Australia is a member of the UN security council

1- I already gave you a very comprehensive answer.
2- Iran was ranked 16th two years ago, under economic sanctions, so being 12th while your politicians have the tendency to suck up to the big boys is really nothing to brag about!
3- Proven Uranium... :lol:
4- Oh really?! Our oil reserves alone have an estimated worth of $1.2384e+13 :lol:

Unlike Iran, we are a peaceful country that is not interested in aggressively invading or attacking other countries in a desperate attempt to be seen as "powerful"

Lol what?! If that's the case why you're buying so many weapons?

Procurement programme of the Royal Australian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preparing for the next Kangaroo invasion? (I really love the Kangaroo jokes :D They never get old!)

And that last sentence (although you didn't use period) goes to show your ignorance, Iran never invaded any country in over 200 years! Australia in meanwhile tried to look tough by sending troops to two countries (Iraq and Afghanistan) over 10 thousand km from its borders! It appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds?! :pop:

Your opinion, but the fact is we are a sovereign nation and Britain has no control or authority here :azn:

No its not my "opinion" officially Queen Elizabeth has sovereignty over Australia! Don't they teach you that in your schools? :D Noch... noch... noch!

So China and Russia are not independent nations for being on the Security Council? Keep in mind that the country you called a "backwater insignificant british colony" will now be making and delivering global sanctions against your country :lol:

Oh my god, now I have to go through WWII, Cold War and China-U.S. struggles?! Sorry, I don't have time to do that, its a very, very, very long story!

And by the way, I should have stated this in my earlier post, Australia is not a permanent member, among your buddies over there you could find countries (!) like Azerbaijan! Does that sound like an advanced country to you? A corrupt dictator, ruling over a country full of poor people! You must feel proud when the Australian representative sits next to his counterparts from Guatemala, Rwanda, Togo and etc...

Yeah... if you want to put it that way the human race originated in Africa, therefore we are all Africans! ;) I'm sorry, but Australia is in the Eastern hemisphere!

She is bigger than Rupert Murdoch, she is the richest woman in the world.

Yes... she has a lot of money, while she is very rich, she doesn't have as much influence as Rupert, but she is getting there, and Rupert Murdoch is her role model!

But i'll note that Australia was one of the main countries involved in the Invasion of Iraq along side the U.S and the UK.

to be precise go look at your history and tell me which group of people England sent to Australia for colonizing that land

more importantly about being peaceful nation that don't want to invade other countries if you were from Swiss you had the right to brag about that compared to Iran but Australia , come on .go check and tell me when was the last time you attacked another country and when was the last time Iran attacked another country

Kid,

To begin with,your attitude is obnoxious.

No... because unlike Australia, Iran wasn't a penal colony. We have 5000 years recorded history. anyways, I don' think if I should state all the reasons for why we are important, any relatively educated person should be able to figure that out by themselves, if you are unable to do so, then please get an education.

About the nukes, firstly our nuclear program is entirely peaceful and secondly, we do what we have to do, in my opinion we should develop nuclear weapons and use them to defend our country if necessary, however that decision is not up to me nor are our national objectives any of your concern (No offence!).

And please have some originality! By the way you communicate, I don't even think you're an Australian "native" if that's what they want to call themselves nowadays! :lol:

First thing with this civilizational upmanship......

The fact that Persia existed 5000 years ago does not means current Iran is an ancient civilization.Arab invasions have changed Persian civilization beyond recognition.

And if we go by your criteria,nearly every country has 5000 year old civilization.

I'm not ignorant, I look at the facts and statistics mainly from your own government:

Minerals Basics - Geoscience Australia

I'm sorry having too much coal and diamond, won't fuel your car!

Iran is extremely rich in natural resources, however Iran's mineral sector is greatly under-invested.

Not considering Iranian mineral resources, I'm going to give you an estimate of current worth of our oil reserves (based on $90 per barrel): $123,840,000,000,000,000 (that is excluding our gas reserves.)

1- I already gave you a very comprehensive answer.
2- Iran was ranked 16th two years ago, under economic sanctions, so being 12th while your politicians have the tendency to suck up to the big boys is really nothing to brag about!
3- Proven Uranium... :lol:
4- Oh really?! Our oil reserves alone have an estimated worth of $1.2384e+13 :lol:

For all the fancy calculations you are making,you have no understanding of economics and relative worth.

You have shown your lack of economic understanding in this thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/irania...pe-out-israel-if-attacked-ahmadinejad-14.html

where you refused to acknowledge the difference between absolute and PPP concept.I did not pressed matter there as i thought that it is useless to argue with someone who is so brainwashed that he would not even click on the links.

In this post also you have not even tried to understand the meaning of content of your own link.

It clearly points out that Australia is among top 5 countries to have resources for all major minerals.

All for all the fancy number with lot of zeros you have produced.Iran's current estimated reserve at $90/barrel would come out to be $13.5 trillion

Lol what?! If that's the case why you're buying so many weapons?

Procurement programme of the Royal Australian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preparing for the next Kangaroo invasion? (I really love the Kangaroo jokes They never get old!)

And that last sentence (although you didn't use period) goes to show your ignorance, Iran never invaded any country in over 200 years! Australia in meanwhile tried to look tough by sending troops to two countries (Iraq and Afghanistan) over 10 thousand km from its borders! It appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds?!

Australia has second/third strongest navy in IOR.

First being US based in Bahrain and Deigo Garcia.

Being Indian i would say second is Indian navy more so because we have aircraft carriers.

No its not my "opinion" officially Queen Elizabeth has sovereignty over Australia! Don't they teach you that in your schools? Noch... noch... noch!

QE is titular head with no official powers more like president of India.

I stopped reading as soon as I saw "kid".
@anonymus My discussion with this person is not any of your concern. If you're unhappy about the way I talk, then don't read my posts or simply ignore me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped reading as soon as I saw "kid".
@anonymus My discussion with this person is not any of your concern. If you're unhappy about the way I talk, then don't read my posts or simply ignore me.

If 1980 is your DoB then i should call you Uncle.

I used Kid because you showed a juvenile attitude in your posts.

Anyway feel free to discuss the matter on one to one basis. xdrive is here and i would not be having any further say in your fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom