What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

پس فکر کردی چرا بهشون می‌گن خرمذهبی؟

البته نباید با همه مذهبی‌ها جمع بست
من همکار دارم چادری مسلمون واقعی و نماز خون که صد برابر از بی‌حجاب‌ها بیشتر علیه حجاب اجباری هست
خود چادری‌ها هم خیلی تحت فشار هستند. جامعه باهاشون اصلاً خوب برخورد نمی‌کنه. به خصوص تو شهری مثل تهران
اتفاقاً چادری‌ها هم خیلی به خاطر حجاب اجباری تحت فشار هستند چون مردم فکر می‌کنند عامل رژیم هستند و علیهشون گارد می‌گیرن
جامعه کاملاً دو قطبی و پولاریزه شده. به خصوص تو شهرهای بزرگ مثل تهران

اگه یک رای گیری جمعی از ایرانی‌ها بشه حتی میون قشر مذهبی‌ هم حجاب اجباری رای نمیاره​
kamelan farghecbeyne mazhabi va khar-mazhabio midoonam baradar.

It seems you don't even accept government polls about forced hijab. You want civil unrest, riots, deaths, damage to economy (slowing down internet), propaganda against Iran by enemy, encouragement of separatism, people going to georgia, armenia, istanbul, dubai.. spending money there to walk without cloth on their head, cost of gashte ershad and police forces to control people and stop riots... all of these for a piece of veil/cloth on hair? are you ok?

Which polls are these? It's not a matter of a piece of cloth, but of the survival of Iran as nation and civilization in the face of the liberal globalist onslaught. I explained it exhaustively in my previous reply to you.

Both the internet issue and the hostility displayed by some segments of society towards the dress code can be solved gradually if Iran does what's needed to block the enemy's soft war offensive in the cultural department, namely by establishing a national internet physically disconnected from the global network, and by enforcing the ban on satellite receivers.

The problem is we agree maybe on many things, maybe even for 95% with these kharmazhabi people, but they're ready to destroy everything for the 5% disagreement. It means: ina mantegh aslan halishoon nist.

Not a single religious consideration in my lengthy analysis of the dress code topic though. Nor in the arguments put forth by user MyNamesNotJeff.

Not everything Omid Dana says is accurate, in fact it's not too complicated to demonstrate the necessity of upholding the dress code with a 100% non-religious reasoning. People like Dana and his team just don't have the required background knowledge and familiarity with the literature of political ideas. They are, after all, no academics but simple internet commenters.

You should see the writing on the wall. The regime is highly unpopular, has proven to be unable to change its ideological outlook in line with the changing perceptions of the Iranian people and is creating a perfect storm by antagonizing world powers and its own people at the same time.

As said, the alleged unpopularity of the political order is itself a matter of perception. That perceptions can be skewed through the image projected by mainstream media and rehashed by their readers, was demonstrated on Dey 9, 1388.

History is full with tone-deaf regimes that in all their arrogance and foolishness thought that they would rule indefinitely through the batons of their goons, to eventually wake up and see a disgruntled and fearless people at the gates of their palaces.

That's assuming the Islamic Republic is legitimizing itself through force not popular backing. However even the most legitimate government will have to resort to some degree of force if standing up to the oppressive zio-American empire given how the latter, thanks to its unmatched propaganda and psy-ops apparatus, will necessarily manage to mislead some people and have them indulge into actions which threaten national security.

Last edited:
They are also ripping his posters because the government used his martyrdom to rally support for popularity. Well that has now faded sadly. Some see him as the external arm of the Republic fighting wars abroad while people at home starved. It’s incorrect analysis, but your average citizen isn’t that bright. He doesn’t understand a country needs to do these things to keeps its independence.

Only when his entire country lies in ruins (Syria, Libya) does he realize the error in his ways. But by then he has sought asylum in [insert western country] while his fellow countrymen suffer in a failed nation state.

Iranian government is not popular. If you held a referendum today to pass voluntary hijab it would pass overwhelming.

In times of economic pain, you need to relax the leash on the people not increase it. This only further causes resentment. People are already choking under the severe inflation and poverty and now you say having a dog is forbidden. Your scarf slipping a little requires being thrown into a van, your Trench coat being too tight means fines.

I mean it’s terrible way to govern. People accepted it when life was good and $1 = 1000 toman. Not when $1 = 35000 toman.

All this does is invite Iran’s enemies to try to implement color revolutions. This is how they got Syria. Started out as ordinary protests then intelligence agencies paid Sunni miltants to start an armed revolt in predominately Sunni territories.

Yeah
This is how Syria got a civil war. Going sectarian and imbecile because they were unhappy of the regime.

The reason average guy is not in the street is that

The reason for Soleimani's massive mourning was that he was assassinated by the US.
Iranians took it as a great offense to our nation. I knew people who opposed the regime but yet they posted photos of Soleimani on social networks.
It was a moment that unified Iranians because people were concerned about the security of Iran.

But now a few years after that, I don't think the sentiment is that high anymore. Particularly because the regime failed to revenge his assassination.

The sentiment that I see is huge. Of course he has devout enemies too.
Popularity is not related to revenge but to his work.

As said, the alleged unpopularity of the political order is a matter of perception itself. That this can be skewed by the image projected by mainstream media and their readers, was demonstrated on Dey 9, 1388.

You mean a state organized and orchestrated counter-protest to artificially project an image of popular support against grassroots demonstrations that highlighted a growing dissatisfaction among our younger generations?

That's assuming the Islamic Republic is legitimizing itself through force not popular backing. However even the most legitimate government will have to resort to some degree of force if standing up to the oppressive zio-American empire, given how the latter thanks to its unmatched propaganda and psy-ops apparatus will necessarily manage to mislead some people and have them indulge into actions which threaten national security.

You can spare me the American boogeyman. The Islamic Republic is holding on to its power through brute force and scaremongering. It has lost the love of its people long time ago.

Alright buddy, will German security forces do?

Here's how they treat harmless bystanders at protests, with the example of the famous "Man in Blue" who was simply passing by a Berlin demonstration with his bicycle in 2009 - they beat him to a pulp for no tangible reason (I had a hard time locating the footage, since most uploads were removed and this one of course is age-restricted, courtesy of "democratic" censorship):
Well sure, euros are uncivilized violence-prone barbarians so being better than them is the bare minimum they can do. But anyways like Stryker said Iranians don't care about what police in other country are doing.

If you want to oppress people like the Shah did or like they do in the west or PGCC, you need to at least give them a decent standard of living. To start beating people in the streets because they don't want to wear hijab is ridiculous, to do it while the people are already struggling economically is lunacy. IR government is harming Iran right now for no gain.

In times of economic pain, you need to relax the leash on the people not increase it. This only further causes resentment. People are already choking under the severe inflation and poverty and now you say having a dog is forbidden. Your scarf slipping a little requires being thrown into a van, your Trench coat being too tight means fines.

The working class and those who suffer the most from economic hardships in Iran aren't really the ones who own dogs, nor the ones who dream of a hejab-less society.

You mean a state organized and orchestrated counter-protest to artificially project an image of popular support against grassroots demonstrations that highlighted a growing dissatisfaction among our younger generations?

If you believe those people gathered because the government supposedly offered each one of them a soft drink of the "Sandis" brand, and not because they actually believed in the slogans they were chanting, then there's nothing I can say.

You can spare me the American boogeyman. The Islamic Republic is holding on to its power through brute force and scaremongering. It has lost the love of its people long time ago.

Because the USA regime has not been putting to use its colossal propaganda, psy-ops and social engineering machinery in order to alter the perceptions of Iranians and incite them against the Islamic Republic 24/7 for 43 years in a row. And because such a massive operation has no impact whatsoever. Sure.

As for scaremongering, I can see that with the hysterical ways in which some Iranians resist arrest, in which they confront and insult security forces, in which oppositionists and counter-revolutionaries write whatever they want online and say whatever they want in public with zero fear of prosecution.

Last edited:
People opposed Shah with demonstrations that I believe lacked long term vision.
Initial revolution of Khomeini was a mistake.

Next revolution is unlikely and even bigger mistake.

Well sure, euros are uncivilized violence-prone barbarians so being better than them is the bare minimum they can do. But anyways like Stryker said Iranians don't care about what police in other country are doing.

Does it mean you don't care what police the world over are doing and that we shouldn't rest until Iranian law enforcement conforms to an utopian type of standard which doesn't and has not existed anywhere? It'd be a mighty tall order for sure.

If you want to oppress people like the Shah did or like they do in the west or PGCC, you need to at least give them a decent standard of living.

Do masses in America enjoy decent standards of living? What about the subjectivity factor when it comes to people's satisfaction with their material levels of wealth?

To start beating people in the streets because they don't want to wear hijab is ridiculous, to do it while the people are already struggling economically is lunacy. IR government is harming Iran right now for no gain.

I can only invite you to watch the clip and tell me if "beaten" is the right word to describe the riot police action towards those three bystanders at the kiosk, for that's what I was commenting on.

Last edited:
First of all, George Floyd did not die because he was a "junkie criminal". He died of asphyxia. That's why the racist officer who killed him was charged with 3rd degree murder.
Secondly, at this point, the issue is not just the death of Mahsa Amini anymore. It's more than just one person now, but even the death of Mahsa Amini has so many unclear and unexplained points that has left the majority of Iranians unconvinced and angered.

1. She was arrested when she was visiting Tehran with his brother from a small Kurdish city. They put her in the van using force even though her brother protested and her hijab wasn't really that bad. Then they took her to the police station and said that she'd be out after a 1-hour class. When her brother returned, nobody told him what had happened to his sister. He had to find out about it from the arrested people there and even then he had to find his sister in the hospital on his own by asking ordinary people. None of the police informed him of what had happened to his sister.
2. The regime claims that she had a chronic health condition and she had undergone brain surgery for that in her childhood. Her father denies this and claims that she was completely healthy.
3. The video that the regime showed is too short to prove anything. A 2 minute video does not prove anything about what had happened to her previously and how long it took for the ambulance to get there after she passed out. The police in Iran have body cameras. None of the officers that arrested her had body cameras apparently. So, we are completely clueless if she had been hit in the head when she was in the van.
4. An overwhelming majority of young Iranians do not agree with compulsory hijab. The regime knows this and continues to go against the demand of young Iranians, leading to more public dissatisfaction that has resulted in these protests.

That's a broad question. I support the regime's international stance against the Western imperialism that has targeted Iran for centuries. Other than that, I strongly oppose the internal policies of the regime.

George Floyd *DID* die because he was a junkie criminal lowlife, he did not deserve to die but the events of that day were largely a result of his actions.

1, Fair enough, police overreach is never good.
2. A superficially healthy person can absolutely die suddenly even at a young age, congenital heart defects and aneurysms can hit at any time, stress can be an accelerant.
3, No but you can make a reasonable assumption, she would've had to have suffered severe internal trauma, she wouldn't have been walking around as she did on the video if she received the beating of a lifetime.
4. A reasonable observation, Iran as an Islamic Republic needs to maintain a degree of conservatism at home in order to justify its own existence, whether that is hijab or no hijab I don't know. But if Iran is to relax certain social norms it cannot lead to a chain of uncontrollable liberalisation as seen in the west, that is a recipe for a catastrophic backreaction or a 'culture war'.

The working class and those who suffer the most from economic hardships in Iran aren't really the ones who own dogs, nor the ones who dream of a hejab-less society.
And how does Iran benefit from restricting personal freedoms like owning dogs or forcing hijab?

Do masses in America enjoy decent standards of living? What about the subjectivity factor when it comes to people's satisfaction with their material levels of wealth?
Enough enjoy a decent enough standard of living that when the ones who don't get their skulls caved in by cops they don't blink an eye, and that will change as the majority get poorer but that's already where Iran is today.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom