What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I've watched the movie .

One of the top 250 movies .

I just remembered one of y favorite movies based on a true story called Into the wild .

That's a beautiful movie .
I like that movie too but there are parts that contradict man's intentions with his actions. For example if he wanted to live away from human civilization, why did he choose to make an abandoned vehicle as his home, use a gun, use a map etc?

If I learnt one thing from that movie, that is freedom is an impossible concept to be achieved. No matter how hard we try we all are forced to live in a cage created by circumstances.

By the way I am surprised that no one mentioned the movie "A Separation". It's ultra realistic and most probably the most realistic movie I've ever watched in life. I like i that in that movie there is no villain or hero.

If I learnt one thing from that movie, that is freedom is an impossible concept to be achieved. No matter how hard we try we all are forced to live in a cage created by circumstances.

I disagree completely. Its quite superficial to think that freedom has to do with geographical boundaries. Real freedom is a state of mind.

I disagree completely. Its quite superficial to think that freedom has to do with geographical boundaries. Real freedom is a state of mind.
Even if it is a state of mind, how will you achieve it when you are tied to responsibilities? If you decide to give up responsibilities that would make you nothing but a selfish person, isn't it?

In Christopher's case his inability to find sufficient food enough for his survival led him to his death. You could take "food" as a circumstance that prevented him from achieving the freedom he was searching for and also as something that he was tied into.

Last edited:
Dude, I think it is OK, if you want to study different majors, and pick one of them. BTW, do not feel yourself obliged to necessarily finish a specific major. Anyway, make up your mind. If you want to stay in Iran, choose a high-income major there. I think power engineering is very good in this regard. @Islam shall be the winner , am I right bro? But if you want to immigrate to US or Canada, ... the story would be totally different ;)
Sorry for being late,
@Ostad @rmi5

Considering income, being a power engineer is one of the bests in Iran, but is surely far from being good. As a Bonyad Nokhbegan member I was eligible to work for MOE without entrance exam, I worked there for about 3 years, salary was something about 3.5 million Tomans per month, I don’t know how is that considered by you guys but I resigned.
Currently, I am officially working as a broker at Iranian stock and also as an electricity market consultants for a private power plant owner. Considering income these are far better than being employee even for MOE, but I do have some private business that are encouraging me to leave this whole official jobs.
As an example this summer I earned something around 1.5 billion Tomans from a farmland,
I had this farmland for many years but this summer I hired a worker to farm 10 hectares of potato for me, we harvested around 75 tons of potato per hectare that sums up to around 750 tones and we sold them around 2000 Tomans per kilo.
I am also planning to structure a packing plant and some days ago I was in China to negotiate for the packing machine.
@Ostad , bro, if your goal is to earn money then university is the wrong place to be. Now I am remembering some of my university experiences as a strategical mistake in my life.

I like that movie too but there are parts that contradict man's intentions with his actions. For example if he wanted to live away from human civilization, why did he choose to make an abandoned vehicle as his home, use a gun, use a map etc?

The movie was based on a true story of a man died in 1992 . Didn't you see the real picture of that man at the end ?

I would agree with you if it wasn't based on a true story .

By the way I am surprised that no one mentioned the movie "A Separation". It's ultra realistic and most probably the most realistic movie I've ever watched in life. I like i that in that movie there is no villain or hero.

We were not talking about Iranian movies but foreign ones here .

We have dozens of good Iranian movies as well though I didn't find Separation that interesting myself .

Sorry for being late,
@Ostad @rmi5

Considering income, being a power engineer is one of the bests in Iran, but is surely far from being good. As a Bonyad Nokhbegan member I was eligible to work for MOE without entrance exam, I worked there for about 3 years, salary was something about 3.5 million Tomans per month, I don’t know how is that considered by you guys but I resigned.
Currently, I am officially working as a broker at Iranian stock and also as an electricity market consultants for a private power plant owner. Considering income these are far better than being employee even for MOE, but I do have some private business that are encouraging me to leave this whole official jobs.
As an example this summer I earned something around 1.5 billion Tomans from a farmland,
I had this farmland for many years but this summer I hired a worker to farm 10 hectares of potato for me, we harvested around 75 tons of potato per hectare that sums up to around 750 tones and we sold them around 2000 Tomans per kilo.
I am also planning to structure a packing plant and some days ago I was in China to negotiate for the packing machine.
:tup:
You are rich dude.:cool:
@Ostad , bro, if your goal is to earn money then university is the wrong place to be. Now I am remembering some of my university experiences as a strategical mistake in my life.
:tup::agree:

Sorry for being late,
@Ostad @rmi5

in memory of our decedent friend Soheil ,
images

Sorry for being late,
@Ostad @rmi5

wow thanks. lets see my income is about 40$ per month not much difference. :lol:
if i want to start a business in Iran where should i start? as far as i can see you are an expert.
@Islam shall be the winner @ghara ghan @S00R3NA @Ostad
I need some sleep, guys, see you tomorrow ;)
good night.

Last edited:
wow thanks. lets see my income is about 40$ per month not much difference.
:lol:

if i want to start a business in Iran where should i start? as far as i can see you are an expert.
Of coarse I am not an expert, not even close,
But, friendly talking, I must say, every private business is a golden opportunity especially in a country like Iran. I must say even the worst private business is considered far better than the best governmental one, even if it be the minister of energy.
For starting a private business you don't need to be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, all you need is the will to start it. never search for a partner in business, they are just pain in the ***, go for loans, they are boosts in business, never be afraid of taking big loans, they are the real blessings in a country like Iran. But before doing anything make a deep investigation about it by your self I mean by yourself and never trust anyone else in that field, you as an academic buddy are one of the smartest guys around so never underestimate your IQ, I have seen many ultra rich buddies in the Iranian Stock market that are considered dumb by any of my standards but even them have managed to be rich.
never hesitate consulting with pro's they are the best resources in business, not the fucking damn books.
The best excuse for the common people for not starting a private business in a whole life is the absence of an initial financial capital, but believe me that's not an excuse for smarts.
Do not give up studying unfinished but believe me studying is the waste of time if your goal is to gain money, for now if you are not able to leave it my advise is to start learning Chinese beside your study. It will take you around 2 or 3 years of hard work to be a Chinese pro but it would worth it.
This year I was searching for a Chinese language expert for a friend of mine who is in stone trading business, it took me around 5 months to find one, the one I found is an Isfahani girl, and she is earning 25 million Tomans per month for being a translator in contracting with Chinese, and this is apart from Commission for every contract she makes.
If you need more help I would be glad to help you myself or introduce you to some real experts if you like, bro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom