What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Amazing!
This needs its own thread. The biggest vessel ever sent to sea.

Shell’s massive Prelude hull world’s biggest-ever floating vessel and first ocean-based LNG plant

prelude-3.jpg

Royal Dutch Shell PLC says it has completed building the hull of the world’s largest floating facility, which has been constructed to process natural gas off the coast of western Australia.

Shell said Tuesday that the 488-meter (1,600 foot) hull of the structure, known as “Prelude,” was floated out of the dry dock in Geoje, South Korea where it is being built.

With a bow and stern half a kilometre apart, four football pitches would fit on the vessel’s deck were it not for a clutter of kit towering up to 93 metres high that will take in the equivalent of 110,000 barrels of oil per day in natural gas and cool it into liquefied natural gas for transport and sale in Asia. It will float above gas fields.

Shell says it can remain in place through a category 5 cyclone.

Construction began last year, three years after the project was announced. Gas production is slated to begin in 2017.

fp1204_prelude_vs_buildings_940_ab.jpeg

It will be the biggest vessel ever sent to sea – but as the Prelude FLNG vessel was launched on Tuesday, plans were already under way for something bigger.

Now, as the partly-built structure floats out of dry dock for the first time, developer Royal Dutch Shell wants to consolidate its advantage as the first mover in Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) – an as-yet untried technology for which Prelude will be the flagship.

The oil company’s technicians are designing something even larger and tougher than Prelude, a vessel that will need to last 25 years moored in the Indian Ocean’s “cyclone alley” off Australia’s northwest coast, producing enough gas to supply a city the size of Hong Kong.

Read the rest HERE

Amazing!
This needs its own thread. The biggest vessel ever sent to sea.

Shell’s massive Prelude hull world’s biggest-ever floating vessel and first ocean-based LNG plant

prelude-3.jpg

Actually, We needed to have this giant ship in South Pars field. but, ....
:(:undecided:

Actually, We needed to have this giant ship in South Pars field. but, ....
:(:undecided:
You'd think that wouldn't you? After all, we happen to have the largest gas reserves on the planet.

But while other nations and societies are advancing, becoming rich, working for the betterment of their people and man kind, our moronic degenerate dictatorship is concerned about people's hair lengths and the size of their tee shirts!

It's a cruel sad joke

You'd think that wouldn't you? After all, we happen to have the largest gas reserves on the planet.

But while other nations and societies are advancing, becoming rich, working for the betterment of their people and man kind, our moronic degenerate dictatorship is concerned about the length of the hair of boys and girls.

It's a cruel sad joke

Yes, it seems that the world is engaging us in a sad historical joke.
Now, after 3 decades of middle ages type mullah regimes, We are still going down and down into this swamp.

This thread needs to be locked down.

Jungibaaz seems like Europe section also suffers the same issues.

I mean, 120 posts of insult and off-topic post.

:lol::lol::lol:

Brother, do you wanna do a coup in European section as well? :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Brother, do you wanna do a coup in European section as well? :ph34r:

It's irritating to see, lot's of off-topic posts when you are expecting a discussion about the topic. :(

I don't know..... One of our Senior members asked me "Why are you bothering ? "

A simple question, made me think about it..... " yeah, why am i bothering at the first place. " :undecided:

It's irritating to see, lot's of off-topic posts when you are expecting a discussion about the topic. :(

I don't know..... One of our Senior members asked me "Why are you bothering ? "

A simple question, made me think about it..... " yeah, why am i bothering at the first place. " :undecided:

Yeah, Do not mind it brother. :lol:
We have enough headache in our sections. Let alone their sections.
BTW, do you know whether Europe section and Americas section have any mod?
@Serpentine jan , Is there any mod for those sections?

Yeah, i think i will leave the ME section for once and for all. I will go to military forum, where they have decent discussions and lot's of information about the subjects.

I doubt there is dedicated mod for those sections.

Yeah, i think i will leave the ME section for once and for all. I will go to military forum, where they have decent discussions and lot's of information about the subjects.

Agree. :tup: I believe that now, the Middle East section can be officially called trolls section. Every troll of the forum tries to engage heavily in those non sense troll discussions. The total useful information of that section is exactly zero. I wanna leave that section as well.
BTW, What is military forum?:what:

No, I don't think they have their own mods.

Agree. :tup: I believe that now, the Middle East section can be officially called trolls section. Every troll of the forum tries to engage heavily in those non sense troll discussions. The total useful information of that section is exactly zero. I wanna leave that section as well.
BTW, What is military forum?:what:

Especially sticky threads on air warfare section is awesome.

https://defence.pk/forums/military-forum.85/ :)

Do they need any mod?:what:
maybe me and @Sinan could do a coup and appoint someone there.:azn::partay:
Not more necessary than ME section, but yeah, they may need mods too.

The reporting process in the new forum has became much more effective, try it. Chances that reported troll posts will be removed has increased significantly.

A coup also may not be a bad idea. :)

Especially sticky threads on air warfare section is awesome.

https://defence.pk/forums/military-forum.85/ :)
:tup:
yeah, These threads in air warfare seem to be more interesting and useful than most of other threads of website

Not more necessary than ME section, but yeah, they may need mods too.

The reporting process in the new forum has became much more effective, try it. Chances that reported troll posts will be removed has increased significantly.

A coup also may not be a bad idea. :)

ME section looks like a burnt and lost land, it does not worth to do a coup :p:
Yeah, I agree about reports process.:tup:
Those section are really tempting for doing a coup.
Maybe I self appoint myself as the mod of those sections, like what @Azizam did about ME section.:rofl:

:tup:
ME section looks like a burnt and lost land, it does not worth to do a coup :p:
Yeah, I agree about reports process.:tup:
Those section are really tempting for doing a coup.
Maybe I self appoint myself as the mod of those sections, like what @Azizam did about ME section.:rofl:

Mate, that EU sections thread had been locked down and all those ugly posts gone. And that racist kraut suspended. :D

Mass demonstrations shake Kiev as Ukrainians call for revolution | Page 5

Seems like they have given more importance for reporting. :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom