What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Here my two bit about Zarif

He is naive and his education in the US works against him...he truly believes in the rule of law and human decency...the people who he negotiates with they verbalize those values but do not act upon them...this is where he falls short....he can not smell the rat in those people...he would make a great envoy for a country like Canada...beautiful smile, charm and international appeal....but what is done is done he must be allowed to do his best and no one should call him a traitor...(his boss is another story!!)..history will judge him accordingly .

WOW - WOW. As if you took the words right out of my head.

I try very hard to NEVER insult an Iranian person. I understand Westerners have used DIVIDE AND CONQUER against Iranians for more than 120 years, having understood early on that Iranians as a culture are easy to divide because of their idealism (Democrats are the same and are quickly manipulated by the Republicans).

Idealist people are looking for perfection and often miss the culprit that is manipulating them.

I so much agree with your description above, that is kind of scary.

Mr. Zarif wen to Alavi school in Tehran with one of my relatives and they are still best friends and go to Darband to eat cholo kebab at their favorite restaurant and talk about the world stage.

Mr. Zarif's experience in U.S. stem from his time at the U.N. mostly making proposals for ideals that most have given up on, like his NCR in 2003.

I believe he is not a politician, let's say, someone with CRYSTAL CLARITY on political gains and trades, with ideas on how to use political capital and chaos opportunities to further the cause. He is also, awfully bad at putting on a "poker face". Does he understand that most of the time his body language is incredibly submissive and both State Dept and CIA have experts in reading body language? Smiling/charming is only one strategy, not the only one.

I have watched his most popular (as he says) speeches, 1) in Norway a few years ago ("... We begged and no one gave us scuds ..."), and the recent one in 2020 Munich conference ("... we have two governments..").

He has no understanding how things are interpreted in the West. He "thinks Persian and speaks English".

On the contrary, Mr. Marandi (speaking) and Mr. Afrasiabi (writing) very clearly understand "interpretation" rather than speaking based on "translation". Mr. Zarif English and command of the language and his articulate ability to bring the point home, is below average for a FM.

I agree 100% he is not a traitor. He is there because "Iran has no one else available at the moment or able to do the job better, or not selected".

I try very hard to keep emotions aside and think clearly. It is hard to do so when it comes to Rohani. He has harmed the country, more than he knows, and more than most people know.

In December 2006, George W. Bush wanted to order an attack against Iran. His (military) Chairman of joint chiefs of staff, asked to resign as he did not want to participate in this. His reason, later divulged: "Ahmadinejad".

Rohani has done nothing of value for Iran. And he stole his neighbors land because he said he needs more space for cars that come to see him in his house, and needs more parking space. In Scotland he was briefed all the time by individuals who had ties with MI5, and he apparently knew.

Iranian people need to learn about UNITY so they understand they have to ELEVATE each other rather than put each other down. UNITY is the purest form of strength, more essential than weapons. That is why U.S. depends on U.K. to back it up with it wants to bomb Libya or Iraq or Afghanistan etc. UNITY is essential if a country wants to be strong and be respected.

Zarif is doing what he can. He is a good man inside. He cares about his country. Not necessarily the sharpest cat, nor does he always understand the West's interpretations of his behavior. But his heart is in the right place.

He wants to be a University Professor and he likes attention. He does deserve respect in my opinion. He is working hard for his country.

Iran needs someone as sharp as John Ghazvinian or Trita Parsi or someone who understand how to talk to the West, and how EACH WORD has a particular connotation within the western culture and political influencing.

Aryobarzan, are you sure YOU ARE NOT ME with a second account ??? hehe.

Incorrect analysis. I have never been “anti-Iran” I don’t know how anyone who invests in Iran can be considered “anti Iran” or has had family members in the IRGC serve in the war could be considered that. I been on these boards going back to IMF days which some of these “fly by night” accounts that popped up in last 1-2 years have no idea what it even was.

I digress, unfortunately I do rub people the wrong way by not drinking the “kool aid” and “rah rah Iran” and everything is fine and wonderful much like you what Pakistan fanboys on this forum talk in almost delusional lengths about how great Pakistan is and how formidable it is and how everything is one big conspiracy to bring down Pakistan, a sign of detachment from reality.

And here lies the difference between myself and some of the older gen Iranians on this board vs those seeking refuge in Germany or Canada and telling Iranians back in our homeland what form of hardship they should accept. It’s a bit hypocritical to say the least. I been attacked for having dual citizenship ship and “carrying US flags” (I don’t see where these flags are but my assumption now is some type of flags are displayed on the PC version fo this site) mostly from a couple members living in EU or Canada. Again hypocritical.

As for “anti-IR”, my personal experience with the government I am indifferent. It’s irrelevant at this point my opinion, as IR is the government we have and must work with. While it may not be perfect and certainly has its own flaws changing a government in 21st century usually leads to chaos and Iran would be no exception being multi-ethnic and having made a lot of enemies (Arabs/Israeli/EU/etc). At worst it would lead to Balkanization of the country and its destruction for next 100 years similar to the fall of Afghanistan to Taliban.

What I don’t like seeing is those sowing division by blaming everything on one man (in this particular case Zarif) or calling him a traitor because he studied in US while those same people are studying in a Canada or Germany because....they couldn’t get their foot on to US soil. Again hypocritical to say the least. As for Zarif I am not fan of him, but the man has the task of foreign minister in a challenging environment and has done it to the best of his ability. I think him being a Western Educated Technocrat has helped him reshape Iran’s image a bit after the outspokenness of Ahmadinejad era.

But as someone who myself and family (both close and far) have extensive experience in Iran the good, bad, and ugly we have seen. This being a public forum with many eyes going into detail is not possible. People can believe what they want to believe, but not going to put sensitive information on a open forum.

However, sowing division within society that is increasingly fractionalized will backfire, just look at US society today where politicians blamed the other side for the problems so much that today US society is more fractionalized today than at any point since slavery and Jim Crow laws were around. I see the same starting to happen in Iranian politics where during presidential debates it becomes a game to expose the others corruptness within the Republic. These actions have long term ramifications.

Nonetheless, Long ago I accepted not needing to defend myself from western living Iranians who haven’t even owned a car in Iran much less done business, but want to lecture me on Iran (at one point I had a member who wasn’t even Iranian try to lecture me on the country quite hilarious).

Your comment about your parents and their viewpoint of Iran not influencing you sums up what I am referring to regarding these specific other members of this board (not you, but them). They lack the street and business experience being first hand their. The iran they know is from their parents or what they read. At best a 1-2 month vacation every x amount of years.

I admit I talk brash, I insult back when insulted, and I do take the opposing viewpoint many times in order to provide both sides of the spectrum and prevent this board into becoming one big echo chamber.

Anyway I thought I owed it to you to clear up your misconceptions about me as you seem to be one of the few on this board that talks in a non-biased way. As always your military related insights is quite appreciated.

I wish this board would focus more on military aspects instead of delving into politics so much. As always politics is a sensitive subject anywhere in the world.

I have nothing but respect for you.

Iranians need to KEEP THEIR FOCUS on UNITY - as no nation is TARGETED by so many other nations, in such an unfair way. Even North Korea isn't targeted as much as Iran has been, even when Saddam attacked Iran.

So, let's ELEVATE each other, with support, respect, and understanding.

WOW - WOW. As if you took the words right out of my head.

I try very hard to NEVER insult an Iranian person. I understand Westerners have used DIVIDE AND CONQUER against Iranians for more than 120 years, having understood early on that Iranians as a culture are easy to divide because of their idealism (Democrats are the same and are quickly manipulated by the Republicans).

Idealist people are looking for perfection and often miss the culprit that is manipulating them.

I so much agree with your description above, that is kind of scary.

Mr. Zarif wen to Alavi school in Tehran with one of my relatives and they are still best friends and go to Darband to eat cholo kebab at their favorite restaurant and talk about the world stage.

Mr. Zarif's experience in U.S. stem from his time at the U.N. mostly making proposals for ideals that most have given up on, like his NCR in 2003.

I believe he is not a politician, let's say, someone with CRYSTAL CLARITY on political gains and trades, with ideas on how to use political capital and chaos opportunities to further the cause. He is also, awfully bad at putting on a "poker face". Does he understand that most of the time his body language is incredibly submissive and both State Dept and CIA have experts in reading body language? Smiling/charming is only one strategy, not the only one.

I have watched his most popular (as he says) speeches, 1) in Norway a few years ago ("... We begged and no one gave us scuds ..."), and the recent one in 2020 Munich conference ("... we have two governments..").

He has no understanding how things are interpreted in the West. He "thinks Persian and speaks English".

On the contrary, Mr. Marandi (speaking) and Mr. Afrasiabi (writing) very clearly understand "interpretation" rather than speaking based on "translation". Mr. Zarif English and command of the language and his articulate ability to bring the point home, is below average for a FM.

I agree 100% he is not a traitor. He is there because "Iran has no one else available at the moment or able to do the job better, or not selected".

I try very hard to keep emotions aside and think clearly. It is hard to do so when it comes to Rohani. He has harmed the country, more than he knows, and more than most people know.

In December 2006, George W. Bush wanted to order an attack against Iran. His (military) Chairman of joint chiefs of staff, asked to resign as he did not want to participate in this. His reason, later divulged: "Ahmadinejad".

Rohani has done nothing of value for Iran. And he stole his neighbors land because he said he needs more space for cars that come to see him in his house, and needs more parking space. In Scotland he was briefed all the time by individuals who had ties with MI5, and he apparently knew.

Iranian people need to learn about UNITY so they understand they have to ELEVATE each other rather than put each other down. UNITY is the purest form of strength, more essential than weapons. That is why U.S. depends on U.K. to back it up with it wants to bomb Libya or Iraq or Afghanistan etc. UNITY is essential if a country wants to be strong and be respected.

Zarif is doing what he can. He is a good man inside. He cares about his country. Not necessarily the sharpest cat, nor does he always understand the West's interpretations of his behavior. But his heart is in the right place.

He wants to be a University Professor and he likes attention. He does deserve respect in my opinion. He is working hard for his country.

Iran needs someone as sharp as John Ghazvinian or Trita Parsi or someone who understand how to talk to the West, and how EACH WORD has a particular connotation within the western culture and political influencing.

Aryobarzan, are you sure YOU ARE NOT ME with a second account ??? hehe.
lol...I am just an old fart with lots of time at my hand and many memories to tell...you are probably same age as I am so yes sometimes oldtimers think along the same line ..Cheers and have a great day...
PS: loved your analysis about the AL-31 Engine..

Here my two bit about Zarif

He is naive and his education in the US works against him...he truly believes in the rule of law and human decency...the people who he negotiates with they verbalize those values but do not act upon them...this is where he falls short....he can not smell the rat in those people...he would make a great envoy for a country like Canada...beautiful smile, charm and international appeal....but what is done is done he must be allowed to do his best and no one should call him a traitor...(his boss is another story!!)..history will judge him accordingly .
Yes,well said.
I myself,also happen to think that "naive" is quite literally THE perfect description for BOTH zarif and rouhani,sometimes I almost think that I`m looking at the iranian version of neville chamberlains government in the run up to ww2,with the jcpoa being the equivalent of chamberlains "peace in our time".
Its actually kind of shocking,because I`d always considered that when it came to its political leaders iran generally had had better quality ones than its opponents,tho admittedly these were usually a pretty pathetic bunch,ie incompetent arab vassal despots,rabid zionists and us presidents that ranged from mediocre to moronic,yet rouhani comes off as a political neophyte,almost an amateur in fact,despite [supposedly] having a political career of decades in the iri.

So now we support a natural american as foreign minister ?

Their logic makes no sense.

“Zarif is a traitor he has bank accounts in US and studied in US. He is best friends with John Kerry!!”

“We need this other guy who is a US citizen with extensive ties in US to be the next FM...so much better than Zarif”

Lol....zero logic. It’s like the Iranian version of Fox News on this board sometimes.

Except that the guy we are talking about is not a double faced traitor. His father, Alireza Marandi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alireza_Marandi is the personal physician of Ali Khamenei.. the supreme leader of Iran. Marandi is a good candidate and a religious nationalist person. Like Tom Cotton said, when Iran was invaded by Iraq.. Zarif was hiding in the US.

Back
Top Bottom