What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Fereydoon Abbasi has publicly declared that he will run for the President. He's also a good candidate in my opinion. He's a nuclear scientist, he has been targeted by Mossad and the CIA before (so he has no love for them), he has had important positions in the system before, and he sounds patriotic. I don't think the conservatives would go for someone like Saeed Mohammad. I think they want Ebrahim Raeesi to become the next president, or maybe Saeed Jalili.

I think most neo-conservatives (like the followers of Omid Dana) would vote for Saeed Mohammad, but judging from the signals, it seems that he doesn't have much support in the conservative camp, or the rest of the populaltion. If so, I think Fereydoon Abbasi is the second best. I won't vote for anyone as always though.

Fereydoon Abbasi has publicly declared that he will run for the President. He's also a good candidate in my opinion. I don't think the conservatives would go for someone like Saeed Mohammad. I think they want Ebrahim Raeesi to become the next president, or maybe Saeed Jalili.

I think most neo-conservatives (like the followers of Omid Dana) would vote for Saeed Mohammad, but judging from the signals, it seems that he doesn't have much support in the conservative camp. If so, I think Fereydoon Abbasi is the second best. I won't vote for anyone as always though.
Fereydoon Abbasi is also a very good candidate.. he has survived assassination attempt by Israel himself so it will be a personal battle for him if it comes to foreign policy. Saeed Mohammad is good too but he is a bit unknown. Jalili is also a decent candidate. Raisi should stick with the judiciary issues though.. that is the field where he is the most strongest.

Fereydoon Abbasi has publicly declared that he will run for the President. He's also a good candidate in my opinion. He's a nuclear scientist, he has been targeted by Mossad and the CIA before (so he has no love for them), he has had important positions in the system before, and he sounds patriotic. I don't think the conservatives would go for someone like Saeed Mohammad. I think they want Ebrahim Raeesi to become the next president, or maybe Saeed Jalili.

I think most neo-conservatives (like the followers of Omid Dana) would vote for Saeed Mohammad, but judging from the signals, it seems that he doesn't have much support in the conservative camp, or the rest of the populaltion. If so, I think Fereydoon Abbasi is the second best. I won't vote for anyone as always though.

Raeesi is being groomed as next Supreme Leader. He won’t run again. Him losing first time hurt his standing a bit until he was made head of judiciary.

Raeesi is being groomed as next Supreme Leader. He won’t run again. Him losing first time hurt his standing a bit until he was made head of judiciary.
I agree, he definitely has a high chance of becoming the next Supreme Leader, but I see a lot of people in the conservative party asking him to run again. Conservative media are talking about him all the time, even though he has shown no interest in running for the office. If he's smart, he should stay as the Head of the Judiciary, a title more fit for him in my opinion.

I agree, he definitely has a high chance of becoming the next Supreme Leader, but I see a lot of people in the conservative party asking him to run again. Conservative media are talking about him all the time, even though he has shown no interest in running for the office. If he's smart, he should stay as the Head of the Judiciary, a title more fit for him in my opinion.

He checks all the right boxes. IRGC likes him. conservatives bloc likes him. moderate conservative bloc likes him. He is relatively weak in terms of power (just like Khamenai was when he first rose to the position) so the factions can feel like they can influence him.

However, it was hoped he could become president and follow the same path that Khamenai took, but his loss kind of blunt the sails. Nonetheless the judiciary position showed the Republic still backs him.

At this point I don’t think it’s worth the risk to run again and lose to another conservative candidate or worse, a reformist. Lots of risk and not a lot of reward. Plus being in the president position will open him up to all sorts of attacks and if his presidency ends up being a lame duck (Rouhani like) he can then kiss the promotion good bye.

He checks all the right boxes. IRGC likes him. conservatives bloc likes him. moderate conservative bloc likes him. He is relatively weak in terms of power (just like Khamenai was when he first rose to the position) so the factions can feel like they can influence him.

However, it was hoped he could become president and follow the same path that Khamenai took, but his loss kind of blunt the sails. Nonetheless the judiciary position showed the Republic still backs him.

At this point I don’t think it’s worth the risk to run again and lose to another conservative candidate or worse, a reformist. Lots of risk and not a lot of reward. Plus being in the president position will open him up to all sorts of attacks and if his presidency ends up being a lame duck (Rouhani like) he can then kiss the promotion good bye.
Yeah, that's true. People don't like him though, but I guess that doesn't matter much in the Islamic Republic. Personally I hope that Khamenei would stay alive for another 10 years and then becomes the last Supreme Leader of Iran. I prefer a military fascist dictatorship to an Islamic one based on Velayat-e Faqih. Hopefully, the new generation of Iranians in the IRGC can one day take control and save the country from the mess it is today.

I prefer a military fascist dictatorship to an Islamic one based on Velayat-e Faqih.

military dictatorships rarely end in prosperity

And right now Israel (Bibi), Russia (Putin) and China (Xi Xiping) all are under pseudo dictatorships (unified leader) anyway. So Iran is not that much different, they just happen to use a cleric similar to the pope’s power during the Holy Roman Empire.

military dictatorships rarely end in prosperity

And right now Israel (Bibi), Russia (Putin) and China (Xi Xiping) all are under pseudo dictatorships (unified leader) anyway. So Iran is not that much different, they just happen to use a cleric similar to the pope’s power during the Holy Roman Empire.
Yes, I don't think a theocratic dictatorship can end in prosperity either. Dictatorships don't really do well when it comes to prosperity apparently. But it's not very surprising, you need to hold onto money and resources if you want to rule over others and force them to accept your opinion.

The problem with the IR is that it cannot realize Iran's potential. As a simple example, we can be one of the world's tourist spots with billions of dollars of tourist income, as well as foreign investments in our tourism industry and real estate, but we're not. All because of our Sharia laws, particularly compulsory hijab. Our population growth has been stunted and soon we will be the oldest country in the region. Mostly because our social values have greatly changed since the revolution, but our laws have not changed and are not flexible enough to change, because they're based on a book from 14 centuries ago.

Yeah, that's true. People don't like him though, but I guess that doesn't matter much in the Islamic Republic.

That would be erroneous on two counts:

1) What people think matters extremely in the Islamic Republic. Which is precisely why the Supreme Leader and IRGC are refraining from taking draconian, radical and coercive measures against the liberal fifth column devoted to serving the interests of Iran's existential enemies, given the considerable percentage of the population that is brainwashed by hostile, foreign-funded propangada media favorable to said liberal fifth column. That's how people-oriented the IR is, while at the same time managing to preserve red line imperatives. The IR has not just accomplished a miracle in the military deterrence realm, as PeeD would say. It has also done so in the political realm.

2) If that IranPoll study is something to go by - and let's not forget it correctly predicted Mahmud Ahmadinejad's reelection in 2009, as opposed to almost every other western source, then Hajj Ra'isi is one of the most popular political figures in Islamic Iran right now, with an extraordinarily elevated approval rate.

then becomes the last Supreme Leader of Iran. I prefer a military fascist dictatorship to an Islamic one based on Velayat-e Faqih.

Dictatorships don't really do well when it comes to prosperity apparently. But it's not very surprising, you need to hold onto money and resources if you want to rule over others and force them to accept your opinion.

Is there not kind of a contradiction between these two propositions? Either way, weak "democracies" are worse than so-called "dictatorships". Mohammad Mossadegh's government is a perfect case in point: kicked out after only two years of governance and thrown into the trash bin of history for daring to stand up to the imperialists. In fact the Islamic Republic over the past 40 years has shown how it's done. Any decent Mossadeghist should take heed.

Besides, the IR is no dictatorship at all. It is in fact one of the most democratic polities on earth - unfortunately so, I would personally add, since I believe that this exposes her to immense security risks she has to fend off at all times.

Hopefully, the new generation of Iranians in the IRGC can one day take control and save the country from the mess it is today.

Iran is very far from being in a "mess". It is actually one of the most thriving and successful nations in the world and certainly the most independent one as well as one of the most dignified ones.

Yes, I don't think a theocratic dictatorship can end in prosperity either.

The IR is not a dictatorship whatsoever. It is in fact much more democratic than western inverted totalitarian, liberal so-called "democracies". The day when one of the two major political camps in any western so-called "democracy" becomes enamored with Islamic Iran, and defines raprochment with Iran and following the Iranian model as its sole raison d'être, that day a western democracy will achieve to become as democratic and pluralistic as Islamic Iran.

As a simple example, we can be one of the world's tourist spots with billions of dollars of tourist income, as well as foreign investments in our tourism industry and real estate, but we're not. All because of our Sharia laws, particularly compulsory hijab.

Tourism? Khodavand ra shokr gozaram dah hezar martabeh ke Iran keshvare turisti nist. Mass tourism slowly but surely destroys Tradition, as well as it erodes national identity and values. It is the perfect vehicle for globalist subversion. A mass of scientific investigations has highlighted this.

Our population growth has been stunted and soon we will be the oldest country in the region. Mostly because our social values have greatly changed since the revolution, but our laws have not changed and are not flexible enough to change, because they're based on a book from 14 centuries ago.

Without the Islamic Republic, and namely with a westernized secularist liberal regime, it would be a thousand times worse. Population growth statistics of western regimes speak for themselves, as I demonstrated before.

The only reason why Iran's population growth has slowed is western liberal soft power and social engineering, imposed upon the Iranian population through vectors such as the internet and satellite TV. It has nothing to do with Tradition. If Tradition had been sidelined, outlooks would be incomparably bleaker.

Last edited:
That would be erroneous on two counts:

1) What people think matters extremely in the Islamic Republic. Which is precisely why the Supreme Leader and IRGC are refraining from taking draconian, radical and coercive measures against the liberal fifth column devoted to Iran's existential enemies. That's how people-oriented the IR is, why at the same time managing to preserve red line imperatives. The IR has nor just accomplished a miracle in the military deterrence realm, as PeeD will confirm. It has also done so in the political realm.

2) If that IranPoll study is something to go by - and let's not forget it correctly predicted Mahmud Ahmadinejad's reelection in 2009, as opposed to almost every other western source, then Hajj Ra'isi is one of the most popular political figures in Islamic Iran right now, with an extraordinarily elevated approval rate.

Is there not kind of a contradiction between these two propositions? Either way, weak "democracies" are worse than so-called "dictatorships". Mohammad Mossadegh's government is a perfect case in point: kicked out after only two years of governance and thrown into the trash bin of history for daring to stand up to the imperialists. In fact the Islamic Republic over the past 40 years has shown how it's done.

Besides, the IR is no dictatorship at all. It is in fact one of the most democratic polities on earth - unfortunately so, I would personally add, since I believe that this exposes her to immense security risks she has to fend off at all times.

Mess? Iran is in no "mess" whatsoever. It is actually one of the most thriving and successful nations in the world and certainly the most independent one as well as one of the most dignified ones.

The IR is not a "dictatorship" whatsoever. It is in fact much more democratic than western inverted totalitarian, liberal so-called "democracies". The day when one of the two major political camps in any western so-called "democracy" becomes enamored with Islamic Iran, and defines its sole purpose as .

Tourism? Thank God dah hezar martabe that Iran is not a major tourism spot. Mass tourism slowly but surely destroys Tradition, as well as national identity. It is the perfect vehicle for globalist subversion. A mass of scientific investigations have highlighted this.

Without the Islamic Republic, and namely with a westernized secularist liberal regime, it would be a thousand times worse. Population growth statistics of western regimes speak for themselves, as I demonstrated before.

The only reason why Iran's population growth has slowed is western liberal soft power and social engineering, imposed upon the Iranian population through vectors such as the internet and satellite TV. It has nothing to do with Tradition. If Tradition had been
What a load of nonsense. If you want to abide by your traditions, what are you doing abroad? If you can live abroad and keep your national identity, then tourism shouldn't have an effect on national identity either. Turkey has a much more patriotic population than ours, which adhere to their national identity and traditions strongly. A country where people sell their nuclear scientists and confidential documents for money or immigrating abroad has some serious issues in the national identity department.

Iran has a population growth that is comparable to Scandinavian countries. It's lower than all other countries in the region.

It's very simple. The constitution of Iran recognizes referendums. Hold a referendum over whether Iran wants to be like Turkey or the UAE, or like it is today, and then we will talk. Until then, the Islamic Republic remains a dictatorship.

And the JCPOA had nothing to do with the opinion of the people. The regime feared for its own existence, and hence they signed a deal that has been one of the most one-sided deals made by Iran in the last 100 years ago. It's a treasonous deal to say the least, and your favorite Supreme Leader approved it and have supported it since then.

Salar is right for the most part.. mass tourism will only cause national identity crisis which in the long term results in cultural disappearance (mostly). In 50,60 years there will be nothing left of countries exposed to this so called mass tourism. You think there will be a nation left of the likes of Thailand,France, UK etc within the next 100-200 years? The nations i used as example have a massive influx of tourism each year (not counting the corona crisis) which again leads to cultural disappearance. Have you taken a stroll on a random London street... how about Paris? The ethnic majority and the cultural influences of those countries are slowly diminishing. You mentioned Turkey.. they were exactly going the way of the countries i named but they are smart people loyal to their traditions and elected people who will preserve their national identity. Now i have nothing against interracial couples, marriages etc which happen due to chance, work or small scale tourism but there should absolutely be no encouragement of mass tourism like dadash Arian promotes unless you want the whole country to be filled with dirt,booze,prostitutes and drugs. These are anti-Iranian values.

3500+ dead in India in one day. China has offered to help India with medical aid and equipment. Modi has not responded to China. Covid-19 numbers are surging all over the world it seems.

bbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

Salar is right for the most part.. mass tourism will only cause national identity crisis which in the long term results in cultural disappearance (mostly). In 50,60 years there will be nothing left of countries exposed to this so called mass tourism. You think there will be a nation left of the likes of Thailand,France, UK etc within the next 100-200 years? The nations i used as example have a massive influx of tourism each year (not counting the corona crisis) which again leads to cultural disappearance. Have you taken a stroll on a random London street... how about Paris? The ethnic majority and the cultural influences of those countries are slowly diminishing. You mentioned Turkey.. they were exactly going the way of the countries i named but they are smart people loyal to their traditions and elected people who will preserve their national identity. Now i have nothing against interracial couples, marriages etc which happen due to chance, work or small scale tourism but there should absolutely be no encouragement of mass tourism like dadash Arian promotes unless you want the whole country to be filled with dirt,booze,prostitutes and drugs. These are anti-Iranian values.
Do you seriously think that Emirates and Turkey are losing their identities? Your example of Europe (mainly Western Europe) does not apply to us at all because we're not Europeans. Even more so for Thailand. We're closer to Europeans culturally than we are to Thai people. Has Egypt lost its national identity? What about India?

I don't see where people come up with notions like this. As a matter of fact, I have never seen people in any country suck up to tourists as much as Iranians do. So, your theory has apparently backfired.

مردم انقدر توریست ندیده شدن یه توریست که می‌بینند کم مونده دولا بشن جلوش. کجای دنیا دیدی توریست رو از تو خیابون ببرن خونه خودشون یارو مفت سرشون خراب شه بهش هزارجور سرویس هم بدن؟ مردم دارن از کشور به خاطر اینکه چهارتا آدم جدید ببینند فرار می‌کنند. این همه ورزشکار تو این سال‌ها که رفتن از ایران تمام پل‌های پشت سرشون رو هم خراب کردن. اینجوری دارین هویت ملی رو پاسداری می‌کنید؟​

If you want to abide by your traditions, what are you doing abroad? If you can live abroad and keep your national identity, then tourism shouldn't have an effect on national identity either.

Potential possibilities do not define the norm. Many things are possible, but these things aren't bound to accurately reflect probabilities. A traditionalist government has a responsibility to minimize the risks of subversion against Tradition, not to invite or encourage such risks.

Turkey has a much more patriotic population than ours, which adhere to their national identity and traditions strongly. A country where people sell their nuclear scientists and confidential documents for money or immigrating abroad has some serious issues in the national identity department.

Problem is that there's nothing traditional about modern secular nationalism. Secularism is in a fact a modernist subversion par excellence, a first step towards the "Universal Republic" devised by global zionism and masonry.

As for religious Turks, they're being led by the nose by their NATO- and zionist-allied, Dönme- and freemason-founded regime. No more and no less.

If you consider Istanbul with its cosmopolitan ambience, the many branches of multinational corporations present there, its gay pride events, night clubs and liquor shops as an example of Tradition in action, then further discussion will be futile. Same with the Mediterranean Turkish beach resorts, where hordes of tattooed British and German drunkards pollute the visual and social environment.

Iran has a population growth that is comparable to Scandinavian countries. It's lower than all other countries in the region.

We've had this discussion before and I sustained my point with hard evidence already. Iran is doing better than Scandinavian countries.

Turkey isn't really better off than Iran either. In other terms, secularization and development of tourism as per the Turkish model are not going to drive up Iran's birth rate.

It's very simple. The constitution of Iran recognizes referendums. Hold a referendum over whether Iran wants to be like Turkey or the UAE, or like it is today, and then we will talk. Until then, the Islamic Republic remains a dictatorship.

The Islamic Republic is probably the single most pluralistic, or democratic if you will, political system in the world.

Also, no political system anywhere holds referenda on its fundamental constitutional order. Referenda destined to determine the nature of a political system (unless held right after a major shift such as a revolution etc) are unheard of in the real world. Such talking points are typical of the exiled Iranian opposition (shahis, secular liberals etc). They are however misleading and detached from reality. So I would advise against echoing them.

And the JCPOA had nothing to do with the opinion of the people.

Sure it did. One would have to be either misinformed or dishonest to state that a large percentage of Iranians was not and is not misguided by the propaganda of the west and its domestic fifth column apologists.

Owing to the most comprehensive intoxication and mental manipulation campaign to have ever been imposed on a nation. In mankind's entire history, one will find no equivalent to this propaganda campaign targeting the Iranian people, both in volume and intensity as well as in sophistication and underhandedness. And it is precisely the popular mood generated by said propaganda which strengthened the hand of the domestic liberal faction within the IR and thus allowed them to impose the JCPoA on the Supreme Leader.

The regime feared for its own existence, and hence they signed a deal that has been one of the most one sided deals made by Iran in the last 100 years ago. It's a treasonous deal to say the least, and your favorite Supreme Leader approved it and have supported it since then.

1) The term "regime" with its negative connotations doesn't apply to Iran. Regimes, totalitarian ones at that, exist in the west however.

2) For more than 8 years, it had survived almost daily acute threats of military aggression under the criminal Bush jr. regime of Washington, when its deterrence power was not even a fraction of what it is today. Then the direct threat level diminished. So the IR was not driven by fear.

3) The Supreme Leader was coerced by domestic liberals, who not unlike you tend towards secularism and advocate globalist-compatible models of development - although unlike you, they also advocate submission to the west. The Supreme Leader has a responsibility to preserve civil peace, to strike a balance between political currents and is not really keen on implementing North Korean-style authoritarianism. Hence his approval of the JCPoA, out of lack of a better choice.

Plus, the Leader believes in the pedagogic virtues of 'mardom-salari', i.e. like a pragmatic father, he prefers to let the people experience first hand the fact that the US regime cannot be trusted and then draw the necessary lessons by themselves. And so, rather than resorting to dictatorial measures, he allowed the JCPoA to materialize, knowing perfectly well from the first day that it was not going to bring about the prosperity liberals promised it would.

From your comments it stems that you advocate democracy, as opposed to dictatorship. Well if that is so, then please harbor no illusion as to how a considerable percentage of your compatriots think, conditioned as they are by day-in day-out zio-American psy-ops and propaganda beamed into Iran by the likes of the globalist BBC Farsi: that segment of the population isn't interested in power projection whatsoever and would be more than happy to sell Iran's national sovereignty for a handful of breadcrumbs (or rather the superficial delusion thereof). That's the context in which the revolutionary, sovereignist factions of the IR have to operate.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's true. People don't like him though, but I guess that doesn't matter much in the Islamic Republic. Personally I hope that Khamenei would stay alive for another 10 years and then becomes the last Supreme Leader of Iran. I prefer a military fascist dictatorship to an Islamic one based on Velayat-e Faqih. Hopefully, the new generation of Iranians in the IRGC can one day take control and save the country from the mess it is today.

What to do with the priestly/clerical class though? While there is a tendency among neo-nationalists (both in Iran and outside) to dismiss the ruling priesthood of Iran's theocracy as an alien and foreign phenomenon that should bare no function in modern Iran, there is centuries of Iranian history going back to Achaemenid times in which a priestly class has always held sizeable influence over all kinds of worldly and metaphysical matters.

Herodotus for instance notes that Xerxes never made an important decision before consulting the Magi, who represented the professional Zoroastrian priesthood. They also accompanied Persian soldiers on military campaigns (note the similarities with Shia clerics performing religious duties for IRGC on military expeditions), and were represented at the King's court. In Sassanid times, the class of priests also held large sway over the empire. Heck, we even got a militant priest (Kartir) who mingled in political affairs and rose up to forcefully eradicate non-Iranian influences from Zoroastrianism.

The Iranian civilization (nothing has structurally changed besides going from Zoroastrian to Islam) has for the most part in its existence been characterized by its tripartite ideology - the division of functions between the class of priests, warriors and commoners. And while the warrior as a figure has a prominent and influential role in Iranian history and mythology, they have never led the social pyramid (unless elevated to kingship, like how Reza Shah as a military man established his own dynasty).

There is no precedent of a military dictatorship - or in other words, for the warrior class to become the apex of the social order - in Iran's entire 3000 year old history (and probably for good reasons). I am afraid that such upsetting of the fundamental and social order of Iranian society/civilization would result in extreme instability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom