What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Guys compared to other reformist, Zarif is honest. When that dirty interviewer said that the refueling of Russian bomber in Iran was against the constitution, Zarif was accurate and clean enough to counter that.

He said a true point for which I will use an example:

You run two businesses and have two managers, you like one of the businesses (battlefield) more, see a better future for it and invest more into it.
That was the situation with Zarif and Gen. Soleymani.
Zarif was not happy about that decision but accepted and worked well with it because that's what the boss decided. He directly said that this was the will of the people and he is just the servant (manager).

There is so much dirt in the current administration, why should anyone pick Zarif, probably the only honest soul there.

Zarif is a good orator and maybe a good deal maker but only with his hands full.
Zarif has good features and is for sure better than many others.

Your point is to some extent valid but Zarif should have been smart enough not to fall in their trap. He fell in the trap and that is a concern for someone with ZERO legacy left.

If you have ZERO legacy compared to Soleimani, you simply shut up until you achieve something.

No it is not. Don't write nonsense. Job of a Foreign minister is to tow the official state policy set by the government. In the case of Iran it is the estabilishment/rahbari.
Well i may be wrong but i rather have no foreign minister than have yes sir yes master yes Sahib one

Guys compared to other reformist, Zarif is honest. When that dirty interviewer said that the refueling of Russian bomber in Iran was against the constitution, Zarif was accurate and clean enough to counter that.

You run two businesses and have two managers, you like one of the businesses (battlefield) more, see a better future for it and invest more into it.
Zarif was not happy about that decision but accepted and worked well with it because that's what the boss decided. He directly said that this was the will of the people and he is just the servant (manager).

There is so much dirt in the current administration, why should anyone pick Zarif, probably the only honest soul there.
How can you call him honest after all the lies and deceptions surrounding the JCPOA? Even at the first day, when John Kerry and Zarif were holding a press conference to announce the deal, their stories were completely different.

More of you should listen to @PeeD instead of some other members of this board that try to make excuses for the whole system by blaming one man.

In 6 months Zarif will be gone and you can judge the entire Republic without the usual scapegoats.

the problem with Zarif is some people fear he may run for presidency and they don't want it . so they stated a smear campaign against him .
they don't care that he already stated several time that he knew his own limits and will not participate in election as a candidate

Iran is a statist power - Iran will ALWAYS keep military option as an investment, i cant imagine Iran in modern times not "investing" in its military "business".....that would have cost Iran its sovereignty if Iran didnt invest heavily in military self sufficiency..smh. wow...

More of you should listen to @PeeD instead of some other members of this board that try to make excuses for the whole system by blaming one man.

In 6 months Zarif will be gone and you can judge the entire Republic without the usual scapegoats.
u dont got nobody better than Zarif, lets keep it real!

@SalarHaqq

TheImmortal has come a long way. I remember that early on he was so anti-Iran or at least anti-IR on this forum, that I basically ignored him.
Instead of arguing with him, he slowly saw the news about Irans military and other things and changed his totally-anti-Iran stance.

I don't feel offended when he criticizes Iranians abroad, many of them are indeed of the lowest cultural spectrum of Iran. Also not some politicians inside Iran, as said the interviewer of Zarif disgusted me too and I feel ashamed about such people holding high position ("typical low culture Iranian male").
So between patriots its ok to criticize.

To answer you, no, I don't think IR is a failed system and I don't think Immortal thinks that either by now.

Instead of arguing with people here, my way is to enlighten them. Seriously, if I wouldn't know about Irans military power and its missile forces in detail, I may would be anti-IR too, more so if my family told me so since my birth.
So don't fight such kind of Iranians and try to show them facts. The core of Iranians is often patriotic, no need to fight them and thus harden their anti-IR/pro-west stance.

The most important question is if Zarif will shut up after his term or will keep throwing in his BS like Ahmadinejad or Khatami.
Zarif probably will be given one of his previous posts. He is the face of islamic republic of iran and it can't be discarded so easily .

Zarif probably will be given one of his previous posts. He is the face of islamic republic of iran and it can't be discarded so easily .

He was tricked into a trap and that will likely happen again.

I was all for Zarif as Iranian orator. Now I am remorseful.
We have to look for another good orator.

The damage was also to Kerry too. This was not random event.

Another issue is who leaked it andخلخالی
میخواهیم

This should be a hard end for five guys. Harder than Zarif.
درس عبرت

@SalarHaqq
I don't feel offended when he criticizes Iranians abroad, many of them are indeed of the lowest cultural spectrum of Iran.

Neither would I have any issues with this. However I never saw that specific user criticize Iranians living abroad. He basically only insults (rather than criticizes, I would say) Iranians back home.

Also not some politicians inside Iran, as said the interviewer of Zarif disgusted me too and I feel ashamed about such people holding high position ("typical low culture Iranian male").
So between patriots its ok to criticize.

See brother, your comment right here highlights the subtle yet decisive difference between that user's antics and your healthy (self-)critical outlook. Here you clearly made use of nuanced, differentiating semantics: "some politicians inside Iran", "typical low culture Iranian male" - not "typical Iranian male" sui generis, as that user wrote. You're thinking of a specific category within Iranian society, the user however is thinking Iranian society as a whole.

In my opinion, his categorical generalizations exceed the boundaries of the sort of legitimate self-reflection you are referring to. A patriot in his right mind for instance would never say "Iranian women are the biggest whores I have ever seen", because:

1) It's simply not true, and every "patriot" ought to know it. Especially if that person resides and has grown up in the land that is the source and cause of the prevailing global sexual degeneracy and perversion, i.e. the USA, and is most affected by it too. It is simply preposterous to pretend such a thing, when it is plain obvious that there are masses of decent, chaste religious women in Iran, and when their proportions by far exceed those of their equivalents in western countries.

2) It is insulting. You are talking of your own kin, even if you want to lament the misbehaviour of some amongst them, you will use different terminology and show some akhlagh, not behave like some foul mouthed American insulting other nations. This does not reflect the Iranian culture and upbringing I am familiar with, but rather a westernized, neurotic type of attitude if not a deeply hostile one.

Let me give you another example: in his recent exchange of insults with "Dariush the Great", the user under discussion claimed he would hit the latter's "ugly Persian nose"... Seriously? Ethnic slurs against one's own people by a supposed patriot? Now I wouldn't be able to follow anyone on this if they argued that such language too is admissible between patriots. I have only ever witnessed this sort of thing among the ghettoized, uprooted and oppressed Black American population. But this user is from an entirely different social-economic background. Looking around, I have never encountered tolerance for this particular sort of rhetoric among patriotic elements of any nationality anywhere, to be honest.

To answer you, no, I don't think IR is a failed system and I don't think Immortal thinks that either by now.

Thanks for your confirmation. Then may I also invite you to consider henceforth that individual's comments about the JCPoA and about Iranian foreign policy in general, which he seeks to portray as failures or symbols of weakness and incompetence all around (if the examples I quoted do not suffice).

In short, you are of the opinion (please correct me if I'm wrong) that reformists / moderates and revolutionaries in Iran act overall in concert or in conformity with each other, and that this mutual interplay has largely been a success that has strengthened Iran's position in the international and domestic arenas, served her interests and is securing her future.

This individual however is trying to suggest to Iranian users here that both political camps are utter losers and failures. Indeed, as we know, the user repeatedly comes up with his rant about the JCPoA supposedly being the "Supreme Leader's deal" (an incorrect analysis in my opinion, as I believe it was forced upon the Supreme Leader, who did not like to acquiesce to it and has a very different vision for Iran's future development, but saw himself obliged to do so in order to avoid civil war; the liberals most of the time do have the means and will to threaten triggering civil war or to threaten the stability of the entire system in a game of brinkmanship and political extortion against the Leader, much like they tried to do in 2009 - but my personal take does not stand to debate here).

Now, whenever this individual comes up with that particular talking point, he always does so in response to those of us who consider the JCPoA either as an act of treason or as a grave political mistake, and as the brainchild and flagship project of the sole liberal camp. And what does he then respond? He doesn't claim that the JCPoA, while having been conceived jointly by both factions within the system, is actually anything but a sign of systemic policy failure or weakness, like you would argue. No. Instead, this individual will only express the first part of the proposition, and never claims he does not consider it a failure. As if to say: "you people who scapegoat the liberals should in fact realize that the entire IR is guilty of what you accuse the liberals of. You are right to be angry / disappointed / etc, but you should direct this at the IR in general, not just at the liberals within the system" (he also spells out this sort of idea quite explicitly, by the way).

This is consistent with his rhetoric about corruption, where at every mention of the malpractice of liberal officials (under whose rule, during Hashemi Rafsanjani's presidency, significant levels of corruption were actually introduced for the first time in the IR), the individual in question will jump in to portray the IRGC and revolutionary forces as "equally corrupt". He repeatedly labelled Iran (sui generis, with no differentiation) as a "mafia society". The way I see it, the person has nothing much positive to say about the IR (and not even about Iran), and it seems to me their aim is to prevent users from identifying the liberal camp as the actual faulty one, only to encourage them to oppose the system as a whole.

The user's propensity to take US and zionist propaganda at face value is another aspect I find disturbing. On key events and issues, the user treats zio-American sources as trustworthy while dismissing Iranian ones. When things aren't too clear, the user will more often than not favor the enemy's narrative over Iran's. He even quoted the Kuwaiti Al-Jarida newspaper recently to support his assertion that sardar Hejazi has been assassinated. This is while informed observers are fully aware that Al-Jarida is nothing but a Mossad front used to disseminate fake news, either for psy-ops reasons or to communicate cryptic messages to local agents or associated services. It is the same newspaper which claimed that zionist F-35's had overflown Iran unhindered (a claim the user ironically rejects), and many other such obvious fabrications. Zionists do not even seek to hide the fact that Al-Jarida is a fake news outlet, and some of them even indirectly admit as much. Yet to that user, it is good enough a source. However if Al-Jarida carries the story, chances are that it is not factual, in reality. And posts like that get "liked" by some members who are just not sufficiently informed and therefore fall prey to whatever is being put to them.

Lastly, the user treated sardar Hajizadeh, whom I believe you rightfully appreciate - as every patriotic Iranian with a sound understanding of reality should, as a "liar", adding: "I recognize a liar when I see one".

I'll leave it at that. To each his opinion, afterall. Regards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom