What's new

Iranian Aviation Products..military and civilian

So there is zero interoperability among pilots and crews. One pilot/technician has to get massive training on fighter-trainer versions of an aircraft before getting operational on another machine. It's a waste of time/energy/resources to have so many different platforms with different training programs for them. If IRIAF gets its advanced training squadron of 12 x Yasin AT with the same avionics package of Kowsar with IEI e warfare package, Bayenat-II radars with HMD slaved Fatter missiles etc. Pilots who train on them can go to ... Kowsar-I, F-4E/D (dowran upgraded at Busher), Kowsar-II in future, whichever aircraft gets IEI SAIRAN upgrade (MIG?). This happens because they have operated and trained themselves on same-origin electronics, and systems. It IMPROVES combat efficiency multifold without

My assumption is that Yasin is another one of those "Saeqeh" like projects or its variant will get operational but maybe only some 1 training squadron at best.
why waste 1 production line for producing only one squadron of Yasin , train those damn Pilots on the converted f-5e or new two sit kowsar. I assure you they all have Sa'Iran electronic . Yasin project is a waste of resource

why waste 1 production line for producing only one squadron of Yasin , train those damn Pilots on the converted f-5e or new two sit kowsar. I assure you they all have Sa'Iran electronic . Yasin project is a waste of resource

I am not an advocate of Yasin either. I see it as an ego-driven project of some team in HESA that wanted to prove they can make an indigenous AT with modern avionics, cockpits, and local engines. Its forced utility can be in form of a few aircraft/one advanced training squadron where future pilots/technicians of Kowsar-I/II, F-14AM, F-4E/D Dowran can get some training certificates. The same job can be done with the newly built 2-seat Kowsar-I where instead of stop gaping the training course through an AT, pilots can just jump directly to a combat fighter with real battle avionics systems. This squadron will cost around 100 million USD and can be put at Doshan Tappeh School of Combat Aviation.

Based upon the information from aviation magazines, zero evidence exists that Iran ever touched their SU-24's avionics. Even the MIG upgradation was rudimentary. Russians do not tolerate their equipment being touched without their own companies from Belarus, Serbia etc making big profits in name of upgrades. I am not sure how SU-22 got this extensive upgrade but IRGC has personal relations with Russians. They managed to purchase SU-25 out of nowhere some years ago, also T-90SM, SU-22 were upgraded and all sent to Syria and Iraq.

IEI was not a big contributor to IRIAF but it has turned the tables in the last 5-7 years. Now we have Kowsar-I with Bayynat-II, F-14AM with IEI digitalized AWG9+, F-4E/D Dowran with Bayyenat-II, Absar SAR on IRIAF UCAVs, tons of other avionics packages like e-warfare suites, FBW controls of actuators, etc all done by IEI.

Iran made landing gear for F-5 video in 2012 Kish airshow..at 0.42 sec

1658258781068.png

We need best resolution screenshots of that in case the video gets deleted. It goes to KOWSAR-I slides.

Last edited:
Fatter Air-to-Air Sidewinder

Guidance:
Allaspect Thermal (IIR) seeker (shown below). Advantage: IR/UV sensor hard to be decoyed
Length: 2.7 M
Aerodynamics:
AIM-9J/P
Diameter: 0.127 M
Weight: 88 KG
Steering mechanism:
Canards and Fins with Rollerons
Warhead: Proximity fuse
Range: 40 KM

1659252975717.png
1659253058221.png
1659253125797.png
1659253203152.png
1659253255470.png

1659395930656.png
1659396581566.png

Azarakhsh (Air-to-ground)

Guidance:
Allaspect Thermal (IIR) seeker
Length: 3.1 M
Weight: 70 KG
Aerodynamics:
AIM-9J/P/B
Propulsion: Smokeless booster
Steering mechanism: Shown with Rollerons as well but test video showed 4 separate Actuators for 4 canards. Roll axis control (similar to AIM-9X). Pitch, yaw and roll axis are steered in a combined way.
Range: 10 KM

1659244403228.png
1659244452911.png
1659244652332.png

Fatter Air-to-Air Sidewinder

Guidance:
Allaspect Thermal (IIR) seeker (shown below). Advantage: IR/UV sensor hard to be decoyed
Length: 2.7 M
Aerodynamics:
AIM-9J/P
Weight: 88 KG
Steering mechanism:
Canards and Fins with Rollerons
Range: 40 KM

View attachment 866592View attachment 866596View attachment 866598View attachment 866600View attachment 866602
View attachment 867068View attachment 867070

Azarakhsh (Air-to-ground)

Guidance:
Allaspect Thermal (IIR) seeker
Length: 3.1 M
Weight: 70 KG
Aerodynamics:
AIM-9J/P/B
Propulsion: Smokeless booster
Steering mechanism: Shown with Rollerons as well but test video showed 4 separate Actuators for 4 canards. Roll axis control (similar to AIM-9X). Pitch, yaw and roll axis are steered in a combined way.
Range: 10 KM

View attachment 866553View attachment 866554View attachment 866555
Would be great if you also do any BVR that Iran has or working on..you did a great piece about Fakur 90..BVR is now what everyone talking about...you mentioned a new version of Fakur. Also Iranian Maverick

Would be great if you also do any BVR that Iran has or working on..you did a great piece about Fakur 90..BVR is now what everyone talking about...you mentioned a new version of Fakur. Also Iranian Maverick

Yes Fakour Slide is here

1659400953279.png

I only know Maghsoud LR-BVR which is being developed at Babaei Missile Industries as an ARH 200 KM ranging LR-BVR missile for F-14AM (sadly the only platform). They showed it when Amir Hatami was the DM and he visited the facility but media as usual messed up the presentation and could not even lay the camera sight on this weapon. I first saw it on Military.IR. No further news ever came except BT saying that it was supposed to be tested in 2021.

1659401554810.png

Yes Fakour Slide is here

View attachment 867076

I only know Maghsoud LR-BVR which is being developed at Babaei Missile Industries as an ARH 200 KM ranging LR-BVR missile for F-14AM (sadly the only platform). They showed it when Amir Hatami was the DM and he visited the facility but media as usual messed up the presentation and could not even lay the camera sight on this weapon. I first saw it on Military.IR. No further news ever came except BT saying that it was supposed to be tested in 2021.

View attachment 867077
Has the specifications sheet for Maghsoud been released?

I am almost losing hope of it's development.

Yaseen Jet Trainer
  • Function: Jet Trainer
  • Construction: All Iranian components including.. Jet engines, airframe, digital Avionics..Ejection seat, Landing gear
    Yaseen_3.jpg
    Yaseen_2.jpg
    Yaseen_1.png
Yaseen development team last year.
Update:
1661689920004.png

Yasin Jet trainer being promoted in Russian Aviation exhibition....It appears that this jet trainer is aimed at export market..I have heard few years ago of price tag as low as $6 million dollars !!!

@Hack-Hook
@aryobarzan

Here we need the following:

Toloue series turbojets & turbofans
Owj Turbojet
Newly announced heavy Turbofan
Owj and jahesh already covered in page 1...as for drone engines we need a completely separate Drone section that will include Toloue series engines...the New heavy Tubofan..by all means if you have any info..just my thoughts..

Back
Top Bottom