What's new

Iranian Arabs

But where? I do not know any Lur in person nor is there any Iranian Lur members here?! Is there a Lur forum? Are there many Lurs in Netherlands among the Iranian community?

You have to go to Texas if you r looking to find Lurs in USA :D
I know only one Lur here, he is my colleague, a very cool guy, but he is outside now, what is your question? Maybe I could ask him?

url.gif

Bakhtiari Army (I think marched toward Tehran?) @Surenas please correct my mistakes

LOR.jpg

A Lur woman?

95233696063476198821.jpg

Baghmalek protests! Wow these names r cool lol :D

Correct, they invaded Tehran back then. And yes, thats a Lori woman. They have regularly shooting competitions.

I am proud of them protesting for their dignity. :D

You have to go to Texas if you r looking to find Lurs in USA :D
I know only one Lur here, he is my colleague, a very cool guy, but he is outside now, what is your question? Maybe I could ask him?

Just cuisine and that Esfandiari name. Probably many more but it would be nice if there was an Iranian Lur member here.

@Ahriman come here.

@Surenas

What was said about them since it caused such a big controversy? Are they hot heated people in general or what?

What was said about them since it caused such a big controversy? Are they hot heated people in general or what?

I've heard that program told that Bakhtiaris were 'servants of the British' and thus were traitors. They are not heated people, as long as you don't mess with their name, honor and hospitality. :D

Protests erupt against a TV show in Iran

Just cuisine and that Esfandiari name. Probably many more but it would be nice if there was an Iranian Lur member here.

@Ahriman come here.

@Surenas

What was said about them since it caused such a big uprear?

no problem bro i will ask him! ;)
but i dont think if ahriman comes back, last i rmember he was upset about fights between rmi5 and surenas.

Their lineage is Arab. But obviously they are mixed today. But a lot of the Iranian clergy came from the Arab world during the Safavids. That is well documented and well-known. Read my link. Plenty of sources.
Abu nawas was not an arab because if he was why the Ba'ath fascist regime change a street in his name in Iraq

Abu nawas was not an arab because if he was why the Ba'ath fascist regime change a street in his name in Iraq

Do not troll here like you do with other threads.

Abū Nuwās al-Ḥasan ibn Hānī al-Ḥakamī. He was from the Banu Hakam tribe. Originally a tribe from Jazan, KSA.

Banu Hakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/حكم_(قبيلة)

His father was an Arab but his mother was Persian. Maybe because of that? I do not know. He was born in Ahwaz nearly 1300 years ago.

Abu Nuwas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard that program told that Bakhtiaris were 'servants of the British' and thus were traitors. They are not heated people, as long as you don't mess with their name, honor and hospitality. :D

Protests erupt against a TV show in Iran

LOL. Which ethnic group/people are the most hot headed in Iran btw?

@Surenas

What are those round white hats called? Is it a Lurs trait?

@rmi5

Dear, do you know about the Lurs cuisine? It would be interesting to know. Is there any Lur Iranian here on this forum other than the one I once spoke to? He seems to have vanished?

They are not very well-known. Not much is written about them but they seem very interesting and as I have told a few times most Arabs with partial Iranian ancestry are either of a Persian or Lur stock likewise the Iranians who moved to the Arab world, mainly the Arabian Peninsula and parts of Iraq. They are either Persian or Lur.

Bakhtiaris are part of lurs. more precisely, from the tribal point of view, they are called the "Big Lur tribes", while lurs in Lurestan and ilam are called the "small Lur tribes". They are not kurd at all, and they get very mad if you call them so. They are very nationalistic and care for blood and dignity and their roots. Anyway, Bakhtiaris care more for their tribal roots than Lurs. Bakhtiaris and Lurs in general are mostly close to persian than any other ethnicity. their cuisine is very close to persians. except for turks and south caspians, I like them the most between Iranian ethnicities. They are generally much more open minded about women than persians and kurds, and they are very fun and happy people compared to persians and kurds. BTW, they love Brno rifles. vz. 24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and many of them have this old rifle in their homes.

Khanoum is not a surname, its a title, "Lady Dilber" , we didn't had surnames in the past.

Erdoğan's name is composed of "Er"(warrior) and "Doğan"(hawk), although as far as I know he's of Muslim Georgian descent.

Kurds and Turks. :D

Correct @Irajgholi ?

So Iranian Arabs are not hot-headed or what?:lol::D

Khanoum is not a surname, its a title, "Lady Dilber" , we didn't had surnames in the past.

Erdoğan's name is composed of "Er"(warrior) and "Doğan"(hawk), although as far as I know he's of Muslim Georgian descent.

Oh, thanks. That explains it. How was the ethnic makeup of Istanbul 180 years ago? How common is Dilber? Is it common outside of Turkey?

Loris are culturally more closer to Kurds than to Persians. And most of them would even acknowledge this. Like Irajgholi said, Northern Loris are more inclined to Kurds.

Do not troll here like you do with other threads.

Abū Nuwās al-Ḥasan ibn Hānī al-Ḥakamī. He was from the Banu Hakam tribe. Originally a tribe from Jazan, KSA.

Banu Hakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/حكم_(قبيلة)

His father was an Arab but his mother was Persian. Maybe because of that? I do not know. He was born in Ahwaz nearly 1300 years ago.

Abu Nuwas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL. Which ethnic group/people are the most hot headed in Iran btw?
I am not trolling the Ba'ath regime changed a name of street that was named after him because he was iranian

Back
Top Bottom