What's new

Iranian Arabs

@Irajgholi @Surenas

Was there not once a Iranian user who said that we has a Lur? I remember talking with him were we came to the conclusions of Lurs and Bedouins having many culturally similarities and way of living. At least traditionally.

What about that other semi-nomadic group of people in Iran? Qashqai? I have read that they are of all kind of origins (Turk, Persian, Lur, Arab etc.).

They also live around Lurs, Arabs and Persians in the Southern parts of Iran (Khuzestan, Fars etc. province)
Qashqai (pronounced [qaʃqaːʔiː]; also spelled Ghashghai, Ghashghay, Gashgai, Gashgay, Kashkai , Qashqay, Qashqa'iand Qashqai: قشقایی) are mixed clans of different ethnic origins, including Persian, Lori, Kurdish, Arab and Turkic.[2]

Qashqai people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any Iranian user from their people here?

I love cuisine in general and whenever I met a person from the Arab world, ME or outside of it I always ask about their regions cuisine, LOL. It can lead to a lot of things.

When you are raised in a certain climate you become tougher which is why many women are tough as nails in the region especially ones from Nomadic groups or mountainous/ desert regions.

They have migrated to other places last decades, but their original bases are those two provinces. I do not really know about their special cuisine, but Kurds usually claim that Loris are part of the Kurdish people. Some Loris acknowledge that, while others claim they are Persian, while being culturally close to Kurds.

From personal experience I have seen that Lurs from Luristan would like to be linked to Kurds while Lurs in Southern provinces consider themselves Persian. I have seen both Kurds and Persians arguing on this issue several times.

Speaking of Lurs :D Just a personal experience, never ever mess with them, they're very kind people, they take care of their guests and their priority is their guests / friends, so lets say if you are a guest / stranger in a Lurish city, if you get into trouble they never going to gangup on you. But god help those who have angered the Lurs either willingly or unwillingly. This is coming from a Turk who takes pride in his heritage, and its also difficult for me to say this, but I'm serious when I tell you that Lurs are bunch of badass cowboys! I will share a personal story in this regard in a more appropriate time.

Bro, do you know jokes about Lors? I've heard they are being made fun of due to their funny accent. :D

But I have to say this, but Lors are really, really, really nice people. Perhaps the most nicest in Iran, although you can't really say that.

Many of them also went as volunteers fighting in the Iran-Iraq War as well:

703586_10151177534372308_1626764848_o.jpg

@Surenas

What are those round white hats called? Is it a Lurs trait?

@rmi5

Dear, do you know about the Lurs cuisine? It would be interesting to know. Is there any Lur Iranian here on this forum other than the one I once spoke to? He seems to have vanished?

They are not very well-known. Not much is written about them but they seem very interesting and as I have told a few times most Arabs with partial Iranian ancestry are either of a Persian or Lur stock likewise the Iranians who moved to the Arab world, mainly the Arabian Peninsula and parts of Iraq. They are either Persian or Lur.

@Irajgholi @Surenas

Was there not once a Iranian user who said that we has a Lur? I remember talking with him were we came to the conclusions of Lurs and Bedouins having many culturally similarities and way of living. At least traditionally.

What about that other semi-nomadic group of people in Iran? Qashqai? I have read that they are of all kind of origins (Turk, Persian, Lur, Arab etc.).

They also live around Lurs, Arabs and Persians in the Southern parts of Iran (Khuzestan, Fars etc. province)

I love cuisine in general and whenever I met a person from the Arab world, ME or outside of it I always ask about their regions cuisine, LOL. It can lead to a lot of things.

Well that's because many consider Bakthiaris and Lurs to be the same actually. Its actually not far from the truth. They have a very close relation with each other.

I don't have exact information about that but I know that Bakthiaris always had a very friendly relations with Iranian-Arabs.

Yes, definitely there has been marriage between Qashqaeis and Lurs no doubt about that. I think Surenas and Abii have Qashqaei heritage.

@Irajgholi @Surenas

@Ahriman is Bakthiari, so basically a Lor.

@Abii is (partially) Qashqai, while my father's family claimed that we are partially Qashqai as well, but I do not know for sure, since I do not have good contacts with my father's family.

Ahriman and al-hasani would be at each others throats. Ahriman is ultra nationalists hates everything Arab. :rofl:

I wonder what happen to Rustam he was the best Iranian member he even spoke Urdu but in a funny way. :toast_sign:

Ahriman and al-hasani would be at each others throats. Ahriman is ultra nationalists hates everything Arab. :rofl:

LOL. I spoke with him a few times. I think that he went by another name/user before. The Iranian based in the US who had his own business? Nanotechnology I think it was. Young. My age. We have had plenty discussions before. Don't recall any problems.

But there was another Iranian who was a Lur. It's him that I talked about but he vanished and I can't remember his username.

Bro, do you know jokes about Lors? I've heard they are being made fun of due to their funny accent.

Lol, Lurs have a very high tolerance for jokes. I have a Lur friend who always tells us jokes about Lurs :D
By the way, one thing that I noticed, both in USA and in Iran is that Lurs have a very special interest in powerlifting. Don't know why exactly?!

Bakthiaris are famous nationalists. As I told a couple of posts ago, they went to the streets yesterday because a program on the Iranian State TV insulted them. They chanted that 'he who insults Bakthiaris, insults the Arian race' and with banners that they are the original Iranians.

Here you can see elderly Loris saluting the tomb of Cyrus the Great:

بختیاری%20یعنی%20کوروش،کوروش%20یعنی%20ایران،ایران%20یعنی%20بختیاری.jpg

Lol, Lurs have a very high tolerance for jokes. I have a Lur friend who always tells us jokes about Lurs :D
By the way, one thing that I noticed, both in USA and in Iran is that Lurs have a very special interest in powerlifting. Don't know why exactly?!

Perhaps because they usually consider themselves to be the strongmen of Iran. In my family bodybuilding is popular too. I'll guess its a status for them.

LOL. I spoke with him a few times. I think that he went by another name/user before. The Iranian based in the US who had his own business? Nanotechnology I think it was. Young. My age. We have had plenty discussions before. Don't recall any problems.

But there was another Iranian who was a Lur. It's him that I talked about but he vanished and I can't remember his username.

I don't think you ever spoke to ahriman though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom