What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

You thieves are nothing without west support. 1.8 billion Muslims can throw you to hell anytime
Yeah seems like the Shia-Sunni divide won't allow that to happen

1) The MQ-4C incident proved the effectiveness of our air defense systems.

2) AIM54 Phoenix missile was used by F14 Tomcats. Only Iran and the US were operators of the F14 and the US decided to discard all their F14s and their spare parts in 2005 to prevent Iran from accessing them through the black market. So, there's no surprise that nobody operates Phoenix missiles anymore as nobody except Iran and the US had it in the first place.

3) What makes Green Pine superior to the radars Iran has? Be specific. Iran has OTH radars that cover as far as Western Europe.

4) That's your claim. Our claim is more like 30%.

So, it let 67% of the rockets pass and intercepted only 90% of those rockets that it could lock on successfully. So, its success rate is more like 27% then.

5) Please. The reputation of your Merkava tanks was lost forever after the 2006 war. Launch a new war against Hezbollah if you think you can handle them better this time.

6) Too bad that we have replicated Spike: https://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/29187

7) You can't build your engines. End of the story.

8) Wait 10 to 20 years and you will see which one is a waste of money.

I think I have explained to you the situation before. Israel is like a subject on a surgery table where the doctor just enjoys placing his knife on him. We are literally operating on you without anesthesia through our proxies. You can throw a punch or kicks once in a while for survival, but at the end of the day, it is you who is on the operating table. And our knife is getting closer and closer to your chest to take your heart out. Now keep throwing your punches and kicks. The situation is still the same.
1) USSR Shot down a similarily sized U-2 flying at higher altitude (21.3km) at around the same speed in 1960, this was no achievement.

2) Yeah, doesn't change my point, this missile is retired, the missile's velocity and range is the same as the AIM-54, it doesn't mean the AIM54 or Fakour is better than systems with lesser range or speed. Your planes will be shot down like flies if we fought, you wouldn't detect the F-35 and the F15s and F16s will easily jam all your missiles.

3) OTH radars may only be useful for providing information on ballistic missile threat, no guidance, no specifics.

Green Pine has huge range, guidance ability, and it can transmit so many watts of power to it's target it's essentially also an electronic warfare device that can fry anything it looks at.

4) You measure accuracy percentage by shots hit divided by shots fired times 100. In that regard, the systems accuracy is 90%.

The Iron Dome has a system that calculates the trajectory of the incoming rockets and checks if it endangers populated areas. A very smart and cost effective measure.

5) Hezbollah puppets and Iran remain quiet when we bomb them. Merkavas are more protected than ever.

6) Your cheap, low quality alleged replications will never reach our level.

7) It's not cost effective. So we don't. We have the expertise to.

8) Let's count how many Qassem Sulimanis will be killed and how many times we will bomb your forces all over the Middle East by then.

Yes of course, you are letting us bomb you for your amusement.

Did u faced a superior system so far?

Iron dome was built to intercept DIY fireworks... not missile or guided rockets, or anything targating it...

Okay, arrow and david sling has no operational histoty, but patriot, 3rd khordad, buk and pantasir has in recent years.

Green pine nerver faced what it was deainged to face..so far DIY fireworks and Russian old junks craps (over israel, syria and neighbours ).

Recently patriot failed in ain al asad and aramco, but It's no wise speculated things about ur system based on patriot..

Copying the apperence and design has nothing to do with copying the full system, even python design was derived or inspired by aim-9x sidewinde. Its may apperently looks fakur and aim54 are the same but every thing inside is changed from seeker to senors, electronics and Algorithms. Its also a trap to copy 100% of ur rival's system.

And for merkava, is nothing but a nice looking junk that u can offer.

Yes u have good electronics industry derived from USA but that doesn't colclude u develops superior system. And only indians feels so much fantasy over ur toys. Others just enjoys.
There are no superior systems compared to ours.

Iron Dome effectively thwarts rocket threats, your Fajar 5 is definitely not a firework, but the Iron Dome can intercept it. It can also target drones flying not in a straight line. Iron Dome can intercept manuevering targets too.

Arrow 2 intercepted S-200 missile fired from Syria upon F-16s.
Davids Sling successfully intercepted many targets in missile tests.

BUK and Pantsirs were humiliated by Israeli and Turkish drones on more than a dozen occassions.

Green Pine detected every missile launch, jet and drone flying hundreds of kilometers away from Israeli borders, including your supposed stealthy RQ170 copy that penetrated Israeli territroy and got shot down.

Davids Sling replaces the Patriot, the mistake of the Saudis doesn't reflect upon our capability.

Python isn't derived from AIM9, different design and capability.
I doubt your Fakur will be of any use against our airforce. 160 kilometers range is against a Boeing 747 sized target flying in a straight line towards the missile.

2) Your Fakour is just a copy of a decades old AIM54 Phoenix missile that no one uses anymore and has the same characteristics as the old missile. You think the AIM54/Fakour is more advanced than a Python 5 or a I-Derby-ER or the AMRAAM that replaced the AIM54, just because it has more range and higher maximum speed?
Those values are worthless if the missile misses the target.
two complete different missile , the similarity between two system is as deep as their skin

Yeah seems like the Shia-Sunni divide won't allow that to happen

1) USSR Shot down a similarily sized U-2 flying at higher altitude (21.3km) at around the same speed in 1960, this was no achievement.

2) Yeah, doesn't change my point, this missile is retired, the missile's velocity and range is the same as the AIM-54, it doesn't mean the AIM54 or Fakour is better than systems with lesser range or speed. Your planes will be shot down like flies if we fought, you wouldn't detect the F-35 and the F15s and F16s will easily jam all your missiles.

3) OTH radars may only be useful for providing information on ballistic missile threat, no guidance, no specifics.

Green Pine has huge range, guidance ability, and it can transmit so many watts of power to it's target it's essentially also an electronic warfare device that can fry anything it looks at.

4) You measure accuracy percentage by shots hit divided by shots fired times 100. In that regard, the systems accuracy is 90%.

The Iron Dome has a system that calculates the trajectory of the incoming rockets and checks if it endangers populated areas. A very smart and cost effective measure.

5) Hezbollah puppets and Iran remain quiet when we bomb them. Merkavas are more protected than ever.

6) Your cheap, low quality alleged replications will never reach our level.

7) It's not cost effective. So we don't. We have the expertise to.

8) Let's count how many Qassem Sulimanis will be killed and how many times we will bomb your forces all over the Middle East by then.

Yes of course, you are letting us bomb you for your amusement.

1) And you think that the USSR didn't have good air defense systems? What's your point exactly?

2) That doesn't matter. Mithridates gave you a good response. AIM-260 JATM is based on AIM-120 AMRAAM. There's a 2000 kilometer distance between Tehran and Tel Aviv. There's no way that Israel can use its F16s and F15s against Iran. And talking about stealth jet fighters in absolute terms is meaningless. Even an F22 jet fighter at a distance of 50 kilometers won't be stealth anymore. And I'm not even talking about Chinese radars like JY-27 that have detected F22 earlier. Germans have successfully detected F35 as well.

3) It depends on the radar. Iran's Sepehr OTH radar is an early warning system that covers as far as Western Europe. Iran's Ghadir 3D phased array radar can detect jet fighters at a maximum range of 1,100 kilometers and at a maximum altitude of 300 kilometers. It can detect stealth jet fighters at a distance of 600 kilometers.

4) We were talking about the success rate I think and it should be measured as the number of successful interceptions over the number of rockets/missiles fired at you. If a potential enemy fires 100 missiles at you and your system fails to lock on 99 missiles but locks on one missile and destroys it successfully, the success rate of your system won't be 100%, but rather 1%.

5) Because we have a long term strategy for our presence in Syria. We won't let your noise distract us from our objectives in Syria.

6) That's just your claim. You have nothing to support it. We have previously replicated your drones and US drones and Israeli officials and experts have confirmed that our replicas were indeed sophisticated.

7) You are receiving billions of dollars of aid and compensation from countries like the US and Germany. So money is not an issue for you because you won't pay for it. Israel has a mentality of independence because you believe there's always a chance that you guys get persecuted again. You know very well that you can't rely on anyone else but yourself. Sorry, I don't buy that. You may be very well capable of producing different types of engines if you invest in it and the US transfers the technology to you, but as of now, you can't.

8) Losing 7 to 10 Iranian soldiers in Syria and one general (which was killed by the US, not you) is totally worth it in our opinion. Soleimani was very well aware that he could get killed in action one day. He didn't mind it at all. That's the benefit of having an army with a strong ideology.

No, we are letting you bomb deserts in Syria and pretend you are making bold moves for your leaders to save face and stay happy with your nonexistent achievements. Meanwhile, we are improving our military presence in the region as well as our defense industries for the higher goals and objectives we have.

It's no excuse, when we handle your *** you're gonna cry "without the US we would have won"? Actually I bet you will do exactly that.
Again Israeli chest inflation...."our tanks and AD systems are the best in the world bla bla bla"-----too bad they are unable to handle Hezbollah

How about 6 powerplants in tiny Israel producing 50% of electricity and 5 desalination plants producing 50% of water.........

The truth is that even some third rate Iranian proxy (let's say) based in Iraq can devastate your economy and society using some 50-70 precise Iranian ballistic missiles.

Your Bavar 373 is no better than the S-300 which we had proven useless against our attacks, and it's absolutely nothing compared to the David's Sling.

Your copies of 30 year old Russian, Chinese and American missiles, helicopters and jets aren't impressive.

Your midget submarines have no chance against modern western ones.

Stop inflating your chest. Your military industry has no customers but Hezbollah and your proxies, with or without sanctions.
Destruction of AD system does not means it is useless. There is no invincible AD system anywhere. Any AD system can be attacked and destroyed even if it performs with 100% accuracy and there is nothing like 100% accuracy in any AD system. David Sling even if it is 100% accurate, it still has a limited number of interceptor missiles to fire. after exhausting it missiles it will be destroyed with ease. All it takes is to fire more than it can intercept and destroy it even if it is 100% accurate. I think you are over exited.

There are no superior systems compared to ours.
u r no salesman, right?? :lol:

Iron Dome effectively thwarts rocket threats, your Fajar 5 is definitely not a firework, but the Iron Dome can intercept it. It can also target drones flying not in a straight line. Iron Dome can intercept manuevering targets too.
and every day Hamas was firing fajr 5?? the unguided and one of the cheap rocket of Iranian arsenal have.
I doubt Iran ever supplied a lot of those toys to Hamas. if in case Iran supplied a guided one to Palestine for testing, i wonder how many rockets iron dom has to lauch to terminate it.

Arrow 2 intercepted S-200 missile fired from Syria upon F-16s.
Davids Sling successfully intercepted many targets in missile tests.
first, u admitted ur super f16 was intercepted by old junk s200. I wonder. which uses very low-end mechanical radar and electronics and guidance system solely developed tankers and scare the enemy. and so far one f16 was destroyed and if it's done by s200 then we don't have to any further conversation.
s300/400: well done old man.;)
BUK and Pantsirs were humiliated by Israeli and Turkish drones on more than a dozen occassions.
nothing lasts forever, they did their job batteling with knives against armed cavalry. if they had their fellas covering their asses...by the way u r lucky, it's bcz Syria and Libya.
Green Pine detected every missile launch, jet and drone flying hundreds of kilometers away from Israeli borders, including your supposed stealthy RQ170 copy that penetrated Israeli territroy and got shot down.
shahed 170: I haven't passed the laboratory tests and i got destroyed?? Nani??
Davids Sling replaces the Patriot, the mistake of the Saudis doesn't reflect upon our capability.
yes, I already told u I won't speculate things over Aramco incidents, wait until David slings got visited.
Python isn't derived from AIM9, different design and capability.
of course , apparently they look same, or Israelis engineers stated developing from 9x sidewinder scratches.
I doubt your Fakur will be of any use against our airforce. 160 kilometers range is against a Boeing 747 sized target flying in a straight line towards the missile.
there were no third country that operated aim-54 phoniex. so should wait until u see those stuff in actions.

Last edited:
1) And you think that the USSR didn't have good air defense systems? What's your point exactly?

2) That doesn't matter. Mithridates gave you a good response. AIM-260 JATM is based on AIM-120 AMRAAM. There's a 2000 kilometer distance between Tehran and Tel Aviv. There's no way that Israel can use its F16s and F15s against Iran. And talking about stealth jet fighters in absolute terms is meaningless. Even an F22 jet fighter at a distance of 50 kilometers won't be stealth anymore. And I'm not even talking about Chinese radars like JY-27 that have detected F22 earlier. Germans have successfully detected F35 as well.

3) It depends on the radar. Iran's Sepehr OTH radar is an early warning system that covers as far as Western Europe. Iran's Ghadir 3D phased array radar can detect jet fighters at a maximum range of 1,100 kilometers and at a maximum altitude of 300 kilometers. It can detect stealth jet fighters at a distance of 600 kilometers.

4) We were talking about the success rate I think and it should be measured as the number of successful interceptions over the number of rockets/missiles fired at you. If a potential enemy fires 100 missiles at you and your system fails to lock on 99 missiles but locks on one missile and destroys it successfully, the success rate of your system won't be 100%, but rather 1%.

5) Because we have a long term strategy for our presence in Syria. We won't let your noise distract us from our objectives in Syria.

6) That's just your claim. You have nothing to support it. We have previously replicated your drones and US drones and Israeli officials and experts have confirmed that our replicas were indeed sophisticated.

7) You are receiving billions of dollars of aid and compensation from countries like the US and Germany. So money is not an issue for you because you won't pay for it. Israel has a mentality of independence because you believe there's always a chance that you guys get persecuted again. You know very well that you can't rely on anyone else but yourself. Sorry, I don't buy that. You may be very well capable of producing different types of engines if you invest in it and the US transfers the technology to you, but as of now, you can't.

8) Losing 7 to 10 Iranian soldiers in Syria and one general (which was killed by the US, not you) is totally worth it in our opinion. Soleimani was very well aware that he could get killed in action one day. He didn't mind it at all. That's the benefit of having an army with a strong ideology.

No, we are letting you bomb deserts in Syria and pretend you are making bold moves for your leaders to save face and stay happy with your nonexistent achievements. Meanwhile, we are improving our military presence in the region as well as our defense industries for the higher goals and objectives we have.
1) I'm saying you did something less impressive than what a Soviet SAM system managed to do in 1960, it doesn't prove anything at all.

2) The JY27 claim is so foolish, first of all American F22s don't fly over Venezuela, and even if they did the only way that JY27 can detect an F22 is with fuel tanks or luneberg lens. Same about F-35.

3) You wish your radar could detect stealthy airplanes from 600 kilometers. Anyways, Green Pine is better.

4) Why would a missing rocket be intercepted? Foolish logic.

5) Believe me, we also have one.

6) Sophisticated my ***.

7) First of all, it's good to have allies.
Second of all, money from Germany is mostly coming to holocaust survivors.
Third of all, aid money comprises of around a percent of our annual GDP.

I) 7-10 Every month or so. Whatever, live in the illusion that it's all part of a 4D chess move, just stop talking about destroying us when we are the ones bombing you.
Destruction of AD system does not means it is useless. There is no invincible AD system anywhere. Any AD system can be attacked and destroyed even if it performs with 100% accuracy and there is nothing like 100% accuracy in any AD system. David Sling even if it is 100% accurate, it still has a limited number of interceptor missiles to fire. after exhausting it missiles it will be destroyed with ease. All it takes is to fire more than it can intercept and destroy it even if it is 100% accurate. I think you are over exited.

Again Israeli chest inflation...."our tanks and AD systems are the best in the world bla bla bla"-----too bad they are unable to handle Hezbollah

How about 6 powerplants in tiny Israel producing 50% of electricity and 5 desalination plants producing 50% of water.........

The truth is that even some third rate Iranian proxy (let's say) based in Iraq can devastate your economy and society using some 50-70 precise Iranian ballistic missiles.
How about we nuke you? You make too much noise out of conventional weapons. There's only so much damage they could make, and even if Iran had thousands of ballistic missiles that can reach Israel from Iranian territory (And they have hundreds at best) you couldn't destroy Israel.

It usually does when the air defense is supposed to excel against drones and defend SAMs against munitions fired at it. You don't have more ballistic missiles that can reach us, than we have interceptors.

How about we nuke you? You make too much noise out of conventional weapons. There's only so much damage they could make, and even if Iran had thousands of ballistic missiles that can reach Israel from Iranian territory (And they have hundreds at best) you couldn't destroy Israel.
Today you have that nuclear advantage....that is true.

But how about surviving in the long run while being a tiny state surrounded by massive powers?

In the end you are a tiny state with 9mln (6mln Jews+3mln Arabs) people....

Egypt will have 150mln people by 2050. Turkey will have 100mln and Iran will have 105mln people by 2050.

Military luck of previous decades is not guaranteed in the future (especially if US will cease supporting you in the long-run).

Historically you took advantage of backwardness and weakness of the ME countries but this will not be the case in the future

Iran can become a nuclear armed state in this decade......And enjoying nuclear deterrence it can attack your small infrastructure with high-precision missiles, while the only thing you will be able to do is to cry for US's help and protection

Don't be stupid...look at the broader strategic situation in the Middle East in the long-run.

1) I can imagine year 2035 in which Turkey has nuclear weapons and a powerful navy capable of imposing a naval blockade on the ports of Haifa and Ashdod thus devastating your economy.

2) We can assume that by that time Muslim Brotherhood will take power in Egypt.

3) Add to this Hezbollah and Iran with ability to attack your tiny civilian infrastructure with precise missiles while enjoying nuclear deterrence and your long-term survival perspectives is under serious question.

The more you postpone just peace with the Palestinians the more your tiny state's long-term survival prospects in the ME becomes doubtful

Last edited:
Cant believe you guys still argue with Beny the Uber-Troll :crazy:

I don't understand it either, Benny isn't here to conduct cordial back-and-forth. He wants to gloat whilst putting down Iran, Iranians and the Iranian military.

Moreover, guys.....This Benny **** really doesn't care for Iran and has hatred for Iranians in general (along with many others I'm assuming). You're literally wasting your own time by typing long-winded (but true) responses to this idiot. He doesn't care for what any of you have to say, at all.

As far as I'm concerned he should have been banned from the Iranians Subsection of PDF along with many other brain-let rabble-rousers permanently long-ago but I guess that's just something the mods of PDF don't care about. Can't win em' all....

Anyways, I'll say this next piece in farsi in hopes it will resonate with you guys more deeply. Apologies for my atrocious farsi, I'm not exactly a native speaker lol.

Bachehah, toro khoda bah een haroomzadeh harf nakoon, agalan mah ensanhah ke ghalbemoon hanooz sia nashoodeh mitoonim harfeh worthwhile behaineh hamdigeh begim.

Een "Benny" aslan namikhad bah mah kenar biyad.

Today you have that nuclear advantage....that is true.

But how about surviving in the long run while being a tiny state surrounded by massive powers?

In the end you are a tiny state with 9mln (6mln Jews+3mln Arabs) people....

Egypt will have 150mln people by 2050. Turkey will have 100mln and Iran will have 105mln people by 2050.

Military luck of previous decades is not guaranteed in the future (especially if US will cease supporting you in the long-run).

Historically you took advantage of backwardness and weakness of the ME countries but this will not be the case in the future

Iran can become a nuclear armed state in this decade......And enjoying nuclear deterrence it can attack your small infrastructure with high-precision missiles, while the only thing you will be able to do is to cry for US's help and protection

Don't be stupid...look at the broader strategic situation in the Middle East in the long-run.

1) I can imagine year 2035 in which Turkey has nuclear weapons and a powerful navy capable of imposing a naval blockade on the ports of Haifa and Ashdod thus devastating your economy.

2) We can assume that by that time Muslim Brotherhood will take power in Egypt.

3) Add to this Hezbollah and Iran with ability to attack your tiny civilian infrastructure with precise missiles while enjoying nuclear deterrence and your long-term survival perspectives is under serious question.

The more you postpone just peace with the Palestinians the more your tiny state's long-term survival prospects in the ME becomes doubtful

Israel was surrounded by way bigger,united hostile Muslim nations throughout all of its existence.
Now the Muslim world is more divided than ever, and we have peace with most of our neighbors anyways.

Anyways, I don't believe Iran will ever gain the ability to destroy Israel, and even if it did and it tried, we sure as hell taking them down with us.

Members are talking this thread off topic. This thread is for Iranian Air Defence. If you wish to discuss these other matters, then take it to Iranian Chill thread or another thread that is appropriate. Henceforth, off topic posts will be reported.

ISRAEL IS BAD AT LAND WARFARE. The moment Israeli troops have to fight man to man on the ground, Israelis start dying fast and losing morale. We saw it in 2006. Even my dad, he always yells and tells me - "those Israelis dunno how to fight" and he's right. They always have to use some technology like UAVs, or ground robots...and at that same time their keyboard warriors on PDF will tell you the IDF are the bravest army in the world. I dont understand their logic.

@Shams313 cheers for your smart point about whether Israel had ever faced a quality enemy, cuz Israel has been fighting terrorists and paramilitary forces only for decades now..so Israeli military isnt all its hyped up to be.

OK, back on topic- The Iranian Bavar, Khordad,etc systems really have shut off lots of Iranian airspace to adversary aircraft. I dont believe any anti-Iran country can have 1 plane survive in Iranian airspace now..they must fly in in large #s i bet in order to not be sniped out completely b4fore completing some bombing missions. People say that S300, Bavar 373, Khordad, S400, etc are fake weapons. well if they are fake weaposn why dont NATO top secret invisible crap F35 and f-22 go and fly inside their radar envelope? It doesnt make sense. if these systems are really crap then why didint Israeli F16s fly in 100s over Saudi to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities?? they didnt cuz they couldnt. the AD net would have caught too-many-to-lose # of planes.

ISRAEL IS BAD AT LAND WARFARE. The moment Israeli troops have to fight man to man on the ground, Israelis start dying fast and losing morale. We saw it in 2006. Even my dad, he always yells and tells me - "those Israelis dunno how to fight" and he's right. They always have to use some technology like UAVs, or ground robots...and at that same time their keyboard warriors on PDF will tell you the IDF are the bravest army in the world. I dont understand their logic.

@Shams313 cheers for your smart point about whether Israel had ever faced a quality enemy, cuz Israel has been fighting terrorists and paramilitary forces only for decades now..so Israeli military isnt all its hyped up to be.

C-LmWxhTNn05Xv6vJaiwj4nLjQM8ap0g30BNMHvW8Ws.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom