What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

^ In their new air-defense music video, they reveal that they used one of their Thaqeb-2/R-27 to shoot down a Saudi Wing Loong UCAV on April 19, 2019:
View attachment 607791 View attachment 607792 View attachment 607793 View attachment 607795

Another screenshot of a Thaqeb-2/R-27 missile launch:
View attachment 607798

The missile that shot down the Saudi AH-64 Apache on November 29, 2019:
View attachment 607799
^ It looks rather slim and pointy, maybe it was a Thaqeb-3/R-77? Or a 9M33 Osa?
Whats more impressive is that we finally see the yemeni R-77s and that like the R27s they`ve come up with a way to use them as land based sams,perhaps by using mig29 radar sets as a ground based sam illuminator?.
let us hope that iran has taken advantage of this priceless opportunity to acquire some of the R-77s for local reverse/reengineering,tho in truth whether the airforce would actually have either the will or ability to make use of this weapon seems rather doubtful sadly.
But just imagine for a moment the performance upgrade for the iranian airforce if even just the mig29 fleet alone was indigenously upgraded to fulcrum C standard with the ability to use an iranian built and improved R-77.

Raytheon's SLAMRAAM (Surface Launched (SL) and AMRAAM) (Radar Homing A2A missiles)

A design like this, on Safir, Aras or Rointen vehicle could provide short range and very mobile AA defense. Fantastic for asymmetrical warfare. A design on a small vehicle that can carry this amount of weight, I think would prove useful for forces that are dealing with foes with air superiority Ahem* Ahem*

AIM-120_AMRAAM_P6230147.JPG

Whats more impressive is that we finally see the yemeni R-77s and that like the R27s they`ve come up with a way to use them as land based sams,perhaps by using mig29 radar sets as a ground based sam illuminator?.
let us hope that iran has taken advantage of this priceless opportunity to acquire some of the R-77s for local reverse/reengineering,tho in truth whether the airforce would actually have either the will or ability to make use of this weapon seems rather doubtful sadly.
But just imagine for a moment the performance upgrade for the iranian airforce if even just the mig29 fleet alone was indigenously upgraded to fulcrum C standard with the ability to use an iranian built and improved R-77.

Remains to be see if these missles are actually being “produced”. They could be just firing old inventory.

People forget that Yemen was the most heavily armed country in Middle East due to constant wars. Then the entire Yemeni army inventory fell into hands of Houthi’s. So Yemen didn’t have any shortages of weapons contrary to public belief.

Remains to be see if these missles are actually being “produced”. They could be just firing old inventory.

People forget that Yemen was the most heavily armed country in Middle East due to constant wars. Then the entire Yemeni army inventory fell into hands of Houthi’s. So Yemen didn’t have any shortages of weapons contrary to public belief.
Oh,these would undoubtedly be the older russian built missiles for the yemeni mig29smt fleet that were originally supplied waaay back in the mid 2000s.But it would probably be irans best ever chance to acquire actual samples of the R77 for reverse/reengineering purposes.
This would be a far,far better use of scarce resources by the airforce instead of screwing around trying to reverse engineer non upgraded copies of the F5 light fighter.

Raytheon's SLAMRAAM (Surface Launched (SL) and AMRAAM) (Radar Homing A2A missiles)

A design like this, on Safir, Aras or Rointen vehicle could provide short range and very mobile AA defense. Fantastic for asymmetrical warfare. A design on a small vehicle that can carry this amount of weight, I think would prove useful for forces that are dealing with foes with air superiority Ahem* Ahem*

AIM-120_AMRAAM_P6230147.JPG
Very true.One could certainly imagine hezbollah operating a system like this,a good advantage is that it uses both active radar seeker and ir homing equipped missiles,so double the trouble for any potential targets.If you also had a short ranged aesa or pesa radar and optronic system mounted in another vehicle then you would have a very light weight sam system that would still prove a potentially very nasty surprise for any intruder.This could also have potential as a naval sam system for lightweight vessels such as the sina/kamin class missile boats.

God you are beyond stupid.

First of all it is illegal to sell weapons (yes dual use jet engines for cruise missiles counts) to Iran per UN Security Council resolution. So these are being bought on BLACK MARKET and thus price is HIGHER than 12K or a bulk price. That is the cost of going through a middle man!

And my point is, it is unlikely that every last screw and part from an Iranian missile is built in Iran. Somethings due get imported.

But continue living in that fantasy land of yours where Iran has 10’s of thousands of missiles.

I don’t forget your earlier posts of drivel and nonsense when all you would do is sit here on this board and post “Hollywood movie tech weapons“ for each suggestion in a thread about how Iran can build this wonder weapon for [insert amount that you pulled out of thin air]. I ridiculed you then enough, thank god you moved away from those nonsense posts of yours. But it seems you found another infatuation this time with BMs being the end all and be all of Iranian offensive power.

Except it is illegal to sell these components to Iran. So no European country/company will run the risk of pissing off EU/US for a lousy parts order. Chinese companies are more willing to take the risk because they don’t have business in those countries and get shielded by the state.

So as the Babak Zanjani scandal showed, Iran loses boatloads of cash beating sanctions by using a wide vast network of middle men and front companies.

What users on this board dont see is the tens of hundreds of cases that Iran pays for these types of things ranging from missile parts to nuclear components to whatever and they get intercepted by US/NATO after they find out the paperwork was hiding final destination.

It seem our US Brothers are finding it difficult believing that a missile costing $3m in USA will cost $300k in Iran, but they failed to look at differences in the economies. I just checked my salary against similar position in USA and that of US is ten(10) times higher. This means labour cost in USA will be 10 times higher than Ghana. I checked my utility bill against that of Iran and that of Iran is ten(10) time cheaper. There will be unprecedented jubilation in Ghana if we are asked to pay five(5) times what Iranians are paying. I wonder why Iranians were killing and burning because they are pay just 10% of what we pay here. When it comes to energy and utilities the Iranians are in Heaven without knowing.

If the metal is taken from Iranian soil which belong to the government, then material cost will be paper cost only and not real outlay of cash. Most of the cost will be labour and few imported component if any, and if salaries in Iran is like that of mine which I believe it is, then the missile will cost 10% of that of USA & EU. So, I do not doubt such low cost of missiles at all.

The missiles costing $300k does not mean it is cheap from Iran's perspective. It will take the same effort to earn $300k in Iran as it will take to earn $3m in USA.

God you are beyond stupid.

First of all it is illegal to sell weapons (yes dual use jet engines for cruise missiles counts) to Iran per UN Security Council resolution. So these are being bought on BLACK MARKET and thus price is HIGHER than 12K or a bulk price. That is the cost of going through a middle man!

And my point is, it is unlikely that every last screw and part from an Iranian missile is built in Iran. Somethings due get imported.

But continue living in that fantasy land of yours where Iran has 10’s of thousands of missiles.

I don’t forget your earlier posts of drivel and nonsense when all you would do is sit here on this board and post “Hollywood movie tech weapons“ for each suggestion in a thread about how Iran can build this wonder weapon for [insert amount that you pulled out of thin air]. I ridiculed you then enough, thank god you moved away from those nonsense posts of yours. But it seems you found another infatuation this time with BMs being the end all and be all of Iranian offensive power.

Except it is illegal to sell these components to Iran. So no European country/company will run the risk of pissing off EU/US for a lousy parts order. Chinese companies are more willing to take the risk because they don’t have business in those countries and get shielded by the state.

So as the Babak Zanjani scandal showed, Iran loses boatloads of cash beating sanctions by using a wide vast network of middle men and front companies.

What users on this board dont see is the tens of hundreds of cases that Iran pays for these types of things ranging from missile parts to nuclear components to whatever and they get intercepted by US/NATO after they find out the paperwork was hiding final destination.

I have never claimed BM are the end of all weapons and have repeatedly claim low cost cruise missiles are vital for us both on the battlefield and for use on our UCAVS & the only delusional fool influenced by Hollywood movies and American propaganda here is YOU!

Your the one under the delusion that millions didn't attend Soleimani's Funeral and that speaks for its self where as im the one who said Iran needs to start producing CM with Micro Jet engines long before Iran started producing them.... so that also speak for its self!

Heres an oldy,a close up of the original russian sa11 gadfly/buk m1 sam inspired interceptor missile design for the 3rd of khordad.
551025_267.jpg

plus a pic of the very early sa17 grizzly/buk m2 inspired tel design for what would eventually become the 3rd of khordad sam system.

Look at PR

They make it as if the system has capability of targeting or defending it self against F16 ,

It was Deployed in Idlib to defend against terrorist using drone or quodchapters
it must have been able to protect itself from the bomb or cruise missile or whatever it was, the question is what it has to do with Iran , we don't even have Pantsir

Look at PR

They make it as if the system has capability of targeting or defending it self against F16 ,

It was Deployed in Idlib to defend against terrorist using drone or quodchapters

I thought Pantsir S1 is able to target fighter jets, Russia marketed it as able to do so. It's not that short range, should be able to target F16s

Look at PR

it must have been able to protect itself from the bomb or cruise missile or whatever it was, the question is what it has to do with Iran , we don't even have Pantsir
What bothers me the most is how it wasn't able to stop the drone monitoring it.
I thought Pantsir S1 is able to target fighter jets, Russia marketed it as able to do so. It's not that short range, should be able to target F16s

Pantsir is able to target fighter jets at 20KM and up to 10KM altitude. Also it can intercept other objects. It’s just not very capable. As Israel has shown in wiping out several of them.

But still a pantsir is only as capable as its crew. But like I said Pantsir and Tor M1 are not very capable systems. They are jammable and able to be fooled.

If the crew is incompetent then they might even shoot down an airliner flying right next to them

What bothers me the most is how it wasn't able to stop the drone monitoring it.
The altitude of the drone and the fact whether it armed or not,matters.....suppose that the drone was flying at the height of 10km ,in this case ther is no chance to shot it down by pantsir

The altitude of the drone and the fact whether it armed or not,matters.....suppose that the drone was flying at the height of 10km ,in this case ther is no chance to shot it down by pantsir

But the radar goes further then 10 km and so the S1 can recognize the UAV and can move if it cant shot down the UAV. Also they can call air force after recognizing. Due to all this did not happen, me also think the crew wasnt the best, maybe drinking tea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom