What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

When comparing price of a western military product with a copied Iranian version you can safely use a factor of 10 reduction for the Iranian price ..so if it is 12000 Euros in Europe the similar product will cost roughly 1200 euros if made entirely with Iranian components/labor . By the way I did not pull that factor 10 out of a hat..there are logic and numbers behind it and it held true when in this forum some one arrived at almost the same factor using totally different approach. remember it is only a ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude).

I would imagine 4-5k, and they mark up to 12k for IP considerations. This kind of hardware could easily have 200-300% profit margin so it wouldn't surprise me if the costs are much less than 10k

Also you act as if this was the 1st time you've ever seen RC jet engine prices !LOL! so here! When me and @PeeD used to talk about it i used to post them on this very site you fool! LOL! However the ones I posted were under 50lbf range but here haleshoo bebar osghol!
http://modelaircraftcompany.com/newshop/en/15-micro-jet-turbines
https://www.dreamworksrc.com/turbine-engines/jetcat-rc-turbines

nadeed badeed e badbakht!

And what the hell does that have to do with Iranian produced weapons that use domestic engines and even if we wanted to buy them for use on our weapons we would buy them bulk so the price would be nothing even close to $12000.....

God you are beyond stupid.

First of all it is illegal to sell weapons (yes dual use jet engines for cruise missiles counts) to Iran per UN Security Council resolution. So these are being bought on BLACK MARKET and thus price is HIGHER than 12K or a bulk price. That is the cost of going through a middle man!

And my point is, it is unlikely that every last screw and part from an Iranian missile is built in Iran. Somethings due get imported.

But continue living in that fantasy land of yours where Iran has 10’s of thousands of missiles.

I don’t forget your earlier posts of drivel and nonsense when all you would do is sit here on this board and post “Hollywood movie tech weapons“ for each suggestion in a thread about how Iran can build this wonder weapon for [insert amount that you pulled out of thin air]. I ridiculed you then enough, thank god you moved away from those nonsense posts of yours. But it seems you found another infatuation this time with BMs being the end all and be all of Iranian offensive power.

I would imagine 4-5k, and they mark up to 12k for IP considerations. This kind of hardware could easily have 200-300% profit margin so it wouldn't surprise me if the costs are much less than 10k

Except it is illegal to sell these components to Iran. So no European country/company will run the risk of pissing off EU/US for a lousy parts order. Chinese companies are more willing to take the risk because they don’t have business in those countries and get shielded by the state.

So as the Babak Zanjani scandal showed, Iran loses boatloads of cash beating sanctions by using a wide vast network of middle men and front companies.

What users on this board dont see is the tens of hundreds of cases that Iran pays for these types of things ranging from missile parts to nuclear components to whatever and they get intercepted by US/NATO after they find out the paperwork was hiding final destination.

God you are beyond stupid.

First of all it is illegal to sell weapons (yes dual use jet engines for cruise missiles counts) to Iran per UN Security Council resolution. So these are being bought on BLACK MARKET and thus price is HIGHER than 12K or a bulk price. That is the cost of going through a middle man!

And my point is, it is unlikely that every last screw and part from an Iranian missile is built in Iran. Somethings due get imported.

But continue living in that fantasy land of yours where Iran has 10’s of thousands of missiles.

I don’t forget your earlier posts of drivel and nonsense when all you would do is sit here on this board and post “Hollywood movie tech weapons“ for each suggestion in a thread about how Iran can build this wonder weapon for [insert amount that you pulled out of thin air]. I ridiculed you then enough, thank god you moved away from those nonsense posts of yours. But it seems you found another infatuation this time with BMs being the end all and be all of Iranian offensive power.

Except it is illegal to sell these components to Iran. So no European country/company will run the risk of pissing off EU/US for a lousy parts order. Chinese companies are more willing to take the risk because they don’t have business in those countries and get shielded by the state.

So as the Babak Zanjani scandal showed, Iran loses boatloads of cash beating sanctions by using a wide vast network of middle men and front companies.

What users on this board dont see is the tens of hundreds of cases that Iran pays for these types of things ranging from missile parts to nuclear components to whatever and they get intercepted by US/NATO after they find out the paperwork was hiding final destination.

You are super stupid.

^ The four today revealed 'Houthi' air-defense systems are called Thaqeb-1, Thaqeb-2, Thaqeb-3 and Fater-1 (which was already revealed before).

ERdaQaMWAAE6Mqs

ERdaRemXkAIMhB8

ERdaScnXUAAv6we

ERdaTpzWsAAkRO5

Thaqeb-1:
  • Based on the R-73 (AA-11 Archer)
  • Length: 2.93 m
  • Weight: 105 kg
  • Speed: Mach 1.5
  • Range: 9 km
  • Altitude: 5.5 km
  • Guidance system: Infrared homing

Thaqeb-2:
  • Based on the R-27 (AA-10 Alamo)
  • Length: 3.97 m
  • Weight: 125 kg
  • Speed: Mach 2.5
  • Range: 15 km
  • Altitude: 8 km

Thaqeb-3:
  • Based on the R-77 (AA-12 Adder)
  • Length: 3.6 m
  • Weight: 175 kg
  • Speed: Mach 2.5
  • Range: 20 km
  • Altitude: 6 km
  • Guidance system: Combined

Fater-1:
  • Based on the 3M9 missile of the Kub SAM system
  • Length: 5.8 m
  • Weight: 599 kg
  • Speed: Mach 2.8
  • Range: 22.6 km
  • Altitude: 10 km

Last edited:
Congratulations to brave Houthies and Yemen people . Very impressive and very dignified presentation. The poorest Arab country under constant bombardment and total blockade has managed to achieve this (and yes they did have Iranian help and great that they did). Now compare this to incompetent saudis that despite all the money and access can not even manufacture a single bolt without some american or european doing it for them giving them the machines and paint so that they can stand by the product and claim it is made in saudi arabia..:nono:

^ In their new air-defense music video, they reveal that they used one of their Thaqeb-2/R-27 to shoot down a Saudi Wing Loong UCAV on April 19, 2019:
r-27_1.png
r-27_2.png
r-27_3.png
wing-loong.png

Another screenshot of a Thaqeb-2/R-27 missile launch:
r-27_launch.png

The missile that shot down the Saudi AH-64 Apache on November 29, 2019:
apache_missile.png

^ It looks rather slim and pointy, maybe it was a Thaqeb-3/R-77? Or a 9M33 Osa?

Last edited:
Poorest country in the region and with enough quantities of missiles, has upgraded itself to the level consistent with air defenses of a Eastern European military. Unbelievable progress! Well done to Yemen, and to Iran for the impressive ability to help these people defend themselves from relentless bombing despite all odds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom