What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

People forget that Yemen was the most heavily armed country in Middle East due to constant wars. Then the entire Yemeni army inventory fell into hands of Houthi’s. So Yemen didn’t have any shortages of weapons contrary to public belief.
you are not correct - you mean to say Yemen had the largest inventory of BASIC OLD RUSSIAN weapons....Yemen is poor so how could Yemen have the money to buy high quality strategic weapons stocks still around? and even after Saudi bombed the life out of yemen? i dont buy this your hoax. We cant see evidence of these "old weapons" u talk about...99% of what Houthis fire is either Iranian or Yemenized versions of Iranian weapons...

I have never claimed BM are the end of all weapons and have repeatedly claim low cost cruise missiles are vital for us both on the battlefield and for use on our UCAVS & the only delusional fool influenced by Hollywood movies and American propaganda here is YOU!

Your the one under the delusion that millions didn't attend Soleimani's Funeral and that speaks for its self where as im the one who said Iran needs to start producing CM with Micro Jet engines long before Iran started producing them.... so that also speak for its self!
He IS American afterall...just sayin..

It’s a Libyan pantsir. still an achievement by turkey and disgrace for Russians.

russia is admittedly a weak player when it comes to EW and avionics. My guess is that Turks are jamming the crap out of the Russian equipment, which could open up the game entirely if Russian aircraft would be as vulnerable as their ground systems.

you are not correct - you mean to say Yemen had the largest inventory of BASIC OLD RUSSIAN weapons....Yemen is poor so how could Yemen have the money to buy high quality strategic weapons stocks still around? and even after Saudi bombed the life out of yemen? i dont buy this your hoax. We cant see evidence of these "old weapons" u talk about...99% of what Houthis fire is either Iranian or Yemenized versions of Iranian weapons...

He IS American afterall...just sayin..

You should probably learn Yemen history before you sprout off nonsense.

The same Houthi’s that Saudi Arabia is bombing, were allies of Saudi Arabia against Yemen Army & Salehi. So Saudi Arabia supported the Houthis with cash and arms to fuel their proxy against Salehi multiple times in the past.

Yemen has been a battlefield for many proxy wars which external actors infused the country with weapons and funds.

Fuethermore, a country being poor is not a direct correlation on the arms they have. North Korea is one of the poorest countries in the world yet they carry some of the most sophisticated ballistic missiles.

Also some of the missiles used are clearly Russian like the Tochka missile that wiped out the Emirati military base in Yemen.

And Saudi Arabia like Israel is bombing anything mostly civilians and vital infrastructure. Yemen is such an unforgiving terrain that arms can easily be hid throughout the country.

It’s a Libyan pantsir. still an achievement by turkey and disgrace for Russians.

russia is admittedly a weak player when it comes to EW and avionics. My guess is that Turks are jamming the crap out of the Russian equipment, which could open up the game entirely if Russian aircraft would be as vulnerable as their ground systems.

You might be confusing performance of Russian equipment that is manned by non-Russians or well trained people and russian weapons being manned by militias,proxies, inexperienced militaries, etc.

If you want to find out if those Russian weapons are really fake, you will regret yourself.

But the radar goes further then 10 km and so the S1 can recognize the UAV and can move if it cant shot down the UAV. Also they can call air force after recognizing. Due to all this did not happen, me also think the crew wasnt the best, maybe drinking tea.
Your analysis would be correct for a normal condition....not a country who doesn't have an powerfull airforce

Your analysis would be correct for a normal condition....not a country who doesn't have an powerfull airforce

it’s a battlefield and the crew likely didn’t think Turkey would attack them.

Thus a “peacekeeper” drone flying around wasn’t deemed a threat.

Great read for those who are interested in understand VHF radars...
I understand them.

...& how it helps to counter conventional stealth air power of the U.S. Very applicable to Iranian systems.

https://www.ausairpower.net/SP/DT-Rus-VHF-Radar-2008.pdf
There is no 'help' here. We already knew of VHF's effects on bodies deliberately designed to be low observable in the shorter freqs. But 'stealth' does not mean a license to ignore radar nets, regardless of what types. Articles like this left out the most important fact of mission planning: That US 'stealth' fighters avoids the freqs that we shaped against. So that mean we will avoid the VHF seeking radar and we already know how to do that. There is no 'help' here. :enjoy:

Russia is NOt weak in EW. Dont conflate the lack of EW action and attacks with lack of EW capability. Russia is actually VERY advanced in electronic and hybrid warfare.

Fuethermore, a country being poor is not a direct correlation on the arms they have. North Korea is one of the poorest countries in the world yet they carry some of the most sophisticated ballistic missiles.
Thats because North Korea is lucky is has wealthy daddy in China. Which military daddy does Yemen have? None!

Also some of the missiles used are clearly Russian like the Tochka missile that wiped out the Emirati military base in Yemen.
agreed, but thats about it. what else is advanced? i told you all that houthis BMs were Iranian and many of u said its not true, but we found out they are so what other newer "weapons" does yemen have since the creating of that stte? i'm waiting, we have 1:

tochka.

Russia is NOt weak in EW. Dont conflate the lack of EW action and attacks with lack of EW capability. Russia is actually VERY advanced in electronic and hybrid warfare.
I know what I said! Russia is arguably the best or at least top two when it comes to mechanical aircraft engineering and aerospace propulsion systems. Their radar systems is also top notch!

In EW they are maybe top 10. And countries such as turkey and Israel are arguably ahead.

Pantsir in Syria is getting replaced with TOR because it was so weak against Turkish attacks! Let’s see how TOR performs...

Russian EWs are effective, Russian export weapons are nearly as bad as overpriced export Patriot missile systems.

What Russia exports is designed to lose to Washington weapon systems used in Amerikkan wars. So Russian export products that are sold to Mideast nations are deliberately inferior. Why is Russia in Syria? ... to test out their Russian weapons in a war and defeat ISIS which Obama declined on. You take Russian export weapons and improve on them. Pantsirs are not as good as 100 Mesbah 1.

In short, Putin is in on it.

Russian EWs are effective, Russian export weapons are nearly as bad as overpriced export Patriot missile systems.

The buzz is that the Achilles heel for Russian weaponry is the EW factor. True or not is purely speculative. Judging from the fact the prior customers to Russian tech have preferred to replace avionic and electronics with another vendor point to the fact that buzz might be true. But, of course it is only speculations. However I firmly believe it to be true. We can agree to disagree!

What Russia exports is designed to lose to Washington weapon systems used in Amerikkan wars. So Russian export products that are sold to Mideast nations are deliberately inferior.

Again this is purely speculative, but IMO I don't think it makes any marketing sense to field weapons that intentionally fails. That will hamper your future efforts to sell similar hardware. Of course the export versions are more inferior in order to protect the technology to fall into enemy sphere of knowledge. However, it is a stretch to say that they are designed to loose. Anyhow, it is speculative so we can again agree to disagree.

Why is Russia in Syria? ... to test out their Russian weapons in a war and defeat ISIS which Obama declined on. You take Russian export weapons and improve on them.
Agreed! That is one of the reasons. There are tons! One is to increase Russian influence in ME and limit further Turkey/Nato expansionistic agenda.

However, it is a stretch to say that they are designed to loose.

They are designed to lose against Israhell's air force and USA air force, which use similar technology. If you want to use Russian weaponry to kill 3rd world Muslims, it is most certainly not designed to lose. They are built in inferior because the global order is Putin is to be the zionist handler of Muslim countries to give them a false hope that somebody cares about them, when Putin works for Netanyahu and Moscow rabbis.

753958946.jpg

The EW Russia has is top notch. Better than the Swedes. But they do not implement them for export that much because the technology could fall into the hands of the Chinese or Muslims, export is not zionist approved.

Every geopolitical action Putin takes has to be approved by jewish zionists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom