What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

This system is designed specifically for flying targets, so how that make it a ATGM?

it shot down a Saudi Tornado, is that a chopper?

We're talking about Yemen here. Iran cannot export those advanced system there. Having said that, this new system is ingenious.
It's jet engine has limited speed so it's not designed to hit fighter jets.
Yemenis will unveil their Tornado killer soon.

i dont know why they exaggerate it too much because IRAN has much advanced SAMs.
They exaggerate even when they capture few rifles.
They want to cover the failure of their superior weapons behind a big name like Iran.

Any fighter jet that comes in for CAS or low altitude bombing run automatically is eligible to be hit by this missile. If it’s seeker is passive (radiation seeker) then pilot will not know until it is too late to drop tanks and go supersonic.

So it can certainly hit aircraft that are operating in low altitude or CAS role. But it is unlikely to be able to engage a fighter jet just passing by or a air superiority fighter.

But again look at the design vs it’s task. Iran created something that any force with minor training can use to engage aircraft.

It will be mighty tough to build a hypersonic AD and have it rail launched (most optimal for insurgent groups) and NOT need radar for targeting.

All these things stand out like sore thumbs to aerial targeting data seekers. You don’t want to make an asymmetric force be a conventional one. That is not it’s speciality.

Good Morning Iranians! , when we say it is not SAM it is a long range ATGM with limited air defence role , not supersonic only good for heli , you were praising how advanced the missile as SAM.

Good Morning Iranians! , when we say it is not SAM it is a long range ATGM with limited air defence role , not supersonic only good for heli , you were praising how advanced the missile as SAM.
you do not put proximity sensors on an ATGM. best definition for this missile would be loitering munition.

12K Euros for the engine? But @VEVAK would let you believe everything that Iran creates doesn’t cost more than a “noon baar baari” :omghaha:

Just Remember who here said that Iran still procures foreign parts in rocket/missile industry.

looks like the guy who post the tweets above, can have two eyes and a brain, like xbat.

yes u both have eyes and brains, CENTCOM probably uses AI which is under an internship programme....So the riddle is solved...
For me its a multi purpose missile, may have dedicated mode for SAM behaviour.. No ones puts coastly proximity sensor array, necessary controllers and electronic support for analyzing feedbacks in a dedicated ATGM.

you do not put proximity sensors on an ATGM. best definition for this missile would be loitering munition.

12K Euros for the engine? But @VEVAK would let you believe everything that Iran creates doesn’t cost more than a “noon baar baari” :omghaha:

Just Remember who here said that Iran still procures foreign parts in rocket/missile industry.
I'm one of those people who said Iran IS still receiving equipment, parts , metals, technology from outside Iran. First culprit is China. 2nd is probably Russia, then or Belarus or Serbia. In this case, Iran did use imported foreign equipment. cheers.

I dont think producing it would even cost 20% of it.
?
How do you really know this? SO far only them have this engine and its 12K EUR so how can you arbitrarily say it can be made for 20% of this 12kEUR cost? there is no proof it can/has been produced for cheaper at the same quality and reliability....(and reliability is the reason Iran paid such good money for it)

Clearly you don't know how to read..... What does a micro jet engine built in Europe have to do with Iranian prices?

Also you act as if this was the 1st time you've ever seen RC jet engine prices !LOL! so here! When me and @PeeD used to talk about it i used to post them on this very site you fool! LOL! However the ones I posted were under 50lbf range but here haleshoo bebar osghol!
http://modelaircraftcompany.com/newshop/en/15-micro-jet-turbines
https://www.dreamworksrc.com/turbine-engines/jetcat-rc-turbines

nadeed badeed e badbakht!

And what the hell does that have to do with Iranian produced weapons that use domestic engines and even if we wanted to buy them for use on our weapons we would buy them bulk so the price would be nothing even close to $12000.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom