What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Looks like it was sent to Quds Force in Yemen for testing and evaluation against western backed systems.

Explains the assassination attempt on leader of Yemen operations for Quds force. Seems Quds is active in supplying experimental Iranian weapons for testing on the battlefield as well as using Iranian engineers alongside Yemen engineers to develop a homegrown capability to build various weapons themselves.

What you are seeing is the building of Yemen Hezbollah. But Houthis have higher independence than Lebanon Hezbollah or Iraqi Hezbollah. So I count them more an ally than a legion to Iran as western media likes to portray.

Intresting enough not many experimental Iranian weapons have been tested in Syrian civil war versus Yemen conflict. Likely because Iran wants data on its weapons against Western weapons/systems whereas in Syria it was mostly a war against low tech terrorists with no conventional force.

Read this (the whole thread)! Deducing how Hizbollah may soon have the capability to target iron dome s-band radars:

Time for some estimated guess! Which Iranian AD system is this?

Isn't technology the most beautiful thing in the world? Apparently flair was not able to fool the missile. But the jet detected it was being targeted so it is not a passive type. 3rd khordad or Tabas?

Yemen sources claim the AD is self produced!

Of course it is. Im sure they will soon reveal their own version of quantum computer and fusion reactor too.

Isn't technology the most beautiful thing in the world? Apparently flair was not able to fool the missile. But the jet detected it was being targeted so it is not a passive type. 3rd khordad or Tabas?

Of course it is. Im sure they will soon reveal their own version of quantum computer and fusion reactor too.
Probably a 2nd or even 3rd tier irgc system. Maybe even miniaturized and simplified. Any case, to the least they’ve received TOT from Iran. Would love to see some pics of the actual AD system!

Probably a 2nd or even 3rd tier irgc system. Maybe even miniaturized and simplified. Any case, to the least they’ve received TOT from Iran. Would love to see some pics of the actual AD system!
What I loved was the clean and smooth trajectory of the missile. It reached the target so effortlessly.

What I loved was the clean and smooth trajectory of the missile. It reached the target so effortlessly.
A great example that power cannot be bought. Houties professionally operating mature Iranian tech versus Saudi western built aircraft that they can’t even operate (flares going of way too soon)!

Looks more like a manpad type missile rather than an AD missile. Could use IR with an anti radiation seeker.

I don’t think there is a 3rd Khordad system rolling around in the middle of no where in Yemen. It’s to easy to spot with US intelligence providing Saudis with targeting data.

Also speed of missile is another fact typically AD missiles fly at several Mach’s, this didn’t seem to be that fast.

IDK maybe it’s the angle of video but it looks more like a portable AD fired off a railing.

Looks more like a manpad type missile rather than an AD missile. Could use IR with an anti radiation seeker.

I don’t think there is a 3rd Khordad system rolling around in the middle of no where in Yemen. It’s to easy to spot with US intelligence providing Saudis with targeting data.

Also speed of missile is another fact typically AD missiles fly at several Mach’s, this didn’t seem to be that fast.

IDK maybe it’s the angle of video but it looks more like a portable AD fired off a railing.
I think it was the angle of the video. It seems like the missile was moving away from the camera. But I agree a 3rd Khordad would draw too much attention unless they have made it look like a container truck.

I think it was the angle of the video. It seems like the missile was moving away from the camera. But I agree a 3rd Khordad would draw too much attention unless they have made it look like a container truck.

If it actually is Iranian then it's doubtful it be a missile any larger than the new missiles Iran's built for the Mersad… If Iranian then its would like be a modified version of these for within visible range operations... Something that would use optical systems rather than Search Radars...

No manpad missile has such a powerful warhead!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom