What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Gen Hajizadeh:
MQ-4 has an advanced super computer to process and analyze data collected by it's sensors, radars and cameras in real time. but this highly valuable drone is no longer effective against Iran, cause we have discovered all of it's codes, frequencies are encryptions. we can neutralize it not just from 50, 100 or 150km away, but from thousands of kilometers away.

سردار حاجی‌زاده: به تمام کدها و فرکانس‌های پهپاد ام کیو 4 دست پیدا کرده‌ایم/ این هواپیما دیگر در برابر ایران کارایی ندارد | خبرگزاری فارس

I did not see anything regarding the engine. Any info on the engine? was it completely annihilated?

the question is if there is any value for Iran to gain from it.
Since the RQ-170 downing, Iran for sure has the technology for an synthetic aperture radar (already shown)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-absar-sar-radar-seen-at-kish-air-show.461310/

1946340_663.jpg

1946341_498.jpg

I think americans learned from RQ-170 fiasco not to send sensitive technology which can fall in Irans hand
I think there is not much (nothing?) Iran can gain from this wreck

Since the RQ-170 downing, Iran for sure has the technology for an synthetic aperture radar (already shown)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-absar-sar-radar-seen-at-kish-air-show.461310/

1946340_663.jpg

1946341_498.jpg

I think americans learned from RQ-170 fiasco not to send sensitive technology which can fall in Irans hand

Lol Iran has the radar intact!!

1946340_663.jpg

1946341_498.jpg

Gen Hajizadeh said each recovered part is a treasure which will give us lots of information.

Gen Hajizadeh said each recovered part is a treasure which will give us lots of information.

All their codes and frequencies are now useless and without $100's of millions in upgrades they(RQ-4's) become more of a liability rather than an asset against Iran! However I would say the biggest lost would the supercomputer and sensor fusing technology because if Iran ever cracks that what the technology gain could potentially lead to would be endless

I did not see anything regarding the engine. Any info on the engine? was it completely annihilated?

Engine seems to be missing
missile hit the rear side of the drone , i doubt you can get anything but pieces from engine (probably only useful from metallurgy point of view if you can learn from that) but as it said the real prize of capturing these drones is not their engine , its their sensors and avionics .
drones usually have a more primitive engine than fighter planes if you want the latest in engine department you must go after them . if you like that engine , my suggestion is to buy one of these second hand and study its engine , they use the same engine
  • Cessna Citation X
  • Embraer ERJ family
  • Embraer Legacy 600
and honestly the real treasure is the small part in front of the drone that the reporter don't care about at all , the air-frame they are showing is just for the one who don't knew much

Last edited:
As I said at the end of the day the biggest loss is a rather compact and portable supercomputer with sensor fusing technology because what that could potentially lead too in developing other weapon systems and platforms would practically be endless.

From developing a wide range of more advanced Satellites to various more advanced weapon systems like sensor fusing multiple tanks together to adding the tech to your command center to sensor fuse multiple smaller UAV's, UGV together, to building more advanced fighter jets, UAV, UCAV & AWACS to sensor fusing the sensors on our ships and subs, to building more capable IADS systems,..... If Iran can crack that and reproduce it at an affordable cost the various things Iran could achieve from that tech alone would be endless and not just in the defense sector.....

However the IRGC needs to be very carful because depending on when it was recovered the Americans could have placed it there as a trojan horse to penetrate our own supercomputers...... Regardless, the hardware is still there for Iran to replicate and if it is as advertised and the IRGC in the coming years does crack it, what it could potentially lead to would be priceless for Iran making what the IRGC recovered truly a priceless treasure!

So I take it we can expect to see the composite body and fuel system used in next gen Surface to Air missiles too? That could help greatly increase ranges to 300/400km etc.

Back
Top Bottom