What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Any detailed news relevent to recent drone incident..
Iran Army Chief: Intruding Drone Brought Down by Homegrown System

“What has become certain for now is that the (intruding) drone was flying at a low altitude and was targeted by the Mersad indigenous system,” the top commander noted.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...ruding-drone-brought-down-by-homegrown-system

Al-Miyadin Network quoted an analyst as saying that the UAV shot down in Mahshahr by the Islamic Republic Defense Army system was a spy plane made by the Zionist regime that had flown from Bahrain.

https://defapress.ir/fa/news/369364/پهپاد-سرنگون-شده-در-ماهشهر-ساخت-رژیم-صهیونیستی-بود

I don't know what's wrong with this "nationalinterest.org" website, everyday they are publishing an article about Iran!

and in one Iran is the winner and in another Iran is the looser, it's like they can't decide! :lol:

I don't know what's wrong with this "nationalinterest.org" website, everyday they are publishing an article about Iran!

and in one Iran is the winner and in another Iran is the looser, it's like they can't decide! :lol:

They are paid to write bullshit. Their entire livelihood revolves around right wing non sense and they are part of the same company that owns Yahoo.

Yes, I stopped reading their articles , pure nonsense

I never claimed RCS was a fixed value..
The problem is you post like it is...:lol:

It still doesn't change the fact that in the 80's & 90's most radars being operated across various countries in the world filtered out anything showing up smaller than a bird...
The reason why a body have a fictitious radar cross section (RCS) is based upon...

1- Body dimensions
2- Operating freq
3- Distance
4- Material
5- Atmospheric composition

If you put a bird under radar bombardment and the only thing you change is item 2 -- operating freq -- that bird will have a changing RCS based upon the changes of the operating freq. Now apply that to each of the five criteria, meaning you keep constant four but changes just one. Next, you make variables all five items. Precisely because of this, your bird analogy is false from the start.

So how do radar systems filter out clutter? Largely by amplitude. A bird will have a variable amplitude based upon operating freq and atmospheric composition, for a simple example. One gain setting will detect the bird at one operating freq and atmospheric composition combination, but another gain setting will dismiss the bird at a different combination. Same body but different RCS values. You dismiss the bird at one setting but chasing the bird at another setting. If you raise the gain so that you do not chase birds or ghosts, you will end up missing the F-35 completely.

Do you see the point and your error now?

HOWEVER those day's are LONG GONE! And I'm sticking to my original statement....
Yeah...And you would still be wrong. I hope the entire Iranian military is filled with people like you.

this is very good :-):tup::tup:

Mass Production of Laser Cannons Starts in Iran

Iran’s Defense Ministry has begun manufacturing air defense laser cannons, a deputy minister said.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, General Qassem Taqizadeh said Iran has obtained the technical know-how to manufacture laser air defense cannons for bringing down hostile quadcopters and small aircraft.

He said the weapon has passed laboratory tests and is now being manufactured in the assembly line.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...ss-production-of-laser-cannons-starts-in-iran

Iran’s Defense Ministry has begun manufacturing air defense laser cannons, a deputy minister said.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, General Qassem Taqizadeh said Iran has obtained the technical know-how to manufacture laser air defense cannons for bringing down hostile quadcopters and small aircraft.

He said the weapon has passed laboratory tests and is now being manufactured in the assembly line.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...ss-production-of-laser-cannons-starts-in-iran
great news. i can't wait to see them on toofan and raad MRAPs.:smitten::smitten:

The problem is you post like it is...:lol:

The reason why a body have a fictitious radar cross section (RCS) is based upon...

1- Body dimensions
2- Operating freq
3- Distance
4- Material
5- Atmospheric composition

If you put a bird under radar bombardment and the only thing you change is item 2 -- operating freq -- that bird will have a changing RCS based upon the changes of the operating freq. Now apply that to each of the five criteria, meaning you keep constant four but changes just one. Next, you make variables all five items. Precisely because of this, your bird analogy is false from the start.

So how do radar systems filter out clutter? Largely by amplitude. A bird will have a variable amplitude based upon operating freq and atmospheric composition, for a simple example. One gain setting will detect the bird at one operating freq and atmospheric composition combination, but another gain setting will dismiss the bird at a different combination. Same body but different RCS values. You dismiss the bird at one setting but chasing the bird at another setting. If you raise the gain so that you do not chase birds or ghosts, you will end up missing the F-35 completely.

Do you see the point and your error now?

Yeah...And you would still be wrong. I hope the entire Iranian military is filled with people like you.

It's funny how you come to the same conclusions at the end yet your simply to stubborn to admit it!
RCS pickup by radars is NOT a fixed value the Aircraft may have fixed RCS from various angles under normal dry conditions however for radars Aircraft are moving objects with a constantly shifting angle that have to travel through various atmospheric conditions and whether or not a specific radar is sophisticated enough to differentiate those changes that's whole other matter however the statement still remains true.

Also, my comments were on how 80's and 90's era radar operators operated their radars and how that increased the value and capability of stealth Aircraft to go undetected against those systems compared to today's software backed systems and digital signals because back then the problem was never the frequency at which those radars operated rather lack of proper software backed filters and digital signals to properly differentiate....
In the 80's by the most part unless commanded to search for an object coming from a certain heading or unless by chance you picked up a shadow, your standard search settings wouldn't of been sufficient to pickup low RCS aircraft until it was too late and due to little known knowledge about stealth aircraft in general there would have been no reason to change your operations....

Very good news...i appreciated the development... We know iranians also pioneer in laser tech...

A good feature of the rugged and simple Matla ol Fajr series radars seem to be that it can move with the antenna array set-up.
That allows it to change position at low speed but sufficient to evade positioning for attack.

The new transporter erector launcher (TEL) of Iran's upgraded 'Mersad' air defense system equipped with an unknown type of missile.

76180166_2769221469971574_8079594431721766912_n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom