What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

تصویر_۲.jpg

تصویر_۱.jpg

sayyad 3 is 120km, s-300's best missile is 200km so matching that would be a huge achievement (depending on the missiles' other specs)

If sayyad-4's range is anything less than 250km I would be suprised. S-300 missiles, although upgraded are still old. Given Iran's advancement in materials and solid fuel and the size of sayyad-4, a 200km range would surprise me. I would not be "upset", as 200km is still a good capability, but still. My bet is on a range between 250-300.

If sayyad-4's range is anything less than 250km I would be suprised. S-300 missiles, although upgraded are still old. Given Iran's advancement in materials and solid fuel and the size of sayyad-4, a 200km range would surprise me. I would not be "upset", as 200km is still a good capability, but still. My bet is on a range between 250-300.
sayyad 2 is based on pretty old tech and I'd rather Iran built a more advanced/faster 200km range sayyad-4 than a just upgraded range version of sayyad 3

hopefully we'll find out soon

I really don't understand why some of the Sayyad systems only have 2 instead of 4 canisters.

We already have some idea of what the Bavar system is going to look like. Take a look at the picture on the left.

View attachment 538528

more pics
View attachment 538535 View attachment 538536 View attachment 538537 View attachment 538538

me too. maybe they want it to be expand throughout the country i mean Destroying a 2-launcher system is better than destroying an 4-launcher system.

I really don't understand why some of the Sayyad systems only have 2 instead of 4 canisters.

We already have some idea of what the Bavar system is going to look like. Take a look at the picture on the left.

View attachment 538528

more pics
View attachment 538535 View attachment 538536 View attachment 538537 View attachment 538538
Bavar 373 and other long range systems used against all targets(from low flying objects to high atlitude targets) must use 2 or even 3 different missiles because you can't built missile with excellent performanse for all targets,thus it is metter of price,design..etc...long range missiles needs to be much faster and have boosters..etc...any way point is large missile wights more..that could be one reason why some lunchers have 2 containers..but mostly it depend from system performance and deployment formation...for example 1 BUK system can control 4 lanchers and in same time it can target 4 targets while track 24....So BUK battery/system has 4 TELs but require only one to has radar attached on TEL...that is why you can see in one baterry some BUK(also Iranian RA'AD family) TELs without radars....Now you can use different configuration..but what really is important is how many targets it can aim and rarget in same time..how many can track...Bottom point is..that luncher is not airdefence system and it will never be deployed as standalone..instead it will be deployed in some formation..lowest one is battery and how many quad or twin lunchers will be deployed depends on system perfomanse,deployed missiles and formation....also most of those TELs can be used in twin and quad configuration at same time since containers can be attached independently(I can show you images of s-300 with only one canister..but it is quad luncher still) but I suppose there will be few different TELs because of missile size since bavar will have ABM component.....if they matched S-300PMU2 perfomanse and system will be ABM capable it means it canengage 12 targets(or more) in same time and it will use probably 3 different missiles..I'm expecting we will see one short range missile soon and with 2 we already saw it would be 3 different missiles for Bavar 373.
Now since it can engage 12 targets in same time they can use different formation deployemnts..6x4 would be logic and it is also standard S-300 deployment when not deployed at higher level formation..but they can also use s-300VM formation and add twin lunchers with ABM missiles or even use some own deployment formation..who knows.....it deppends from million factors...For example even in Russian military army doesn't follow air defense formation deployment because their situation,goals and needs are different..for example army deploy S-300vm as puk and s-300V is originaly designed for army...And again,to most of those lunchers,currently with 2 containers,4 missile containers can be attached just like PAC2...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom