What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

S-300VM promo

hummm I have a question, what is the difference between the PMU2 and antey-2500? which is best? iran is which version will equip?

the chain of S-300 are not closed? is it possible that Russia is selling the S-400 has iran?
or it modernizes S-300 at the S-400?

hummm I have a question, what is the difference between the PMU2 and antey-2500? which is best? iran is which version will equip?

the chain of S-300 are not closed? is it possible that Russia is selling the S-400 has iran?
or it modernizes S-300 at the S-400?

S-300VM is newer and better. S-300VM entered service in 2013.

S-300VM is newer and better. S-300VM entered service in 2013.
Iranian deal with russia is apparently based on :

PMU-1 missiles and missile launchers (48N6 missiles)

PMU-2 radars :

1- 30N6E2 Tomb Stone : engagement radar

2- LEMZ 96L6E : primary acquisition radar & early warning

3- NIIIP 64N6E2 : acquisition radar system

5- clam shell low alt. radar

Favorit's new command post has the capability to control SA-5 Gammon batteries as well , meaning that Iran will be able to create a very high quality AD network that is able to coordinate incoming data from all Iranian radars in the area and control all the launchers at once .

@rahi2357 @Serpentine @kollang @Arminkh @Daneshmand

PMU-2 radars :

Favorit's new command post has the capability to control SA-5 Gammon batteries as well , meaning that Iran will be able to create a very high quality AD network that is able to coordinate incoming data from all Iranian radars in the area and control all the launchers at once .

PMU 1 missile ?? pfffffffffffff, no !!!!! it goes to 150 km the enemy can easily master it requires minimum 200 to 250Km

Our Defence Minister said that : " we will unveil bavar 373 Anti Air Defence System in 1395 ( 2016-2017) , Bavar 373 is designed to Cover S300 weakness in long rage and it will get integrate with S300 , but it will be a long range missile just like S300 " ....

Our Defence Minister said that : " we will unveil bavar 373 Anti Air Defence System in 1395 ( 2016-2017) , Bavar 373 is designed to Cover S300 weakness in long rage and it will get integrate with S300 , but it will be a long range missile just like S300 " ....

Yani chi baba? Ina maro makhsareh kardan ham? In system gharar bood ke askan bejaye s-300 estefadeh beshe, alan miyan migan in tarahi shod ke weaknesse s-300 cover minkoneh? Ina mage midoonestan ke akhar s-300 ro roosiye beshoon mide?.

Last edited:

PMU-2 radars :

Good news. Though I think the number of systems around 5 is too low for a big country like Iran, specially in the absence of fifth G fighters.

We still do not know for sure, what system Iran is going to get. If it is going to be S-300VM, then this is a different system than PMU-1. Russia might not easily give S-400 to Iran, but that should have been the aim and still should remain the aim for Iran to acquire.

And as always without ToT and local manufacturing capability, any strategic benefit these bring will be minimal and short-lived. Let's not forget that under Shah, Iran had one of the most capable AD and AF in the world, let alone in the region with Early Warning radars, I-Hawk batteries and superiority fighters and even had ordered AWACS. Saudi Arabia and UAE also have enormous AD and AF capability now. But without American support, these capabilities will fall apart in weeks if not in matter of days. No local expertise, no glory.

Yani chi baba? Ina maro makhsareh kardan ham? In system gharar bood ke askan bejaye s-300 estefadeh beshe, alan miyan migan in tarahi shod ke weaknesse s-300 cover minkoneh? Ina mage midoonestan ke akhar s-300 ro roosiye beshoon mide?.

The Russians have been investing, experimenting, designing, developing and mass manufacturing AD systems since 1920's. Iran started a serious effort in 2010 and before that, the only serious effort was to make spare parts for I-Hawks and antique Russian systems starting in late 1990's. Taking into consideration, Iran's lack of a robust electronic industry, it will take a very long time to make something even close to PMU-1. Developing such systems depend much on capabilities of electronic industry, computational sciences, and rocket engineering. Even if we accept that Iran already has superb rocket engineering, I am not so sure about the electronic and computational capabilities of Iran.

Though in recent interviews of Iranian military, I have been seeing something quite good. That they have been humbled. They now know how difficult it is to design and produce these kind of systems. It is not really their intention to do "maskhareh". It is about becoming humbled. In 2010, they thought, they just push and within 2 years, they are going to have a ready system. Now they know it is not so easy.

Good news. Though I think the number of systems around 5 is too low for a big country like Iran, specially in the absence of fifth G fighters.

We still do not know for sure, what system Iran is going to get. If it is going to be S-300VM, then this is a different system than PMU-1. Russia might not easily give S-400 to Iran, but that should have been the aim and still should remain the aim for Iran to acquire.

And as always without ToT and local manufacturing capability, any strategic benefit these bring will be minimal and short-lived. Let's not forget that under Shah, Iran had one of the most capable AD and AF in the world, let alone in the region with Early Warning radars, I-Hawk batteries and superiority fighters and even had ordered AWACS. Saudi Arabia and UAE also have enormous AD and AF capability now. But without American support, these capabilities will fall apart in weeks if not in matter of days. No local expertise, no glory.

The Russians have been investing, experimenting, designing, developing and mass manufacturing AD systems since 1920's. Iran started a serious effort in 2010 and before that, the only serious effort was to make spare parts for I-Hawks and antique Russian systems starting in late 1990's. Taking into consideration, Iran's lack of a robust electronic industry, it will take a very long time to make something even close to PMU-1. Developing such systems depend much on capabilities of electronic industry, computational sciences, and rocket engineering. Even if we accept that Iran already has superb rocket engineering, I am not so sure about the electronic and computational capabilities of Iran.

Though in recent interviews of Iranian military, I have been seeing something quite good. That they have been humbled. They now know how difficult it is to design and produce these kind of systems. It is not really their intention to do "maskhareh". It is about becoming humbled. In 2010, they thought, they just push and within 2 years, they are going to have a ready system. Now they know it is not so easy.
I entirely agree with you, here is a comment realism. it is very difficult for her effet..c'est the best and purchased and request the maximum possible .it technology to do great proposition for technology, iran needs the S-400. S-300PMU1 is not enough. and 2 limit and limit.

s-400 with our defense will be assured, I think if iran again postpone the official left the bavar373 we noticed is that it is very difficult to develop a true sophisticate system and therefore iran surely awaits the arrival of s-300 to try to copy it and develop the bavar373.

and logically its breaks everything :) its mean, the talash3 is not as performand test it to make us croire..le S-300 has a range of 200km ... and also talash3 200km ..

bavar373 and he is struggling to develop the ??? here is that changes everything ..

11947500_845840568833132_793589988543344963_n.jpg

We must use our own domestic technologies such as Bavar-373. We can use Russians and S-300 system to upgrade and make bavar fully operational because if we want S-300 to cover all around the country's borders we need at least 8-10 S-300 system which is costly and expensive to keep them operational all time + cost of each missiles. But if we have some domestic system like bavar we can easily produce and keep them operational and in future we can upgrade them to something like s-400.

11947500_845840568833132_793589988543344963_n.jpg

We must use our own domestic technologies such as Bavar-373. We can use Russians and S-300 system to upgrade and make bavar fully operational because if we want S-300 to cover all around the country's borders we need at least 8-10 S-300 system which is costly and expensive to keep them operational all time + cost of each missiles. But if we have some domestic system like bavar we can easily produce and keep them operational and in future we can upgrade them to something like s-400.
hahahaha. what you said is logical but it is much more difficult. he already fautdra master the C4I system. if not master the bava373 will be zero. there is enormously thing is to develop a powerful system hopes to have it not suffice to make the carcass and the missile must be the frequency interference, calculates the ......

na ontor ke man fahmidam bavar-373 kare s-300 ro mikone + noghte zafhaye oono ham nadare... man intori fahmidam...vali khob ta ye chizi operational beshe...zamin hezar charkh mizane

na ontor ke man fahmidam bavar-373 kare s-300 ro mikone + noghte zafhaye oono ham nadare... man intori fahmidam...vali khob ta ye chizi operational beshe...zamin hezar charkh mizane
Bian chi began! Began 800 million dadim vali ba 1/4 oon meghdar khodemoon mitoonestim besazim y abegan 4 saal kar kardim hanooz natoonestim! Har kodoom ke dorst bashe nemitoonan began.

Az tarafi agar ham Bavar kar mikardeh va movaffagh boodeh nemitoonestan 4 milliard dolar be roosieh zarar bezanan. Ravabete technologicy do taraf va bede bestoone siasish az in 800 million mohemtar bood. Ehtemalan goftan khob ma migzarim va shoma ghara dad haye baadi jobran konid. ...

dar ghebale in soal ke chara sakhtid migan zafesho jobran mikoneh va bihoodeh nist. Ehtemalan hazineh R & D Bavar bish az 800 million dolar boodeh ke manteghi ham hast. In tarrahi ha hazineh ziadi dareh.

Oops mikhastam be yani chi baba relpy konam ... vali na marboot ham nist in reply

you decided to speak Farsi so I can not participate? :) You are mistaken, epechera nothing to say if it's good or not. ;)

So I ask you to try to elevate the level pliz. before managing a powerful system, we must speak of electreonique system and integration. eceque iran produces high-tech electronic component?

I invite you cast an eye on the C4I technology .. it is essential for a high-tech defense, the enemy mastery, mastery and Russia also, the S-300 and the C4I, if the bavar373 is not on technology as C4I. or greater than the C4I it is not even worth doing the comprait our system S-300 because it will be lower.

Back
Top Bottom