What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Hopefully soon sister. They have not yet officially unveiled Talash-3. Once they do, we will see testing of it etc.
Our enemies will get the message. The fact Iran has long range surface to air missile technology is enough to make them shiver.
Talash-3 was only a development phase and a prototype, final system will only be called ''Talash air defense system".

There has been a new report by Tasnimnews which has interesting details on Talash AD system developments and its components.

According to the report 3 variants of Talash AD system was tested, these 3 variants lead the way to the final ''Talash Air defense system''

The four phases of this system are called Talash 1, Talash 2, Talash 3, Talash(the final and completely indigenous variant)

Talash 1 was the initial tested version of Talash, it used an older variant of Sayyad-2 missile and was tested against low and mid altitude targets successfully.

Talash 2 used an improved version of Sayyad-2 which had higher engagement altitude.

Talash 3 was Talash 2 synced with russian S-200 in order to have higher range.

In the final version they dropped the S-200 from Talash 3 and added the new Sayyad-3 missile to it, this last system which is the final and definite version is now called ''Talash Air defense system'', according to report it is completely indigenous and apparently this is the system that will be deployed and enter mass production.

The final Talash AD system is able to engage mid and long range targets.

The report didn't specified the Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missile ranges, according to report the Talash is consisted of 5 components.(I use the exact Persian translation as I don't know the correct terminology)

1- Information sender
2- detection and engagement system
3- control and monitoring unit
4- launcher
5- Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missiles

Each Talash air defense unit will be consisted of three launchers, two command and control vehicles and radars(the persian text isn't exact, it can either mean that it has one control and command vehicle and one radar or that it has two of each).

Also sayyad-3 launchers will have wider and longer canister in order to accommodate the missile.

Note the source is in Persian
خبرگزاری بین المللی تسنیم - سامانه موشکی تلاش با تجهیز به "موشک صیاد ۳" کاملا بومی شد + جزئیات

I deeply admire Iran's advancements in missile technology. Hope we collaborate in SAM and radar tech, now that the sanctions have been relaxed.

People of Pakistan have great respect for Iran and want to see both nations as friends and partners. God knows we have enough enemies and troubled borders.
we all hope a regional cooperation and technological development is prevalent, but Pakistan must make peace with India to create a regiona superpower.
pakistan should not become the golf dog lackey, pakistan and well above the Arab countries

Talash-3 was only a development phase and a prototype, final system will only be called ''Talash air defense system".

There has been a new report by Tasnimnews which has interesting details on Talash AD system developments and its components.

According to the report 3 variants of Talash AD system was tested, these 3 variants lead the way to the final ''Talash Air defense system''

The four phases of this system are called Talash 1, Talash 2, Talash 3, Talash(the final and completely indigenous variant)

Talash 1 was the initial tested version of Talash, it used an older variant of Sayyad-2 missile and was tested against low and mid altitude targets successfully.

Talash 2 used an improved version of Sayyad-2 which had higher engagement altitude.

Talash 3 was Talash 2 synced with russian S-200 in order to have higher range.

In the final version they dropped the S-200 from Talash 3 and added the new Sayyad-3 missile to it, this last system which is the final and definite version is now called ''Talash Air defense system'', according to report it is completely indigenous and apparently this is the system that will be deployed and enter mass production.

The final Talash AD system is able to engage mid and long range targets.

The report didn't specified the Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missile ranges, according to report the Talash is consisted of 5 components.(I use the exact Persian translation as I don't know the correct terminology)

1- Information sender
2- detection and engagement system
3- control and monitoring unit
4- launcher
5- Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missiles

Each Talash air defense unit will be consisted of three launchers, two command and control vehicles and radars(the persian text isn't exact, it can either mean that it has one control and command vehicle and one radar or that it has two of each).

Also sayyad-3 launchers will have wider and longer canister in order to accommodate the missile.

Note the source is in Persian
خبرگزاری بین المللی تسنیم - سامانه موشکی تلاش با تجهیز به "موشک صیاد ۳" کاملا بومی شد + جزئیات

he was tested successfully? in what year? as if I made understands nor Talash nor bavar are ready? iran and therefore is vulnerable to an attack actuelement? .......

the system that you said are not sufficient must itemize. the increased complexity of radar and jamming of the system, we must also of inteligent and accurate missile extrenement

what you told me and reassuring but I'd like more detailed on the part of the army.

you think that the bavar373 worn and how KM? 250? 300 ??

Iran unveils advanced Nazir, Bina radar systems - Mehr News Agency

1 September 2015 - 12:16

TEHRAN, Sep. 01 (MNA) – Commander of Khatam al-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili unveiled new domestically-made radar systems in Tehran.
In a ceremony held on September 1, concurrent with National Air Defense Day, the commander unveiled Bina and Nazir radar systems, having advanced technological capabilities and “unique” in the region.

According to the reports, Bina is a 3D high-resolution control radar which has great ability in detection and identification of potential targets with low radar cross section, and can fully fight against electronic warfare while also detecting stealth targets.

Nazir is a long-range tracking radar with high accuracy in identification of separate targets which can detect and identify targets with its low cross section ability.

The system is protected against anti-radar missiles and enjoys the ability to detect targets at ranges in excess of 800 km and a height of 100 feet.

A number of Iran’s other homegrown air defense systems, including the upgraded model of the Keyhan (Cosmos) radar is also another system unveiled previously. This new version is a fully mobile radar system with high resolution.

Brigadier General Esmaili also unveiled a domestically-made IFF (Identification, Friend or Foe) system. The system can distinguish friendly forces from the enemy by detecting 100 targets simultaneously.

Esmaili said the country's Fat'h 14 radar would also be deployed in an air defense site, adding that the long-range system has semi-conductor technology.

The commander also noted that Iran would also produce and unveil new drones, but refused to give details due to security reasons.

The country has manufactured different types of state-of-the-art radar systems, including Arash-2 and Kayhan, as well as missiles, including Khalij-e-Fars (Persian Gulf), Mehrab (Altar), Ra'd (Thunder), Qader (Mighty), Nour (Light) and Zafar (Triumph).

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h06m25s906.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h06m30s562.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h07m14s453.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h06m00s265.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h06m05s687.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-09-01-19h06m22s562.jpg

Snips from the video below:

IRINN-09012015-1630

The commander of the airdefence base has stated, the new radars are completely indigenous are not only unique in the region but also in the world. They must be working in a special frequency. One of them has a range of 800km and altitude of 100,000 feet. They are very resistant to electronic warfare and can detect low RCS targets.

It seems they are resultant to show the actual radars and disclose their location. This is for security reasons and I think this is probably the right thing to do, even though I would have liked to see them.

Very good achievment and nice addition to Iran's impressive development in airdefence sector.

@haman10 @Daneshmand @Serpentine @Siavash @2800 @rahi2357 @Blackmoon @SOHEIL

IRINN-09012015-1630

The commander of the airdefence base has stated, the new radars are completely indigenous are not only unique in the region but also in the world. They must be working in a special frequency. One of them has a range of 800km and altitude of 100,000 feet. They are very resistant to electronic warfare and can detect low RCS targets.

It seems they are resultant to show the actual radars and disclose their location. This is for security reasons and I think this is probably the right thing to do, even though I would have liked to see them.

Very good achievment and nice addition to Iran's impressive development in airdefence sector.

Mashallah.

he was tested successfully? in what year? as if I made understands nor Talash nor bavar are ready? iran and therefore is vulnerable to an attack actuelement? .......

Sayyad-2 which is used in Talash as a mid range missile was initially tested in 2011, from that time Iran conducted tests which lead to development of the final Talash air defense system which uses both Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missiles, I detailed those development phases which are called Talash 1,2,3 in my previous post.

Here is Sayyad-2 test footage.

Picture of another more recent testing of new Sayyad-2 launcher
Iranian+Talaash+Medium+Range+Air+Defence+System+Fires+Sayyad+2+Talash+(struggle+high-altitude+air+defense+system++flying+targets,fighter+jets+bombers+(12).jpg

Prototype sayyad-2 launcher
Prototype-Sayyad-2-Launcher-during-tests-in-2011.jpg

Sayyad-2 launcher
Iran-Sayyad2-Hunter-Missile-Production-5-HR.jpg

Talash system has now completed its development and is ready to be deployed, I am sure they will unveil it in a ceremony which marks the first mass delivery to IRIADF but Bavar-373 is still in development.

the system that you said are not sufficient must itemize. the increased complexity of radar and jamming of the system, we must also of inteligent and accurate missile extrenement

Don't worry they are working on a large number of different radars in VHF, UHF, S/L band and etc, there are also a variety of different Air Defense system under development or on the process of being deployed like Tabas, Raad 1, Raad 2, 3rd Khorda, Alam al Hoda and etc.

Raad-1
n2738197-3999890.jpg

Raad-2
20140922_100335.jpg

Tabas
36170_145.JPG

3rd Khordad
ibxZIOppaf6uhs.jpg

what you told me and reassuring but I'd like more detailed on the part of the army.

you think that the bavar373 worn and how KM? 250? 300 ??
They have not specified Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 ranges which is logical because their fire control system were not complete and they were still under development and upgrading, so for now we don't have their ranges.

Last edited:
Sayyad-2 which is used in Talash as a mid range missile was initially tested in 2011, from that time Iran conducted tests which lead to development of the final Talash air defense system which uses both Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 missiles, I detailed those development phases which are called Talash 1,2,3 in my previous post.

Here is Sayyad-2 test footage.

Picture of another more recent testing of new Sayyad-2 launcher
Iranian+Talaash+Medium+Range+Air+Defence+System+Fires+Sayyad+2+Talash+(struggle+high-altitude+air+defense+system++flying+targets,fighter+jets+bombers+(12).jpg

Prototype sayyad-2 launcher
Prototype-Sayyad-2-Launcher-during-tests-in-2011.jpg

Sayyad-2 launcher
Iran-Sayyad2-Hunter-Missile-Production-5-HR.jpg

Talash system has now completed its development and is ready to be deployed, I am sure they will unveil it in a ceremony which marks the first mass delivery to IRIADF but Bavar-373 is still in development.

Don't worry they are working on a large number of different radars in VHF, UHF, S/L band and etc, there are also a variety of different Air Defense system under development or on the process of being deployed like Tabas, Raad 1, Raad 2, 3rd Khorda, Alam al Hoda and etc.

Raad-1
n2738197-3999890.jpg

Raad-2
20140922_100335.jpg

Tabas
36170_145.JPG

3rd Khordad
ibxZIOppaf6uhs.jpg

They have not specified Sayyad-2 and Sayyad-3 ranges which is logical because their fire control system were not complete and they were still under development and upgrading, so for now we don't have their ranges.

Dear @MTN1917, I'd like to ask you to visit here much more, we have a shortage of people like you who are well-educated about all kinds of military stuff. Hopefully, you will be promoted to our military Think-Tank if you have a more active role here.

IRINN-09012015-1630

bla bla bla......

no I did not say that the secret be revealed but showed that the weapons and much effective and attein its target over long distances like the ballistic missile. and each country shows are reliable weapons.

you said that we all know better met but a faith which makes me doubt is the story of qaher313, I can not swallowed such a big lie .. so I'm suspicious about any declaration as I have not seen evidence

Your comment make little to no sense. And this is not due to your bad English but the logic you're using or lack of it.
They have already showed videos of missile like sayyad-2 being used and hitting a target. When you ask for more "evidence" then clearly you want them to start showing the more classified information. How on earth will they prove the missiles have hit targets over long distances? Do you not realise how absurd these demands are? There is no country that shows more than what Iran has showed in testing. Even when the likes of Russian test their systems, they show the missile hitting a target like Iran did with sayyad-2, ra'ad etc.

I had addressed your comment in qaher many times already, but like a broken record you keep repeating the same thing over and over.

bla bla bla......

I think you need to stop making such childish comments because frankly, you're getting annoying now.

What radar has been coupled with Sayyad 2?

Pics and details plz.

What radar has been coupled with Sayyad 2?

Pics and details plz.

Sayyad-2 will be part of the Talash airdefence system, which includes sayyad-2 missile, range 60-100km, altitude of 25km, and also sayyad-3 missile with range of more than 200km and very high altitude.

Not officially confirmed but one of the radars used in the talash airdefence could be the Hafez radar. It has a range of 250km and can simultaneously track 150 targets:

139406071322337505983864.jpg

cc980b0f894b.jpg

31-Iran-new-Hafez-radar-in-Mersad-Air-defense-system.jpg

Iran has many, many other radars that could be used as well.

Your comment make little to no sense. And this is not due to your bad English but the logic you're using or lack of it.
They have already showed videos of missile like sayyad-2 being used and hitting a target. When you ask for more "evidence" then clearly you want them to start showing the more classified information. How on earth will they prove the missiles have hit targets over long distances? Do you not realise how absurd these demands are? There is no country that shows more than what Iran has showed in testing. Even when the likes of Russian test their systems, they show the missile hitting a target like Iran did with sayyad-2, ra'ad etc.

I had addressed your comment in qaher many times already, but like a broken record you keep repeating the same thing over and over.

I think you need to stop making such childish comments because frankly, you're getting annoying now.
is no disc is scratched, I did not have a correct answer on who Qaher and a fake for me

israel have just announced develop a system for the S-300 countered, it will equip these aircraft with a system for 300-s countered ........ then there was interest that the Iranian system be ultramodern otherwise it is useless to easily fabricated system.

I said blah blah blah .... because your review on the radar, how dare you say that it is unique in the world with high capacity scrambling and everything else? you have heard it is the best aumonde even the most advanced nation can not design a system similitaire.

iran has made much progress but not yet to develop the system as complex and performand

is no disc is scratched, I did not have a correct answer on who Qaher and a fake for me

israel have just announced develop a system for the S-300 countered, it will equip these aircraft with a system for 300-s countered ........ then there was interest that the Iranian system be ultramodern otherwise it is useless to easily fabricated system.

I said blah blah blah .... because your review on the radar, how dare you say that it is unique in the world with high capacity scrambling and everything else? you have heard it is the best aumonde even the most advanced nation can not design a system similitaire.

iran has made much progress but not yet to develop the system as complex and performand

I did not say it is a unique radar, the commander of the Iranian airdefence base Farzad Emaili said that. I am just translating what he said. You want to pretend you know more than the commander of the airdefence base and we should take your word over his? Saying they have made a unique radar does not mean it has to be so advanced that other nations cannot produce it. All one has to do is use common sense just for a second.

The rest of your comment is the usual statements which I have addressed many times.

This is my last reply to you because you have done nothing but waste my time and thread space.

It seems the Talash airdefence system is coming along nicely and is just entering production. Now, it's just a matter of time before IRGC shows their own long range gems. What we know is after the production of the Ra'ad series and their respective taer missiles, the IRGC said a year ago that they're working on surface to air missiles with ranges of 100km and 200km. We seem to get a small shot of one of the missiles:

579661_693.jpg

The missile is called sadid-630 and apparently, is up to twice as long as the Taer missile (range 50km) shown below:

tabas-1_tel.jpg

The question is whether the sadid has a range of 100km or 200km.

One thing is for sure, there is some serious work being done on Iranian long range airdefences. :D

There is:
1) Talash airdefence system
2) Bavar-373
3)Sadid 630 & the other missile being developed for ra'ad series.

What we need to do now is to start working on anti ballistic missile systems.

Back
Top Bottom