What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

In Iran patriot like launcher, the missile ignites from within the box where in Patriot and S-300 the missile is ejected first and ignites outside at a distance. Why is that?

I did not say it is a unique radar, the commander of the Iranian airdefence base Farzad Emaili said that. I am just translating what he said. You want to pretend you know more than the commander of the airdefence base and we should take your word over his? Saying they have made a unique radar does not mean it has to be so advanced that other nations cannot produce it. All one has to do is use common sense just for a second.

The rest of your comment is the usual statements which I have addressed many times.

This is my last reply to you because you have done nothing but waste my time and thread space.
stop believing everything he says to you, the commander also said the Qaher and a great hunter and blah blah blah.

we see what those weapons system will give a complete faith but I believe in the declaration not a ground-air defense system and super hard to produce it's not just the pitcher must be an ultra-modern missile radar super powerful interference therefore etc..etc ............. and I think that Iran not yet mastered this technology, the Western sandwich is more Decenie and we were some years you get has done better ?? it does not make sense

It seems the Talash airdefence system is coming along nicely and is just entering production. Now, it's just a matter of time before IRGC shows their own long range gems. What we know is after the production of the Ra'ad series and their respective taer missiles, the IRGC said a year ago that they're working on surface to air missiles with ranges of 100km and 200km. We seem to get a small shot of one of the missiles:

579661_693.jpg

The missile is called sadid-630 and apparently, is up to twice as long as the Taer missile (range 50km) shown below:

tabas-1_tel.jpg

The question is whether the sadid has a range of 100km or 200km.

One thing is for sure, there is some serious work being done on Iranian long range airdefences. :D

There is:
1) Talash airdefence system
2) Bavar-373
3)Sadid 630 & the other missile being developed for ra'ad series.

What we need to do now is to start working on anti ballistic missile systems.
I think that the bavar 373 and outperforms the S-300 .... hahahaha. s-300 can intercepting missile.

I think iran Devera work on the electronic system and inteligent interference, the enemy has a powerful interference, and if it was a simple system it will easily countered. we need super comlexe system detects and destroy with a powerful radar and jamming mesh with ultra fast tracked for missile and inteligent any target.

In Iran patriot like launcher, the missile ignites from within the box where in Patriot and S-300 the missile is ejected first and ignites outside at a distance. Why is that?

You're talking about hot launched (ignites inside the tube) vs cold launch (ejected out the tube and then motor starts).
There is not really tremendous advantages over either one of these launch systems. Cold launch system is used in vertically launched systems and whereas hot launched is used in both vertical and angled firings. I think the advantage of cold launch/vertical launcher like s-300 over the likes of sayyad-2 and patriot is obviously you don't have to physically move the missile tube to face towards the target.

The patriot missile as far as I know are all hot launched. Are you sure you were not mistaken?

@The Last of us and other respected members. Can you please tell me about these two missiles i.e. Sajiel and Fakour-90

From what I understand Sajiel did not go into production, whereas the Fakour-90 did. Can more learned members kindly shed more light on this?

Sajiel
Sajiel.jpg

Fakour-90
Iran Fakour 90 air to air missile.jpg
Fakour-2.jpg

Last edited:
Iran Launches Homegrown Air Defense C2 System

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran on Thursday unveiled a fully indigenized intelligent air defense command and control system named Great Prophet (PBUH).
printPrint
Iran’s Army Commander Major General Ataollah Salehi and Commander of the country’s Khatam al-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili were present at the ceremony held to unveil and launch the system.
Addressing the ceremony, Major General Salehi underlined that Iran’s experts should constantly update the country’s air defense systems.
General Esmaili, in his address, noted that all components of the C2 system have been produced by the country’s experts.
He added that from now on, all of the country’s air defense networks, which have been upgrade d and fully indigenized, will operate under the Great Prophet (PBUH) Command and Control System.
Iran has in recent years made great headways in manufacturing a broad range of military equipment, including the air defense systems that use cutting edge technologies.
Tehran has repeatedly stated that its military might is defensive in nature and poses no threat to other countries.

Tasnim News Agency - Iran Launches Homegrown Air Defense C2 System

It seems the pictures I posted earlier were of this system and not the radar Bazir etc. Do you guys know what these systems are right? :D This means 3600 current airdefence points in the country have been fully integrated together. A true integrated air-defence in Iran :D And who knows when this system was actually established and they're just showing it now. In the future, the airdefence centres will be increased from 3600 to over 5000

@The Last of us and other respected members. Can you please tell me about these two missiles i.e. Sajiel and Fakour-90

From what I understand Sajiel did not go into production, whereas the Fakour-90 did. Can more learned members kindly shed more light on this?
Fakour 90 is an air to air missile. An upgrade to AIM-54 that were use by USN Tomcats.

Sedjeel is an upgraded version of surface to air Hawk missile. Please note that we have a long range ballistic missile with same name as well.

The Sedjeel one is definitely under production because the Hawk system is the backbone of Iran's short range AA missile system and is now incorporated into Alzahra (@The Last of us correct me if I'm wrong) system.

Fakour on the other hand is used by F-14 only so it is probably produced in more limited numbers as we don't have a lot of them flying these days.

Last edited:
I added to my comments above.

Shaheen missile may be the name of the operational version of upgraded Hawk while Sejjil is probably an under development system. I personally have not heard a lot about it.

Bro, from what I understand, Shahin is SAM, Sajiel on the other hand is AAM. Both are advanced versions of the Raytheon Hawk

@The Last of us @syedali73 Comments?

Bro, from what I understand, Shahin is SAM, Sajiel on the other hand is AAM. Both are advanced versions of the Raytheon Hawk

@The Last of us @syedali73 Comments?
This is what I found about Sejjil:

The Project sedjeel was a project done by Jahade khodkafie-e Niruye Havaie to replace the AIM-54A Phoenix, there are few rumors that Iran received the help of Israel to adapt the missile to the AWG-9 radar of Tomcat.

The second statement above is too far from reality in my opinion.

This is what I found about Sejjil:

The Project sedjeel was a project done by Jahade khodkafie-e Niruye Havaie to replace the AIM-54A Phoenix, there are few rumors that Iran received the help of Israel to adapt the missile to the AWG-9 radar of Tomcat.

The second statement above is too far from reality in my opinion.

Bro, you didn't read the link I posted. GO to it, It's quoting Fars news agency.
SAM system based on Nasr missile | Page 5

The replacement for the Phoenix is the Fakour-90 Post#875 bottom two pics.

Anyways you are free to believe whatever you want to.

Bro, you didn't read the link I posted. GO to it, It's quoting Fars news agency.
SAM system based on Nasr missile | Page 5

The replacement for the Phoenix is the Fakour-90 Post#875 bottom two pics.

Anyways you are free to believe whatever you want to.
This is a name confusion . you're confused because of the names whereas @Arminkh is right

we have 2 sedjil missiles , one of them is MRBM , one of them is the AAM version of MIM-23 [HAWK] .

the latter was indeed an intended replacement for AIM-54 phoenix as Armin rightfully said . it was a project back in the 80s when Iran desperately needed a replacement for it's depleting stockpile of AIM-54s .

now having said that , MIM-23's range was no where near AIM-54 , thus , years later Iran started to work on a project to RE AIM-54 . initially successful , we also did some good job in upgrading the missile .

the new missile called Fakour or " AIM-54A+ " as it's NATO designation , was introduced not long ago to the public .

it's been rumored that it was the missile which was installed on our PersianCats when Russian knights - being a russian Airshow team - visited Iranian skies and were scorted by our boys .

the Russian knights took some picture that day who are available if you just google them ,

Shahin is the upgraded version of MIM-23 which works just like it's predecessor : it's a SAM

The below news is a testimony to the fact that the 3000km ranged Seperh OTH radar is already up and running :D

Top Commander: Iran Monitoring Enemies' Slightest Move from 3,000 KM Distance

TEHRAN (FNA)- Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli underlined that the country's integrated missile and radar systems are always monitoring moves and ready to fire and intercept hostile flying objects at any moment from over 3,000 kilometers away.
"Today we are capable of monitoring the enemies' slightest move from a distance of more than 3,000 kilometers," Brigadier General Esmayeeli said, addressing a pre-sermon speech of Tehran Friday prayers.

He reiterated that one of the achievements in the field of Air Defense in Iran is that the country has become self-sufficient in the production of radar systems and missiles.

Brigadier General Esmayeeli said Iran's Air Defense units have been deployed in some 3,700 locations across the country to give a crushing response to enemies' threats, while they have a message of peace and security to regional and friendly states.

He underlined that Iran's military capabilities serve as a deterrent arm against enemy threats.

Brigadier General Esmayeeli noted that Iran’s defense lines are not confined to the geographical borders, and said, "Given the increase in variety, speed and range of aerial weapons of the enemy and the intention of the enemy to destroy the infrastructure of the defending country, the defense lines can be expanded to all parts of the target (enemy) country."

Farsnews

Back
Top Bottom