What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

:what: .............:sleep:

-2-12-.gif

How close is Iran to acquiring one?

I was surprised to learn that Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey all have fleets of AEW&Cs but not Iran despite having such a large area to defend.
Does Iran need AWACS as a prority as she already has many ultra long range early warning radars entered the network?? Ghaem OTH(+1100 km), Sepehr OTH (+3000km) and many around 500 km radars?

@scythian500

Salam dadash. Brother what is your thoughts on the sadid-630 missile? That is one large missile relative to the taer missiles.

attachment.php

This comment blow it not aimed at your Scythian bro.
There seems to be some confusions about sayyad-d 3 missile and hat it is. The red missile below is the sayyad-3 missile, it has a range of more than 200km:

attachment.php

I think yavar once mentioned the sadid-630 missile is double the size of Taer missile (150-200km?), its called Alamolhod air defense system.

curiouse how the system will look like, how many sadid-630 missiles on a platform.

there are so many AD systmes right now in Iran, i lost the overview.
The RAAD system alone has so many names and variants, crazy....

Im a huge fan of the Mersad system, especially the newer variant with the Shalamche missile (~60km)
Hope to see soon any news about it, Mersad is also already mobile (old truck has been shown), maybe soon more modern design?

Also I heard some time back there should be unveiling mobile version of S-200, but we are still waiting.
Curious how it will look like.

Back
Top Bottom