What's new

Iran Wants 400 New Planes by 2025 If Sanctions End

I remember seeing something about a domestic Iranian passenger plane.

Here is my guess :
100 big (>200 passengers) airplanes Boing and Airbus for international use, and 200 medium(100< >150) and small (<100 passengers) airplanes for domestic and regional use, and 100 cargo planes, since Iran will certainly increase it world trade by air.
This sounds realistic, but the numbers can vary more or less, since Iran is working on the Antonov 150 for its domestic use.

yes and i dont mean it in any bad intention. Im sure you guys have great pilots and very skilled crew. Problem is, we do extensive training with pilots when an airline introduces a new Airbus model. Boeing does the same. But for western pilots its mostly an evolution, The differences ar not that big compared to the airplanes they used to fly before. But for iranian pilots it will be a jump of roughly 35 years of aviation technology. Evrything is automated, fly by wire and so on. The pilot is basicly also a system admin. Many pilots will have problems with that. The older ones even more so and this is a problem. And don't have illussions. Some may not be able to do it. And this is a huge personal problem. If you were a sucessful pilot for decades and then fail this...its important to not let thos guys alone with that. The worst thing that can happen to you is too wake up and realize you have become a living fossil.
Before you know it , Iran will make a domestic simulators for the new Airplanes , so they only have to train , let us say a hundred pilots to start with.

It is not that hard at all. Just pretty expensive.

If you guys are interested about how an A380 cockpit looks like, take a look here. Lufthansa chief pilot Jürgen Raps explains each detail:

This will make it easier for the current Iranian pilots to navigate since most of what they know is packed in screens, it just shifting from mechanical to electronic with the same gear involved.

Last edited:
Boeing-787-Dreamliner1-1.jpg

Boeing_787-8_N787BA_cockpit.jpg

Boeing%27s_commercial_aircraft_in_BBJ_livery.jpg

237525.jpg

13432000-boeing_airbus_objednavky_info_vv.jpg

73076.jpg

Antonov-158
Antonov-148.jpg

zahedi20120805122250543.jpg

Iranian experts have completed the feasibility studies of Iran's national plan to build 150-passenger airplanes and the project has entered the designing and manufacturing phase, an Iranian official says.

In accordance with Iran's 20-year Outlook, by 2021, the country needs 600 passenger airplanes out of which 270 aircraft should have the capacity for 100 to 150 passengers, President of Tehran’s Amir Kabir University of Technology Alireza Rahaei said in a Sunday interview with IRNA.

The experts at Amir Kabir University, Iran University of Science and Technology as well as Fars Science and Technology Park take part in the mega-project for manufacturing the 150-passenger aircraft, Rahaei added.
The project kicked off in early 2011, passing different phases, including need analysis, mission analysis and feasibility studies, and the results of the studies are now being implemented, the official said.

According to Rahaei, Iranian students have presented over 220 theses on passenger airplanes at the Aviation Faculty of Amir Kabir University over the past decade.

Meanwhile, the Iranian Defense Ministry has also been manufacturing a licensed version of the Antonov-148 since 2009.

PressTV - Iran kicks off manufacturing indigenous passenger airplanes

00008783.jpg

Just one tip, let engineers run the business. As soon politicians interfer it will get much harder ;)

I think it will be great day for Iran, when the first Iran Air A380 lands in Tehran.

Hopes are great my dear friend but will my baboon compatriots let the competent people do their job? I doubt so.... but hope is our only choice

well I doubt we go after planes such as A-380 at first ,and later I hope we go after newer ones

I dont want talk abot job please. As for your question, i think most educated iranians do know and realize that building own aircrafts is totally out of question and would be a criminal waste of taxmoney.

Iran as a nation is simply too small to develop its own civil aircraft industry. You simply have no market for it, The rescources this would need are totally out of control. To develop just one single type of aircraft you need years in planning and testing and it costs hundreds of billions of €. Then you need customers to buy this airplane. You must sell at least 180 for example to be at the break even point. Thats why i say don't let politicians decide. Nationalism is the last thing you need in aviation. It would break irans financial backbone.

I want to see a better relationship between Iran and Western Nation, they (Iran and Western Nation) had everything in common than with the Russian or even the Chinese. This will be a good foundation for Iran in long term

I dont want talk abot job please. As for your question, i think most educated iranians do know and realize that building own aircrafts is totally out of question and would be a criminal waste of taxmoney.

Iran as a nation is simply too small to develop its own civil aircraft industry. You simply have no market for it, The rescources this would need are totally out of control. To develop just one single type of aircraft you need years in planning and testing and it costs hundreds of billions of €. Then you need customers to buy this airplane. You must sell at least 180 for example to be at the break even point. Thats why i say don't let politicians decide. Nationalism is the last thing you need in aviation. It would break irans financial backbone.
well for large plane such as A380 I'm sure the competition between boeing and airbus is so hard that there is no place for others but what about smaller planes ? let's say something between 50-150 passenger aircraft ?

well for large plane such as A380 I'm sure the competition between boeing and airbus is so hard that there is no place for others but what about smaller planes ? let's say something between 50-150 passenger aircraft ?

The market there is even harder to crack. Do you really want compete with Bombardier, Embraer, GulfStream, LearJet, Boeing and Airbus? All the named corporations offer products in this market segment.

I think the best option for Iran would be a joint venture with Airbus for example and get investments and maybe even a production plant in the future.

The market there is even harder to crack. Do you really want compete with Bombardier, Embraer, GulfStream, LearJet, Boeing and Airbus? All the named corporations offer products in this market segment.

I think the best option for Iran would be a joint venture with Airbus for example and get investments and maybe even a production plant in the future.
well Iran planned a joint venture with Tupolev For Tu-204 but it was on hold because of the problem with sanction which made problem for delivering the engines.
and also right now we have a joint program with Ukrainian Antonov in producing Iran-140

We better work and focus on designing our own planes, neither West nor Russia cannot be trusted. They will stop spare parts and maintenance and etc. as soon as we do something against their will ...

Back
Top Bottom