What's new

Iran versus Azerbaijan - which one is stronger?

That is a manufactured history fed to Azerbaijanis by state to bolster their national identity. The truth is that Azerbaijan was a province of Iran for atleast 2500 years if not more. Open up any non-state issued history book and read it. Iran just like any other big nation with a great empire history is composed of many different ethnicity and it natural for rulers to come from them. No surprises there. Iranians accept this. As for rejoining the motherland again open up any respectable history book and see for yourself that during the history of Iran many such small lands like Azerbaijan seceded partially from Iran only to rejoin again. Nations with great histories are like that. Azerbaijan did not existed as a COUNTRY ever before 1990. Another factual history. So a state built on just 21 years of history is not really in a position to project massive power specially that during its entire history it has been ruled by a single king. It is a country with a single king history. There are more Turkic dialect speaking people in Iran than in Azerbaijan and also lets not forget that Iran's most powerful man is also one of them and interestingly he sees Azerbaijan as a anti-Islamic state whose people should be helped to free themselves from their dictatorship. When was the last time there was an election in Azerbaijan? What happens to the guy who stand up against the president cum king in an imaginary election? Is he going to be boiled and skinned? I thought so. That means brutal dictatorship.

Many wrong points.

1: 2500 years has no relation to modern Azerbaijan, modern Azerbaijani nation are descendets of Seljuqs. So we are in fact conquerors of Iran in a sense.

2: In what way? Iran did not exists as a state in modern terms before 1925, that is when Pahlavid came to power. First Azerbaijan Republic was created in 1918, not 1990. Also, there was state called Atabegs of Azerbaijan in 1135-1225 that ruled large parts of Iran aswell. And altough a state in modern sense did not exist, Azeris are direct descendets of Seljuqs, Ilkhanate, Kara-Koyunlu and Safavids. Our ancestors ruled Iran for centuries, not vice-versa.

Azerbaijan are not democratic, but surely it is much more democratic than Iran when it really comes to it. No one dies in Azerbaijan because they want to shout slogans. Can you even write something against Iranian regime in Iran? A guy just because forgot to write "Salam" to Ahmedinejad in his letters were thrown to jail.

Urdu=Ordu=Army.. Urdu gets its name from the Turkish word "Ordu" which means army (look for the various combinations in which the word is still used in Turkish such as Ordug� and Orduevi).

Further, according to researchers, the first Urdu poet was Masood Saad Salman who lived in Lahore in the twelfth century A.D. He is believed to have composed three poetic anthologies in Turkish, Persian and Hindvi (as was name given to Urdu in that era). Unfortunately, this works could not be traced and we can only rely on the brief references to Saad Salman in Amir Khusro's famous book "Ghurratul Kamal". It can thus be concluded that the origin of Urdu language can be easily traced to Turkish.

Do you know anything about the Urdu language? Urdu is classified as one of Indo-Aryan languages. There is no doubt about it. I can translate the Pakistani national anthem into Persian and you'll clearly see the similarity between them. I know that the Pakistani national anthem extensively uses Persian but there are many common words between Persian and Urdu. more than 10,000's perhaps. Ask any Pakistani on this forum about that.

Brother why dont you understand, it is them (Iranians) threatening our brother Azerbeijan! How do you connect this with the west? Why dont they just behave and stop their hostilities and provocations towards Azerbeijan and be peacefull so that nothing happens?

Why do you like to jump in out of ultra-nationalism? Do you know why this thread started? because some Azerbaijani on another thread provoked us. I told him that if he thought the Azerbaijani forces were stronger than Iran, then he should open a thread for discussing it in military terms. He didn't open it but Persian God King opened it and I think he shouldn't have done that.
Iran is peaceful. the thing that Iran is tolerating Azerbaijan's leaders that some people like Aliyev or Pashayeva clearly talk about the Azerbaijani diaspora in Iran and talk about 'Greater Azerbaijan' shows how peaceful and wise Iran's position is on this matter.

Nobody seemed to get my point. Both Turks and Iranians are civilized people, but still do not get my point. Ok kill each other with your tanks, bombs, guns, airforce... The whole world will laugh at both of you.

Nobody seemed to get my point. Both Turks and Iranians are civilized people, but still do not get my point. Ok kill each other with your tanks, bombs, guns, airforce... The whole world will laugh at both of you.

I do get your point brother. That's why I don't respond to some of their lame posts while you know that I can simply respond back.

It is not about Islam, as you can see they since a long time have declared war on our identity. They are hostile towards anything that is Turkish.. They brainwash the Turks into believing they aint Turk..or that it is somehow a sin to love it. They even misuse Islam to brainwash our people and our people now hate everything about Turkish culture. It is not a bad thing to be Turkish, we are Turks. We need to wake up and unite all Turks.. the ones using religion to make people hate their own cultures are enemies of the nation and must be dealed with! Period brothers! Islam is not like that! True Islam and Turkish culture dont oppose eachother that much. Before Islam our people believed in the heaven God.. Turkish culture is all about love, respect and honesty. This is not against Islam.

Iran needs to improve their relations with Azerbaijan, and review some of their regional policies. With mutual respect, both countries will have a better situation. Amending policies with Azerbaijan will also create new windows with Turkey, as well.

It is not about Islam, as you can see they since a long time have declared war on our identity. They are hostile towards anything that is Turkish.. They brainwash the Turks into believing they aint Turk..or that it is somehow a sin to love it. They even misuse Islam to brainwash our people and our people now hate everything about Turkish culture. It is not a bad thing to be Turkish, we are Turks. We need to wake up and unite all Turks.. the ones using religion to make people hate their own cultures are enemies of the nation and must be dealed with! Period brothers! Islam is not like that! True Islam and Turkish culture dont oppose eachother that much. Before Islam our people believed in the heaven God.. Turkish culture is all about love, respect and honesty. This is not against Islam.
Go say that in a Pan-Turk forum. Here people have the ability to analyze your words and they don't buy your B.S here.
Iran isn't an anti-Turkish country. if you think Iran is anti-Turkish, then you've been brainwashed.

Iran needs to improve their relations with Azerbaijan, and review some of their regional policies. With mutual respect, both countries will have a better situation. Amending policies with Azerbaijan will also create new windows with Turkey, as well.
We don't need to review our regional policies. in Azerbaijan, some people like Aliyev have become so unreasonable that they talk about Azerbaijani diaspora in Iran, they call Iran's Azerbaijani provinces as southern Azerbaijan. They provoke Iran. They need to stop that. As I said earlier, they are signaling the wrong message to us and they should stop it if they want amicable ties with Iran. I wonder what Pakistanis would do if India does the same. It's kinda the same situation.

reality check:

iran never fought an offensive war! last time they were just trying to protect their country against iraq and it took 8 years

iran is not in a position to initiate a land attack since it has no or very limited capacity to provide an air cover for their land forces

they cant cross their border all they can do is supporting terrorists in the region like pkk as they have done before

iranian army belongs to 70s

iranian capabilities and therefore their war doctrine is defencive and based on retaliation by nature

I dont care about Urdu, we Turks came on our horses, conquered the place with the sword. while you persians came and influenced them secretly with your languages and culture etc..and assimilated them.. We Turks never thouched the cultures and languages of other peoples.. If we did.. today Slavs, Greeks, Armenians, Arabs you included and many many others would speak Turkish!

And they should, they have the right to do this... Why dont you stop assimilating and brainwashing them?

You seem to lack history knowledge. the Persian empire spanned 3 continents from west of China to Egypt and parts of ancient Greece. the same could've been true Had the Persians imposed their language on the regions they had conquered.

No, They shouldn't. Because we can do the same in return. We can exploit the cruelty of their regime in suppressing religious ceremonies and values. You people are too hot-headed. As I told you earlier, Iran isn't an anti-Turkish country. but you people are too hot-headed to understand this. Pan-Turks are among the most racist people on earth and I'm happy that Turkey isn't ruled by such retarded people now. Racism, Chauvinism and Ultra-nationalism all are products of ignorance.

The goal of this thread was to compare the two countries in terms of military aspects. but some racist and ultra-nationalistic people jumped in and deviated the thread from its real goals. It's awful.

Oh now im labeled a hatefull panturk racist Turk? Misunderstood i think. Anyway Turks you seee. Loving your wonderfull Turkish culture is same as being hatefull panturk racist almost terrorist Turk.. do u now clearly see and understand what i was trying to say, this hostility against everything that is Turkish???

Oh now im labeled a hatefull panturk racist Turk? Misunderstood i think. Anyway Turks you seee. Loving your wonderfull Turkish culture is same as being hatefull panturk racist almost terrorist Turk.. do u now clearly see and understand what i was trying to say, this hostility against everything that is Turkish???

You're talking about Turkish superiority over other races and you have jumped in for no good reason that you can explain it to us, then you want me to say that you're a very cosmopolitan guy who embraces international values and love? stop with your racist comments and I'll take back what I said and don't play the role of the victim here, it doesn't work.

Friend the strongest Persian Empire you talk about are Turks!! Please reconize!

Friend the strongest Persian Empire you talk about are Turks!! Please reconize!
Ladies and Gentlemen, Please stand up applauding the best comedian of 2011. the Persian empire were Turks!!! Just like Urdu which is a Turkic language!!!
Please, be rational. This is a public forum. people can read what you're writing amigo.

You're talking about Turkish superiority over other races and you have jumped in for no reason that you can explain it to us, then you want me to say that you're a very cosmopolitan guy who embraces international values and love? stop with your racist comments and I'll take back what I said and don't play the role of the victim here, it doesn't work.

No problem, friend, i thought that Iran was bullying Azeris.. Just wanted to show that they are not alone. We Turks will defend them if anyone dares to violate any of their rights.

No problem, friend, i thought that Iran was bullying Azeris.. Just wanted to show that they are not alone. We Turks will defend them if anyone dares to violate any of their rights.
I'm sorry my friend, but you didn't show that they are not alone. you showed that you could be so irrational and say things that even you would laugh at them if you read them when you're in a normal mood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom