What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

POUYA AIRLINES, an Iranian airline sent an IL-76D to Russian airport yesterday, spent 2 hrs in the airport, and flew back to Iran.

IRan has delivered some military hardware to Russia already, this is more or less confirmed now. What exactly Iran delivered, i'm unsure, but i know it will make life for Ukranian military harder.
Or Russia delivered to Iran

So Turkish & Iranian drones could be pitted against each other in the Ukrainian war? Assuming drones are equipped with air-to-air missiles.

They could use aerial machine guns on each other.
Could be the case. Turkey and Pakistan also have opposing views in regards to the Ukraine situation. At least under Imran Khan's government. Pakistan sent some aid to Ukraine but Imran's policies were clearly neutral and accepted Russia's right for self-defence.

Also interesting to note that during the Beijing Olympics, weeks before the Ukraine war, Xi Jinping invited Putin and Imran Khan as special guests while many western countries boycotted the event. Xi met with Putin as well as with Imran, and, I'm sure much talks of importance was done.

Whenever Muslims ruled the Indian subcontinent, our relations with China were always friendly. The Mughal Islamic empire did massive trade with China and even surpassed the then Chinese dynasty's (Great Ming) GDP and overtook it as the #1 ranked economy in the world. It was only when the Brits and pro-Hindu nationalist took control of the subcontinent did the relations with China sour. Even today, Modi's India dislikes China while Pakistan & Bangladesh have very good relations with China.

I do believe that Pakistan, under Imran Khan, will purge the corrupt mafias and rulers and then start taking a strong Islamic path with an alliance with Russia & China.

In an Hadith, it was narrated that Thawbaan, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are two groups of my ummah whom Allah will protect from the Fire: a group who will conquer India, and a group who will be with ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him).”

And, The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said – and he mentioned India – then he said: “An army of yours will invade India and Allah will grant its conquest to them, until they bring their kings in chains, and Allah will forgive them their sins. Then they will return and when they return, they will find the son of Maryam in ash-Shaam (Syria).” Abu Hurayrah said: If I live to see that campaign, I will sell everything I possess and join the campaign. Then if Allah grants us victory and we return, then I will be Abu Hurayrah the freed (protected from Hellfire). And when we return to Syria we will find there ‘Eesa ibn Maryam. Then I shall make sure that I draw close to him and tell him that I accompanied you, O Messenger of Allah. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) smiled and said: “Unlikely, unlikely.” [very difficult?]

Could be the case. Turkey and Pakistan also have opposing views in regards to the Ukraine situation. At least under Imran Khan's government. Pakistan sent some aid to Ukraine but Imran's policies were clearly neutral and accepted Russia's right for self-defence.

Also interesting to note that during the Beijing Olympics, weeks before the Ukraine war, Xi Jinping invited Putin and Imran Khan as special guests while many western countries boycotted the event. Xi met with Putin as well as with Imran, and, I'm sure much talks of importance was done.

Whenever Muslims ruled the Indian subcontinent, our relations with China were always friendly. The Mughal Islamic empire did massive trade with China and even surpassed the then Chinese dynasty's (Great Ming) GDP and overtook it as the #1 ranked economy in the world. It was only when the Brits and pro-Hindu nationalist took control of the subcontinent did the relations with China sour. Even today, Modi's India dislikes China while Pakistan & Bangladesh have very good relations with China.

I do believe that Pakistan, under Imran Khan, will purge the corrupt mafias and rulers and then start taking a strong Islamic path with an alliance with Russia & China.

In an Hadith, it was narrated that Thawbaan, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are two groups of my ummah whom Allah will protect from the Fire: a group who will conquer India, and a group who will be with ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him).”

And, The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said – and he mentioned India – then he said: “An army of yours will invade India and Allah will grant its conquest to them, until they bring their kings in chains, and Allah will forgive them their sins. Then they will return and when they return, they will find the son of Maryam in ash-Shaam (Syria).” Abu Hurayrah said: If I live to see that campaign, I will sell everything I possess and join the campaign. Then if Allah grants us victory and we return, then I will be Abu Hurayrah the freed (protected from Hellfire). And when we return to Syria we will find there ‘Eesa ibn Maryam. Then I shall make sure that I draw close to him and tell him that I accompanied you, O Messenger of Allah. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) smiled and said: “Unlikely, unlikely.” [very difficult?]

well, actually , Ottoman and Mughal teamed up against Iran and supported Hotakis ... then someone named 'Nader' came and signed mughal empire end then wasted ottoman professional armies which they couldn't never fully recover from it ...

well, actually , Ottoman and Mughal teamed up against Iran and supported Hotakis ... then someone named 'Nader' came and signed mughal empire end then wasted ottoman professional armies which they couldn't never fully recover from it ...

Nader really was the last of great Iranian generals.

They've been set to supply spare parts for Boeing & Airbus aircraft operated by Russian civilian airliners.
That is one possibility.
However,you`re looking at a big airlift here,over 40 flights using irans largest air freighters,so whatever is being delivered theres probably a lot of it.

That is one possibility.
However,you`re looking at a big airlift here,over 40 flights using irans largest air freighters,so whatever is being delivered theres probably a lot of it.
Considering transfers of Shahed-129.

The wingspan seems too long to fit in a IL-76 and if you put it in sideways, you won't be able to fit much, but I think if the design is modular enough where you can remove the wings with ease, you can certainly fit 3 in there for a transfer.

So to transfer around 300 UAVs to Russia would require a ton of flights, if you are using a single aircraft for the airlift. Iran has been making flights for months now, so it seems like a build up of equipment is on going if these are infact UAV related flights.

Of course support equipment and munitions would also need to be transfered in the 1000s.

Surely these transfers should really be done by boat through the Caspian.

Considering transfers of Shahed-129.

The wingspan seems too long to fit in a IL-76 and if you put it in sideways, you won't be able to fit much, but I think if the design is modular enough where you can remove the wings with ease, you can certainly fit 3 in there for a transfer.

So to transfer around 300 UAVs to Russia would require a ton of flights, if you are using a single aircraft for the airlift. Iran has been making flights for months now, so it seems like a build up of equipment is on going if these are infact UAV related flights.

Of course support equipment and munitions would also need to be transfered in the 1000s.

Surely these transfers should really be done by boat through the Caspian.
You separate the wings for transport. it's only 4 screw. It even don't take 3 min.
You even can fly it to Russia by autopilot and nobody even can track that.

There's a reason why the Ukrainians have been targeting ammo dumps specifically. Let's say Ukraine launches 8 rockets, Russia shoots down 7, but if one hits the ammo dump, because of the chain reaction, the entire facility goes sky high. Whereas if you consider the same scenario for an airbase for example, 1 missile hitting an airstrip wouldn't be such a big deal.
They have a hard time shooting down the missiles. Just recently saw them firing SAMs long after a bridge got hit by a dozen. Very slow reaction.

The Russians have shot down HIMARS rockets. Images have been published online, but there's only so much they can shoot down. No system is full proof. Look at Patriot PAC3 performance in Saudi Arabia against cheap Iranian export drones. Look at Iron Dome against homemade Hamas rockets. No system is full proof.

Just yesterday the Russians shot down a dozen or more rockets launched by the Ukrainians but you can never get them all. Anyways now the Russians will adapt. They will likely disperse their ammo, store it in underground bunkers, be more secretive, beef up their air defenses. During this war the Russians have been really good at adapting and I guarantee they'll do it again.

Anyways it seems as if the Russians have now entered Seversk and the outskirts of Bakhmut and Soledar. The Ukrainian defensive lines are crumbling again. Yesterday Ukrainian officials stated that Ukraine had lost 500 soldiers. The real number is likely much higher. Now Ukraine is recruiting women to fight. I don't think that they can sustain such losses for much longer. Germany had millions of soldiers at the end of WW2 but they still lost. Not every soldier is a good soldier or an elite soldier after all.
The Ukrainians have women in service for years now, they didn't just started because they are in bad shape. That be like saying The U.S. have women in the military, we must be desperate in times of war. I know for a fact the Russians are desperate for men since they barely progressing in all fronts, even getting push back in some fronts. Recruit men at the age of 65 and forcing men in occupied areas in Ukraine to fight.

Which arsenal are you referring to? If your referring to Iran’s HIMARS like systems they have range of 100-120KM. Again a weapon that is limited to 50 miles (US or Iran) isn’t a game changer. It is limited to infantry level and not considered an major area denial weapon.

So unless US was invading Iran via land (highly unlikely) these weapons are useless outside of ground warfare.

A weapon that can strike strike 700-1500KM using quasi ballistic to glide flight trajectory carrying 500-750kg warhead is considered lethal and game changing as you can target the enemies key areas (C&C, oil terminals, bases, etc) and since your enemy (USA) isn’t next door he has to spend much more money bringing his weapons to your shores to replace what you destroyed.

The U.S. is introducing the new missiles with upgrades that could go from 800 to 1000km range. The first ones are 500km because of the INF treaty but since the U.S. left it, they will increase the range further. So I wouldn't call them useless. Even then in Ukraine you see them not just limited to infantry but also targeting ammo depots and command and control, etc.
They aren’t game changers either. Even when it’s hit bases and killed foreign troops inside and outside Yemen. Or airports or oil terminals. The war has continued.

Yemen is firing rather cheap missiles against multi million dollar interceptor missiles. Saudi Arabia is draining its coffers in a war it will never win. At best it can hold half of Yemen and Houthi’s other half. The dream of getting rid of Houthi influence and sending them back to the very North is long over. Just a war of attrition at this point and Yemen has nothing to lose.
Are you saying the Saudis won't leave Yemen? Or end the war?
That’s my point. HIMARS and M270s are infantry and battle line weapons not game changing long range weapons.

And you are talking about Russia, the country that fought Hitler’s war machine and sacrificed millions at Stalingrad. You think a few ammo depots or barracks being hit will change their mindset?

The West has spent over 30B (likely much higher) to keep Ukraine from losing completely. Without that aid, Ukraine would be out of drones, guns, artillery, air defense systems. They would have fallen like a rock in the ocean.

The west isn’t stupid. They are giving arms that prolong the conflict to inflict PAIN on Russia not to HELP Ukraine gain back territory. There is a difference.
But the Russians left Afghanistan after losing 15k troops after fighting for 10 years. How can a country that lost millions for a city, withdraw from Afghanistan after only losing 15k? And Afghanistan is next door too at the time.

Putin is asking Turkey to allow them to be built in Russia. Think Iran would do the same?

Putin Pushing for Ukraine's Drone Supplier to Make Weapons for Him: Turkey​

Russian President Vladimir Putin is reportedly pushing for Ukraine's drone supplier to produce weapons for the Kremlin, according to a new report from CNN Turk.

On Tuesday, CNN Turk reported that while meeting with members of the AK Party Central Executive Committee, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Putin recently approached him about creating a Baykar drone factory in Russia.

"Putin says, 'Let's work together with Baykar,'" Erdogan said during the meeting, according to CNN Turk.

Baykar is a drone manufacturer located in Turkey that has supplied unmanned aerial drones to Ukraine, amid the country's ongoing war with Russia.

NEWSWEEK NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP >
The report by CNN Turk comes shortly after the CEO of Baykar, Haluk Bayraktar spoke with CNN and said that the company does not plan to provide weapons to Russia.

Back
Top Bottom