What's new

Iran to build military base on port connected to Pakistan border

This is actually good move. It is important to secure the borders to preserve the investments such as commercial ports on pipeline. Given the recent situation where Indian agent was caught masquerading as Iranian in Pakistan side of Balochistan proved disaster PR for Iran.

Pakistan should do the same and expand all the way to Afghanistan to ensure the enemy of Pakistan are kept at bay. Pakistan cannot forever fight against terrorist-outfit aka TTP unless border is secured or the military operation is expanded all the way to Afghanistan to eradicate the home source of terrorism once and for all.

Unfortunately, incompetent USA army has failed to do its job in Afghanistan so it is up to Pakistan army to eradicate terrorism now.

Some members from my country, Pakistan, are hillarious and I'm literally laughing my @$$ off.

On a govt level, Iran is considered as a friendly and brotherly nation. If they are building a base close to Pakistan borders, what is the issue? It's their land, let them build. I'm sure Iran will not mind if Pakistan does the same.

Some members from my country, Pakistan, are hillarious and I'm literally laughing my @$$ off.

On a govt level, Iran is considered as a friendly and brotherly nation. If they are building a base close to Pakistan borders, what is the issue? It's their land, let them build. I'm sure Iran will not mind if Pakistan does the same.

Pakistan already has bases at Gwadar and Pasni, which are just as if not even more close to the border than this proposed Iranian base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Makran
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Akram

I am simply baffled by some of the comments made by our countrymen here as well :/

It is the "Let's Fight Iran Day" in Pakistan again, 4 days for India, 2 days for Afghanistan and one day for us, "the backstabbers" :yahoo::pop:

Pakistan already has bases at Gwadar and Pasni, which are just as if not even more close to the border than this proposed Iranian base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Makran
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Akram

I am simply baffled by some of the comments made by our countrymen here as well :/
what if i change my flag and start provoking other? mostly new members are kids & dont know on ground relations between pak & iran.. basically iran is supporting to pak & pak is supporting to iran, for russia and china..
it is simple pak has reason to deploy chinese carrier due to iran, and iran will have reason to deploy russian carrier due to pak at strait of hormuz, to reduce U.S influence in region

Question is who operate this base?Iranian navy or Indian navy? Is it some kind of answer against Muslim coalition? Iran must clarify who will operate it in future.
if you have to ask this question then we know u dont understand Iran.

You people dont think twice before handing over Gwadar to Chinese. You are even allowing the Chinese to port their Navy over there. Here you are crying when Iran decided to build a small naval port for its own use!

Last edited:
Iran won't do a thing lol. This base is there just to keep an eye out on ships passing by. This is something that the Iranian navy lacked before. Nothing substantial really comes from this concerning Pakistan. We too have bases near their borders. People on this forum need to use common sense sometimes.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/ports.htm

Actually, Iran is a regional rival, both economically and militarily. Even if relations are cordial right now (and they're not), eventually differing geopolitical interests are going to lead to butting heads, between the two. Unless one nation can subjugate the other, whether economically or militarily, both nations are going to head towards some sort of confrontation (not necessarily war, or military conflict).
And why do you think like that?
Neither iran nor Pakistan have any sort of territorial dispute. Nor any expansionary plans.
And neither are our economies fiercely compete.
I dont see any sane reason of Iran and Pakistan being a tgreat to each other or any conflict.
Only bone of contention Is India in thi scnario. If iran keeps that out of equation then it would be fine.
Infact Iran was a powerfull ally in time of Raza Shah.

Agreed. I hope the US would help us in this!

The US would for sure help. The Trump administration has said it a few times that they'd like to work with Pakistan. Pakistan now needs to reach out to the US and ask them to invest into ports and infrastructure and advanced healthcare. I know the US businesses can pour $ 10-15 billion very easily, without even worrying about it. But that would do wonders to Pakistani health care industry, ports, infrastructure, etc.

Pakistan needs to act smart like how India's done it. Get what you need from the US. In Pakistani eyes, all relations with the US have to go through the F-16 and other drama. IMO, its not needed. Get the US's help in non military industries as I outlined above, expand your tech base, advance healthcare training, heavy machinery and computer / semi conductors manufacturing (for companies like Boeing, Google, MS, etc). Once you have the hard cash, you can buy anything from anywhere. Stand on your own feet as you easily can with your growing economy.

First of all it is located in chahbahar not the border .At least 100 km away .
Second , Pakistan is the LAST country in the world we want to confront .Pakistan and Iran hold joint naval drills every year so your ships can dock in the base too .
Third , Iran's relation with India is only based on business and it does not concern you .We never say " Pakistan betrayed us cuz they buy f 16 from US " or " Pakistan is a good friend of KSA so they can't be our friend " .No Iranian ever said these because we understand that your national interest has nothing to do with us .And we expect you to understand as well .
And the last , We Iranians don't mind if you build 10 bases near border because we consider Pakistan as Friend !
Peace

Come on guys, the are building a base on there soil and it is not like that it is going to cause us any damage. All we need to do is make our own land safe and our waters secure. Pakistan Navy is also developing infrastructure on the western zone now and it will gather more pace once gwadar becomes more and more active. Relax, this news do not concerns us.

And no, i am not a Shia for God's Sake!!
What would be Iran's feeling if Pakistan decides to build a similar port on Pakistani side ?
What would have been Iranian reply if a Saudi spy had entered from Pakistani soil into Iran on Pakistani passport ?
What Iran says on Uzair Baloch Iranian nationality and links ? Would Iran reply in same homeopathic way as Pakistani govt is currently doing ?

First of all it is located in chahbahar not the border .At least 100 km away .
Second , Pakistan is the LAST country in the world we want to confront .Pakistan and Iran hold joint naval drills every year so your ships can dock in the base too .
Third , Iran's relation with India is only based on business and it does not concern you .We never say " Pakistan betrayed us cuz they buy f 16 from US " or " Pakistan is a good friend of KSA so they can't be our friend " .No Iranian ever said these because we understand that your national interest has nothing to do with us .And we expect you to understand as well .
And the last , We Iranians don't mind if you build 10 bases near border because we consider Pakistan as Friend !
Peace

I appreciate your personal sentiment. But the government of Iran doesn't think so. With Pakistan now leading the Islamic Military Alliance, Iran has more reservations about Pakistan. Iraq was once considered a neighbor too. But there was a 10 year old war with them. So, national interests change. Its in Iran's best interest to align with India, allow the port buildup to monitor the CPEC and in turn, India will try to mend relationships between Iran and the US. Just like it happened the last time with India and Obama.

Don't forget, the Indian intelligence operates out of Iran with like total immunity for issues surrounding Baluchistan. Period. So no matter how much "Feel Good" stuff people write here, Pakistan needs to take a serious note of this new Iranian port right by the CPEC ports.

Last edited:
I appreciate your personal sentiment. But the government of Iran doesn't think so. With Pakistan now leading the Islamic Military Alliance, Iran has more reservations about Pakistan. Iraq was once considered a neighbor too. But there was a 10 year old war with them. So, national interests change. Its in Iran's best interest to align with India, allow the port buildup to monitor the CPEC and in turn, India will try to mend relationships between Iran and the US. Just like it happened the last time with India and Obama.

Don't forget, the Indian intelligence operates out of Iran with like total immunity for issues surrounding Baluchistan. Period. So no matter how much "Feel Good" stuff people here, Pakistan needs to take a serious note of this new Iranian port right by the CPEC ports.
Go develop your CPEP ports . I personally welcome that because AGAIN we don't consider Pakistan as " enemy " .

Back
Top Bottom