What's new

Iran to build its first nuclear-powered submarine

persiangulf anti ship ballistic missile:

3_8911181144_L600.jpg

Persian-Gulf-missile-seeker.jpg

r

12_8911181144_L600.jpg

Looks pretty solid,electro optical seeker,huge warhead,supersonic speed.Also 3 tests and live images.
Next step is to hit moving target.But this missile is definite threat to USN.

Certainly it don't.

Size is not correlated with sonar profile or magnetic anomalies. Nuclear submarines, even after being considerably larger than Diesel submarines are much quieter.

And persian Gulf is not a Bathtub.

And i have heard that Satellites could pick up Sub's location even though that is not a confirmed fact.

I was merely talking about the Straight of Hormuz, where size does matter. I am quoting retired Navy Commander Christopher Harmer here:

The Iranian mini-submarines are “a huge problem for us,” MinnPost news website quoted retired Navy Commander Christopher Harmer, who was the director of future operations for the US Navy Fifth Fleet, stationed in Bahrain, from 2008 to 2009, as saying.

“They are a threat to us because they can disperse them throughout the Persian Gulf and the Arabian Sea, and it’s extremely difficult for us to track them,” he added.

Commander Harmer said that the US Navy is more accustomed to tracking large, Soviet-era nuclear-class submarines - something Iran knows well.

“Looking for small subs in shallow water is much more difficult, because the acoustics are so much more difficult - smaller makes less noise,” he stated.

Again, you guys should read more and talk less.

Khalije Fars is an improvement in Iran's ASHM arsenal, but our Sunburns are what the Americans fear most.

not even Sunburn ... last year we tested successfully Anti-ship version of Sejjil-2 !!!

just imagine !!! :whistle:

I was merely talking about the Straight of Hormuz, where size does matter. I am quoting retired Navy Commander Christopher Harmer here:

Again, you guys should read more and talk less.

I have read enough and has a post graduate degree in mechanical engineering myself.

The link you are quoting are from same source and the person has no technical background or military background.

As i have said many time before, sonar profiles does not depend on size and anyway i have already answered all the questions.

Subs are not detected by naked eyes but by sonars and magnetic anomalies.Size does not matter.

War games are conducted with condition imposed on both parties.

In real time

1. Your navy would not be allowed to shadow USN.

2. USN would not be anchoring next to your shoreline so your motorboats would have to travel a substantial distance.

3. You would not have large number of motorboat assembled in a small area. Moving them inland takes time and assembling them in sea is not feasible.

4. Even if you achieve the conditions of operation millennium, USN is not bound to act like team blue. They would leave the area leaving behind a frigate to provide cover and regroup at other point.

1. Diesel submarines, unless they are AIP, could not lie in wait for long periods.

2. Midget submarines carry limited weapons, sensors and sound adsorbing material thus are easily show themselves on sonar

Anyway opinion of analysts on your subs is exactly not flowery

Thrid World Submarines

There is no version of this in which mullahs come on top.

Although diesel submarines have many advantages when deployed under appropriate conditions, they are not without weaknesses. Their engines make more noise than do nuclear reactors and cannot drive a submarine as fast. When running at high speed under electric power, a submarine can deplete its batteries in a few hours. Even at slower speeds it must still approach the surface to take in air every four to 10 days, depending on the submarine's capabilities and the captain's willingness to risk running out of power to avoid detection. Consequently, ASW forces can prevail by blanketing an area with vessels and aircraft. Admiral Henry Mauz, U.S. Atlantic commander in chief, explains, "If you don't let him snorkel, you hold him down. Pretty soon he can't work--it's too hot, too steamy, too much carbon dioxide and monoxide."

The new Kilos, to be based in southern Iran, are regarded by one U.S. intelligence official as so easy for U.S. aircraft to find and destroy that eliminating them would be little more than a "live fire exercise." Less capable submarines do not necessarily pose a serious danger even in large numbers. North Korea's fleet, for example, consists of antiquated Chinese-built Romeo-class vessels, a type the Soviet Union stopped selling in 1960. Libya's submarine crews have a reputation for being poorly trained, and their boats are so shoddily maintained that only one or two out of six may be operable--not one has routinely gone to sea since 1985.

Use your brain and do not fall for propaganda pieces. Something appearing minuscule in visible spectrum does not mean that it would do so on sonar and radar.

A midget is detected easily compared to a conventional sub because it could not employ mitigation technologies like use of sound absorbent material between two hulls of the submarine as used in larger submarines. And diesel engines make more noise than nuclear reactors.

About why Iran is painting its mini-submarines blue:

According to Jane's Defense Review the British Navy did a couple of color experiments back in '74, and the experiments showed that turquoise is the best option for 'sandy bottom, shallow waters with clear color'. The only problem was that the color caused too much shadow, but since these subs are much smaller than the one's used in that experiment, they will obviously cause much less shadow.

I have read enough and has a post graduate degree in mechanical engineering myself.

The link you are quoting from are from same source and the person has no technical background or military background.

As i have said many time before, sonar profiles does not depend on size and anyway i have already answered all the questions.

Why are many Indians so stubborn? I am placing a quote of a retired USN commander who was stationed in the Persian Gulf, and still you are holding on to your own wrong and ignorant assessment. And you are mentioning Iran's Kilo subs, while I was talking about its mini-submarines. Perhaps you could find a similar quote about that.

According to Jane's Defense Review the British Navy did a couple of color experiments back in '74, and the experiments showed that turquoise is the best option for 'sandy bottom, shallow waters with clear color'. The only problem was that the color caused too much shadow, but since these subs are much smaller than the one's used in that experiment, they will obviously cause much less shadow.

Why are many Indians so stubborn? I am placing a quote of a retired USN commander who was stationed in the Persian Gulf, and still you are holding on to your own wrong and ignorant assessment. And you are mentioning Iran's Kilo subs, while I was talking about its mini-submarines. Perhaps you could find a similar quote about that.

you know what is annoying ?

they think , they know everything about Ghadir subs !!!

The person is a history major and even though he has worked with US Navy ,he was never a commander.

And my arguments against midgets arise from the fact that Submarines are not quite by themselves and there is very little scope of making them so. Low sonar profile on subs is achieved by providing absorbent material in between the hulls of Submarines.

A midget does not have space for absorbent material and chances of it being detected by sonars would be much higher than a proper sub.

@anonymus

I have a simple task; could you quote an expert which claims Iran's midget subs are relatively easy to track, or that size doesn't matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Midget subs are indeed very useful in shallow waters,only fools would underestimate them.They are somewhat noisier though.

The Iranian midget ones are electric-diesel submarines that can dock on the sea bed too, that is why they are very quiet and extremely difficult to track. The bigger ones the Tareq class are called by the west the black holes, since they are virtually undetectable too...,the ones to be unveiled soon are all electric with fuel cells and even AIP, so they will be more difficult to track than the other two classes of Iranian submarines.

The Iranian midget ones are electric-diesel submarines that can dock on the sea bed too, that is why they are very quiet and extremely difficult to track. The bigger ones the Tareq class are called by the west the black holes, since they are virtually undetectable too...,the ones to be unveiled soon are all electric with fuel cells and even AIP, so they will be more difficult to track than the other two classes of Iranian submarines.

What are the readings of its acoustic and non-acoustic signatures?

What are the readings of its acoustic and non-acoustic signatures?

What are the readings of the acoustics of Indian submarines?
Is that an intelligent question?
You are asking for state secrets, this is about war and peace, a deadly game, real life is not a PDF forum like...

The person is a history major and even though he has worked with US Navy ,he was never a commander.

And my arguments against midgets arise from the fact that Submarines are not quite by themselves and there is very little scope of making them so. Low sonar profile on subs is achieved by providing absorbent material in between the hulls of Submarines.

A midget does not have space for absorbent material and chances of it being detected by sonars would be much higher than a proper sub.

Sorry to tell you that your post graduate degree in whatever is as false as the article you are mentioning and supporting, since all sources on the kilo class submarines mention that it is undetectable to sonar and NATO gave it the name of the black hole after many years of trying to detect it.
What do you expect a US admiral to say while he has a huge moral responsibility of his troops? if he has to lie he will, just to safeguard the American moral.
You seem also to be stuck in the 50's and 60's technologies and mentioning North Korea is very stupid on the part of the admiral or of you; Iran had access to German, French, English and American best technologies in all fields, including marine engineering up till the 80's, and they have made so many friends and contacts in the highest institutions of those countries that no one can find, so they still have access to the best western technologies through those institutions, and if the sanctions forbid the sale of the material, Iran can still get the technologies and works it out to materialize it, that is what you see happening almost every day in Iran's achievements announcements.
The Ghadir class midget submarines have been upgraded continuously, and if they have the appearance of the best North Korean midget submarines they are based on, they are totally different in design and electronic equipments, they can even fire missiles now and have sonar absorbing paint and other materials. To correct you about the sonar absorbing materials, those materials constitute the outer layer of the submarines, you cannot put them between the hulls. And two hulled submarines have their disadvantages too where one hulled ones have advantages.
If one believes those seemingly EXPERTS, everything Iran or even China an Russia has is obsolete and only the western technologies (and Indian ones) are the best, if anyone wants to fool himself if he is not already a fool, he can believe those claims. But reality speaks for itself; speaking only of Iran, it has today mastered the whole nuclear cycle and began building its own nuclear reactors and power-plants, let alone its military high tech achievements that are concrete, powerful and being tested and improved almost daily, it has already astonished the world with so many surprises...read the news!!!
To stay on topic, read about the Nautilus, the first and very successful American nuclear submarine, designed, tested and introduced in 5 years along with its nuclear reactor in the 50's, so no one should doubt that Iran with scientific knowledge, know how and with super computers can achieve something similar if it chooses to.
The Western powers were astonished when they found out the Iranian experts have designed a very advanced and working atomic warhead of the 5th generation - Just to tease the West, since Iran has no intention of producing nuclear weapons, but probably as a deterrent, that if it is hit one day with a nuclear device (What Israel -in the name of western democrazy threatened to do, and kill 30 million Iranians...), it can respond in kind -.
To go back to the submarines, Iran has won the respect of the most powerful nation on earth - at least in the Persian gulf because of those midget submarines - as those experts like to call the USA, and which today has lost this nickname to the very real EMP threat on US soil itself.
If the American flotilla can leave the Persian gulf alive and reassemble in another point, to start shooting, Iran can respond with medium range ballistic anti-ship missiles and cruise missiles of its own, in either way The US is aware that apart from endangering the whole world economy, it can not win a classical nor a nuclear war against Iran. The best advice for a way out for the US is to be friendly to Iran, or at lest to stop it hostility towards Iran and concentrate more on finding the truth behind its real enemies the Zionists.

11034190_727757170655783_4427361650784531978_n.jpg

I got this photo in fb,iran millitary.someone said it was leaked. i don't know either the photo is posted or not.but the programme is very sophisticated.If the programme is real,then
i wanna say, "YES":chilli:

Back
Top Bottom