What's new

Iran to build its first nuclear-powered submarine

Pull your head out of your as$, and start reading more about this subject. No need to spread your ignorance here, Indian.

Subs are not detected by naked eyes but by sonars and magnetic anomalies.Size does not matter.

You did not answer my question. Again, was US's naval force in the Persian Gulf strongly superior to Iran's naval presence? Yes, or no?

War games are conducted with condition imposed on both parties.

In real time

1. Your navy would not be allowed to shadow USN.

2. USN would not be anchoring next to your shoreline so your motorboats would have to travel a substantial distance.

3. You would not have large number of motorboat assembled in a small area. Moving them inland takes time and assembling them in sea is not feasible.

4. Even if you achieve the conditions of operation millennium, USN is not bound to act like team blue. They would leave the area leaving behind a frigate to provide cover and regroup at other point.

If you would've read more about the subject, you would have known that:

Fact Sheet: Iran's Submarine Force | Institute for the Study of War

And this is an analysis conducted by the American Institute for the Study of War. Read it before you talk about a subject you know nothing about.

1. Diesel submarines, unless they are AIP, could not lie in wait for long periods.

2. Midget submarines carry limited weapons, sensors and sound adsorbing material thus are easily show themselves on sonar

Anyway opinion of analysts on your subs is exactly not flowery

The new Kilos, to be based in southern Iran, are regarded by one U.S. intelligence official as so easy for U.S. aircraft to find and destroy that eliminating them would be little more than a "live fire exercise." Less capable submarines do not necessarily pose a serious danger even in large numbers. North Korea's fleet, for example, consists of antiquated Chinese-built Romeo-class vessels, a type the Soviet Union stopped selling in 1960. Libya's submarine crews have a reputation for being poorly trained, and their boats are so shoddily maintained that only one or two out of six may be operable--not one has routinely gone to sea since 1985.

Although diesel submarines have many advantages when deployed under appropriate conditions, they are not without weaknesses. Their engines make more noise than do nuclear reactors and cannot drive a submarine as fast. When running at high speed under electric power, a submarine can deplete its batteries in a few hours. Even at slower speeds it must still approach the surface to take in air every four to 10 days, depending on the submarine's capabilities and the captain's willingness to risk running out of power to avoid detection. Consequently, ASW forces can prevail by blanketing an area with vessels and aircraft. Admiral Henry Mauz, U.S. Atlantic commander in chief, explains, "If you don't let him snorkel, you hold him down. Pretty soon he can't work--it's too hot, too steamy, too much carbon dioxide and monoxide."

http://www.fas.org/asmp/library/articles/sub.htm

There is no version of this in which mullahs come on top.

Lets see who gets the N.submarine first Pakistan or iran.

I haven't heard any new news regarding pakistan's N.submarine project. Why don't we get some help from france or :china:??

If you would've read more about the subject, you would have known that:

Fact Sheet: Iran's Submarine Force | Institute for the Study of War

And this is an analysis conducted by the American Institute for the Study of War. Read it before you talk about a subject you know nothing about.

This implies on Kilo class subs which is one of the quietest sub in the world but midget subs are noisy because Iran is not mature in reducing D.E. noise , engine noise , heat signature , prevention from metal detecting.
And please don't behave rough to me like I am a troll. :cheers:

FATEH submarine :

111684_597.jpg

This implies on Kilo class subs which is one of the quietest sub in the world but midget subs are noisy because Iran is not mature in reducing D.E. noise , engine noise , heat signature , prevention from metal detecting.
And please don't me like I am a troll. :cheers:

You didn't pay attention to what I quoted. Never mind.

Iran has a good submarine force i must agree.3 kilos plus mini subs.Its a good bet against all regional navies and mini subs are perfect for shallow gulf waters.Particularly impressive is the Hoot supercavitating torpedo based on russian shkval.
It can easily blockade regional arab neighbours,but ofcourse shouldn't expect much against USN.To do damage against USN Iranian navie's best bet is supersonic ASHCM like sunburn or yakhont land based .

I haven't heard any new news regarding pakistan's N.submarine project. Why don't we get some help from france or :china:??

We are definitely getting help from china but we have to stand up on our feet too. Our Navy has a low budget, apart from that we have a struggling economy and we are going to IMF for loan.

Iran has a good submarine force i must agree.3 kilos plus mini subs.Its a good bet against all regional navies and mini subs are perfect for shallow gulf waters.Particularly impressive is the Hoot supercavitating torpedo based on russian shkval.
It can easily blockade regional arab neighbours,but ofcourse shouldn't expect much against USN.To do damage against USN Iranian navie's best bet is supersonic ASHCM like sunburn or yakhont land based .

persiangulf anti ship ballistic missile:

3_8911181144_L600.jpg

Persian-Gulf-missile-seeker.jpg

r

12_8911181144_L600.jpg

Size does matter in the Persian Gulf, especially in the Straight of Hormuz. That is an ignorant statement.

Certainly it don't.

Size is not correlated with sonar profile or magnetic anomalies. Nuclear submarines, even after being considerably larger than Diesel submarines are much quieter.

And persian Gulf is not a Bathtub.

And i have heard that Satellites could pick up Sub's location even though that is not a confirmed fact.

Back
Top Bottom