What's new

Iran ties with Persian Gulf states growing: Deputy FM

ResurgentIran

Reaction score
An Iranian deputy foreign minister has hailed the “growing” relations between the Islamic Republic and its neighboring Arab states in the Persian Gulf region.

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Tuesday that holding more sessions of joint commissions is an indication of “growing cooperation” between Tehran and the Persian Gulf littoral states.

Amir-Abdollahian also pointed to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif’s recent tour of the Persian Gulf states, stressing that the visits show the Islamic Republic’s “efforts to [expand] bilateral and collective cooperation in the [Middle East] region.”

In early December, the Iranian foreign minister travelled to Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and held talks with senior officials in the Arab countries in line with Tehran’s doctrine of broadening ties with its neighbors in the Persian Gulf region.

Amir-Abdollahian went on to say that Tehran also seeks the improvement of bilateral interactions between Iran and Saudi Arabia over the issues concerning the Muslim world that were discussed in the meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Guinea-Conakry earlier in December.

On December 17, Amir-Abdollahian announced that Zarif plans to visit Riyadh at the earliest opportunity once an opening arises in his schedule and the necessary itinerary plans are arranged.

Elsewhere in his Tuesday remarks, Amir-Abdollahian pointed to the ongoing crises in the Middle East and praised the effective measures taken by the Iraqi army to counter terrorism.

Violence has surged across Iraq in recent months, reaching its highest level since 2008.

PressTV - Iran ties with Persian Gulf states growing: Deputy FM

What is "Persian Gulf States" ? Does that include Iran itself?

Is PressTV (I will for once not call them PissTV) talking about the Arab states that are located in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula or the Khaleeji Arabic speaking Arab states bordering the Gulf waters?

None of them are named that.

They are called Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and UAE.

While 100% of the waters of Oman are bordering the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.

Shall we call Iran a Gulf of Oman state?o_O:o:

Anyway good for the region if anything more than hot air and beautiful words will come out of this.

What is "Persian Gulf States" ? Does that include Iran itself?

Is PressTV (I will for once not call them PissTV) talking about the Arab states that are located in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula or the Khaleeji Arabic speaking Arab states bordering the Gulf waters?

None of them are named that.

They are called Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and UAE.

While 100% of the waters of Oman are bordering the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.

Shall we call Iran a Gulf of Oman state?o_O:o:

Anyway good for the region if anything more than hot air and beautiful words will come out of this.

Semantics. lol

Semantics. lol

I know but it sounds like PressTV is making it sound like those are Persian countries or areas.

I have also noticed that when some Iranian users are trying to make insults toward the Arab world or in particular the member states of the GCC they use to write PGGC. :cheesy:

In response maybe some Arab media should categorically write Iran the Gulf of Oman state.:coffee:

Anyway in all seriousness then what do you make of this news?

I know but it sounds like PressTV is making it sound like those are Persian countries or areas.

I have also noticed that when some Iranian users are trying to make insults toward the Arab world or in particular the member states of the GCC they use to write PGGC. :cheesy:

In response maybe some Arab media should categorically write Iran the Gulf of Oman state.:coffee:

Anyway in all seriousness then what do you make of this news?

I dont know. PressTV is still not that reliable source and mainly propaganda outlet, but since they quoted and refered to official Iranian diplomat, I thought it maybe it was news worthy.
I hope its true though. If Iran and GCC and other Arab states like Egypt have a rapprochement, it will have huge economic benefits for entire region. Iran and KSA could mutually invest in each other. And it would have great stabilizing effect on region.

I dont know. PressTV is still not that reliable source and mainly propaganda outlet, but since they quoted and refered to official Iranian diplomat, I thought it maybe it was news worthy.
I hope its true though. If Iran and GCC and other Arab states like Egypt have a rapprochement, it will have huge economic benefits for entire region. Iran and KSA could mutually invest in each other. And it would have great stabilizing effect on region.

I don't know. It sounds like PressTV really hates KSA and the House of Saud. Not many days ago I by a coincidence stumbled across a video on youtube with a Saudi Arabian exile in London (a physicist) called Muhammad al-Massari and it turned out that he was interviewed on PressTV and from the way he talked then he sounded like some hardcore "Islamist".

Mohammad al-Massari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very articulated though.

I was quite frankly shocked that they hosted people like him just to badmouth the House of Saud. The interviewer was a British man which shocked me too.

Yes, there is a big economical potential there. Economic relations triumph everything so that would be a really good step. I just think that neither side will accept true friendship unless they both change. There are big grievances from both sides.

It is funny to thing that the situation was quite different before 1979.

I don't know. It sounds like PressTV really hates KSA and the House of Saud. Not many days ago I by a coincidence stumbled across a video on youtube with a Saudi Arabian exile in London (a physicist) called Muhammad al-Massari and it turned out that he was interviewed on PressTV and from the way he talked then he sounded like some hardcore "Islamist".

Mohammad al-Massari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very articulated though.

I was quite frankly shocked that they hosted people like him just to badmouth the House of Saud. The interviewer was a British man which shocked me too.

Yes, there is a big economical potential there. Economic relations triumph everything so that would be a really good step. I just think that neither side will accept true friendship unless they both change. There are big grievances from both sides.

It is funny to thing that the situation was quite different before 1979.

I dont think Iran hates KSA. Maybe there is some hate fo Saudi government, but on the other side Saudi government also hates and mistrust the IRI.
Its about how to overcome the deep mistrust on both sides, and try to establish better relations on a reciprocal basis.

I dont think Iran hates KSA. Maybe there is some hate fo Saudi government, but on the other side Saudi government also hates and mistrust the IRI.
Its about how to overcome the deep mistrust on both sides, and try to establish better relations on a reciprocal basis.

I was referring to PressTV in particular. Not so much the ordinary people.

But you are right.

An Iranian deputy foreign minister has hailed the “growing” relations between the Islamic Republic and its neighboring Arab states in the Persian Gulf region.

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Tuesday that holding more sessions of joint commissions is an indication of “growing cooperation” between Tehran and the Persian Gulf littoral states.

Amir-Abdollahian also pointed to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif’s recent tour of the Persian Gulf states, stressing that the visits show the Islamic Republic’s “efforts to [expand] bilateral and collective cooperation in the [Middle East] region.”

In early December, the Iranian foreign minister travelled to Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and held talks with senior officials in the Arab countries in line with Tehran’s doctrine of broadening ties with its neighbors in the Persian Gulf region.

Amir-Abdollahian went on to say that Tehran also seeks the improvement of bilateral interactions between Iran and Saudi Arabia over the issues concerning the Muslim world that were discussed in the meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Guinea-Conakry earlier in December.

On December 17, Amir-Abdollahian announced that Zarif plans to visit Riyadh at the earliest opportunity once an opening arises in his schedule and the necessary itinerary plans are arranged.

Elsewhere in his Tuesday remarks, Amir-Abdollahian pointed to the ongoing crises in the Middle East and praised the effective measures taken by the Iraqi army to counter terrorism.

Violence has surged across Iraq in recent months, reaching its highest level since 2008.

PressTV - Iran ties with Persian Gulf states growing: Deputy FM
Good to hear it if this is true. A peaceful middle east is healthy for everybody. I don't want to see >us$200 per barrel of oil price. The consequence may be beyond the people of gulf's imagination, I mean the lay people

Back
Top Bottom