What's new

Iran shoots down Israeli drone operated by Azerbaijan violating Iranian airspace

Indeed. Apparently they believe Iran is some sort of a blackhole for "crashing UAVs" where for some strange reason they come into Iranian airspace and then after a while crash. Hence they are two types of such people:

1- Those that are too inept to realise these cannot be a mere coincidences
2- Those that know it's not but pretend it is.

every time they try, those toys just crashes....:what:

man its like Iran air space is cussed now an other one falling too this one at 65 kms,

1602626374004.png

1602626434803.png

Iran has one of the strongest Integrated Air Defences on the planet, with the exception of maybe Israel, no other regional state can compare. Also, Iran is one of the oldest users of UAVs, these low tier UAV powers like Azerbaijan, Turkey etc are new to the game and are of sub par sophistication. The most impressive use of UAVs was the Iranian attack on Abqaiq:

View attachment 679124

Moreover, Iran has shown to be able to down high level UAVs such as RQ-170, RQ-4 etc so these rudimentary UAVs Azeris have such as TB2, Harpy etc are easy prey.
Then how come an Israeli F-35 entered the Iranian airspace, loitered for some time and returned back.

Iranian UAVs were shot down when these entered inside Pakistani airspace.

Never underestimate enemy, always prepare yourself for the worse and learn lessons from the failures.

The best strategy is to hide your strengths, and use them as surprise. Surprises always turn the tide of war.

man its like Iran air space is cussed now an other one falling too this one at 65 kms,

View attachment 679260

View attachment 679261

It seems Iran is "allowing" these azeri drones to enter its airspace in order to see where they go, which are their "objectives". And after a while, Iran downs these drones. Iran knows they are spying and testing defenses for the big storm to come.

Iran's AD network is extremely powerful, it has no sense these drones getting well deep into Iran if Iran itself is not allowing this to happen, in order to know its enemy thoughts

Iranian Forces this morning reportedly shot down a UAV near Parsabad, on the Azerbajian/Iran border. The drone was reportedly an Israeli made IAI Harop
Why a loitering munition is hovering over Iranian airspace (65 km inside)?

IAI Harop is loitering munition.

What are the critical installation inside the Iranian border?

Is there any possibility, that Israel is covertly using fog of war to carry out some adventure inside Iran? You never know.

Iranian Armed Forces, be vigilant and approach Azerbaijan for investigation.

The debris indicates that the loitering munition crashed not shot down.

Reason: It is munition drone, loaded with 23 kg warhead. If hit with anti aircraft shell or missile, it would have exploded and its debris would have scattered.

Somewhere in the thread a member mentioned about jammers.

Yes, good jammers along the border will be good air defense against these type of munition.

The debris indicates that the loitering munition crashed not shot down.

Reason: It is munition drone, loaded with 23 kg warhead. If hit with anti aircraft shell or missile, it would have exploded and its debris would have scattered.
Stray drone which lost contact from the command vehicle and travelled straight,
Or
Iranian hacked or jammed the controlling signals, it went straight and crashed when fuel was burnt.

Stray drone which lost contact from the command vehicle and travelled straight,
Or
Iranian hacked or jammed the controlling signals, it went straight and crashed when fuel was burnt.
The IAI Harop drone can either operate fully autonomously, using its anti-radar homing system, or it can take a human-in-the-loop mode. If a target is not engaged, the drone will return and land itself back at base.

Hacking, I doubt. But jamming is possible provided Iran EW is effective enough to jam control signals and GPS.

Hacking means you can retrieve the drone in one piece.

It seems Iran is "allowing" these azeri drones to enter its airspace in order to see where they go, which are their "objectives". And after a while, Iran downs these drones. Iran knows they are spying and testing defenses for the big storm to come.

Iran's AD network is extremely powerful, it has no sense these drones getting well deep into Iran if Iran itself is not allowing this to happen, in order to know its enemy thoughts
I am not sure that Iran will be able to detect with their Russian radars 2.5 x 3 m2 loitering munition at 10k to15k ft ceiling. The only way to stop this munition with current tech is to jam its COMM network (GPS and control signals).

Iranian AD network failed to detect Israeli F-35 intruding its airspace, so they still need to improve their detection capability.

I am not sure that Iran will be able to detect with their Russian radars 2.5 x 3 m2 loitering munition at 10k to15k ft ceiling. The only way to stop this munition with current tech is to jam its COMM network (GPS and control signals).

Iranian AD network failed to detect Israeli F-35 intruding its airspace, so they still need to improve their detection capability.

u better say Iran failed to detect f35 hypocrisy and propaganda by Israel and Arab states...

u better say Iran failed to detect f35 hypocrisy and propaganda by Israel and Arab states...
As you stated that Iran is holding formidable AD, then why it let loitering munition to hover 65 km inside Iran.

Please appreciate this is drone and its speed could be around 100 to150 mph. This means this drone must be hovering inside Iran for at least 15 to 30 minutes to cover 65 km. However its loitering time is six hours.

Why Iranian AD failed to take it down? I already said before, this drone was not shot down as its debris are not scattered but found at one place.

Furthermore, Israeli F-35 entering and loitering without detection inside the Iranian airspace is very much possible.
It is better to accept the weakness and work to overcome it instead of saying everything is OK.

Russian radars? F35? Are you trolling this sub-forum? jajaajaja

About "russian" radars :coffee:, I only can recomend read the threads about AA systems in this sub-forum.

About F-35 flying over Iran, I only can say: It's extremely naive thinking Israel would fly its recently acquired F-35 above an extremely hard and contested enemy airspace (Iran) with an extremely high % of being intercepted and taken down, giving an incredible propaganda victory to Iran and also giving access to F-35 stealth tech to Iran.
Also, USA would not allow Israel to do that, for the same reasons.

In addition, even extremely critics of the ayatollahs' Iran (Babak Taghvee) say the same: F-35 over Iran= TONS OF BULLSHIT :D

Russian radars? F35? Are you trolling this sub-forum? jajaajaja

About "russian" radars :coffee:, I only can recomend read the threads about AA systems in this sub-forum.

About F-35 flying over Iran, I only can say: It's extremely naive thinking Israel would fly its recently acquired F-35 above an extremely hard and contested enemy airspace (Iran) with an extremely high % of being intercepted and taken down, giving an incredible propaganda victory to Iran and also giving access to F-35 stealth tech to Iran.
Also, USA would not allow Israel to do that, for the same reasons.

In addition, even extremely critics of the ayatollahs' Iran (Babak Taghvee) say the same: F-35 over Iran= TONS OF BULLSHIT :D
Israel do not take any dictate from US. If you do not agree than I cannot help.

Israeli F-35s were already flying over Syria whose AD mainly comprise of Russian AD units including S-300s.

Moreover Israeli F-35s are tweaked to "enhance" its stealth capability.

Sometimes it is better to realize enemy strength as this will motivate to ascertain preventive and counter measures to face this threat. This is a good military strategy.

I am also worried about defense of Pakistani Airspace because of this threat due to Israeli military presence in UAE.
Israeli AF already tried this 1984. They can do so now using F-35s. Pakistan Armed Forces must enhance the anti stealth capabilities including detection, EW and ECM.

Back
Top Bottom