What's new

Iran shahed 278 helicopter

Only money can't make you hi-tech products, you also need proper management/technical power and science, pure science. I know this is far different from Apache and it's really stupid to compare them tbqh. But not many countries are capable of producing Apaches. And about these projects, you know better than anyone that even U.S doesn't manufacture all parts of their military equipment in the country, they also buy some parts from countries who are capable of making better quality parts, and that makes sense. That's why I believe that even if Iran produces all of its parts domestically, it isn't economical in first steps, because it will spend huge resources. But when no country sells them to you, you have to do it.

Most of the countries who produce military equipment, receive help from stronger countries in first stages, like engines, avionics, sensors etc, and produce a local product with some foreign equipment and that's the right thing to do, Iran doesn't have that option now.

As far as I know, no country releases information about ALL parts of their military equipment they produce.

What I said is the most likely scenario because selling many parts to Iran is legally forbidden, so that's the case.

Yes, but no matter how amateur it looks, there is always a need for a first step and I welcome that. Even assembling a helicopter locally brings tons of experience and it can pave the way for a fully genuine domestic design. No one produces an Apache in their first step.

US can produce everything but they don't do it, to reduce the cost of their product. for example like the landing gears of F-35 which are ordered from China. But, they do produce all of the important and high tech parts in US. So, there is a clear difference here.
Anyway, producing these simple helicopters are not that much difficult as you think. I have visited many factories, even inside Iran, and I know that producing such a thing is not difficult for them. It only needs a pretty good management and money. It would be difficult IF you wanted to do R&D on cutting edge subjects, and produce parts based on it in a large scale, which I don't see it here.
Anyway, producing this helicopter, if they have really produced it and it is not a painted or montaged helicopter, is still better than doing nothing. But, we should not fool ourselves with producing it. ;)
Anyway, I did not say that they need to announce the producer for each single part, but, they at least need to announce that which sub-systems are produced internally, if there is any, and by which factory.

-Iranian design engineering ability is quite limited. Advancement model of Iran is mostly based on copying/modifying an existing designs which was ordered from either Soviets or USA.
-Iranians are proudly talking availability of a product for pages without asking effectivity and mentions them as %100 domestic but The fact is totally different. These mistakes are arising from unawareness of members regarding the details of systems.
-The countries that have ability to manufacture nanotech sensors, detectors, liquid crystal cells, G-OLED, ITO-PLED and other modules, transistors, semiconductors, high capable IC's...etc, can count something on fingers of one hand in world. Those are registered manufacturers whose electronic, screen, electro-optic and optro-mechanic subsystems are used by worldwide armies. No need to mention many raw materials that Iran lacks so must import like all world countries do. Iran is not inside of those manufacturers. That's why Propaganda was mostly done by shape of systems or reverse engineering of system fuselage/bodies with a poor images instead of mentioning detail information of subsystems/manufacturers...etc
-There are some institutes that was issued embargo by UN and USA cause of penetrating arm embargoes to Iran. The related subsystems are mostly obtained from those sources. With this way, Iran can introduce them as "%100 domestic" words at home but Actually, Nothing is %100 indigenous in Iran. It is quite difficult for even a country like Germany for many reasons (cost effectivity, lack of ability...etc). No need to mention Iran under the sanctions.

Last edited:
-Iranian design engineering ability is quite limited. Advancement model of Iran is mostly based on copying/modifying an existing designs which was ordered from either Soviets or USA.
-Iranians are proudly talking availability of a product for pages without asking effectivity and mentions them as %100 domestic but The fact is totally different. These mistakes are arising from unawareness of members regarding the details of systems.
-The countries that have ability to manufacture nanotech sensors, detectors, liquid crystal cells, G-OLED, ITO-PLED and other modules, transistors, semiconductors, high capable IC's...etc, can count something on fingers of one hand in world. Those are registered manufacturers whose electronic, screen, electro-optic and optro-mechanic subsystems are used by worldwide armies. No need to mention many raw materials that Iran lacks so must import like all world countries do. Iran is not inside of those manufacturers. That's why Propaganda was mostly done by shape of systems or reverse engineering of system fuselage/bodies with a poor images instead of mentioning detail information of subsystems/manufacturers...etc
-There are some institutes that was issued embargo by UN and USA cause of penetrating arm embargoes to Iran. The related subsystems are mostly obtained from those sources. With this way, Iran can introduce them as "%100 domestic" words at home but Actually, Nothing is %100 indigenous in Iran. It is quite difficult for even a country like Germany for many reasons (cost effectivity, lack of ability...etc). No need to mention Iran under the sanctions.

seriously how much time u have ? cause i'll never be able to write such an article (full of BS) to prove that i'm stupid .

anyway , i really have got a lot of things to do right now , i'll reply to your post ASAP

Let's stay on topic now.

Why did you delete my comment to that colbalti? I posted a explanation on his troll statement by showing mersad/hawk difference etc. Are you so misinformed as well? You live in Iran and know the technical capability for manufacturing. You know Iran cannot import and thus is reliant on self production/design. If you wont let us reply then at least you do it since you wont let us do it.

Go to the aerospace department of your university and ask them if shahed could in any way be considered a copy of the bell. It clearly has a entirely different fuselage...These trolls don't know anything about helicopters it seem.

Armed shahed 276:

z3levt5bvbm0auhhcis6.jpg

well , those hydras are good for riot control for military use I rather it carried two sidewinder and 8 toofan at least.

In what situation is this a good idea? Surely not against an actual armed forces?

Besides, these things lack any sort of optics.

I think you guys need to look more carefully at the two pics posted previously for comparison:

40776693819367345937.jpg
75072872750283816615.jpg

Once again, the two models are very similar, but we can appreciate differences here.
Thus Shahed 278 can't be called a "copy" of bell 206, even if it is based on it.

I think you guys need to look more carefully at the two pics posted previously for comparison:

=

Once again, the two models are very similar, but we can appreciate differences here.
Thus Shahed 278 can't be called a "copy" of bell 206, even if it is based on it.
Mate, whatever part of it I look at there is a difference. The fuselage is different. I don't even now how it can be based on it. The window are the same but the rest are very different. The problems is the trolls are burning because their country's can't produce one ;)

please post the specs...looks cool..is there will be any armed version of this??I'm sure you guys make it a deadly combat helo just like we converted our Dhruv into Rudra.. :azn:

please look closely the bottom section of the fuselage mainly(also,other parts of fuselage)..its completely different fuselage design..

Mate, in your opinion, is this copy of the bell? There seems to be a troll epidemic here. It seems clear these are clearly different helicopters...

Last edited:
US can produce everything but they don't do it, to reduce the cost of their product. for example like the landing gears of F-35 which are ordered from China. But, they do produce all of the important and high tech parts in US. So, there is a clear difference here..
Goodrich Corporation has achieved a major F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program milestone. It has shipped the first Conventional Take-Off and Landing (CTOL) nose gear, and is soon to ship the main gear as well, to the Lockheed-Martin facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

In addition to the landing system for the Air Force's CTOL variant of the aircraft, as the landing systems integrator, Goodrich is responsible for the design, manufacture and test of unique landing systems, for the Short Take- Off, Vertical Landing (STOVL) and the Carrier Variant (CV) of the aircraft.

The landing system for the F-35 is truly a multi-national effort. The CTOL landing gear system ships out of Goodrich's Cleveland, Ohio facility where it was assembled. The gear was designed by Goodrich landing gear engineers in both Fort Worth, Texas and Cleveland, Ohio. In addition, Goodrich's Actuation Systems team, in Wolverhampton, U.K., provides the downlock and retract actuators for the landing gear system, and the wiring harnesses are provided by Goodrich's Lighting Systems team in Oldsmar, Fla.
Goodrich ships 1st F-35 Joint Strike Fighter landing gear.

Fokker Landing Gear and Goodrich have agreed to work together to design and manufacture the landing gear drag braces for the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II under a three-year deal.
FARNBOROUGH: Fokker Landing Gear and Goodrich to produce F-35 landing gear braces - 7/22/2010 - Flight Global

Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN) announced today that its aerospace business has been selected by Goodrich Corporation (NYSE: GR) to provide the nose landing gear steering motor assembly on the Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
Eaton awarded nose landing gear steering motor assembly contract for Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

The design and engineering team of Héroux-Devtek was also in charge of complete or partial landing gear design on the following platforms: Lockheed Martin’s F-35 (door uplock)
Products and Services - Héroux-Devtek – Designer, Developer and Manufacturer of Aerospace & Industrial Products

Landing-gear tires made by Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
F-35 Fighter’s Tires Wear Out Too Soon, Pentagon Finds - Bloomberg

According to Pentagon documents reviewed by Reuters, chief U.S. arms buyer Frank Kendall allowed two F-35 suppliers, Northrop Grumman Corp and Honeywell International Inc, to use Chinese magnets for the new warplane's radar system, landing gears and other hardware. Without the waivers, both companies could have faced sanctions for violating federal law and the F-35 program could have faced further delays

SPECIALTY METALS

Since 1973, U.S. laws have banned the procurement of specialty metals produced outside the United States for use on U.S. weapons. A separate 2006 law also bans the purchase of end-use items and components that include such specialty metals.

The documents reviewed by Reuters show that Northrop first discovered the use of non-compliant Japanese magnets on the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar it builds for the F-35 in August 2012, alerting the prime contractor, Lockheed, which then told the Pentagon.

A subsequent investigation of all parts on the F-35 turned up two more cases in which non-U.S. specialty metals were used on the F-35's radar, and on target assemblies built by Honeywell that are used for positioning doors and landing gear.

Northrop's radar was also found to contain $2 magnets made by Chengdu Magnetic Material Science & Technology Co, in China's Sichuan region, according to the documents.

The magnets used on the Honeywell target assemblies were acquired through Illinois-based Dexter Magnetic Technologies Inc.

Dexter and Chengdu Magnetic did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
.Exclusive: U.S. waived laws to keep F-35 on track with China-made parts

40776693819367345937.jpg
75072872750283816615.jpg

Indeed. It is the Panha Shabaviz 2061 helicopter used by the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force that is an unlicensed reverse engineered and upgraded Bell 206 Jet Ranger. Shahed 278 was developed from Bell 206 and Shabaviz 2061
Iran Produces New Combat Choppers | Page 5

attachment.php

Here is the Iranian national helicopter project. It will be completed soon.

vlcsnap-2012-12-11-10h42m00s0.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-12-12-11h16m29s129.jpg

SABA 248 the new Iranian sea helicopter.

302177_842.jpg

302176_752.jpg

There is also another project, called Pahna-1:

vlcsnap-2012-12-12-11h17m22s146.jpg
The grey seems to have lineage back to the Huey Bell212. The red one appears to be a hybrid of Shahed 278 (with Bell 206 lineage) and the Chinese Harbin Z9 /French Aerospatiale Dauphin, from which it seems to have borrowed the rotors (incl tail fenestron) and drivetrain (engine bay, engines?).

1388424.jpg

@Penguin

Excellent find of the helicopter in MAKS. The red one is a pure indigenous design. Of course it's going to have some similarities, all helicopters do with each other. With regards to the grey one, It's apparently based on bell 214.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom