What's new

Iran seizes two Saudi fishing vessels in the gulf

who said your ethnic group and ancestry come from your father side when mother side give you far more Genetic code ?
and also do you knew another group of Semites get their race and religious from mother side (you only can be a Jew if your mother is a Jew)

by the way isn't a seyed is more related to Fatemah al-Zahra daughter of the holy prophet .rather than Imam ali .
Imam Ali had other children that their descendant are not considered seyyed
Descendants of Ali ibn Abi Talib - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way must of the sadat come to Iran at the time when Imam Reza (SA) come to Iran

I already said that we are all mixed. Maternal side and paternal side account for the same amount of genetics to a newborn. How can it be otherwise? You have a paternal grandfather and a paternal grandmother and you have a maternal grandfather and a maternal grandmother. And for each generation there are more lines and more people you are related to until you reach literary millions of people that you are related to down the line who again are related to millions of other people etc.

But in most cultures your ethnic group derives from your father. Just like your surname. Father and his father etc. You know what I am talking about.

Nearly all cultures had the same system. From normal peasants that passed little land/instruments down to their sons (often eldest son) to mighty rulers.

The Jews have a slightly different system based on the Torah and its law. But often they marry/married into Jews and not non-Jews.

Well, that is correct. But Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) was the uncle of Prophet Muhammad (saws). Both belonged to the Banu Hashim clan. They had the same paternal grandfather in Abdul Muttalib, Shaybah ibn Hashim.

The only Hashemites with the "title" of Sharif of Sayyid are individuals who descend from the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (saws) Sayyidah Fatima bint Muhammad (ra).

All the worlds living Hashemites (either with the "title" Sayyid or Sharif) trace their ancestry from the two sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) and his wife, Fatima bint Muhammad (ra), the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

The oldest, Hasan ibn Ali (ra) whose ancestors in the Arab and Sunni world were known as Sharifs and his younger brother, Husayn ibn Ali (ra) who were now as people with the honorific "title" sayyid.

You have to remember that all of Prophet Muhammad (saws) sons never grew up to be old and have children of their own.

But Prophet Muhammad (saws) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) were both from the same lineage (Banu Hashim) since they were uncles and shared the same paternal grandfather, Abdul Muttalib.

Hope this helps explain it. Did the best I could.

The last part is not correct. Read my post again and the sources I posted. Many obviously came much earlier but a LARGE part came during the Safavid conversion of Iran from mainly Sunni Islam to Shia Islam.

Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look under the section called "Arab Shia Ulama". PLENTY of sources used. Already posted it btw.

Anyway thank you for this discussion. You are one of the few Iranian users I respect and who do not make false historical claims all the time nor are you a troll despite the fact that we don't always angry.

Last edited:
Lots of people here from both sides are simply being racist, & arguing over their heritages in an illogical manner. Certain claims have been exaggerated, whereas others are false. As was the case in the other thread where the Bactria Margiana Archaeological Complex was kind off associated with the Middle East & Semites when it actually had more to do with the Harappans before the Indo-Iranians. The Indo-Iranian tribes weren't completely assimilated to the point of being wiped out either since most people are naturally attracted to their own. The same is true all over the world. Once again, everyone should refer to the Kurgan hypothesis which even concerns migrations from Andronovo. Similarly, words like 'Arya' have existed in Sanskrit language & literature for a very long time. Sanskrit is one of the oldest Indo-European languages, & most if not all Indo-Iranian tribes referred to themselves as 'Arya' or 'Airya' before the evolution of current ethnic groups.

In fact, I am quite sure the Medians called themselves Aryans. As for Prophets, there have been non-Semitic Prophets like Noah, Seth, et cetera, but they were before Shem. There may have been others after Shem since Islamic literature holds that God sent a warner to every nation, but generally the most important ones were Semitic. This includes Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, etc. Many Semitic & Indo-Iranian nations of the past have acquired prestige, & both segments of nations had their own flaws. The Phoenicians for instance in spite of their accomplishments in seafaring, colonizing North Africa, & even inventing the modern script ironically did not leave much of a written record about their past. That probably also has to do with information written on papyrus decaying in humid conditions or getting destroyed. Knowledge about them often comes from Hellenic & ancient Egyptian sources. Anyway, every civilization was relevant & beneficial in its own way, but some were simply better than the others.

Last edited:
It was about this

Google that, get to know about the Aryan supremacists ( racists ), @Surenas an example more you can find on the internet.

Proving this is not something I do but you do yourself, in general Persians think they are better than us despite we have more history and shit to parade around with as they do, this leads to racism.

Just google it and read the posts of Iranians about other ME states, no need to keep arguing.

Anyway, you run away from answering my question.

well Imam Ali and Holy prophet were cousins not uncle

and about genetic part , you receive more genetic code from your mother than your father , it's due to the fact that X chromosome is several time larger than Y chromosome and had a lot more genetic codes.and a boy receive X chromosome from his mother not father (well here a girl receive one X from father and one from mother so it's equal on both side ) also we have mitochondrial chromosome which exclusively received from mother in both boy and girl because the mitochondria in sperm located in its neck that it loose before entering the egg .
Mitochondrial DNA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I already said that we are all mixed. Maternal side and paternal side account for the same amount of genetics to a newborn. How can it be otherwise? You have a paternal grandfather and a paternal grandmother and you have a maternal grandfather and a maternal grandmother. And for each generation there are more lines and more people you are related to until you reach literary millions of people that you are related to down the line who again are related to millions of other people etc.

But in most cultures your ethnic group derives from your father. Just like your surname. Father and his father etc. You know what I am talking about.

Nearly all cultures had the same system. From normal peasants that passed little land/instruments down to their sons (often eldest son) to mighty rulers.

The Jews have a slightly different system based on the Torah and its law. But often they marry/married into Jews and not non-Jews.

Well, that is correct. But Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) was the uncle of Prophet Muhammad (saws). Both belonged to the Banu Hashim clan. They had the same paternal grandfather in Abdul Muttalib, Shaybah ibn Hashim.

The only Hashemites with the "title" of Sharif of Sayyid are individuals who descend from the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (saws) Sayyidah Fatima bint Muhammad (ra).

All the worlds living Hashemites (either with the "title" Sayyid or Sharif) trace their ancestry from the two sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) and his wife, Fatima bint Muhammad (ra), the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

The oldest, Hasan ibn Ali (ra) whose ancestors in the Arab and Sunni world were known as Sharifs and his younger brother, Husayn ibn Ali (ra) who were now as people with the honorific "title" sayyid.

You have to remember that all of Prophet Muhammad (saws) sons never grew up to be old and have children of their own.

But Prophet Muhammad (saws) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) were both from the same lineage (Banu Hashim) since they were uncles and shared the same paternal grandfather, Abdul Muttalib.

Hope this helps explain it. Did the best I could.

The last part is not correct. Read my post again and the sources I posted. Many obviously came much earlier but a LARGE part came during the Safavid conversion of Iran from mainly Sunni Islam to Shia Islam.

Safavid conversion of Iran to Shia Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look under the section called "Arab Shia Ulama". PLENTY of sources used. Already posted it btw.

Anyway thank you for this discussion. You are one of the few Iranian users I respect and who do not make false historical claims all the time nor are you a troll despite the fact that we don't always angry.
Iranian Shia reign after arab Abbasyd:

Buyid dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well Imam Ali and Holy prophet were cousins not uncle

and about genetic part , you receive more genetic code from your mother than your father , it's due to the fact that X chromosome is several time larger than Y chromosome and had a lot more genetic codes.and a boy receive X chromosome from his mother not father (well here a girl receive one X from father and one from mother so it's equal on both side ) also we have mitochondrial chromosome which exclusively received from mother in both boy and girl because the mitochondria in sperm located in its neck that it loose before entering the egg .
Mitochondrial DNA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I meant cousin. Did I write uncle? Well, if I did then that was wrong of me. Sometimes I mess around with the English words for family relations. English is after all not my first language.

Are you sure about all this?

The y-Chromosone which is the male chromosome should account for the same as your x-chromosone, your maternal side.

Also are you sure about that? Because I know for a fact that if a female wants to test her y-chromosone she cannot use her mother but she needs a male relative that belongs to the same lineage as her father.

Also even if you are correct, I would like to see sources for this since I slept during biology classes and I am a chemical engineer student in private life so don't work with this field anyway, then you are making it too theoretical.

IN reality you have two grandparents on your fathers side and two on your mothers side and that is it. What you say is that the genetics you get from your fathers side is only forming 30% of you or let us say 40% while your mothers is forming the majority.

I quite frankly still don't know how this change the fact that paternal lineage is usually used as your lineage of descent, that determines your ethnic group and obviously surname etc.

Like in 98% of all cultures I know about and have read about then it was always the paternal line that mattered the most. Be it a person of humble background or the migthiest of rulers.

Ahhh, if the first page is the prevailing theme then I am not going to read the rest. Waste of time seeing kids fight over Persian Gulf or Arabian Gulf. No wonder the region is in such a mess.
BTW, we Pakistanis are neutral in this Persian-Arab or even Sunni-Shia conflict. We are a South Asian country but have just about equal share of inheritance from Arabs,Turks, Persians and Central Asians. We don't mind 'Indian Ocean'. Indians don't seem to mind 'Arabian Sea' next to them. I kind of wish, after the Strait of Hormuz, across from Gwadar, it would be 'The Sea of Pakistan' for while but I can live with without my wish being fulfilled ;)
Why not Persian Gulf? There is an Indian Ocean. There is an Arabian Sea.

Grow up you all!!

U sunnies how really don`t beleive Imam ali[s.a] and fatima[s.a] the prophet`s dauther,and instead of them U beileive people who usurped the caliphate from the sons of prophet and martyrd them?
Even very barbaric as karbala!
@hasani

U sunnies how really don`t beleive Imam ali[s.a] and fatima[s.a] the prophet`s dauther,and instead of them U beileive people who usurped the caliphate from the sons of prophet martyrd them?
Even very barbaric as karbal!
@hasani

Let not have this debate again. Read about Sunni Islam please.

Humans or all living organisms are made up of cells, which are the de facto building blocks of the body. They group together to form specific or unique functions by specialization to form organs. Those organs work together to form organ systems & a combination of these systems constitutes the living organism. Human cells have 23 pairs of chromosomes bringing the total to 46. The last pair are the sex chromosomes X & Y. Males have this in the XY combination while females have two X chromosomes. The Y chromosome is used for establishing paternal lineage, whereas the X chromosome deals with the maternal one. Most of what I have stated is just simple biology so I bet many people know it already. Since women don't carry the Y chromosome, they need to rely on male relatives from the paternal side to establish lineage. The Y chromosome doesn't change much through generations, but I recall that there are possibilities of differences caused by mutations even between a father and son.

Don’t follow Iranian politics so can’t answer that question.

Back
Top Bottom