What's new

Iran seeks strategic depth in Pakistan ties

Our track record speaks otherwise. Countries that have consistently supported Pakistani position (China, Turkey) are greatly loved by Pakistani people.

Besides we are not asking Iran to raise Shia militants and fight our wars. Even diplomatic support is a good start - for building the sort of trust you are talking about.

If you could fight your own war then you won't need our help at all. Look at how Israel failed at its Lebanon campaign, was it not all thanks to Iran? If we can manage to help a small country that far away with 1/30 of Pakistans population without support from its government to withstand and kick out the Israelis, just imagine what we can do together.

Why do you think we will back stab you. Have we back stabbed you in Yemen or Syria. But India has Back stabbed you in with UAE.

This is UAE on Indian Republican Day
View attachment 373323
These are UAE Troops Marching in India
View attachment 373324

I respect Iran for being the first country to recognize Pakistan and for your Kashmir stance against India

I dont trust India, I respect Pakistan as well, the Pakistani national anthem (Pak sar zameen) is written in Farsi, and even Pakistan is farsi. No one wants a closer Pakistan-Iran relation than me. I used to think that the first muslim country that will come to our aid and the only muslim country that would never betray Iran is Pakistan until I saw you join the SA anti-Iran military coalition. But Im not sure why Pakistan did that to be honest.

Do you honestly think that Turkey cares about what happens to Pakistan? They only think about themselves. They share no obligation with Pakistan. Iran shares obligation with Pakistan as we are truly brother nations, we even share the same DNA. A Suppressed pakistani is a suppressed Iranian If only we could learn to put aside the Shia-Sunni hate.

Last edited:
I dont trust India, I respect Pakistan as well, the Pakistani national anthem (Pak sar zameen) is written in Farsi, and even Pakistan is farsi. No one wants a closer Pakistan-Iran relation than me. I used to think that the first muslim country that will come to our aid and the only muslim country that would never betray Iran is Pakistan until I saw you join the SA anti-Iran military coalition. But Im not sure why Pakistan did that to be honest.

Do you honestly think that Turkey cares about what happens to Pakistan? They only think about themselves. They share no obligation with Pakistan. Iran shares obligation with Pakistan as we are truly brother nations, we even share the same DNA. A Suppressed pakistani is a suppressed Iranian If only we could learn to put aside the Shia-Sunni hate.
Pakistan never joined the collation. It is just one General and He is retired and He is also a good person in regards to religion. He joined on only one base that is not to attack Iran and ISIS only. Gen Raheel Sharif rejected the collation multiple time until his policy of including Iran was not meet. He will be a blessing in resolving this conflict and not a fire starter.

Pakistan never joined the collation. It is just one General and He is retired and He is also a good person in regards to religion. He joined on only one base that is not to attack Iran and ISIS only. Gen Raheel Sharif rejected the collation multiple time until his policy of including Iran was not meet. He will be a blessing in resolving this conflict and not a fire starter.

That is great news but what is his policy towards Yemen?

Al-Qaida will need to find another country. Trust me when I tell you Pakistan will not attack Houthis. Nawaz Sharif cannot afford it, Pakistanis will throw him out of the country.

Pakistan has no interest in Yemen...security and economy is deeply linked..all war is for profit..Pakistan does not have anything to benefit from Yemen..it is another quagmire like Afghanistan..!

Look at how Israel failed at its Lebanon campaign, was it not all thanks to Iran?
Yes, I saw a BBC report of how for the first time Israeli soldiers got licked by Hezbollah in Lebanon. It was combination of dedication, superb training and coordination. They had scared the Israeli's and even took soome prisoners. This is why Israeli's display such hate of Iran.

A ground contingent of Hezbollah fighters crossed the border into Israeli territory, and may have used a wheeled ladder to climb the fence.[21] They hid in ambush in the wadi of Milepost 105. As two Israeli armored Humvees arrived, one of the Hezbollah fighters, who was hiding among weeds with an anti-tank missile, was spotted from a nearby IDF observation tower, but the tower was apparently unable to relay this information to the soldiers.[27] As the Israeli Humvees passed, they were attacked with a combination of pre-positioned explosives and anti-tank missiles. The team knocked out the trailing Humvee, killing three soldiers inside, and abducted two soldiers from the first vehicle.[18] Another soldier was severely wounded, another lightly wounded and a third was scratched by shrapnel. The entire incident took no more than 10 minutes.[21]

At the same time, Hezbollah fighters fired on seven army posts, knocking out surveillance cameras and command communications with the convoy. Twenty minutes passed until First Sergeant Ehud Goldwasser, 30, and Sergeant First Class Eldad Regev, 25, were confirmed to be missing from the first vehicle.[28] The Hezbollah fighters then escaped through olive orchards to the Lebanese border village of Aita al-Shaab.[18]

Is this good or not good? For once the Israeli's got b*tch slapped. Then it it gets even better. Read on boys.

The Hannibal Directive is an IDF order stating that abductions of Israeli soldiers must be prevented by all means, including shooting at or shelling a get-away car, thereby risking the lives of the captives. The Hannibal directive was invoked and this triggered an instant aerial surveillance and airstrikes inside Lebanon to limit Hezbollah's ability to move the soldiers it had seized. "If we had found them, we would have hit them, even if it meant killing the soldiers," a senior Israeli official said.[29] Lt. Col. Ishai Efroni, deputy commander of the Baram Brigade, sent a Merkava Mark II tank, an armored personnel carrier and a helicopter in pursuit.[18] Crossing into Lebanon,[30] they headed down a dirt track lined with Lebanese border defenses.[18] However, they veered onto a road near a known Hezbollah outpost along the border. The tank was destroyed by an IED with an estimated 200–300 kilograms of explosives, killing the crew of four.[18][31] One soldier was killed and two were lightly wounded by mortar fire as they attempted to recover the bodies.

1920px-Regev_%26_Goldwasser_Memorial_in_Idmit_Park%2CIsrael.jpg

Read here the full story > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hezbollah_cross-border_raid

MerkI-3_zps39fbe368.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think Pakistan can stay close to both Turkey and Iran as they are great enemies. Pakistan must choose a side.

If you're implying such zero-sum mindset, Pakistanis will pick Turkiye in heatbeat and vice versa....

You should shun your zero-sum mindest and become a bridge b/w Pakistan and Turkiye just like you were in the past...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-25_National_Highway

Do you honestly think that Turkey cares about what happens to Pakistan? They only think about themselves. They share no obligation with Pakistan.

Do you know the brotherhood b/w Pakistan and Turkiye goes back to 1st world war??? (a time when Pakistan was not even formed)....This is how deep Pakistan and Turkiye relations go...

Turkiye is still supporting Pakistan regarding membership of NSG (Nuclear Supplier Group), a forum, where we are hoping to join....

https://timesofislamabad.com/turkey...ck-pakistan-at-international-fora/2016/07/08/

http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/11/pakistan-turkey-friendship/

I suggest you to read the history of friendship, compassion and love both nations have for each other since world war 1...

Lol...We formed unofficial alliance with Turks when we didn't even have our own country Pakistan...

Pakistan and Iran enjoy normal relations, currently...No warmth exists but when it comes to Turkiye and China....Our people get excited....

I respect your attitude/feelings for Pakistan though...

If you could fight your own war then you won't need our help at all. Look at how Israel failed at its Lebanon campaign, was it not all thanks to Iran? If we can manage to help a small country that far away with 1/30 of Pakistans population without support from its government to withstand and kick out the Israelis, just imagine what we can do together.

If you only were the leader in Iran...but you are not unfortunately...

We will one day but now it is not possible without a direct war with India.

But when we will help you, you will backstab us and say that we are using shia terrorists to take over Pakistan, fight our proxy wars and kill sunnis
I do not think Iran will ever help Pakistan win Kashmir as a state, perhaps Iranians as individuals may come, just like Pakistanis as individuals have gone to fight in Syria. Iran as a state cannot stand a majority Sunni country having military power especially Iran after the Great Ahmadinejad...but I can be wrong...

I do not think Iran will ever help Pakistan win Kashmir as a state, perhaps Iranians as individuals may come, just like Pakistanis as individuals have gone to fight in Syria. Iran as a state cannot stand a majority Sunni country having military power especially Iran after the Great Ahmadinejad...but I can be wrong...
After revolution Pakistan was the first country Iran called in Muslim world to join hands but Pakistan rejected it due to USA and KSA. It has always been Our fault first. Irani's look towards us only because of one reason that is our stance for Palestine but beside that we have not shown any support to Iran.

Iran will ask-help Pakistan in Kashmir to get what? after Pakistan already allowed jundullah, other sunni terrorists enter Iran from Balochistan (to help arab muslim "brothers" like UAE)? u need to get real. like some Pakistanis here said correctly- Iran is very sly.Besides, Iran knows the economic benefits she will reap from ties to India in the next few decades will bring a lot more benefits to Iran than "helping" Pakistan in Kashmir. Also, India is a big buyer of Iran's oil, so that benefit must be preserved. Pakistan cant even complete gas pipeline for "Brother Iran". Just more BS. Am just worried that after islam and territorial borders, Iran and Pakistan dont have much to "relate on". Iran is in a rivalry for supremacy with some sunni countries and Pakistan looks willing and able to provide manpower/capacity to them instead of Iran so who will blame Iran from looking at Pakistan suspiciously?

Please don't drag Turkey into it. As for Pak-Turkey relationships, better leave it to them...

U r thinking of Pakistan as choosing sides in different terms. As if choosing one automatically means going against the other. On world stage it doesn't necessarily work like that.

As far as countries go:
Every country balances relations with others based on interests. India still has a good relationship with Russia and is moving closer to US. Pak maintained good relations(during Cold War) with both China and US even when they(US and China) didn't see eye to eye with each other. International relations/alignments are purely interest based and are not a zero sum game.

As far as public goes:
As for the Pakistanis...I can't speak for all Pakistanis but from my experience, Pakistanis don't see Iran/Iranis in a negative light. To us Iran is a Muslim country. In fact before WoT(last decade or so) there wasn't even much of a Shia/Sunni division in Pakistan and by extension it didn't affect our view of Iran(being Shia majority) negatively, nor it should. Pakistanis are the only ppl u will find(as compared to Muslims of other nationalities) that still carry on the "Ummah" thing. When Pak embarked on its nuclear weapons program it was termed Islamic Bomb. Pakistanis still long for a greater cooperation/unity among Muslim countries.

In my opinion there are only two things holding Pak/Iran back from being close allies.

For Iran it is:
- Deep rooted rivalry with KSA. So deep that it views other countries in a manner of zero sum game. If some country allies with KSA, Iran would be at best neutral to that country and nothing more.
- Deep rooted Shia/Sunni mentality. Iran provides support(allies itself) to countries that have Shia majority and is estranged with most Muslim countries with Sunni majority.

For Pakistan it is:
- Lack of trust(somewhat) towards Iran bcuz of its relationship with India.
- Pressure from Arab countries to not become an ally of Iran.

I do wish to see more unity/coordination between Muslim countries(regardless of Shia/Sunni or Arab/Non Arab BS) but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I just wanted to clarify that based on my experience, I haven't seen any ill will towards Iran by Pakistanis. Whatever is happening on world stage has more to do with interests and what not.

U r thinking of Pakistan as choosing sides in different terms. As if choosing one automatically means going against the other. On world stage it doesn't necessarily work like that.

As far as countries go:
Every country balances relations with others based on interests. India still has a good relationship with Russia and is moving closer to US. Pak maintained good relations(during Cold War) with both China and US even when they(US and China) didn't see eye to eye with each other. International relations/alignments are purely interest based and are not a zero sum game.

As far as public goes:
As for the Pakistanis...I can't speak for all Pakistanis but from my experience, Pakistanis don't see Iran/Iranis in a negative light. To us Iran is a Muslim country. In fact before WoT(last decade or so) there wasn't even much of a Shia/Sunni division in Pakistan and by extension it didn't affect our view of Iran(being Shia majority) negatively, nor it should. Pakistanis are the only ppl u will find(as compared to Muslims of other nationalities) that still carry on the "Ummah" thing. When Pak embarked on its nuclear weapons program it was termed Islamic Bomb. Pakistanis still long for a greater cooperation/unity among Muslim countries.

In my opinion there are only two things holding Pak/Iran back from being close allies.

For Iran it is:
- Deep rooted rivalry with KSA. So deep that it views other countries in a manner of zero sum game. If some country allies with KSA, Iran would be at best neutral to that country and nothing more.
- Deep rooted Shia/Sunni mentality. Iran provides support(allies itself) to countries that have Shia majority and is estranged with most Muslim countries with Sunni majority.

For Pakistan it is:
- Lack of trust(somewhat) towards Iran bcuz of its relationship with India.
- Pressure from Arab countries to not become an ally of Iran.

I do wish to see more unity/coordination between Muslim countries(regardless of Shia/Sunni or Arab/Non Arab BS) but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I just wanted to clarify that based on my experience, I haven't seen any ill will towards Iran by Pakistanis. Whatever is happening on world stage has more to do with interests and what not.

Ahh! If it were that easy to be friends of Iran!!! Iran was ruled by mostly Turkic dynasties till Pehlevi. Still they could never be friendly to Turkey, Pehlevi being the exception. They were the best friends of Vatican, and always used to write "love letters" to them to attack Turkey so that they can attack simultaneously. Even the present Hameni is a Azeri Turk. No folks killed Ulema from Ehl-i Sunnet like them. Maybe only Beni Israil can compete with them in their quest for killing Prophets...

After revolution Pakistan was the first country Iran called in Muslim world to join hands but Pakistan rejected it due to USA and KSA. It has always been Our fault first. Irani's look towards us only because of one reason that is our stance for Palestine but beside that we have not shown any support to Iran.
Yes we are always at fault..We were fool when we support them in Iran/Iraq war , we were fool back then also when we helped them in nuclear ambitions and they throw us to IAEA ,----hey look this is from Pakistan..And all the world/US gathered against us..For your information we were among the first countries who recognize there revolution even though Pahelvi was one of the best friend Pakistan had
Thank you to prove that your love for Iran overshadow your love for motherland where you and your coming generations will stay..
Your beloved Iran was the sole reason the resolution was not passed against India in OIC to put sanctions on them for there atrocities in Kashmir..Only time when whole OIC gang up in history ah alas but Iran was right as always right and ought to be..
For me Kashmir will always be the benchmark

Ahh! If it were that easy to be friends of Iran!!! Iran was ruled by mostly Turkic dynasties till Pehlevi. Still they could never be friendly to Turkey, Pehlevi being the exception. They were the best friends of Vatican, and always used to write "love letters" to them to attack Turkey so that they can attack simultaneously. Even the present Hameni is a Azeri Turk. No folks killed Ulema from Ehl-i Sunnet like them. Maybe only Beni Israil can compete with them in their quest for killing Prophets...

Political knowledge of the past cannot compare to the political science we have today.

In the past countries were rushing each other like illiterate rabid dogs. And given the fact that average human IQ was half of what we have today (And even today's average human IQ is low, think about it) all the while average lifespan was between 18 (5000 years ago) to 25 (1000 years ago) with no infrastructure, no understanding of education or science and average literacy rates of about 2%, it must be understandable that historic societies were just dumb wastes of oxygen compared to those of today.

Now we have proper politics with somewhat intelligent, somewhat educated and somewhat rational people at the helm.

And that creates the difference.

And that is also why WE could become friends with Iran. If we an do it, so can Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom