What's new

Iran’s Sunnis, Saudi’s Shias; a Fair Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not talking about ones who support terrorism. In any case, some Shia leaders ask to end the monarchy and threaten to side wit enemies. Has a Sunni Shaike ever said that? Never. In fact Sunnis imams are the ones who are giving legitimacy to the monarchy, a major reason why no protest erupted is because of them, and how does the government repay them? prison.

I am talking about the guy who said to make Haram sex segregated and redesign it in that way. If I was king I'd execute hm in public. Or the guy who called for closing down KAUST because it is a mixed sex university. I would execute that guy too not just throw him in prison. These are the bastards you are talking about?

I've always heard that it is shias who are discriminated in saudi arabia and Iran vouches for muslim equality (what i didn't understand is the friendly relations with KSA during Shia Shah's time) . But this article does present a different viewpoint. Let the iranian members and others come and have discussion about the issue and verify with evidences if what is said in the article about sunni discrimination is true or not. In the end, we would all learn more if a fruitful discussion takes place. (i hope no shia sunni fight will take place here though).

But mate I do not believe for a moment the current issues are due to sectarianism. It is outsiders like America that are encouraging Muslims to argue so they can divide and rule us through proxies. Like you said during the time of the Shah it was peaceful. If all these countries did American bidding there is no issue. Look at Pakistan it was founded by a Shia who all of us in Pakistan hold in high regard. Our President is Shia, our first woman prime minister's mother was Iranian and Shia. I am Sunni and 70 to 80 per cent of our population is Sunni and we have no issues with each other

You clearly have no knowledge of the subject.

Its all in the head mate. If you want you can minimise them which is what I choose to you can. If you want to magnify them that is a matter for you, you can. Also there is no absolute black and white when comparing. Comparison is a relative term not an absolute one.

But mate I do not believe for a moment the current issues are due to sectarianism. It is outsiders like America that are encouraging Muslims to argue so they can divide and rule us through proxies. Like you said during the time of the Shah it was peaceful. If all these countries did American bidding there is no issue. Look at Pakistan it was founded by a Shia who all of us in Pakistan hold in high regard. Our President is Shia, our first woman prime minister's mother was Iranian and Shia. I am Sunni and 70 to 80 per cent of our population is Sunni and we have no issues with each other

Its all in the head mate. If you want you can minimise them which is what I choose to you can. If you want to magnify them that is a matter for you, you can. Also there is no absolute black and white when comparing. Comparison is a relative term not an absolute one.

Sunni persecution in Iran is very real. I am not denying that Shias in KSA face some minor discrimination which I am against but the Sunni persecution in Iran mat be highlighted here. That article speaks many truths.

Btw.. I myself live in Golestan Province and lots of people here are Sunni (Turkmens and Kazakhs) and there's no Shia-Sunni problem here.. , no one care about each other's sect (generaly Iranians are peaceful) I remember in school half of my friends and teachers were Turkmens

This is what I would like to concentrate on. Why is it that there has been little issue for decades in Pakistan when we have a good split. Only in recent decades we have a few issues. In any event no one can accuse Pakistan of a state conspiracy against either when we have a govt which has a mixture of Shias and Sunnis

No doubt there are US backing from behind. However, there is a difference between a normal regime and a theocratic sectarian regime.. Like the Shah of Iran - the regime, although a Shia, was not a sectarian one. I can understand why KSA and other arabs would be hostile to a sectarian Shia regime (remember they had no problem with the Shah who was also Shia but not sectarian).

As for pakistan, it must be commended for not having any sectarian tensions despite the huge population. But some vested groups are now trying to stir up sectarian tensions by killing shias for example. Also I hope the gang war between political parties stops soson.

Sunni persecution in Iran is very real. I am not denying that Shias in KSA face some minor discrimination which I am against but the Sunni persecution in Iran mat be highlighted here. That article speaks many truths.

well maybe Muslim countries should get together and agree to form a number of basic rights and all countries tackle these issues together. It can not be in our countries or our peoples interest to see any such prejudice

I am talking about the guy who said to make Haram sex segregated and redesign it in that way. If I was king I'd execute hm in public. Or the guy who called for closing down KAUST because it is a mixed sex university. I would execute that guy too not just throw him in prison. These are the bastards you are talking about?
Execution for having different view points!
How liberal of you! that's not the reason why they were jailed, they were jailed because of criticising corruption.
Watch this(how dare he ask for justice, EXECUTION!):

compare these two:

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt there are US backing from behind. However, there is a difference between a normal regime and a theocratic sectarian regime.. Like the Shah of Iran - the regime, although a Shia, was not a sectarian one. I can understand why KSA and other arabs would be hostile to a sectarian Shia regime (remember they had no problem with the Shah who was also Shia but not sectarian).

As for pakistan, it must be commended for not having any sectarian tensions despite the huge population. But some vested groups are now trying to stir up sectarian tensions by killing shias for example. Also I hope the gang war between political parties stops soson.

To be honest with you I do not like theocracy form of governance which Iran clearly is but I also do not like the form of governance in Saudi. I am much more live and let live sort of guy

Which is exactly what I have been saying for a LONG time. Iranian regime is the one that brought sectarianism to the region not the other way around as t portrayed. Before Iranian revolution our minister of industry and minister of agriculture were Shia. But when the revolution happened Shias in Saudi Arabia attempted a separation movement with Iran backing which is to this day the main reason of distrust between KSA and Iran.

my opinion is if all treated like first class citizens then if a war took place you will find iran sunni fighting saudi and suadi shia fighting iran
i dont know why some people act like this while in the US for example you can find white black latino muslim jews and asians in the army fighting the enemy of the US

This not something you can change in your head, can you minimize differences between us and Christians?
It doesn't heart to open a book once a year.

Execution for having different view points!
How liberal of you! that's not the reason why they were jailed, they were jailed because of criticising corruption.
Watch this(how dare he ask for justice, EXECUTION!):

compare these two:

I am all for free speech and I was exaggerating earlier. And yes I do support what he stood up for but in general this guy's views are twisted to the extreme. Saw an interview where he said that there should be hospitals for men and hospitals for women and as a doctor I find this ignorant bastard deserves no compassion. If his thoughts prevail he will have the deaths of all those people in hospitals because of his ignorant and stupid thoughts on his shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really suggest that you study this topic.
spend some time, and objectively study the differences and then try to guess why these differences are present.
It will be a world of learning !

I really suggest that you study this topic.
spend some time, and objectively study the differences and then try to guess why these differences are present.
It will be a world of learning !

Salmon I have a lot of time for you but you are making light of my comments. I stated relatively small. Perhaps you should check out other religions like Christianity and the differences in their sects but they manage to be non partisan. Compared to their differences ours could be construed as small.

In any event this thread was started by an Indian and some of you are itching to have your say so have it.

You can choose to highlight the differences and or concentrate on the alleged atrocities of either sects

Well,actions speak louder than words....Not having a mosque is like depriving them from one of the most basic necessity of life what else can u expect more...I heard it from many people but i didnt really beleive it...this is shocking as treating ur muslim brothers as 3rd class citizens.....

Salmon I have a lot of time for you but you are making light of my comments. I stated relatively small. Perhaps you should check out other religions like Christianity and the differences in their sects but they manage to be non partisan. Compared to their differences ours could be construed as small.

In any event this thread was started by an Indian and some of you are itching to have your say so have it.

there are many threads started by someone else but u and few other respected members drag Saudi Arabia for no obvious reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom