What's new

Iran: Most developed country in Muslim world thanks to Western sanctions

@BordoEnes

You better leave it here mate.

"Kedi ulaşamadığı ciğere mundar dermiş."*

*: Just a Turkish proverb.

That's not fair @Neptune. You should translate it for us non Turkish speakers. In English is it "sour grapes"? Anyway after some consideration my top five in the Muslim world listed below which takes into account across spectrum or vertical and horizontal development. I think Iran could easily jump if the sanctions regimes is removed. At present Iran us like coiled spring being held down by the international sanction regime. Minus that the massive potential energy would catapult Iran to possibly No. 1 slot but as of 2015 this is my weighting.

1. Turkey
2. Malaysia.
3. Iran.
4. Indonesia
5. Pakistan.

* Without fear or prejudice.

Malaysia and Indonesia are doing far better than Pakistan. imho Turkey is most developed among Muslim world.
then they can defend themselve against superior power..no defenceless chicks Only Pakistan PAKISTAN can...a funny DP shows ur peronality a joker don't qout me next

Yes. Maybe. One of the biggest exports of Turkey is textile. Mostly underwear and bras and such stuff. They do not have any nuclear technology. They can not launch a satellite into space. They do not have missile technology. They tried to build a drone and designed it too heavy to fly, so had to beg Israelis to redesign it for them but still it has not become operational. They even buy their battery powered hand launched drones from Israel.

So yeah, overall they are very advanced. After all they are in NATO and being in NATO and getting American military aid does help.
A perfect comment from a think tank.

I suggested other guys to compare our think tank's comment and this .

well, imho, technically, may be the Turkey should be called most developed islamic country.. well, ... just saying :)
Cheers

Well i agree to some extent. Having been to Turkey, i can attest it indeed is quite advanced/developed for a middle eastern country. I was surprised to see it even has better infrastructure/facilities than India etc. However, haven't been to Iran(not yet.), so can't say how Iran compares in this regard. But i will its relative, Turkey has higher living standards like per capital income almost twice as much as Iran, and its also has a large industrial base as well, since despite not having any large oil reserves, it still has a bigger economy than Iran. However i will say Turkey is ahead in some sectors like construction/machinery industry while Iran is also ahead in some sectors like Space tech etc. Both of them are definitely the most advanced country in the middle East, Overall i will give Turkey a slight lead over Iran.

living standards
Living standards or quality of life and purchasing power of one nation's citizens are measured by these;

for quality of life:
List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For purchasing power of people;
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for scientific/technoligical position:

SJR - International Science Ranking

and to have a taste of Iranian cities and life:

This paradise is called Iran | Page 96

and to have a taste of Iranian tech/science in 2015 visit here:

Iranian High Tech Industries

One of the biggest exports of Turkey is textile
Turkey_Export_Treemap.png

And Iran comes here ;

Iran_Export_Treemap.jpg

They do not have any nuclear technology

Simply because we didnt need a nuclear weapon ,and didnt smuggle helpers from N.Korea.

They can not launch a satellite into space.

Because we didnt receive any help like you received from Russia and N.Korea.

They do not have missile technology

I kindly invite you to take a look in Turkish section of PDF. You would see some realistic things. Beside i am somehow in the industry where my title comes from, and i would say with no doubt, yes we have that technology.

They tried to build a drone and designed it too heavy to fly

Make up stories by yourself good for your prestige . Not heavier to fly ,if it was so it wouldnt able to fly (Simple Logic) . Just heavier than expected, led to lower altitude and the problem is fixed anyway.

They even buy their battery powered hand launched drones from Israel
Very good claim indeed, check out Turkish section, UAV thread. Even my friend can build a mini UAV which is quite reliable for a amateur.

After all they are in NATO and being in NATO and getting American military aid does help.

The help we got is occurs only matter of training staff, specially in excercises. Else than it, we have face massive sanctions and blackouts from NATO countries, which makes us to not trust them already. Its only a allience, not a friendship . Anyway they only considered us as customers till 15 years ago, then they saw a "cooperator for projects"

I wouldnt spend time to make a pee competition in here , i meet more iranians in real sectors so i can say iran is mid-developed as well as turkey . But i dont see why you guys have an effort to show turkey as underdeveloped.

Iran Most Developed Country in Muslim world ?
If someone unbiased prepare a list it should be like that
1- Turkey
2- Pakistan
3- Egypt / U.A.E / Jordan
4- Iran / Syria (before War)

And then we also have Indonesia, Malysia etc.

Living standards or quality of life and purchasing power of one nation's citizens are measured by these;

for quality of life:
List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For purchasing power of people;
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for scientific/technoligical position:

SJR - International Science Ranking

and to have a taste of Iranian cities and life:

This paradise is called Iran | Page 96

and to have a taste of Iranian tech/science in 2015 visit here:

Iranian High Tech Industries

GDP-Turkey-Iran-Iraq-Arm.-Azerb..png

Data
Iran, Islamic Rep.
Middle East & North Africa (developing only)

Income levelUpper middle income

GDP (current US$) : $415.3 billion 2014
Population, total: 78.14 million 2014
GDP Per Capital: 5,292 2014
Iran, Islamic Rep. | Data

Data
Turkey
Europe & Central Asia (developing only)

Income levelUpper middle income

GDP (current US$): $799.5 billion 2014
Population, total:75.93 million 2014
GDP Per Capital: 10,542 2014
Turkey | Data

However, Iran does have the excuse of having been under sanctions from Europe and the U.S(two of the world leading powers). So will be interesting to see how Iran performs once the sanctions really lifted.:cheers:

What about Turkey, Indonesia and Malaysia

A lot of those carpets come from Pakistan. :mad:

Pakistan is not known as carpet exporter anymore, will be hard to find any Pakistani carpet anymore reason are too expensive due high labor cost.

then they can defend themselve against superior power..no defenceless chicks Only Pakistan PAKISTAN can...a funny DP shows ur peronality a joker don't qout me next

USSR had more weapon of mass destruction than US yet it was considered a 3rd world country.

Iran Most Developed Country in Muslim world ?
If someone unbiased prepare a list it should be like that
1- Turkey
2- Pakistan
3- Egypt / U.A.E / Jordan
4- Iran / Syria (before War)
Pakistan? Have you lost your senses? If it is indeed true I can understand the standard of other countries.

if development means just the hardware of some kind, then may be, but again there is no proof of that. Development really means "human" development, development of the mind and thought, development of tolerance, of freedom, respect..................if this is the guage then I disagree.

The problem with this thread is the title. When we say "most developed", we need specific measuring criteria. First, how are we defining " developed " in this instant, and how are we comparing them scientifically to others?

Therefore, its not surprising that our Muslim neighbors are being defensive. Making a general statement like this does that.

Personally, I agree with @haman10 . none of us are anything really. It's like fighting to see which of our countries has the best football team and then going to world cup and have the Europeans wipe the floors with us. Or like we are standing comparing our dick sizes and fighting over it, while the Europeans are fucking all the nice looking chicks!

Iranians are genetically different people. They are people to whom we knew as Parsis in India. Basically they are very intelligent and smart unlike Arabs. They need to get out of Islamic hostality and emerge as a nation respecting Human rights and world order. Iran can emerge as a very respectable member of International community.

Hardly any Iranian had thanked your post. You get my point I guess.

Back
Top Bottom