What's new

Iran Kowsar Jet Surprise (production line)

this discussion is degenerating, I seem to witness the game of those who offend more.
I ask if it is possible to go back to talking about technical issues.
thank you all .

Blame the Mods, they refuse to punish the troll because he is Pakistani.

However, if you say one negative thing about Pakistan then you automatically get hit with a ban.

Childish group of people on this forum tbh.

yes, very nice turned into a single-seater

TUHcs2x.jpg

rumor on twitter (BT) ... There will be a new generation of Kowsars in future and there may be some 60-70 of them in future.

rumor on twitter (BT) ... There will be a new generation of Kowsars in future and there may be some 60-70 of them in future.

Perhaps anti-ship capacity and air launched cruise missile?

He never said that. Merely just pointed to an aviation week article. He also says that the kowsar program is a modernization program for the F-5 to keep them flying. I also theorized that.

Doesn’t make sense to develop “new” generations of a 3rd generation fighter when you have a bunch of old ones waiting to be overhauled.

In next 10 years most of Iran’s fighters outside of the tomcats will reach their operational lifespan. Without major overhaul they will be more akin to failures and operational capacity will diminish.

Kowsar is a test bed for avionics packages as well as a stop gap measure till next generation Iranian made fighters reach mass production stage or Iran buys foreign fighters.

The future of Iran’s airforce after 2030 will likely be comprised of overhauled F-5’s (kowsars), F-14’s, SU-22, and some Migs. Some F-4’s might survive if they are overhauled.

The older fighters will probably be put into storage for emergency during war time or cannibalized for spare parts.

1) Established that Iran has mastered the construction of all parts of the F-5 / Kowsar
2) and if, and again if, the "Owj" J-79 is available or ready for serial construction,
3) I think that the Iranian aeronautical engineers connected with the Kowsar project have the ability to elaborate structural changes to the project

The above leads me to ask:
Why not make a version of the Kowsar using the fuselage longer than the two-seater, but modified in a single-seater to increase the capacity of internal tanks and pushed by an "Owj" J-79, thus creating a species of F-20.

It will not be 5th generation, but performance should be particularly high.
Using many parts already known and made in Iran, construction could be faster and the final cost very competitive.

For ultra-modern projects for new engines and aircraft on which to install them, they could then be studied with much more peace of mind

T5JaQh5.jpg

1) Established that Iran has mastered the construction of all parts of the F-5 / Kowsar
2) and if, and again if, the "Owj" J-79 is available or ready for serial construction,
3) I think that the Iranian aeronautical engineers connected with the Kowsar project have the ability to elaborate structural changes to the project

The above leads me to ask:
Why not make a version of the Kowsar using the fuselage longer than the two-seater, but modified in a single-seater to increase the capacity of internal tanks and pushed by an "Owj" J-79, thus creating a species of F-20.

It will not be 5th generation, but performance should be particularly high.
Using many parts already known and made in Iran, construction could be faster and the final cost very competitive.

For ultra-modern projects for new engines and aircraft on which to install them, they could then be studied with much more peace of mind

T5JaQh5.jpg

Two pathways possible is that of the F-20 and F-18.

Both derived from the F-5, although the F-20 much more obviously so.

Hopefully, there are some talented people working on this in Iran.

Back
Top Bottom