What's new

Iran Kowsar Jet Surprise (production line)

SubWater

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
2376927.jpg

2376929.jpg

2376930.jpg

2376928.jpg

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/90...انبوه-و-تحویل-دهی-اولین-جت-جنگنده-تمام-ایرانی

Kowsar was meant to be a combat trainer for pilots right? Not something we'd be seeing produced in large numbers?

Kowsar was meant to be a combat trainer for pilots right? Not something we'd be seeing produced in large numbers?
Base on what I read from one of the defense ministry poster, Kowsar is start of indigenous path of Iran local fighters.

I think we must imagine Kowsar as Shahab 1 and 2 in the 70's.
we reach from scud clone Shahab missiles to Fateh missiles.
hope same thing happen for Iran jet fighters productions.

Generally airframes of 3rd generation aircraft can be slightly modified and can be used in 4th generation ... The key changes in 4th generation was the sub-systems of the aircrafts and engine controls including but not limited to avionics, FBW, MAWs, integration with assets ...

So if Iranian actually make some achievements in these areas than it is good, however, I personally think it is not the case, Iran is not capable of designing its own FBW as it lacks electronics systems... furthermore, avionics must also be at some basic level prone to jamming ...

However, the direction is right ... Hope they succeed but do not use it against muslims in general and arabs in particular ...

why iran couldnt buy some fighter jets from russia?? is it due to arms sales sanction against iran??

How may of these are produced annually?
Any Details about its Specs?
Engine, Radar, Armaments, Avionics, Range?
Or is it ditto similar to F5 as its shape suggests?
Cant find much details of Kowsar on Internet

Back
Top Bottom