What's new

Iran Has Bought Russia’s Most Advanced Fighter Aircraft

Guess I was wrong! But your forgetting one thing! U.S. Sanctions that will be extended for another 10 years once trump gets into office & the Russians will be sanctioned by the U.S. regardless of the U.S. embargo if they were to sell up fighters
So regardless, It's definitely not happening in the next 4 years because even if Trump doesn't extend the sanctions against Iran & the Russians maintain good relations with Trump they will wait till months after the next U.S. elections to see what will happen.

And so far every person in Trumps cabinet has an obsession with Iran. So again we are putting our hopes on if's & maybes!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got screwed on the Nuclear deal! Now we have to put our hopes on others again! So that maybe sometime in 2020 if and when the Russian's aren't happy with Trump they may take the risk circumventing U.S. sanctions against Iran!

We don't blink at throwing $25 Billion at Boeing & Airbus! We don't blink at spending $6 Billion on 60 Su-30's but when it comes to building our own fighter we want a cheap single engine fighter with low titanium requirements!
It's disturbing that they don't even give our engineers the chance & the funding to build the most advanced fighter within the countries capability regardless of the cost!!!!!!!!

Russians will be sanctioned by the U.S

Um... no. Haven't you seen the bromance between Putin and Trump? How Putin has been supporting the Trump campaign?

U.S. Sanctions that will be extended for another 10 years once trump

Doesn't really matterin this context. This sort of thing needs neither banks nor dollars. It's a defence purchase, we're not going through financing and we can buy with roubles or euros.

$25 Billion at Boeing & Airbus!

That's total of the planes at list price. I assure, with such a large purchase, we are not buying at list price.
they will wait till months after the next U.S. elections to see what will happen.

Fair point.

The way I see it is that this could go 2 ways, and they both depend on Putin's relationship with Trump.

Relations get warm enough for Trump to persuade Putin not to sell the Su-30s.

Or relations get so warm that Putin persuades Trump that the Russian economy needs the money from the sale and it goes through. This would be possible if Trump is as isolationist as he says he is.

there will be no SU-30 for Iran, point..

dindt Iran purchased any planes after falling apart of the sovietunion?
It was an eldorado for weapon sellers, and for money you could buy anything.
I cant believe that Iran was not able to purchase some Migs/Sukhoi...?
even in 2002 iran coul purchase illegally nuclear capable cruise missiles from Ukraine (Meshkat)

even in 2002 iran coul purchase illegally nuclear capable cruise missiles from Ukraine (Meshkat)

In fact Iran had bought some MiG-29s but the order wasn't complete when the USSR fell. And we missed the immediate post-collapse sell off apart from the kilo sub purchase.

Iran did purchase new aircraft after the fall of the soviet union but only in very small amounts to make up the numbers of mig29s/su24s/su25s that iran had acquired from iraq,I think also that irans opinion of some of these aircraft especially the mig29 wasnt that high and from what I can remember the serviceability of the su24 was poor and russian parts and back up was abysmal which would no doubt have had a bearing on irans decision not to purchase anymore aircraft,but yes iran should have been acquiring new fighters,ideally su30s,back in the early 2000s,not doing that was a very foolish oversight but then the airforce probably has had the lowest resource priority of all of irans military.

I would put it at a 99% chance that Russia will NOT transfer a single Su-30 to Iran in the next 5 years!
They will not do it during Trump's 1st term if Trump stays on point on Syria! OR gives Russians more access to U.S. economy!

And they will wait half a year after the next U.S. election to even decide whether they should or not! So regardless, the Russians wont even think about it for the next 4.5 years let alone prepare to increase production for export!

Tanks, Artillery & 8-10 passenger Helicopters are all things Iran can produce it's self so Putin can easily convince Trump to sell these things to Iran because they really wont make a difference anyway. Plus, with no fighters in the mix Iran would be the looser in such a deal!

And 4.5 years from now the only way the Russians will OK the deal & start increasing production for export is if 1.Relations with the U.S. don't improve as desired or 2.U.S. doesn't place additional Sanctions on Iran

Fact is under Trump, U.S. is going to claim we are allowed to put unilateral sanctions on Iran because of it's Ballistic Program & because of it's Ballistic Program any country that sells Iran fighter jets or parts to Iran will be banned from doing any business with the U.S.!

Today US passed the Iran Sanction act 419-1 extending the Iran Sanctions Act for 10 years and even Obama can't veto it because they can overwrite his veto! So JCPOA is dead!

If Iran was smart they would get the Russians to do a covert Technology transfer of the RD-33 before trump gets into office! from a tech transfer of how to mass produce the materials to all the tools needed to mass produce the engine & Iran can claim that they reverse engineered the RD-33 by themselves and then Iran should just build a twin engine fighter based off the RD-33....

Clearly U.S. has stopped playing nice now it's Iran's turn to stop playing nice & increase it's defense spending from $17 Billion to $40 Billion a year. JCPOA is dead but instead of restarting nuclear activity Iran needs to start producing IR-8's at a rate of $100 million USD worth a year without installing them for the next 4 years and instead be focused on the Military.

Iran needs to increase production of:
Zolfagar Missile to 1000 Missiles per year, Soumar to 1000 per year & Fatteh-313 to 1000 per year and at an average of $1 Million USD per missile that's only a $3 Billion USD increase to your defense budget you also invest in 1000 launch platforms per year for $200 Million, $300 Million on more underground bases & depots.
And an additional $1.5 Billion on Sejil-2, Emad production & R&D in accuracy. That's $5 billion USD increase on Missiles.
Iran needs to invest $2 Billion per year on 2 competing domestic fighter prototype & pick the best for production.
And additional $2 Billion USD for the Space Programs $2 Billion on Subs, torpedo's & mine production, $2 Billion on Tanks, Artillery & Armored Vehicles Production $3 Billion on Radars, SAM & sensors . $2 Billion on UAV/UCAV, $1Billion on Helo Production & $1 Billion on Guns, ATGM, MANPAD's, mortars... $1Billion on additional manpower. That's $20Billion increase on it's current spending all spent on domestically made weapons that will create a lot of jobs!

That way 4 year from now Iran wouldn't even want to buy the Su-30's from Russia!

Back
Top Bottom