What's new

Iran has achieved self-sufficiency in defending itself: Top general

Funny how this declaration from Iran stating that she is self sufficient in its defence needs has some Pakistanis here so triggered!

Some people are just trolls for the sake of being trolls. Surely though you can understand why there is scepticism over this statement? Take your aircraft for example, Saeqeh, Kowsar. Have they been involved in any airshows? Any training with other countries? There is just so little information about them. I'm sure Iran is capable of achieving many of the things it states, but your country puts out so little information, especially stuff that can be verified.

I sincerely hope for the sake of your people and your nation that the statement is correct.

Some people are just trolls for the sake of being trolls. Surely though you can understand why there is scepticism over this statement? Take your aircraft for example, Saeqeh, Kowsar. Have they been involved in any airshows? Any training with other countries? There is just so little information about them. I'm sure Iran is capable of achieving many of the things it states, but your country puts out so little information, especially stuff that can be verified.

I sincerely hope for the sake of your people and your nation that the statement is correct.

When it came to Kowsar Iran publicized not only the Aircraft but its production line as well.

Well ,ask yourself an energy hungry country like pakistan even is not able to buy the energy it need from iran ,how they can have a military cooperation with iran ?

Well ,ask yourself an energy hungry country like pakistan even is not able to buy the energy it need from iran ,how they can have a military cooperation with iran ?

Energy hungry? We don't have a shortage of energy. Take a look closer to home, you're the ones burning your cities protesting the price of fuel.

Energy hungry? We don't have a shortage of energy. Take a look closer to home, you're the ones burning your cities protesting the price of fuel.
Even with a 300% price increase, Iranians are only paying 24 Cents a L for gas. How much is it where you are?

Military hardware alone can not defend a country. Defense has broader socio-economical and geo-political aspects including many other. For instance, social unrests and crippling inflations can never be countered by military hardware. Self sufficiency in an illusion which does not exist in real world.

My purposal was completing natural gas pipeline from iran to Pakistan by Iran and sell gas for lesser price for some years in exchange of co producing of jf 17 while we pay for some external parts like turbo fan engine and some missiles which Pakistan has to import from Russia and China ....

This is a good offer which can be fair and benefitional for both countries ....

At least with this kind of offer , we can show our good will to Pakistanis .... If they accept it , we both can starting a win win deal , if they decline it , then they can't complain about us and we won't lose anything in process and improving our public image among Pakistani citizens ....

Last edited:
My purposal was completing natural gas pipeline from iran to Pakistan by Iran and sell gas for lesser price for some years in exchange of co producing of jf 17 while we pay for some external parts like turbo fan engine and some missiles which Pakistan has to import from Russia and China ....

At least with this kind of offer , we can show our good will to Pakistanis .... If they accept it , we both can starting a win win deal , if they decline it , then they can't complain about us and we won't lose anything in process and improving our public image among Pakistani citizens ....
this is a good point of view, Pakistan is a big country with a big market and i think cooperation will benefit not just Iran but Pakistan too. i mean our automobile industry should have been more active in their market through joint productions so as our other major productions and industries, also they have good agricultural sector that can supply us with tropical fruits and etc.
but regarding the jf-17, do we have enough infrastructure for future acquisitions alongside Pakistani thunders?? is it economically accepted to throw away our past investments for a light 4th generation plane and buy similar plane with similar capabilities?? also by talking to IRIAF pilots i get the impression that air force desires to downsize itself and improving it's capability at same time, so the question is can we do that with jf-17??
answering to those questions it is unlikely that Iran would move for thunder.

Where is Pakistan sourcing the engines from? Even if Iran tried to purchase JF-17s from Pakistan I'm sure Pakistan would never sell it due to U.S pressure.
Agreed.

Pakistan is SO AFRAID of US sanctions, Pakistan would rather live with daily power and factory outages than build its part of the IP gas pipeline. smfh.

Military hardware alone can not defend a country. Defense has broader socio-economical and geo-political aspects including many other. For instance, social unrests and crippling inflations can never be countered by military hardware.
Good point.
Self sufficiency in an illusion which does not exist in real world.
If you are talking about blanket/ total self sufficiency, i agree. BUt i feel a country like Iran is aiming for self sufficiency in sensitive and critical areas mainly/only, like defense. I do agree that playing hermit doesnt work in this ever integrating world we live in.

Where is Pakistan sourcing the engines from? Even if Iran tried to purchase JF-17s from Pakistan I'm sure Pakistan would never sell it due to U.S pressure.
and since Pakistan can only make half of this JF17, i promise you Pakistan cannot sell these jets to any country without prior authorization from China. So Iran might as well cut Pakistan out and go directly to the source. Just saying..

Fat lie. You were making sense in your previous posts until you decided to lie here. Offcourse Pakistan has an energy shortage - it has little gas or oil but has a huge population so where are you getting all your energy from? smfh.

A lot more, yet no protests.
NO protests only because of no US sanctions and GCC money keeping your population afloat. The day Trump sanctions Pakistan for supporting Taliban, we will know the real price of things in Pakistan.

well , then good for you. you are the only country in world that don't need energy . hope your industry also think so

the problem. Iran Air-force don't want JF-17 and Pakistan wont be able to do business with Iran without USA permission .

Pakistan is using RD 93 Russian engine. And JF 17 is a joint venture between Pakistan and China.IF iran want jf then they can talk to Pakistan or China but it will be much better for both parties if they go for china.

Back
Top Bottom