What's new

Featured Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project

I don't get the big fuss here. India is obviously financially weaker compared to China. India is not even in the question here. It's between the US and China. mann.. This forum just can't get the idea that the world doesn't revolve around India and Pakistan. Even living in Sri Lanka, we hardly care about either of them. Any question of power struggle always revolves around the US and China. Nothing else.

It is your narrow mind that does not allow you to see the whole picture. India's alienation from Afghanistan and maybe now from Iran will lead to less competition for precious resources within central Asia. The world has limited resources and India being ousted from Iran actually hurts the United States. China's investment and ultimate influence within countries like Iran will allow it to create an alternative to the dollar and western powers through energy independence and advancement of the BRI. The Middle East, Central Asia, and Africa have always been the drivers of Empire, and Control over these areas is essential to becoming a superpower.

BTW the soviets and USA never fought a direct war but always fought throw money and proxies..
So, it's easy to scoff at PDF members but I think you have limited knowledge.

homie, I hope one day we can light up a fat joint, sit down and put this fantasy topic to rest.
Yeah, don't worry we will liberate your kind from the Hindus very soon.

So? If I am in a Canadian forum, am I supposed to believe that the world revolves around Canada? You live in a fantasy world. That's not very healthy for you homie.

In your "Canadian" forum ... Subjects will revolve around Canada. Likewise here .. get out if you can't handle all the pakistan centric talk...

China has actually reached where it is due to these "crumbs" from the western world. China is really nothing without Western companies setting up factories in China. Has China reached this GDP level due to new innovations or inventions? No, only by mass manufacturing goods for the west. The so called decline of the anglo world is the kind of bullshit we orientals tell each other to feel good about ourselves. If the west was declining, there wouldn't be millions of Chinese. Indians or Pakistanis etc waiting in line for a Canadian or American visa.

All innovation takes place in the west. Has China ever produced a new drug that really made a difference? No. Does China have an equivalent of Microsoft/Google/Apple/AMD/Tesla/SpaceX/Intel/Qualcomm? No. Name a single innovation attributed to China in the last 100 years. Everything you see today from cellphones to laptops were designed in the west, the westerners taught you to produce them and you produced them. Japan produced them earlier and when it got too expensive, production moved to China, i don't really see what your point is about western crumbs when China literally owes everything to these crumbs.

Russia now on the other hand does have an excellent history of innovation and contribution of sciences, they almost won the space war, but now it's a different picture after the cold war. 70-80% of Russian economy is oil or defense products. The entire population is hooked on vodka and declining.

There is no Russia/China/Iran super civilizational block, nothing more than a fancy term for a bunch of countries where China will build roads, bridges and dump super cheap products and in return will get cheap oil(maybe even free once the 400 billion debt gets too much as it did in Africa, Sri Lanka, Malaysia etc etc). Russia and Iran don't really have a choice since they are sanctioned by the west, so this is their only hope of getting some hard cash. If they weren't sanctioned, this bloc wouldn't exist. In terms of Civilization ties, Russia doesn't have any grandiose history of civilisational ties with China and is far far closer to the west. Russia is basically moscow and surrounding regions(which are in Europe, thousands of km from the last Chinese outpost) Funny enough, the Pakistani members who are jumping the highest have the lowest status in this block. They neither have oil, nor do they produce anything, Pakistan is simply a transit point for Chinese goods to reach Iran and Central Asia and for Iranian oil to reach China and at the same time, a market for Chinese products due to their large population. Any gains in infrastructure will most likely be undone due to the decimation of local industry that obviously can't compete with Chinese imports( I highly doubt China will allow Pakistan to keep tariffs).

We are not losing anything, Modi made the right choice.

Your views are outdated but it's not surprising since Indians get 100% of their ideas about China from the American media.

China was not a major innovator in the last few centuries because it was agrarian or in chaos. Things have changed, especially in the last 5 years. Today, China is quickly becoming a rival or surpassing the US in many technological fields. This is why the Trump administration has been leading an all out tech, political and economic war against China. If China was still only making cheap toys and t shirts, they would not give a shit.

Most of the other European countries were great innovators in the past but are no longer today. Same with Japan. Their capabilities have significantly dropped off. Although China is fast becoming a major rival in innovation to the US, the US still retains the No. 1 spot for now. However, much of that is fueled by being the destination of human talent from Asia. Most of the skilled labor in Silicon Valley comes from foreign countries. This is a fact. However, it is not guaranteed that this will be enough even to keep the US at No. 1 if the country doesn't consistently invest in the future. Nothing is guaranteed but China is investing hundreds of billions in tomorrow's infrastructure and human development. It has made tremendous progress in just the last 5 years. I suggest you look up more sources other than what is readily available in the American media, you might be shocked. You'd probably understand why the Trump administration is so maniacally desperate at cutting down China.

China has actually reached where it is due to these "crumbs" from the western world. China is really nothing without Western companies setting up factories in China. Has China reached this GDP level due to new innovations or inventions? No, only by mass manufacturing goods for the west. The so called decline of the anglo world is the kind of bullshit we orientals tell each other to feel good about ourselves. If the west was declining, there wouldn't be millions of Chinese. Indians or Pakistanis etc waiting in line for a Canadian or American visa.

All innovation takes place in the west. Has China ever produced a new drug that really made a difference? No. Does China have an equivalent of Microsoft/Google/Apple/AMD/Tesla/SpaceX/Intel/Qualcomm? No. Name a single innovation attributed to China in the last 100 years. Everything you see today from cellphones to laptops were designed in the west, the westerners taught you to produce them and you produced them. Japan produced them earlier and when it got too expensive, production moved to China, i don't really see what your point is about western crumbs when China literally owes everything to these crumbs.

Russia now on the other hand does have an excellent history of innovation and contribution of sciences, they almost won the space war, but now it's a different picture after the cold war. 70-80% of Russian economy is oil or defense products. The entire population is hooked on vodka and declining.

There is no Russia/China/Iran super civilizational block, nothing more than a fancy term for a bunch of countries where China will build roads, bridges and dump super cheap products and in return will get cheap oil(maybe even free once the 400 billion debt gets too much as it did in Africa, Sri Lanka, Malaysia etc etc). Russia and Iran don't really have a choice since they are sanctioned by the west, so this is their only hope of getting some hard cash. If they weren't sanctioned, this bloc wouldn't exist. In terms of Civilization ties, Russia doesn't have any grandiose history of civilisational ties with China and is far far closer to the west. Russia is basically moscow and surrounding regions(which are in Europe, thousands of km from the last Chinese outpost) Funny enough, the Pakistani members who are jumping the highest have the lowest status in this block. They neither have oil, nor do they produce anything, Pakistan is simply a transit point for Chinese goods to reach Iran and Central Asia and for Iranian oil to reach China and at the same time, a market for Chinese products due to their large population. Any gains in infrastructure will most likely be undone due to the decimation of local industry that obviously can't compete with Chinese imports( I highly doubt China will allow Pakistan to keep tariffs).

Baba, we are humble poor plastic toy making onlee. No threat at all mate. 20 Jawans died from fleeing..... Lolol

homie, I hope one day we can light up a fat joint, sit down and put this fantasy topic to rest.

Friend, if not Pakistani, the next closest thing would be Afghan. We do not have much in common with India, unlike BD, SL, other countries which do.

Our racial origin is Iranic and IVC.

View from above both look so close.

Yes finally, around 200 miles separate Chabahar and Gawadar. Is this China hedging it’s bets on Pakistan?
Or, is there sufficient trade volumes to justify two ports in close proximity?
China had ambitious plans for Chabahar in the last decade, these plans included a large refinery and mega infrastructure projects. But these plans were shelved due to US pressure, I assume that is no longer a factor.

As an investor Chabahar is more appealing due to Iran’s oil & gas industry. Good for Iran,Afghanistan and China.

India has very bad habit of delaying projects and always want bigger chunk out of it.
Bro, this is 100% truth...the same thing happened to them with political influence in Nepal and Bhutan- INdia thought those countries would always be in India's pocket, but China has already come and swooped them out of India's hold...we love to see reality man.
Now,losing this railway project is big blow for India.
Agreed...China can and will activate Chabahar soon, and start using it actively to transit goods and services throughout the Middle East and Central Asia.
Most probably China will build this project overnight and slowly India will be out of picture.
Boom...Iran needs an ally, RIGHT NOW, and India has not been stepping up..ignoring prime and top notch oil wells Iran allowed India win and stall on.....Then India reduced oil buying from Iran..then India even sent a naval warship to the Persian Gulf after the tensions between Iran and US was cranking up....
As far as oil export to India, Iran is not losing much.
yea, cuz China and alternative markets + petrochemical industry in Iran use them up.
India bought 10 percent needed oil from Iran and 90 percent from KSA.
Wow....so KSA is paying India to stab Pakistan(Kashmir)?????
Plus delay in payments was another issue.
Boom.wow..you really profiled them in detail. Tbh 100% honest with you, i think at least 50% of the reason China is where it is now and India isnt there yet is because China moves resolutely and quickly on things- projects, missions, deals, quotas, etc...whereas India is very slow and bureaucratic..smh..we are in 21st century.sink or swim!

Your views are outdated but it's not surprising since Indians get 100% of their ideas about China from the American media.

China was not a major innovator in the last few centuries because it was agrarian or in chaos. Things have changed, especially in the last 5 years. Today, China is quickly becoming a rival or surpassing the US in many technological fields. This is why the Trump administration has been leading an all out tech, political and economic war against China. If China was still only making cheap toys and t shirts, they would not give a shit.

Most of the other European countries were great innovators in the past but are no longer today. Same with Japan. Their capabilities have significantly dropped off. Although China is fast becoming a major rival in innovation to the US, the US still retains the No. 1 spot for now. However, much of that is fueled by being the destination of human talent from Asia. Most of the skilled labor in Silicon Valley comes from foreign countries. This is a fact. However, it is not guaranteed that this will be enough even to keep the US at No. 1 if the country doesn't consistently invest in the future. Nothing is guaranteed but China is investing hundreds of billions in tomorrow's infrastructure and human development. It has made tremendous progress in just the last 5 years. I suggest you look up more sources other than what is readily available in the American media, you might be shocked. You'd probably understand why the Trump administration is so maniacally desperate at cutting down China.

I do not get anything from American media. I just look at day to day things I use and other modern inventions, innovations, medicines etc and I cannot help but come to the conclusion that they were invented in the west. I don't dispute the fact that China being agrarian in past century might have something to do with it. But when you look at India and say we are looking for anglo saxon crumbs and all that bullshit, it sounds pretty lame, because that is exactly what China has done. I don't know about the past 5 years and what will happen in the future, but I do know that China owes the west EVERYTHING for its growth in the last 2-3 decades. Chinese growth over the past 2 decades has only happened due to western companies producing their products in China, not due to any innovation or a stroke of brilliance. I never said China is producing only plastic toys etc. China produces almost all high tech goods imaginable except a few. But China wasn't the first to market them, they were all invented or produced first in the west, then their production shifted to China, and then Chinese companies slowly came up and started marketing better versions of the item. Like honestly, taking an oled tv and making a curved version out of it isn't innovation, it's pretty easy if you work on it. Nor is producing a phone with 4 cameras on the back instead of one. That is the sort of thing China has done and which we will try to do - Encourage western companies to set up base and manufacture here and encourage the growth of local companies. China and India have exactly the same growth model, the only difference is that China liberalized and encouraged western countries to come there about 15 years earlier than India did. So when you talk of India joining the anglo block and what not, it is pretty laughable, since China did exactly the same thing.

Please get a toilet....this open mouth defecation really stinks

One thing comes to mind and that is the risk of US sanctions. Does China have a plan for this ?
wow, this is an interesting comment from you...i'm sorry and hate to say this but US economy obviously doesnt have much stamina to sanction China seriously, in any serious way, aka long term....look at the treasuries and wallet of avg citizens...thats the real truth..i guess what i'm trying to say is that China can withstand those sanctions...if China wants...China already controls so much business in the developing world...the west overlooked those economies, but China is in many of them, doing very well. Money speaks today, simple and short.

Okay why long winded rant? You need to promote your own innovative industries. Criticising others is not merited.

Modi made right choice, what does that mean? 2016 note ban, rushed GST implementation or lockdown without any planning. Maybe your referring to clouds blocking radar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom