What's new

INS Vishal might be nuclear-powered aircraft carrier : Naval Design Bureau

I think the DRDO Aura is just a speculation, nothing is known about it and it is unlikely that it would be built by this decade.

Well I am not sure. We havent heard on its progress for long. But I do feel that it is breathing somewhere, someplace in India.

ba9582e8c5c385e41369929d65eb3f9e.jpg

Harriers belong of different class. They are STOVL planes and and could not be replaced by non-STOVL planes. They would be retired with Vishal, and India is not planning any STOVL carrier in future.

So what ? N-LCA is still more capable.

Money is being wasted on N-LCA ,so that ADA could get experience in Carrier based Aircrafts ,so that they could make N-AMCA on time, rather than 20 years past it's utility.

That is pure speculation. CAG does not say it and nor do I buy it, but You are free to believe otherwise.

It is extremely unlikely that India would piss off Russia, USA, and France at same time.Indian supply lines are secure.

Not pissing of US, Russia & France might be your priority. But not the IN. IN does not operate that way.

Their priority is to defend Indian against all enemies, and that may include US, Russia or France.

And regarding three parameters you are talking about. LCA has American Engine. FYI, Engine of any fighter need to changed every 1500-5000 hours of flight depending on usage. That itself makes LCA dependent on USA, not to mention other foreign parts in LCA.

Again, So what ? Kaveri is under development. Besides IN is sure to buy spares and additional engines to keep in stock and not leave the supply chain hanging. The Engine in the AC itself is from GE :P

Global supply chain is a reality in the world today and not even US is immune from it. We all do what we must and that includes the US.

Hey @MokshaVimukthi , let's end this discussion. I am about to get permanent ban for showing mirror to admin of this forum.

Ok.

Money... supercarriers wont fit into our Indian conscience... give it couple of decades.

The IN does not need Super-Carriers.......till India decides to attack Australia.
By that time, Super-Carriers will become Dreadnoughts. Times and requirements are changing.

It is not just Engines. No IRST, Crappy radar, low payload , low range. In short, it was designed as point defence fighter, not a multi-role fighter.
After improvement, it would become a good land based fighter, but it would still not be capable enough to be fielded from Aircraft carrier.

Than Why Navy bat for it?

If US gives us EMALS, then we would have to buy F-35C as part of package, else Rafale would be put up on Vishal.

India is not interested in buying the F-35 and the emals system is being offered separately by the US.

India is not interested in buying the F-35 and the emals system is being offered separately by the US.
on the contrarry the rumour is that NAVY has demanded that its Vishal to be neuklear powered and with at least a squad of F35s

Harriers belong of different class. They are STOVL planes and and could not be replaced by non-STOVL planes. They would be retired with Vishal, and India is not planning any STOVL carrier in future.

Money is being wasted on N-LCA ,so that ADA could get experience in Carrier based Aircrafts ,so that they could make N-AMCA on time, rather than 20 years past it's utility.

It is extremely unlikely that India would piss off Russia, USA, and France at same time.Indian supply lines are secure.

And regarding three parameters you are talking about. LCA has American Engine. FYI, Engine of any fighter need to changed every 1500-5000 hours of flight depending on usage. That itself makes LCA dependent on USA, not to mention other foreign parts in LCA.

It was supposed to have the indigenous Kaveri engine. But nevertheless, Tejas is in the advanced stage of development with lot of money poured into the project and it would also make no sense to not use the fighter on aircraft carriers just because it is dependent on USA.

Dude, you really think that's an authoritative source? That's a facebook comment.

I know, but the page does not post any...let's say 'stupid stuff'. This page is one of the trusted defence pages. But yeah you do have a good point.

The CGI Might provide some small hints on the looks of India's vishal aircraft carrier

1544346_806104159453036_7093363825349493859_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom