What's new

INS Vikrant truly a pan Indian effort

first warship to be built entirely using indigenously produced steel.

tahh, that was no news. way before that, the glorious yindoos already achieved complete technological autonomy and indigenously produced all the plastic cutlery and bedsheets used in its mighty navy. chinese and pakistanis might not know the industry and intelligence of yindoos with the slow and deliberate pace they took to building their war ships, but these ships, once built, will all come with state-of-art kitchenware and linens.

You can bomb Karachi or Gwadar from Junagadh or Jodhpur. Dont need to put an ACC in Arabian sea for that.

And ports are best blocked by Subs.

Not correct...Please read on how IN used INS Vikrant in 1971 and what it achieved by doing so. Its not always about bombing and ACs are not meant for bombing unless its littoral warfare(which is very unlikely in recent future of IN).

There is a reason that AC is not a strategic asset. But nuclear subs, especially SSBNs, are the most important strategic asset. This is because AC is not meant for a nuclear war. US build the ACC for projecting power against countries like Iran, Iraq, Libya etc. Not for fighting WWIII.

So A/C are a tactical asset?? and when US used A/C against these countries...please provide facts.

It is well known that ACs are useless against "real" countries because they are either nuclear powers, or have strong navies and air defenses.

ACs are good only against small nations which do not have effective navies or air defence. So, you take your AC near their coasts, bomb the hell out of them... Rinse...repeat. That's precisely how the US uses them and that's why it sent a Carrier fleet to Bay of Bengal in 1971, threatening to bomb Calcutta.

Using AC as air cover for fleet defense is a stupid idea. It almost conjures up images of WW-II with dogfights and blazing flak guns.

1. A/C are not used against countries. That's what missiles are for if you ever want to bomb a country.
2. How many countries do you see in IN radar having strong navies and what is our primary threat perception?
3. Threatening to bomb Kolkata and we all know what a bad idea it was. IN wont use such an Idea.

As far as A/C is concerned, its a blue water machine which is meant to operate far away from shore. Give air cover to other fighting assets like destroyers, frigates and its subordinate assets. Like you rightly said the most possible scenario is straits of Malacca or gulf of Aden where you need to protect your sea lanes. It will hold the line until other assets are deployed but thats on a need to serve basis. But still there are other valuable use of an A/C and comparing A/C with subs or any other asset is not worth as every asset is meant for a specific role and in a war everybody plays a part. an A/C alone is not gonna make you win a war, and no one here thinks like that.

lastly...If you think of an amphibious assault, rest assured that A/C will merely be a tool among the other numerous assets to be deployed in such a scenario.

which part of india built the engine?
which part of india built its AESA radar?
which part of india built those fighter jets?
which part of india built its satellite navigation system?
Stop embarrassing them. They just recently can manufacture the steel for the ship. If they can build 50% of the ship, its a break through already.

How many countries have developed a Marine Gas Turbine on their own?Do you know that the gas turbines used in Chinese naval ships are Ukranian?

It will use Mig 29 K from Russia and,also Indian Naval LCA which we developed on our own.

Ever heard of IRNSS which would be complete by a few years?

Oh hell,I am trying to argue with people who think that 'India doesnt have windtunnels' (peaceful) & another guy who thinks that 'India & Pakistan are at the same level in space research' (faithfulguy)

:omghaha:

How many countries have developed a Marine Gas Turbine on their own?Do you know that the gas turbines used in Chinese naval ships are Ukranian?

It will use Mig 29 K from Russia and,also Indian Naval LCA which we developed on our own.

Ever heard of IRNSS which would be complete by a few years?

Oh hell,I am trying to argue with people who think that 'India doesnt have windtunnels' (peaceful) & another guy who thinks that 'India & Pakistan are at the same level in space research' (faithfulguy)

:omghaha:

How is India ahead in space research? That is send a probe to circle the moon and then crash into it? Ok, India is ahead on that. Anything else?

How is India ahead in space research? That is send a probe to circle the moon and then crash into it? Ok, India is ahead on that. Anything else?

Aaaa.. Now you coming to real color. What's is your take on intergalatic J15 Flying "Fish'' which cannot carry anything more than 2 ton compared to 3.8 ton by Indian failed severly crippled NLCA tejas ?? So much of chinese alienware tech.

Aaaa.. Now you coming to real color. What's is your take on intergalatic J15 Flying "Fish'' which cannot carry anything more than 2 ton compared to 3.8 ton by Indian failed severly crippled NLCA tejas ?? So much of chinese alienware tech.

I don't know much about these two platforms. But all I know is that the texas fighter took decades and its still not finished. First, finish it before comparing with others. And first finish LCA before boasting about upgrades.

Yes , our rockets don't kill our own citizens unlike the chinese rockets .

Thats one area we are ahead .

I don't know much about these two platforms. But all I know is that the texas fighter took decades and its still not finished. First, finish it before comparing with others. And first finish LCA before boasting about upgrades.

You don't know about your own Russian ctrl C + V ..:cheesy:

Dude i have not seen you in a single thread about taiwan ,but have seen you in all the threads about India ....why????

Dude i have not seen you in a single thread about taiwan ,but have seen you in all the threads about India ....why????

What's there to write about Taiwan? I mean, come on, give it credit. One small tiny nation standing against China for so many decades - that is commendable.

which part of india built the engine?
which part of india built its AESA radar?
which part of india built those fighter jets?
which part of india built its satellite navigation system?

In other words, it is not indigenous then , right ?

so anyone who buys furniture from Ikea can claim that they build the furniture themselves , right ?

What a logic of yours? We buy the wood from woodcutter and make the furniture so by your logic it is still the woodcutter's furniture.

In other words, it is not indigenous then , right ?

We built the fighter jets (Naval LCA) & regional satellite navigation system(IRNSS)

And if you didnt know,Even China uses Ukranian gas turbines for their ships.

Learn some thing before trolling.

Back
Top Bottom