What's new

INS Vikrant to be commissioned by 2017: Naval chief

Is the tugboat doing some kind of celebration? Becos of the basin trail?

I guess OP of this thread purposely get himself ban so as no need to answer any of the inquiry for commission delays and date! :enjoy:
That photo was taken in May 2020 when INS Vikrant was moved from the shipyard pier to another location a few hundred yards away. I guessed they were celebrating the successful tug boats assisted movement of the ship even though it was just a few yards journey, LOL!

2f03-iufmpmp0503471.jpg

The "commissioning" of India’s second aircraft carrier has been delayed till September 2021? But it has not yet gone out for sea trial.

It’s only after IAC-I gets "commissioned" in September 2021 now, and is christened INS Vikrant, that the “flight trials” will be launched to make the carrier fully operational by 2022-2023.

Navy keen on 3rd aircraft carrier to retain edge over China, even as 2nd delayed yet again
2 days ago
0 72 1 minute read
jpg-3-780x470.jpg

The commissioning of India’s second aircraft carrier has been delayed till September next year because of the Covid-19 pandemic. While reconciling to this setback, the Navy remains all the more keen to push its case for a third aircraft carrier as well as two new fighter squadrons to counter China’s expanding footprint in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).

As the US recently displayed in the South China Sea, much to China’s discomfort, nothing projects raw combat power like an aircraft carrier strike group (CSG) capable of moving over 500 nautical miles (900 km) in a single day.

But India, which has currently deployed the bulk of its warships and submarines in the IOR to send a clear signal to Beijing, is in danger of losing its decisive edge over China in the CSG arena.

Sources say the “basin trials” of the first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC-I) being built at the Cochin Shipyard, which would have checked the 40,000-tonne warship’spropulsion, transmission and shafting systems, have been derailed by the pandemic.
The basin trials of IAC-I, first sanctioned by the government way back in January 2003, are to be followed by extensive sea trials. It’s only after IAC-I gets commissioned in September 2021 now, and is christened INS Vikrant, that the “flight trials” will be launched to make the carrier fully operational by 2022-2023.

The continuing delay in IAC-I, being constructed for Rs 22,590 crore, comes when China already has two aircraft carriers, while two more are being frenetically constructed. With the eventual aim to have a 10-carrier Navy by 2050, China is expected to begin deploying a CSG in the IOR within the next few years to take care of its “Malacca Dilemma”.

https://www.defenceaviationpost.com/
there is absolutely no way that this will be commissioned by 2023..best case scenario is 2025

also everyone knows the third carrier has been axed..

more likely India will simply operate 1 or 2 carrier till 2035 atleast..

with respect to pakistan we dont really care about carriers, the support ships will worry us, infact i would want india to acquire more carriers and spend money on themr ather then other ships

Indian Navy in 2020: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2021
Indian Navy in 2021: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2022
Indian Navy in 2022: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2023

With this lowest in the world efficiency, India wants to fight a war with the country boasting the world highest efficiency, China.

India is alledged also working on Covid-19 vaccines, we are pretty sure they will get their vaccines years after all Indians have achieved herd immunity.

It is good that India is wasting so much time and resources in building this one relatively small and incapable carrier. Had they used all this effort to build destroyers, frigates, or corvettes, I'm pretty sure it would pose a much larger threat to the Chinese navy.
Indian Navy in 2020: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2021
Indian Navy in 2021: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2022
Indian Navy in 2022: INS Vikrant to be commissioned in 2023
The plan is for 2023 right now. I would honestly not be surprised if it got pushed back to 2025.

That photo was taken in May 2020 when INS Vikrant was moved from the shipyard pier to another location a few hundred yards away. I guessed they were celebrating the successful tug boats assisted movement of the ship even though it was just a few yards journey, LOL!

View attachment 669899
These guys celebrate over every small lil thing, camping on LAC, celebrate as if its victory.... Ignoring the fact that 1000sqkm was lost. Lol

NEW DELHI: The delay on part of Russia in supplying aviation items has impeded the commissioning of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Vikrant and the warship is expected to be commissioned by October 2020, a senior Navy official said today.

Vice Admiral Hari Kumar, the Controller of Personnel Services (CPS), said the Navy has had a dialogue with the Russians and the force is hoping to stick to the 2020 deadline now.

"The major reasons for this delay, from 2018 to 2020, is the delay in the (supply of) aviation items from Russia. Because of that we had to adjust our schedule to a certain extent," Kumar said.

The Navy has started receiving the aviation items, Commodore J Chowdhury, Principal Director (Naval Design) said.

"Hopefully, Russia will be sticking to the items committed to us," Chowdhury added.

Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, in his annual Navy Day press conference last month, said a request for proposal (RFP) is likely to be issued by mid-2018 for the procurement of 57 multi-role combat fighter jets for the IAC.

The Indian Navy is presently operating with a single aircraft carrier -- INS Vikramadatiya.

Naval officials said a tableau on IAC Vikrant, along with the lethal Marcos Commandos, will be a part of the Republic Day exhibition.

In the Republic Day Parade, honorary Sub-Lieutenant Ramesh Chand, who has been a part of the ceremony for the last 29 years, will be participating in the show for the last time.

Source : https://www.asiadefence.com/ins-vikrant-to-be-commissioned-by-2020/

so, is it commissioned now? Modi pull a rabbit from hat in 3 month?
LOL

so, is it commissioned now? Modi pull a rabbit from hat in 3 month?
LOL
The funny thing is people are simultaneously trashing the Indians in this thread :rofl: ... thank god the internet is the best time capsule, otherwise the Indians could just deny they said these things.

Back
Top Bottom